Lit Star Wars #2: In the Shadow of Yavin, part 2 (of 6)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by The Loyal Imperial, Feb 13, 2013.

1. themetresgained Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    I suppose that makes sense though. But it's still a bit vague; it made it sound like the X-Wing's native navigational computers. Oh well, not a big deal. I think I was being one of those picky neckbeard types.
  2. Dr. Steve Brule Force Ghost

star 4
    In Heir to the Empire, it's explicitly stated (and a bit of a plot point in the Nkllon section) that no X-wings come with slave circuits: "Some oversight in the design phase, no doubt."
  3. themetresgained Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Yes, exactly, which is why I got cranky. Like, Brian Wood, bro, they established this in one of the very first novels for SW ever written. They also make a reference to X-wings and slave circuits in one of the NJO books I read recently (I'm chowing through them so they're all blurring together...) but I forgave that because they're obviously newer generation X-wings that could have been updated to include a slave circuit. Not so with the ones that were being used during the Rebel Alliance era, though.
  4. JackG Force Ghost

star 4
    Just read this.
    it mentioned Lord Tion, the subjugation of Raltiir and Eriadu. And people said it wasn't going to reference canon! :p
  5. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
    You know, if we look at this issue from a "fresh POV, you've only ever seen ANH" angle... seeing "Lord Vader" and "Lord Tion" mentioned so close together in this issue would almost make one believe there's another servant on the Emperor like Vader out there...

...obviously that's nowhere near the case, but it's an interesting thought on the use of titles within the Imperial hierarchy.
    Last edited by The2ndQuest, Feb 25, 2013
  6. Gorefiend Chosen One

star 5
    Wasn’t Lord Tion from the House of Tion of the Tion Cluster (I am having Kuat of Kuat flashbacks…) and that’s why he got to have his Lord title, whilst actually being an Admiral (or Commodore)? Though there is of course always Jerec who also got to be called Lord because he was a Darth Vader stand-in… äh an Inquistor. ;)
  7. Gamiel Force Ghost

star 5
    I thought Jerec used the lord title because he was the highest ranking badguy within his group and lacked any real military rang, also dark siders has a tendency to call themself Lord of some reason or other
  8. AdmiralNick22 Fleet Admiral of Literature

Manager
    star 6
    No preview yet? Is this issue still on track for release next week?

--Adm. Nick
  9. Jedi Ben Chosen One

star 6
    Bro? Is there a Star Wars-Hawkeye crossover?
  10. JackG Force Ghost

star 4
    Nope. It came out in February :p
  11. themetresgained Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    BRO WAT R U DOIN