main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What is the name of this musical cue/track? *Official Thread*

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by General Kenobi , Jun 5, 2005.

1. General Kenobi

General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 31, 1998
    This is the thread to ask for the names of certain musical cues or tracks or even "songs" to be identified.

I'm making this a sticky thread. Let's see if that helps.

You might want to read the old thread to see if your answer is there.

Also, for the frequent questions about trailer music, soundtrack.net has a good trailer database. We also have a Star Wars trailer thread here.

The most commonly asked question: What is the name of the music that plays when Luke defeats Vader in [b]Return Of The Jedi[/b]?

[blockquote]That cue is called "The Dark Side Beckons". It can be found in the track "The Battle Of Endor II" on the ROTJ Special Edition cd. Also, on the older Star Wars Anthology set, it is found in the track "Final Duel/Into The Death Star". It is not included on the original soundtrack. We have a thread about this cue [link=http://boards.theforce.net/Star_Wars_And_Film_Music/b10190/7631992/?47]here[/link].[/blockquote]

Also a frequent question is: What is the name of the music that plays when Luke is looking into the twin sunset in [b]A New Hope[/b]?

[blockquote]The cue is called "Binary Sunset", and is found in the track "The Hologram/Binary Sunset" on the ANH Special Edition cd. On the original soundtrack and the Anthology, it appears in a track called "The Princess Appears".[/blockquote]

[hr]
    Here are the cues heard in the prequel trailers:

[b][u]The Phantom Menace[/u][/b]

[u]Teaser Trailer[/u]
    [ul][li]Opens with the Force Theme from "Landspeeder Search/Attack Of The Sandpeople" from ANH. It's the moment when Obi-Wan appears and tells R2 "Come here my little friend".[/li]
    [li]"Main Title" from ANH[/li]
    [li]"Binary Sunset" from ANH[/li]
    [li]"Mynock Cave" from ESB[/li]
    [li]"The Clash Of Lightsabers" from ESB[/li]
    [li]"End Title" from ESB[/li]
    [/ul]
    [u]Theatrical Trailer[/u]
    [ul][li]"The Clash Of Lightsabers" from ESB[/li]
    [li]"The Imperial March" from ESB[/li]
    [li]"Burning Homestead" from ANH[/li]
    [li]"Chasm Crossfire" from ANH[/li]
    [li]"Imperial Cruiser Pursuit" from ANH (very short bit)[/li]
    [li]"Chasm Crossfire" again[/li]
    [li]"End Title" from ESB[/li]
    [/ul]

[b][u]Attack Of The Clones[/u][/b]

[u]Breathing[/u]
    [ul][li]some suspenseful strings possibly from "The Clash Of Lightsabers" or "The Tractor Beam"[/li]
    [li]"The Death of Qui-Gon" from TPM (drums)[/li]
    [li]"End Title" from ANH or ESB (it's a very short burst)[/li]
    [/ul]
    [u]Mystery[/u]
    [ul][li]"Rescue from Cloud City/ Hyperspace"[/li]
    [li]"Duel of the Fates"[/li]
    [/ul]
    [u]Forbidden Love[/u]
    [ul][li]"Princess Leia?s Theme"[/li]
    [li]"Duel of the Fates"[/li]
    [/ul]
    [u]Clone War[/u]
    [ul][li]"The Pit of Carkoon/Sail Barge Assault"[/li]
    [li]"The Clash of Lightsabers"[/li]
    [li]"The Forest Battle"[/li]
    [/ul]

[b][u]Revenge Of The Sith[/u][/b]

[u]Teaser Trailer[/u]
    [ul][li]Same opening as the TPM Teaser; the Force Theme from "Landspeeder Search/Attack Of The Sandpeople" from ANH.[/li]
    [li]A very short cue from "Darth Maul And The Sith Spacecraft" from TPM, I believe.[/li]
    [li]"The Clash Of Lightsabers" from ESB begins after we hear "Rise."[/li]
    [li]"The Tide Turns/The Death Of Darth Maul" from TPM.[/li]
    [li]"Dawn Of The Empire" (technically titled "Confrontation With Count Dooku") from AOTC appears over the end title frames.[/li][/ul]

[u]Theatrical Trailer[/u]
    [ul][li]Opens with "The Wampa's Lair" from ESB.[/li]
    [li]"Darth Vader's Trap"; about 4:16 into the track "Carbon Freeze/Darth Vader's Trap/Departure Of Boba Fett" from ESB[/li]
    [li]Next is some percussion -- drum beats.[/li]
    [li]"The Emperor's Death" from the track "Battle Of Endor II", about 8:36[/li]
    [li]Then cuts back to ESB -- the end of the track "The Clash Of Lightsabers" where the Falcon is taking off from Bespin[/li]
    [/ul]

Raz Zaphon and Subtext Mining like this.
  2. outrider462004

outrider462004 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 31, 2004
    Teaser trailer for Revenge of the Sith is missing 1 track.After "Dawn of the Empire", the track "The Rupublic Pilots take of into Space", from the 2-disk TPM soundtrack, is heard. You may want to update that.

Edit: Also the Breathing trailer's last track is not what you say it is. I think it from "The Gungans March". Same soundtrack.

3. starwarsnumberonefan

starwarsnumberonefan Jedi Youngling

Jun 10, 2005
    What is the name of the cd that has ALL the star wars songs? is there 1? if there is tell me! I LOVE STAR WARS!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. General Kenobi

Dec 31, 1998
    There is no complete set of the soundtracks. There is the Anthology for the OT, but that is not as complete as buying the three Special Edition CDs.

