main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Boba Fett in The Clone Wars (spoilers allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by fanboyskywalker, Feb 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    Daniel doesn't sound at all like he did for AOTC. It's understandable given the years that have gone by since AOTC, but in universe, Boba sounds drastically older for such a short time that's gone by.

Meh. I still think it's great that they got Daniel back, along with his enthusiasm for the character, rather than go with someone (probably an actress) that could better replicate a young boy's voice.

2. Bad_Feeling

Bad_Feeling Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2002
    This is my first post on the boards since 2005! C-razy!

Anyway, that vid looks sweet. I wonder how big of a role Boba will play in the next seasons of Clone Wars? Hopefully he'll be pretty badass!

3. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    I'm pretty sure this trilogy is all we can expect of Boba in TCW series. They won't make him a recurring villain.

That clip is awesome, the animation look s to be top notch. And Daniel is voicing all the young clones, right? It sounded like him to me.

4. XCell

XCell Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2004
    Would if Boba became part of the main cast? Now that could be interesting..

*waits for someone with EU material to object*

5. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Actually, there isn't a lot of EU material about him at this time in his life. So it could theoretically work.

But I am not sure how, thematically, he could be a regular on the show.

6. ArrogantJedi

ArrogantJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 11, 2008
    I don't think he'll be on the show that often, but he'll probably make at least one or two appearances in an arc every season from here on out. Given that he is an orphan, he'll be learning his tricks of the trade by spending time with bounty hunters such as Aurra Sing and also just from own experience.

7. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    I doubt it'd be that much. I can see him making one more appearance but other than that no. He might get mentioned every now and then because well...he's Boba Fett but this arc and maybe one more appearance down the road should do it.

He'll attempt his revenge on Mace and he'll move on.

8. fanboyskywalker

fanboyskywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 3, 2008
    What makes you say that? I could def. see him popping up a couple of more times throughout the series, even if the storyline doesn't make any sense for it (season two anyone?).

Heck, look how much they have brought back Hondo!

9. waheennay

waheennay Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2000
    Watching the featurette again I noticed in the beginning they were playing what sounded like Charles Bronson's Harmonica theme from
    Once Upon A Time In The West!

10. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that Filoni, if not Lucas, will use the opportunity created by Cut, Slick, and Boba to pursue a story in which other clones besides those from Jango begin to be introduced.

As is said in Battlefront II - and I'm paraphrasing - a clone army created from one individual is too susceptible to corruption.

11. Berkyjay

Berkyjay Jedi Youngling

May 25, 2007
    I don't think that will be part of the canon for Clone Wars. Count on the fact that all of the clones come from Jango.

12. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    I don't figure that we will see other clones, but I'm still hoping.

Lucas has said that by the time of the original trilogy the clones of Jango have begun to be supplanted by clones of other sources and conscripts. But to me that just sounds like he is throwing a bone to the fans to account for the differences between the prequels (and now TCW) and the original trilogy:

[image=http://www.starwars.com/hnd/theclonewars/guide/episode209/illo.jpg]

Dave Filoni is more well versed in the EU than Lucas, so I'd have to be pinning my hopes on him proposing the idea of taking the opportunity in TCW to begin to show this process, rather than relying on Lucas' comment that at some undetermined point in time between ROTS and ANH, Jango clones began to be supplanted. All the clones being of Jango and apparently being grown on Kamino under the same instructors (as they all have the same accent) would also mean that if the CIS attacked Kamino, the Republic would be at risk of losing its entire source of troops. Not to mention at the end of ROTS we see non-Jango clones (or conscripts) operating the stations aboard the star destroyer, more akin to the screen shot from the original trilogy rather than TCW.

We have established that Padme wants to scale back on clone production as seen in Senate Murder and also we've seen corruption in the Jango strand of clones in the form of Slick and Cut, and Boba Fett is apparently able to infiltrate the clone army with nobody being the wiser since he is just another Jango clone. I don't think it's a stretch that conscripts could begin to be recruited as a compromise to the immorality of using a clone army (let alone a corruptible one) while not scaling back the war effort.

13. fanboyskywalker

fanboyskywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 3, 2008
    Good catch. I was actually surprised the show had the clones operating as naval officers as well.

I think the stormtrooper conscript descripincies (?) is something they could explore in the LAS if it was interesting enough.

14. waheennay

waheennay Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2000
    I don't think Palpatine would start cloning from a new source until after Order 66.

15. Dynoblaze

Dynoblaze Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 16, 2010
    Not really. I just watched Kick-Ass and Hit Girl would stomp him [face_laugh] :_|

16. Gry Sarth

Jun 24, 1999
    In the video commentary for Death Trap, Dave Filoni says that Boba is a "young boy, 10 or 12 years old". So definetly NOT a teenager as much of the marketing tried to make him out to be.

17. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    I must say, I like the way they handled Boba in the show. He certainly wasn't uber-powerful as some feared. Everything he did seemed like a ?twelve? year-old with his training could accomplish. (Of course he got lucky that a stupid crew was manning the ship, otherwise his plans would have been noticed.) However, he did seem much more capable than the average preteen kid. TCW team did a great job handling him! =D=

18. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
  19. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Well, looks like you were wrong on that count. :cool:

20. Gry Sarth

Jun 24, 1999
    Well, he had, what, a single episode after that? I wouldn't call that quite a "recurring villain"...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.