Lit The Tenebrous Way...

Discussion in 'Literature' started by SaucySarlaac, Feb 11, 2013.

1. SaucySarlaac Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hi All,

Can anyone explain what happened to Tenebrous in the short story published in Insider... I didn't catch the copy and I'm looking for any help on where I can get a hold of a copy of it.

The Wook suggests he becomes lost in the force, trapped outside his body, but thats a bit vague IMO...

Any help/detailed explanation would be amazing... thank you.
  2. Dr. Steve Brule Force Ghost

star 4
    It's probably easiest to explain it as him being a Force ghost trapped in a Groundhog Day loop, but one where time "outside" of his body keeps going forward, and his memory keeps resetting as well. Basically his attempt to jump bodies left him with only a few minutes of conscious thought, which keep repeating/resetting for centuries, and as soon as he realizes that by noticing his corpse is now ancient, he starts back over at the beginning.

Incidentally, I couldn't believe this story wasn't included in the Darth Plagueis paperback. It's such a natural fit, and where else are they going to put it? Is there some collection of Insider fiction that will ever get released? It's too good a story to just fade away into the mists of time...
    Ulicus likes this.
  3. Slowpokeking Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    He said he cloaked the foreseeing ability of Plagueis but Plagueis could still foresee many things.
  4. Barriss_Coffee Chosen One

star 6
    What @ said. Very Twilight-Zoneish. Wish we had more of that in the EU.
  5. Ulicus Lit'ari

Manager
    star 6
    "Hey, who turned out the lights?"
  6. Unbowed.Unbent.Unbroken Jedi Master

star 1
    Plagueis sometimes had brief visions of the future, mainly about irrelevant places, but his foresight failed him spectacularly on at least 3 occasions. There was the Maladian ambush, where he would have died if not for Sidious. There was the bombing of Sojourn, which Plagueis only survived because he was tipped off by Jabba, and there was his death at Sidious' hands.
  7. Slowpokeking Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Well I don't think his foresight could see anything even without Tenebrous' meddling otherwise he would be able to know Tenebrous' plan as well, he also foresaw what would Sidious become.

I think the last one is mostly caused by his own arrogance, he should have known Sidious' ambition, especially when he asked for co-chancellor.
  8. Arawn_Fenn Chosen One

star 7
    If Tenebrous isn't completely dead, does that mean he could come back as the villain of the ST?
  9. SaucySarlaac Jedi Knight

star 1
    Any ideas where I can get a copy of the story? sounds awesome
  10. Zorkel567 Jedi Grand Master

star 3
  11. Slowpokeking Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    As a Freedon Nadd in TotJ like role, yes.
    As the antagonist, NO.
  12. Dr. Steve Brule Force Ghost

star 4
    It would also depend when the ST is set, since The Tenebrous Way makes it clear his spirit has been trapped there for centuries, which would put it in the far future even of Legacy.

Of course that's assuming the ST would follow the established EU or Michael Arndt even knows who Tenebrous is.
  13. DarthJenari Force Ghost

star 4
    Really wish i'd picked up the copy of insider it came out in, because the story sounds amazing.