BTW, they are not "songs", they are "tracks" or "cues". ;)

5. jaya02

jaya02 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 12, 2002
    When, during Rots, does the music at 3:40 from Palpatine's Teachings play? I know that on the JW site it sasy that last 1:34 minutes of the track haven't been released....but I'm 99% sure I heard the music in the film somewhere.

6. General Kenobi

Dec 31, 1998
    Cue 3M1, "Council Meeting", according to the cue list at jwfan.net.

7. jaya02

jaya02 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 12, 2002
    Ah, okay. It seems I misread that. Thanks.

8. Master_Yoder

Master_Yoder Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 16, 2005
    Scuse me I was also wondering what the song was when in TPM the droids were landing on naboo.

9. General Kenobi

Dec 31, 1998
    The name of that track is called "The Droid Invasion".

It is the Trade Federation theme.

10. Vader_vs_Maul

Vader_vs_Maul Jedi Master star 3

Dec 4, 2003
    What's the name of that cue where Dooku is approaching Coruscant on his way to meat Sidious near the end of AOTC? I've noticed that there's a modified, more intense version of that cue in the Battle of the Heroes track starting at 1:23.

11. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    The end of AOTC is scored with Confrontation With Count Dooku and Finale. However, the first part of the track on the CD was replaced with several tracks, including the end of The Tusken Camp and The Homestead.

As for the same music in Battle of the Heroes, I don't hear it. I think it's just similar and not anything intentional.

12. Vader_vs_Maul

Dec 4, 2003
    Yeah, well I didn't mean that it's the exact same music either. However I noticed a similarity, and I think it might be intentional. A sort of parallell to Dooku and the Sith, or the Dark Side if you will. The cue I'm talking about is the very beginning of Confrontation With Dooku and the Finale with the choir. Either way, intentional or not, I think it works very nicely. It did for me (apparently :p ).

13. Cerrabore

Cerrabore Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2004
    The hangar duel/finale music is a total mess in the film. Yes, the worst editing is in the arena battle, but that's all tracked music, so it doesn't really matter. But just listen to the film when Anakin and Obi-Wan enter the hangar. There are so many little deletions and loops, as well as substantial replacements, like the beginning of "Confrontation with Count Dooku and Finale," although there is SOME original music in the film during that segment - perhaps it was deleted from another scene, then tracked into this one. Or maybe the scene was partially rescored. The few duel-related cues that have surfaced in the Bounty Hunter videogame bear no great resemblance to their film counterparts because of all the editing.

14. Sith-Lord_James

Sith-Lord_James Jedi Master star 3

Dec 7, 2003
    I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this... But here I go anyway.

I have been looking for a certain song recently. It is a very inspirational song (without lyrics) and has been used in countless movies. I can most closely relate it to the music one would hear in a movie as the underdog runs across the finish line in first place in slow motion. I can't think of the name but I have been searching for quite a while now.

One thing is for sure though, whenever it plays, everything moves in slow motion.

15. Vader_vs_Maul

Dec 4, 2003
    I think I know which one you're talking about. Did you see it in Bruce Almighty? I think it's by Vangelis. Don't know the name, though. :p

16. General Kenobi

Dec 31, 1998
    Are you thinking of "Chariots Of Fire" by Vangelis?

17. Sith-Lord_James

Sith-Lord_James Jedi Master star 3

Dec 7, 2003
    Oh God, thank you. That would be exactly what I am looking for. If I see you guys walking on the street, remind me to give you a few bucks.;)

Thanks you again.

18. Master_Yoder

Master_Yoder Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 16, 2005
    Sorry again but what is the name of the song in rotj when the rebel fleet prepares to destroy the death star and says "____ leader standing by....""___ leader standing by"?

19. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    "Into the Trap," which is still my favorite SW music of all time! :D It's track 5 on the second disc of the ROTJ 2-disc soundtrack. ;)

20. timstephens4

timstephens4 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 10, 2005
    I was just packing up my room, going off to college next month, getting my own place. Anyway, I came across my copy of the Elementary Grade Star Wars Trilogy Special Edition Music Book that I got when I was just learning how to play my trumpet. One of the pieces in the book is titled "May The Force Be With You" and I cannot seem to find it on any of my soundtracks. I was wondering if this is a renamed portion of another track. Thanks for anything.

21. Grievous21

Grievous21 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 26, 2005
    What is the name of the song playing right at the end of ROTS. Its about 5-10 seconds before the credits and I dont think its binary sunset.Thanks.

22. mithrandir2087

mithrandir2087 Jedi Youngling

Jun 28, 2005
    What is the name of the track playing in Ep II when Obi-Wan is investigating Kamino and is in the rain. I've been looking for it. I always think of it when it's raining.
    Any help would be appreciated.

23. General Kenobi

Dec 31, 1998
    Tim - I can't say for sure, but my guess is that's the Force Theme. Perhaps from "The Throne Room"??

Grievous - That is the Force Theme, and yes, it is a reprise of the "Binary Sunset" cue from ANH.

Mith - We really don't have a name for that theme per se. Think of it as the "Kamino Mystery Theme". You can hear it on the incorrectly labeled "Star Wars Main Title And Ambush On Coruscant" (Track One) beginning at the 1:40 mark.

24. outrider462004

outrider462004 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 31, 2004
  25. The-Tennis-Ball-Kid

The-Tennis-Ball-Kid Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2004