main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The little things you love about each movie...

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by MaccaJack, Jul 12, 2010.

1. MaccaJack

MaccaJack Jedi Youngling

Jun 19, 2010
    What are the small details you love about each or any of the six movies?

For me one of them would be in ROTS when it is raining on Coruscant as Vader and Palpatine arrive. Really eerie atmosphere which reflects the times ahead (stormy, unclear).

Also the scar of remembrance lip make-up Queen Amidala wears in TPM. Its never touched upon in the movie, but its a great little detail.

Any for you?

2. Crimson-Repairman

Crimson-Repairman Jedi Master

Jul 5, 2010
    The part where Anakin killed the entire separatist council. That was awesome and it looked awesome.

I tell you. There should have been more suitless Vader in ROTS.

3. Anakin's Daddy

Anakin's Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Aug 13, 2002
    There is really too many to think of! This could be an interesting thread.

TPM - The look in Qui-Gon's Eyes at Anakin's dinner table.
    ATOC - Obi Wan: "For a drink."
    ROTS - As soon as Darth Sideous puts up his hood and speaks. He becomes "The Emperor" at this second for me.
    ANH - Chewie's yell for everyone to face the front during the throne room ceremony.
    ESB - Yoda: "Aww... cannot get your ship out."
    ROTJ - Vader's moment of silence after Luke says, "then my father is truly dead."

4. anakin_girl

anakin_girl Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 8, 2000
    I've got several as well:

TPM: Qui-Gon's hand on Shmi's shoulder, asking her if she'll be alright, when he told her that he would look after Anakin. Anakin's half-smile at Padme during the ending ceremony.

AOTC: Anakin messing with Padme's mind by pretending to be hurt after falling off the shaak. Boba's "Dad! Taun We's here!" and Jango's "Always a pleasure to meet a Jedi."

ROTS: Anakin picking Padme up and swinging her around, in the shadows of the Senate hallway.

ANH: Leia's "into the garbage shoot, flyboy!" and knocking Han with her blaster. Luke scaring the daylights out of the entire rebellion by turning off his navicomputer.

ESB: "I am nice men..." 'Nuff said. And the way Vader stopped the stormtroopers from shooting Chewie when Han was going into carbon freeze.

ROTJ: Going to repeat one that has already been mentioned. Luke saying, "Then my father is truly dead." And the look that we can almost see on Vader's face afterwards, even with the mask. The way Vader leans over the railing at that moment.

5. MaccaJack

MaccaJack Jedi Youngling

Jun 19, 2010
    I wouldn't exactly call this a small detail of a movie that people love or enjoy. Anakin murdering unarmed people is the thing he is so remorseful about after the death of Dooku. IMO by brutally killing the Seperatists without care or remorse is a pretty big part of Anakin's final phase in his turn to the dark side.

But each to their own! ;) (Wasn't a criticism of you. Just a thought)

6. MissPadme

MissPadme Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 9, 1998
    Too many to name!

--MissPadme

7. StampidHD280pro

StampidHD280pro Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2005
    I: "Finish the race of course. :rolleyes: " and "Did he crashed?"
    II: Padme's white outfit. The look on Obi-Wan's face seeing Anakin and Padme together at the Geonosian arena. The marriage on the balcony.
    III: The creepy little smile as the Emperor says "We shall have peace." Yoda dropping his cane.
    THX: "What he just do?" The hologram eating biscuits. The music box medical exam.
    IV: "Utinni!" The music during the ceremony.:_|
    V: Ozzel's sudden death. The toolbox falling on Han. The music during the asteroid field scene.
    VI: Oola's tit. The shot to Luke's mechanical hand. And of course, Yub Nub.

8. Ord-Mantell70

Ord-Mantell70 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 9, 2009
    TPM : Natalie Portman's look when she arrives in the hangar on the Eopie with Anakin and Kitster just before the podrace, and sees Watto. God she looks so sexy !
    AOTC : Anakin talking with the Jawas near the sandcrawler on the sunset. Beautiful shot.
    ROTS : Suited Vader walking on the deck of the Star Cruiser at the end. Really emotional and reminiscent of ESB.
    ANH : The Lars homestead set and location, outdoor and indoor.
    ESB : The first part of the Luke/Vader duel in the freezing-chamber. Awesome choregraphy, set, light and colors.
    ROTJ : The black Ewok stealing and unconfortable piloting of the speeder-bike as a diversion. Great fun moment.

9. Hyper_Snyper

Hyper_Snyper Jedi Master

Jan 29, 2003
    This isn't something I love but something I think about every single time I watch a certain scene in ROTJ.

In the end where the Falcon is racing out of the Death Star before it blows. There's one last TIE fighter that gets engulfed by the flames. When I was young I always felt bad for that dude. Not anymore but it's stuck in my mind and I think about him and his quick and painless demise every time I watch that scene.

10. Eternity85

Eternity85 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 24, 2008
    I posted a similar thread a while back, and i had one that is very special to me.. Its a moment during the battle at Mustafar. Anakin and Obi Wan are standing on each their platform on the lava river, its a short moment where they just gaze at each other in silence, it has so much emotion and depth to it, something that cannot be described with words. Amazing!

