main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Resource The Beta Reader Index v4.1 and Concrit Index -- April 2008 Update (New Info + Survey)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by BetaReaderIndex, Nov 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. benskywalker22

benskywalker22 Jedi Padawan

Feb 7, 2010
    I am looking for a couple of beta readers, who are in fanfic.theforce.net website so I can contuine to work on my story while their website is down, it is about Ben and Jysella and how their family found out that they have been married for four years, and also how Luke, Corran, and Marix found out they were going to be grandparents I will give you a small piece of the story and here it is

?Oh no you don?t Threepio", and then Ben moved close to him and switched Threepio?s power switch off and he powered down.

?Let?s turn on the holonet and see how bad it is?? Jysella told him and then flipped it on and then they watched in horror as their secret was exposed.

I hoped you enjoyed this part of my story please if you can beta read this for me PM me or email me at sarahriding@yahoo.com if intreasted thanks.

2. ForceGhostOfCozmic

ForceGhostOfCozmic Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 25, 2005
    I am seeking a beta for a fic I'm currently working on

Title: Last of The Few
    Timeframe: PT - Clone Wars (Year Three)
    Length: About 6,000 so far
    Genre: Action
    Characters: OC's (Seth Farwell - young Jedi Knight, CL-1983 "Solus" - rouge Clone, plus other Jedi and Clones)
    Summary: As the Clone Wars draws to a close for two soldiers of the Republic, the real horrors of the war finally confront them.

Note: Had posted this story on here in the past, but lost my bata halfway through. Ended up getting side tracked as well. So I thought I'd come back to it and get some help this time. Not sure how many posts this will take but will try and keep it short.

3. benskywalker22

Feb 7, 2010
    I am looking for two beta readers that are on fanfic.theforce.net. It is a very short story that is only a half of page long, it is about ben and who he goes to visit after Luke and himself come back after Luke's exile. it is posted on this web site, but I would like to get it posted to the fanfic.theforce.net if anybody can hlep me I would be very thankful

Benskywalker22

4. benskywalker22

Feb 7, 2010
    I am looking for two beta reader to read a short story, that has Ben visiting an old friend in the Fallen Jedi Room I think that people would like it. Please I would like to submit it to the fan fic artcvie.

Thanks

Sarah

5. RosemundHurt

RosemundHurt Jedi Youngling

May 2, 2011
    Timeframe: OT
    Length: multi-post (spanning a trilogy)
    Genre: Action/Drama/Romance
    Characters: Anakin, Padmé, Luke, Leia, Han, Obi Wan Kenobi, Various canon and OC?s
    Summary: basically a re-imagining of the OT based on the premise of Anakin and Padmé running from Mustafar when she asked.
    Notes: At the moment I have quite a few scenes written for the first story, and I?m trying to thread them together. I have premises for all three stories and just need some help fine tuning everything and getting it up and out there.

Thank you to anyone who reads this, and I hope someone will give me a shout soon, it would be very much appreciated :)

Rosie xo

6. ForceGhostOfCozmic

ForceGhostOfCozmic Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 25, 2005
    Hi, I'm in need of another Beta, as I haven't heard from my other one in sometime and I'd like to see my story through. I'm happy to have two, if and when they come back as it can't hurt imo :p

This is what I've got so far, with more on the way

Hope someone can help out [face_peace]

7. benskywalker22

Feb 7, 2010
    I am still looking for two beta readers to read this story, can you plese help me

Thanks

benskywalker22

8. Tarsier

Tarsier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 31, 2005
    I'm looking for a beta for a partially posted work in progress, Worth Fighting For.

Timeframe: LOTF AU
    Length: multipost - novella?
    Genre: drama, action
    Characters: Mara, Luke, Dankin, Odonnl, OC, a few others
    Summary: An AU pretty similar to canon except that Luke married Callista instead of Mara. The story starts shortly after Callista dies, when Luke finds himself and his son travelling with Mara and her crew.
    Notes: I'm about half to two-thirds of the way finished with the story and just can't seem to get the rest to come together. I have the outline and general idea for the rest of the story but when I try to write the remaining chapters it just isn't working. So ideally I would like to find someone who could not only help me with spelling/grammar/etc, but who might have some ideas about what to do with the plot and structure of the story.

9. Ubersue

Ubersue Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 1, 2008
    Hi Sarah,

I'd be happy to beta your fic for you.

