Lit New crazy hypothesis about Mara Jade

Discussion in 'Literature' started by BaronNoir, Feb 10, 2013.

1. BaronNoir Force Ghost

star 1
    Beforehand, I'm perfectly aware that this is not true, and that Bo Katan was made to sell female action figurines. It's just for fun.

So, Bo Katan is one of the handful of green-eyed red-haired females in the EU. (In fact, there are to the best of my knowledge, her, Mara Jade and the BH from Kotor 2...)

She is also the sister of Duchess Satine-the woman that made Obi Wan betray his Jedi vows on chastity, apparently.

Having intimal meetings with your beloved sister or brother is quite frowned socially, but happens awfully in fiction....

In addition to the usual stuff (such as Sidious gloating ''ah ah ah, I have my vengeance on you Obi-Wan, who in addition to thwarting my plan on a weekly basis during the Clone Wars destroyed my apprentice at Mustafar !'') it would also have a nice ''parallel'' with the so bright idea of Han and Leia to hame their kid Anakin ''like is grandpa''.

Or explain nicely why Luke stop hearing Obi Wan Kenobi force visions as he meet Mara Jade.
  2. Jedifirefly5 Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    Um......... not sure............
  3. fett 4 Chosen One

star 4

Just make sure you don't do this in real life because if your caught having conversations with yourself they call you crazy :p
  4. Lazy Storm Trooper Force Ghost

star 4
    Only on the Jedi Council Forums could a conversation like this happen.
    fett 4 likes this.
  5. Iron_lord Chosen One

star 6
    And Daala. And I think a few others.
  6. Ghost Chosen One

star 6
    Lumiya too

Tenel Ka and her mother

EDIT: Nevermind, I don't know their eye colors
    Last edited by Summer Dreamer, Feb 11, 2013
  7. TrakNar Force Ghost

star 5
    I have conversations with myself all the time. Otherwise, I wouldn't be able to have an intelligent conversation at all.

As for Bo Katan being Mara Jade's mother (which is what I think you're getting at, I'm really not sure)... Better hope Filoni isn't reading this thread, else he will make it so.
    fett 4 and Riven_JTAC like this.
  8. Dawud786 Force Ghost

star 4
    Just to put this out there... the Jedi are celibate, not chaste. They can't marry or have romantic entanglements... but they can get their freak on.
  9. Lazy Storm Trooper Force Ghost

star 4
    Read my above post again for my ideas on the topic.
  10. BaronNoir Force Ghost

star 1
    Yes, I know this is a stupid idea. I even put it on my message. But this is a message board about Star Wars....
  11. Riven_JTAC Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    If Filoni did read these boards, TCW would be much better. So, I reject your concerns.
  12. Ulicus Lit'ari

Manager
    star 6
    Mara Jade is a gender flipped clone of Palpatine. So is Lumiya. You're welcome.
  13. BaronNoir Force Ghost

star 1
    Hey, what is lamer ?

My theory ?

Or the admitted motivation for creating Bo Katan ? (which is, we wanted to have a female character so people could cosplay it at conventions)
    Last edited by BaronNoir, Feb 11, 2013
  14. The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Don't worry, we'll get more eventually, soon as TCW gets around to giving us the Planet of Scottish People.
    RC-1991 likes this.
  15. fett 4 Chosen One

star 4

Explaining the motivation is easy, Boba Fett sells action figures, so they took it to the next level by having Boba Fett with breasts, thereby giving joy to all the fanboys in all the basements everywhere
    TrandoJedi, TrakNar and Dawud786 like this.
  16. Barriss_Coffee Chosen One

star 6
  17. Dr. Steve Brule Force Ghost

star 4
    As of the latest TCW episode, I am now prepared to entertain wild speculation that Mara is the illegitimate daughter of Tutso Mara, and the whole Temple bombing was staged by Palpatine specifically to kill him off so he could then take young Mara for Hand training.
  18. CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus

VIP
    star 6
    Yes, heaven forbid they create cool new female characters unless the plot specifically forces them to. You certainly wouldn't want to give young girls someone fully-dressed to cosplay as. Perish the thought.
  19. TrakNar Force Ghost

star 5
    I smell a diversity discussion! [IMG]
  20. FatSmel Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    didn't we already have that?

except they weren't people, they were Lemurs

also i'm curious as to whether all Nautolans are Jamaican or just Kit Fisto . . .
    rumsmuggler likes this.
  21. AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost

star 5
    Mara was born 17 BBY. Other than that little problem, I kind of like the idea that Bo Katan and Obi-Wan were her parents.
    Mazzic likes this.
  22. mes520 Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Me too
  23. The_Phantom_Calamari Force Ghost

star 4
    If you have red hair and green eyes and are in any way involved in galactic affairs during the prequel era, get ready to be accused of parenting Mara Jade. Might as well call to book an appearance on Maury before he calls you.

Also, if your name is Obi-Wan Kenobi, keep a steady reserve of cash on hand to pay for all the frivolous paternity claims that never seem to stop coming.

edit: I guess this is as good a time as any to bring up my brilliant theory regarding Lando Calrissian and Captain Panaka being related. They're both black, you see, and furthermore....
    Last edited by The_Phantom_Calamari, Feb 17, 2013
    fett 4 and CT-867-5309 like this.
  24. AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost

star 5
    Except we know Lando was born in 31 BBY on Socorro, so unless Panaka hooked up with someone on Coruscant while he was there, and she left for Socorro...well, it could happen. But the pessimism gene ought to have been passed on...
    "I had no other choice!" "This deal is getting worse all the time" "...If they didn't know we were coming." "Better than they will against that Death Star!" Though he does have some more optimistic moments, possibly from his mother. You may be on to something here.
  25. CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus

VIP
    star 6
    This is why I'm opposed to birth years in EGs - all it takes is an unexpected story idea to throw them out anyway. Does anyone here really think that if someone wanted to make Bo and Obi Mara's parents, they'd go "oh, but she wasn't born until 17 BBY...never mind."
    Ulicus, fett 4 and CT-867-5309 like this.