11. oierem

oierem Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 18, 2009
    Jar-Jar in the kitchen with Shmi.
    Clieg Lars's speech at the funeral being about Shmi and Anakin's being about himself.
    Palpatine's smile after he says "I'm appointing you to be my personal representative on the Jedi Council".
    3PO punching R2 when R2 says "what message?".
    Han punching the Falcon to make her work.
    The ewok looking from a small balcony during the "banquet".

12. anakin_girl

Oct 8, 2000
    Forgot a few, although like MissPadme, I have too many to name.

AOTC: Someone mentioned it already, but the look on Obi-Wan's face when Anakin and Padme are wheeled in to the arena. If it weren't Star Wars, I think Obi-Wan would say "What the ****?"

ANH: R2D2 ducking into the escape pod, 3PO right behind him saying "Don't you call me a mindless philosopher, you overweight glob of grease!"

13. Anakin's Daddy

Anakin's Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Aug 13, 2002
    TPM: Darth Maul getting cut in half.
    AOTC: Zam getting her hand cut off, The Sandpeople getting their heads cut off, the Acklay getting his pinchers cut off, the Reek getting his horn cut off, Jango getting his head cut off & Anakin getting his arm cut off.
    ROTS: Dooku Getting his hands cut off, Dooku getting his head cut off, Grievous getting 2 hands cut off, Mace getting his hand cut off & Anakin getting his other arm and his legs cut off.
    ANH: C3P0 getting his arm knocked off & Ponda Baba getting his arm cut off.
    TESB: The Wampa getting his arm cut off, The Tauntaun getting his belly cut open, C3PO getting blown apart & Luke getting his hand cut off.
    ROTJ: Vader getting his hand cut off.

8-} :p

14. anakin_girl

Oct 8, 2000
    You like slasher films, don't you? 8-}

15. CloneUncleOwen

CloneUncleOwen Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2009
    Aunt Beru serving blue milk in ANH.

16. dewback_rancher

dewback_rancher Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2009
    I've got two ATM:

ESB: the actual lizards and snakes brought in to complete the Dagobah set. There's this one iguana I never noticed until I watched the ESB Special Edition on the big screen, it's so small watching it on TV. But it's the little things like that that complete the ambiance!

ROTS: The ending montage, Luke and Leia's leitmotifs from the OT playing as they're taken to their new homes. Totally brings the Saga together!

17. StampidHD280pro

StampidHD280pro Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2005
    the idea of vaporator mushrooms

18. Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon

Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 17, 2000
    TPM: the Jedi comlinks
    AotC: that Kaminoan poison dart
    RotS: Luke and Leia
    SW: Jawas
    TESB: Ugnaughts
    RotJ: Ewoks

19. ChosenOne314

ChosenOne314 Jedi Youngling

Oct 29, 2009
    my little things:

TPM: The Darth Maul duel/ Duel of the Fates... Natalie Portman, Keira Knightley. Jabba's scenes. Aurra Sing during the podrace... that Yoda is still a puppet in this one... and how Liam Neeson just hangs up after he's done talking.

AOTC: The Obi-Wan /Jango Fett fight... When Mace Windu shows up at the arena with all the Jedi. Christopher Lee in general...

ROTS: The battle over Couruscant.. The battle on Kashyyk.. When Anakin mauls the Seperatist leaders. Christopher Lee gets beheaded.. We get to see Alderaan.

ANH: Carrie Fisher in general... "The circle is now complete when I left you I was but the learner now I am the Master"... and the Death Star trench run still gives me goosebumps.

ESB: How Yoda is a little nuts and beats R2 with a stick - "Awww, cannot get your ship out.." The banter between R2 and 3PO about Leia's chamber on Hoth and how they're going to "thaw out all her clothes".... also "There's no time to discuss this as a committee!" "I am not a committee!" ... also... "Laugh it up fuzzball."

ROTJ: Salacious Crumb. "It's a trap!" well Admiral Ackbar in general ... and my favorite is when Vader gets up - "Obi-Wan... has taught you well."

20. Gary_Buchenara

Gary_Buchenara Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 29, 2009
    1. Bernie from the Commitments.
    2. The sound of those sonic charger things that Jango fires at Obiwan.
    3. The music during that scene where Padme's looking out the window and being angsty. Best scene ever between her and Anakin. Possibly because they don't speak.
    4. Porkins
    5. "I know."
    6. Salacious Crumb

21. ChosenOne314

ChosenOne314 Jedi Youngling

Oct 29, 2009
    I was going to put that one as well. Actually one of my fav scenes in ROTS

22. BigBadBane

BigBadBane Jedi Youngling

Jul 5, 2010
    When anakin is telling padme how he slaughtered the sand people "There animals and I slaughtered them like animals, I hate them!!" say what you will about aotc but in my opinion thats great acting by Hayden Christensen

23. JediMasterChiefYoda

JediMasterChiefYoda Jedi Master star 3

Aug 8, 2003
    I liked Wedge's apprence in ESB. It showed that even the small characters were in the fight for the long haul.

24. DarthJohnkenobi

DarthJohnkenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 13, 2004
    The heroic sacrifice of both Corpsey the Dead Ewok and Skippy the Jedi droid.

25. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    (r^2)*dr