10. Ubersue

Ubersue Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 1, 2008
    If you haven't found a beta yet, I'd be happy to help you with this. :)

11. benskywalker22

Feb 7, 2010
    I am looking for a beta reader I am trying to get this story in to the archives can someone help me? The story is on this website for now It is titled: Ben and Tahiri's Wedding. I completely re wrote it, it had the same theme but different type of wording. I have tried twice to get beta readers for the fanfic.theforce.net but I have had no luck now I have pasted the first two paragraphs of the story please email me back at sarahriding@comcast.net if you are intreasted. Thanks

Sarah

Ben sat in his quarters and he said to himself, it feels so good to be home. Then Ben reached for a dish only to feel as if a giant hand plucked him from his chair and flung him away. He blacked out as he hit the wall, forcing the air from his lungs and stars before his eyes.

When Ben came through a half of hour later he shook his head to clear it. He then got up and said to himself that he felt different somehow and then he closed his eyes and stretched out with the force and he then felt that he had very strong feelings for Tahiri. He had to go see her at the Galactic State Penitentiary.

When he got to the Penitentiary, he went to the window and tapped on the glass. The guard who was on duty pressed a button and the window opened.

?Can I help you?? he asked Ben.

?I wish to see Tahiri Veila.? Ben replied.

?Your name please.? He stated to Ben.
    ?Jedi Knight Ben Skywalker.?

12. Dickie

Dickie Jedi Master star 4

Jan 19, 2005
    I recently started my first attempt at fan-fic writing and was directed here as a possible place to find a beta-reader for contructive criticism and feedback.

The link ishere.

Timeframe: Just prior to ROTJ, rest of story about 3-5 years after.
    Length: Multipost
    Genre: Action, general-swashbuckling-space-caper
    Characters: My own OCs
    Summary: A group of Imperial pilots, Stormtroopers and operators find themselves disgraced and out of work following the fall of the GE. A plan emerges which brings them back together for one last expedition.
    Notes: I have the whole plot worked out and more characters to introduce later on.

13. Krayt-Eagle

Krayt-Eagle Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 1, 2007
    Hi, I'm looking for a beta for a fic I'm currently writing. I'm trying to complete most of it before I start posting it. At the moment its about 7k words.

Title; Absolute Power
    Timeframe; NJO (specifically starts at Rebel Dream)
    Length; Epic (meaning long ;) )
    Genre; Drama, Action/Adventure, Romance, Suspense
    Characters; Kyp, Jaina, OC's, Jag, (many canon characters, but K/J/J and OC are more focused upon)
    Notes; I can't come up with a sufficient summary, so I'm just gonna write my goals: Follows canon mainly up to the point of the Battle for Coruscant, AU after that. Writing true to character as I possibly can, and it'll be K/J (cuz I miss that fandom!). I know what kind of story I want to do, but I hope to have a beta that can help polish the edges, offer constructive criticism, tell what's out of character and offer advice. I believe it would help if he or she were into or don't vilify a Kyp/Jaina pairing.

I haven't been on theforce.net in a LONG time! But I've also had this idea lingering around my head for a long while, as well. I haven't seen many K/J fics lately, so that's pushed me even more to get my idea out there.

14. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    Hi, I'm sure the name links on the first page probably is not up to date and I'm not sure they've all come back after the long move. I'm looking for a beta and concrit reader for two stories I'm working on.

http://boards.theforce.net/threads/the-bond-qui-gon-anakin-shmi-au-chapter-2-up-10-03-2012.50004130/#post-50072895]The[/url] Bond which is a couple years after TPM. It will hopefully be under 10,000 words, but I tend to write more when inspired. :p It will have drama, action/adventure, romance, suspense, and comedy. Main characters are Qui-Gon, Shmi, and Anakin, though others will be in there as well. The basic premise is that Qui-Gon survives the duel with Darth Maul and trains Anakin. It starts when Qui-Gon takes Anakin with him to Tatooine in order to free Shmi. Anakin gets kidnapped (sh, don't tell anyone because I haven't gotten to that in the thread and I don't wanna give it away to my readers ;)), while on Tatooine, and that's all I'm gonna tell.

The other one is called http://boards.theforce.net/threads/a-family-in-exile-au-padme-obi-wan-more-chapter-7-up-10-3-2012.50003640/]A[/url] Family in Exile and will be of epic length. It takes place intertrilogy and like The Bond will have various genres within it. Main characters are Obi-Wan and Padme with others now and then (and Luke growing up). A basic summary is Padme doesn't die after giving birth to the twins. She and Obi-Wan pose as husband and wife and raise Luke on Tatooine.

