main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Even Jedi Cry. Drama AU Author note added 121411

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Valairy Scot, Apr 21, 2009.

1. Valiowk

Valiowk Chosen One star 6

Apr 23, 2000
    Wonderful chapter, Valairy! As obimom commented, everything came together extremely well in this chapter: the end of Obi-Wan's time on Serenno and the beginning of another phase of recovery.

Hm, I didn't understand this comment here... :confused:

I love the wisdom contained in Dooku's words here. Many of us, I'm sure, have been guilty of judging others too quickly, whether or not we subsequently acted on that judgement before realising its falsity, or have the victim of such judgements; it's important not to be too critical of people before we've actually had much experience interacting with them.

Love how Yoda sounds like a naggy elder here. :p

:D :D :D Oh yes, dessert does make up for it. :D

Valairy, this is going into my personal Yoda file! [face_mischief]

Overall, I think you're doing a great job tying up loose ends - don't worry about it so much! :)

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  2. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    ?I guess ? I guess,? a tiny chuckle and shrug of Obi-Wan?s shoulders followed, ?I earned my wings.?

You are certainly earning your wings Obi-Wan and you will conquer the galaxy once you let the Force fill you.

Ilum the place where visions and dreams come true and a new light sabre will be born.

=D=

3. TheJediExile

TheJediExile Jedi Youngling

Jul 14, 2011
    You never cease to amaze Valairy! Great chapter! As always, looking forward to more!

4. Raxacoricofallapatorius

Raxacoricofallapatorius Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 20, 2010
    =D= =D= =D=
    I love it!
    The little angel was a marvelous touch. I wonder, did a droid really make it? Somehow, I think Obi-Wan had a hand in it. Or is that just wishful thinking?

I really enjoyed the conversation between Mace, Yoda and Dooku. Very insightful. [face_praying] Please let Obi construct that lightsaber

I'm looking forward to more :D

5. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    So am I. :D

6. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Love this chapter and the kind banter between Dooku and Obi

and Palps[face_devil] go find someone else to corrupt

7. charie

charie Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 6, 2007
    You comin back to this one?[face_praying] :D

8. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    See my note at the end.

Obimom: I worry because I hope for, if not perfection, my best and upon hindsight, I find I am always disappointed that I could have done better had I reined myself in and been as dispassionate as I needed to be. I get too caught up in my stories to really give my posts the critical eye necessary to bring them ?closer to? unattainable perfection.

Earlybird-obi-wan: Angel wings very suiting for Obi. Indeed, especially if you know my possible backstory.

Serendipityaey: More or less, yes, the angel wing imprinted itself. It found a kindred spirit??

Valiowk: Many of us, I'm sure, have been guilty of judging others too quickly, whether or not we subsequently acted on that judgement before realising its falsity, or have the victim of such judgements; it's important not to be too critical of people before we've actually had much experience interacting with them.

Young Obi-Wan as well, with his ?pathetic life forms? comments (which I insist is not meant as such a disparaging remark as some take it, but a ?humorous? comment that many find anything but humorous).

Gkilkenny: Obi-Wan, the Galactic Conqueror (of Hearts?[face_love] )! Love it. Plot bunny??? Maybe a kick start to the muse-who-has-deserted-me?!?

The JediExile: I *wish* I could bring you more now, or soon, but no promises. No updates until my muse returns AND cooperates.

Cade_Cryocharger: Aw, that lightsaber construction is one of the things that stymies me, for reasons I cannot go into. Its inclusion or exclusion affects so much to come?

Cherie: Yes, I *will* come back to this.

This story is not going to be abandoned!

With that said, the muse has dried up and while I know where I want to go, I can?t figure out HOW to get there (yes, Deb, no matter how many emails we've exchanged, nothing feels right; inspiration is just so "elusive" to quote our fav Jedi). I?m literally up a creek without a paddle, drawing a blank, ____________ your own simile.

Yes, life has taken a sideways turn and I?ve had my attention diverted to real life (not problems, thankfully).

I will still be on the boards, reading and often lurking, but for the time being, not posting any stories, either. I have every intention of finishing THIS story and the one over in Before the Saga but may not post any more.

On the other hand, I might prove myself wrong, too.

But life?s diversions, the lack of reader interest in (my) newer stories, etc. have conspired to dry up any inspiration and desire to write for the time being (and yes, I am well aware the boards are quite slow for most stories at this time). Those of you who are authors, I?ll be here reading and enjoying your stories as always - I am not leaving the boards, not at all; I'm still willing and interested in beta-ing for those who ask, etc.

But I'm not one who can be forced to write when the words won't flow, so I'll be focusing more on catching up on scanning my slides and updating my smugmug web site for now.

This is only a temporary hiatus and nothing to panic over, for you or for me.

9. obimom

obimom Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2010
    Hey Val, thanks for the post about whats going on. I was encouraged by your words to Charie,"I WILL come back to this". I know you will, I will just have to be patient and fortunately I have my own story to think about and talk to you about right now.

But I do look forward to when inspiration once again flows for you...:)

And as much as I am able I'll be here when it does...:)

10. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Please Val continue this story and give me a PM when you do.:)

11. crofootski

crofootski Jedi Knight

May 19, 2011
    I, too, am waiting for more of Even Jedi Cry; such a wonderful story! Please, what is the title of the "one over in Before the Saga?""