main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The next Novel Contract - Updates from Sue (Spoilers Allowed) (Announced!)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Jeff_Ferguson, Nov 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eddie1969

eddie1969 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 3, 2005
    But these Traviss/Miller books could be part of a separate contract (like the RepCom books, or the Star Wars Galaxies book), thus have nothing to do with the new contract... My guess is that the juvenile Clone Wars books which were announced recently are also in a separate contract...

2. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    That'd be my guess- something similar to SW Galaxies or the Republic Commando books, which were contracted separately initially as they were game tie-ins, and not part of the main book contract. In this case, they're probably being contracted separately as being CW3D tie-ins.

3. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
  4. Jedimarine

Jedimarine Force Ghost star 5

Feb 13, 2001
    Bust out the Keg![face_dancing]

no?

oh.

ok.

maybe the hard stuff then.[face_tired]

5. ZanderSolo

ZanderSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2007
    Shweet.

I got some Captain Morgan i can bust out.

6. Darth_Hydra

Darth_Hydra Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 14, 2001
    That's good news although I'd already heard about Millenium Falcon novel in the Invincible thread.

7. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    Kegacy of the Force!

8. HedecGa

HedecGa Jedi Master star 4

Apr 19, 2006
    As my local Wal-Mart is secretly tasked by the devil to thwart all my Star Wars purchases, I've yet to join the ranks of my brethren and sistren in picking up my copy of Invincible--but hearing that there's an ad for a Falcon book is very intriguing. Maybe we'll finally discover what it was doing on Coruscant in Ep III. I wonder if it's going to be an "origins" book kind of thing like the Death Star novel [face_thinking]

I'm very excited to hear more SW books on the horizon. Now I'm off to scoure the tri-county area for a decent bookstore. :)

9. luec3493

luec3493 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 3, 2002
    can somebody answer a question for me regarding the 1999 delray contract. it went form 1999 to 2005 because lfl wented the same publishing house for all three movie books. and that the dark nest books were design to provide a way to develop the timeline incase del ray lost the contract. One interesting thing is that TFU novel is a seperate contract contract and that rule of two was replacing the darth plagueis novel that the falcon book is an addition to the currant contract snice the new contract may start on 01-01-2009 but they usaully have the first book of the contract is the may/june hardcover.

10. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Well, I've zero interest in LOTF onwards but DR's other era work has often been very good so will be interested on that basis.

11. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    Come on, Ackbar Vs. Pellaeon! :)

12. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    "Indeed"

13. Glove_of_Darth_Vader

Glove_of_Darth_Vader Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 8, 2008
    And...here we go again. [face_tired]

14. rebel_cheese

rebel_cheese Jedi Master star 4

Jul 6, 2006
    I think that Del Rey has done an overall decent job with the series so I'm not unhappy with this news. I do hope they keep the EU strong for the years to come.

15. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    Not really surprised about this.

The real fun starts when they announce the contract in more specific terms.

16. GoA

GoA Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 7, 2007
    I'm not really sure how I feel about this news. I guess I will wait and see (who am I kidding? I'll be tossing my money at anything Star Wars, regardless).

17. Rouge77

Rouge77 Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2005
  18. Kaje

Kaje Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2005
    Well, overall I'm fairly pleased with this news. I enjoyed almost all of DR's prequel-era books, most of NJO, and a bit over half of LOTF, and I'd say that pretty much outweighs DR's bad points. I certainly think Del Rey's done better than Bantam, that's for sure. Though it would've been really interesting to see what someone like Tor would've done with Star Wars.

19. Corusca_One

Corusca_One Jedi Master star 3

Oct 24, 2005
    Not really surprising, especially if you've been following the Invincible thread. Still i've been about as happy with Del Rey as Bantam, the only exception being too few character books compared to the latter.

It feels like most of the slots for Character driven stories fell to the PT stuff while they focused on big stories for post RotJ. My only hope is that after LotF we get to see the more individual stories again, the only 'series' i'd like to see for a while is something akin to Bantam's X-Wing books.

We can but wait and see. :)

20. Manisphere

Manisphere Jedi Master star 5

Aug 25, 2007
    I just can't fault Del Rey cause I freakin' loved The NJO, DNT, most of the prequel books and...well I have no complaints about Del Rey.:)

21. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    Kinda makes me wonder why the big secret if it was just going to be Del Rey.

Maybe they want to announce the next big series when they do the press release? Suppose they might feel announcing the specifics of a new series would give away the ending to LOTF as well maybe.

Oh well, I guess I've just answered my own question. Move along, move along.

22. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    I approve of this expression or feeling wholeheartedly.

23. ZanderSolo

ZanderSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2007
    Dibs on First "Kegacy Stand"

24. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    Christ in heaven, I have been wanting a book like that for years. If Del Rey publishes it, I may die of delight. :D

--Adm. Nick

25. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    You survived the announcement of Indomitable, hopefully that built you up enough to be able to take Ackbar Vs. Pellaeon :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.