I really need some constructive criticism and a beta for these.

15. benskywalker22

Feb 7, 2010
    do you still do beta reads

16. Master Elaine Nega

Master Elaine Nega Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 30, 2013
    I' m looking for a beta reader for a story I' m currently working on, Against the Destiny. Currently the prologue is only about 2000 words, but it' s just the beginning, and it will be much more. The rating is PG - 13, because there will be some violence. It is a TPM AU where along with Qui - Gon and Obi - Wan, a Jedi Master OC is sent to negotiate with the Trade Federation. The story mostly focuses on her inner struggles about her past, present, and what she finds out to be the inevitable future. She tries to fight the destiny of others... And what she is as well. No pairings. First person POV. Also has a slight Screw Destiny outlook( because my char is still rebellious) .

17. darksideyesplease

darksideyesplease Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2005
    I'm looking for a Beta reader for my story Abjure. http://boards.theforce.net/threads/abure-ocs-vader-tarkin-chapter-5-june-23.50012967/

I'm just beginning to write on it again. Abjure the sequel to Ruin are stories I was writing with FelsGoddess. She was very good at editing and giving me advice if something wasn't so good in the story.

I don't get a lot of feedback on these stories because they are mostly OC based in the Saga era. So I'd really love to be able to dish back and forth with at least one person. I used to talk about this story all the time with Fels. Even if many people weren't reading it, I still enjoyed writing it because we did it together and plus I could just gush over the characters and what I was doing with them.

So it would be really nice to have some sort of constant feedback on the characters and how to develop them, how to develop the story. I have tons of ideas that are not written down yet, so I'd like to share those to before I write all of it.

Anyway, hopefully this isn't asking too much but if anyone is interested, please PM me.

18. Viridian-Maiden

Viridian-Maiden Jedi Master star 1

Aug 14, 2013
    Is this index still operable? Brand new writer looking for a beta for my newly posted story "The Legacy of the Last Starstar" which is a slightly different take on the familiar Obi-wan/handmaiden ship. Feeling trepidated about the whole beta/fanfic thing but would be interested in hearing from someone who can be supportive and isn't tired of reading this type of story. Also anyone who can offer advice about being the new writer on the block.

Timeframe: post-AOTC-pre-ANH
    Genre: Romance/Drama/Hurt-Comfort
    Characters: Obi-wan, Padme, Anakin, OCs
    Summary: The last Starstar heir witnesses the end of the Jedi Order and the Fall of the Republic from Naboo, and plays important but hidden roles in the lives of Obi-wan Kenobi and the Skywalker family.
    Notes: EU to the films (I don't read much EU fiction) and a different take on the Obi-wan/handmaiden ship. Lots of angst, I admit, but not without reason.

Please PM me if you would be interested and would like to see if this could work out to make a story I'm already proud of and anxious to share even better! Thanks so much and hope to hear from you!

19. Mando-Man

Mando-Man Jedi Master star 2

Dec 1, 2008
    Hi I am looking for a Beta for my current fic Prelude to Terror. I am looking for someone to give some concrit, general grammar and spellchecking and maybe some help with curing a small area of writers block (the bane of all writers:mad:)

Timeframe: NJO
    Genre: Action/Drama/Angst
    Characters: Mandalorians, Yuuzhan Vong, Jedi (OCs mainly)
    Summary: A Jedi Apprentice is sent out to conduct surveillance on a Yuuzhan Vong held world that a Taskforce of Galactic Alliance, Imperial Remnant and Mandalorian soldiers is planning on targeting next for Liberation. She is discovered and captured and the Taskforce leadership sends a Mandalorian rescue team to bring her back.
    Notes: I am almost done with this fic, I am planning maybe one or two more chapters before it is over and I just want them to be good quality.

20. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    Well since most of the beta readers listed and the request form got truncated, I'll just post what I need and hope someone will bite.

NON-SW BETA NEEDED

Timeframe: N/A
    Length: WIP
    Genre: Poetry, Humor, Adventure
    Characters: Eight players from Tide of Flames over in RPF
    Summary: An epic poem retelling the D&D adventures of the Company of the Crescent Flame during the time of the Red Hand invasion of Elsir Vale.
    Notes: I need someone who is good with poetry who can help me make sure the pacing and the rhythm goes together. I can rhyme words easily enough, its making it all flow smoothly that is the hard part. I am also aware that this is for a game over in RPF, however, I will be posting the finished product in NSWFF as a Forgotten Realms tale to share with everyone else too. Any takers?

21. Kahara

Kahara FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Mar 3, 2001
    Hi, I'm looking for someone to beta my current almost-completed story in progress.

Timeframe: post-ANH, pre-ESB

Length: Estimated to be about 9,000 words when complete. (Currently I’m at 8.5 of 9 outlined chapters.)

Genre: Character study? Drama? Actually, identifying the genre is one of the areas in which I want to ask advice.

Characters: Yoda, Padmé, Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan, mentions of others

Summary: Yoda is used to receiving ghostly visitors, but this one is a little out of the ordinary. A parent-teacher conference with the luminous brings unexpected challenges.

Notes: If anyone has time to beta and check some basics like paragraph division, typos that I cannot see because they are mine (gah!), and grammar, let me know. Your help would be greatly appreciated!

So, anyone up for editing some Yodaspeak? ;)

Edit 6-12: Found a beta! :)

22. Darkwriter

Darkwriter Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2006
    I'm looking for some betas. I had a quite a few fanfics on here, before the new forums went up. (But of course, I don't have any links to him). This would be my first story since my return to the boards. The story, titled Qoribu Revisited, is as follows:

Timeframe: DNT/AU
    Genre: Action/Romance/Drama
    Characters: Jaina, Jag, Jacen as POV (Zekk and the Myrkr survivors, as well as Soontir Fel, Shawnkyr, and Taryn and Trista Zel as minor characters)
    Summary: While Jaina and Zekk fight the Chiss who attack the nest of Killiks on Qoribu, Jacen roots out the hidden Gorog nest.
    Notes: This starts off about the same as DNT, with Jaina and the others answering Raynar's Force summons. I'm not actually rewriting any scenes, but working around them to fill out a lot of stuff we didn't get to see in DNT. For example, how the Mrkyr survivors decided to help in the first place. As the story wears on, more things are changed. We'll steal deal with the Chiss/Killik war, Hapan ships, and Lomi Plo as queen of the Dark Nest, but with a different spin. I am taking the Big Three out completely, so that Jacen and Jaina can solve the crisis on their own. In effect, Jacen ends up filling the roles that Luke and Leia took in the original book.

I have a full outline already written and I'm looking for betas that would be willing to help with plot, particularly betas who are familiar with DNT. I would give my betas the outline to look at first, then I would start on the chapters. I am open to constructive criticism, even if it means major changes to my original outline. PM me if you are interested.

23. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    Hi everyone,

I'm in desperate need for a beta for a fic I'm writing, because 1) English isn't my mother tongue, and as hard as I try, I know there will be issues, especially with punctuation and prepositions :_|, 2) I never tried writing something this long, so I need to make sure I get the pace right.

Timeframe: 0BBY - 8ABY
    Genre: Drama.
    Characters: Thrawn, OCs, + a host of minor characters.
    Summary: An artist finds herself bounced around by the vagaries of Galactic history.
    Notes: This story doesn't go AU, but I'm not really obsessed with pre- or post-Disney canon either. I'm experimenting with an omniscient narrator but I decided to avoid any kind of introspection and let the reader guess/imagine the characters' thoughts and motives. Some themes I'm trying to explore: the impact of wars and oppressive regimes on a civilian, the effects of race/species and gender discrimination on a society, the ethics of decision-making by people in power.

I hope someone will be interested, at least to get me on track for the first few chapters [face_nail_biting]

Update 10 Oct 2014: I found a beta!

24. Ink.Knight

Ink.Knight Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 2, 2013
    Hey there, I'm seeking a Beta reader for my AU project. It has no title currently and isn't posted anywhere but it's a Star Wars/Pacific Rim fusion.

Timeframe: Post-NJO ages, but none of the canon.
    Length: Just over 1,000 words right now.
    Genre: Action/Adventure
    Characters: The YJK crew + Jag Fel
    Summary: Strange creatures have broken through a dimensional rift in the Perlemian Ocean and civilization has discovered only one way to fight it, through the use of giant robots called 'Jedi' and their pilots.

Note: I don't really have a single over-arching plot right now so much as a few random scenes that I know I wanna happen. So what I'm looking for in a beta is not only someone who can help me make the story good but who is also willing to let me bounce ideas off them and will help me find that single plotline to connect my ideas into one story.

25. Ink.Knight

Ink.Knight Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 2, 2013
    Ignore this, I accidentally double-posted.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.