main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Bringin' Sexy Back: The Cade Skywalker Fan Club

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Jedi Trace, Mar 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    Ok since I don't have some of you on facebook I'm gonna use this thread. I need book ideas. I am devouring books right now and have a fairly competent library system near me to help enable my current obsession.

I have read:
    Keri Arthur (Riley Jensen)
    Jeaniene Frost (Night huntress series)
    Laurell K Hamilton (Anita Blake series)
    Charlaine Harris (Sookie Stackhouse)
    Carrie Vaughn (Kitty books)
    Patricia Briggs (Alpha Omega and Mercy Thompson)
    Richelle Mead (Dark Swan series)
    Jim Butcher (Dresden)
    Sharon Shinn (12 Houses)

What other books in this fantasy/paranormal romance/vampires and shapeshifters genre should I check out?

I wasn't into Kim Harrison or Mercedes Lackey. I tried Butcher's other series and got through a couple but didn't like it as much. I also tried the first book of LKH's other series too and wasn't all that into it. I'm willing to try another if you feel like the series got better after the first book.

Anyone have any thoughts?

2. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    Hmmm...

Here's a couple of recs:

Karen Chance - I've only read her Dorina Basarab aka Midnight?s Daughter series, but really enjoyed them.

J.N. Duncan - I liked ?Deadworld.? The second book is on my Want To Read list.

3. s65horsey

Jun 24, 2006
    Hah! I found a J N Duncan book at the library the other day and it was definitely good so I need to track down the next one.

I've read some of the Cassandra Palmer stuff from Karen Chance and wasn't all that into it so maybe I need to try her other series.

Edit: Have you read any J R Rain? The Samantha Moon series is seriously discounted for kindle right now on Amazon.

Edit 2: Also is it bad that I just bought a book because the male character's name is Cade?

4. TKeira_Lea

TKeira_Lea Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 10, 2002
    I thought I'd pass along to the Cade Brigade that Cade made my list of great Star Wars kisses for my Valentine's Day blog at Suvudu. Had to go with his naughty but nice one.

5. Black-Dog

Black-Dog Jedi Knight star 4

May 27, 2008
    I likes that pic of the IWoD and the IPoD. It clearly shows where Her Imperial Hotness got her curves from. =P~

6. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    You're not kidding about the Samantha Moon series! Four books for $2.99. Can't beat that with a stick! I just bought them, but have a couple of others to finish before I can start.

Re: Edit 2 - No. Not at all. :D

Nice blog! Good list you've got there. :) I'm partial to the kiss in Legacy #46, but you all know that already. ;) :*

7. Bri_Windstar

Bri_Windstar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 27, 2002
    My beloved Cade thread. Long, loooong time no see. How is everyone? [:D]

8. s65horsey

Jun 24, 2006
    [:D]
    We've missed you!

9. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    BRI!! [:D] It's a little quiet here lately. I miss our Brigade buddies. [face_cowboy]

10. s65horsey

Jun 24, 2006
    Trace - I read Chloe Neill's Chicagoland vampire series (well I still have Drink Deep to read) but it is phenomenal! It is everything I wanted out of the Anita Blake series that disappointed me after book 8.

11. Bri_Windstar

Bri_Windstar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 27, 2002
    Hey gals! Glad to see a few of us are still around a bit. I knew the thread would quiet down a bit with the end of the series, but it's nice to see it still has some life to it. I admit that Legacy was really the one thing holding me to the fandom. I still love SW but I more or less took my leave of the JC after hanging around a few final months without any real interest anywhere. News of Zahn's new Han Solo novel brought me snooping and I thought I'd drop in. I do miss the crazy shenanigans of this crew, though!

12. s65horsey

Jun 24, 2006
    I'm really angry about the news. I can't even contain how upset I am by this news that Legacy is coming back with a different creative team and with completely new characters. What. the. ****.

13. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    I have no issue with the new creative team at all, though I'm still frustrated by how the Legacy of John & Jan came to an end. Star Wars is a multi-author franchise and we have already had authors like Paul Kemp further fleshing out the One Sith, alongside Krayt appearing in the FOTJ conclusion and more.

Think of John and Jan as George Lucas. They have created this great setting for adventures. Now others are getting the chance to expand their universe.

14. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    I'm pretty ambivalent about the new Legacy right now. Seems like it's more "Legacy ERA" than an actual return to "Legacy" as we know it.

Also, am I remembering correctly that there is a "Dawn of the Jedi" novel coming that is not being written by John? I think your analogy may be spot on, Rob!

15. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    Maybe, but that brings up a sore point for me. I want a straight Legacy novel like these other comic series are getting. I want to see the main cast in a book.

Runjedirun likes this.
  16. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    That would be awesome, but it would depend on who was writing the book. Can't say I'm a big fan of some of the frequent flyers for Del Rey.

The solicit is out for the new series: Lit thread here. It appears to be post-WAR which makes me a little more excited about it, hoping that we'll have the chance to find out what happened to/what's going on with some of our faves. *hopeful*

17. Rilwen_Shadowflame

Rilwen_Shadowflame Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 27, 2005
    Cade Brigaders, the X-Wing pilot thread started a trend involving pilot butts as avatars, and it's spread into other characters too - witness Quinlan Vos, or part of him, in my icon. Given you guys IIRC had that Cade picture for an icon, before the move, I challenge you to join the trend; let Cade's butt join the butt parade!:p

Runjedirun and Adalia-Durron like this.
  18. ma_petite

ma_petite Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 26, 2006
    I will switch my main account when I get home!

(mobile sock of s65horsey)

Runjedirun likes this.
  19. jainasky

jainasky Jedi Master star 1

Jun 7, 2010
    Hi wondering if someone can point me in the right direction, I want to read the Legacy series but on searching amazon there seems to be a lot of duplicates. Is there a collection that pulled the issues together or is there a list of what issues I need to get somewhere? Thanks

20. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999

Is there a certain thread for the butt parade? I’ll try to participate this weekend. [face_cowboy]

There is not a single collection (although, that would be awesome!), but the entire series is collected in 11 volumes. Here are the links on Amazon, and you might be able to find them cheaper elsewhere:

Vol. 1 “Broken” http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Star-Wars-Legacy-Vol/dp/1593077165/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1355983206&sr=1-1&keywords=star+wars+legacy

Vol. 2 “Shards” http://www.amazon.com/Shards-Star-Wars-Legacy-Vol/dp/159307879X/ref=sr_1_4?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1355983296&sr=1-4&keywords=star+wars+legacy

Vol. 3 “Claws of the Dragon” http://www.amazon.com/Claws-Dragon-Star-Wars-Legacy/dp/159307946X/ref=sr_1_3?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1355983296&sr=1-3&keywords=star+wars+legacy

Vol. 4 “Alliance” http://www.amazon.com/Alliance-Star-Wars-Legacy-Vol/dp/1595822232/ref=sr_1_7?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1355983296&sr=1-7&keywords=star+wars+legacy

Vol. 5 “The Hidden Temple” http://www.amazon.com/Hidden-Temple-Star-Wars-Legacy/dp/1595822240/ref=sr_1_5?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1355983296&sr=1-5&keywords=star+wars+legacy

Vol. 6 = “Vector Vol. 2” (This was part of a year-long crossover between all the titles. The Legacy portion is the second half of the book.) http://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Chapters-Rob-Williams/dp/1595822275/ref=sr_1_11?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1355983594&sr=1-11&keywords=star+wars+legacy

Vol. 7 “Storms” http://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Legacy-7-Storms/dp/1595823506/ref=sr_1_10?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1355983667&sr=1-10&keywords=star+wars+legacy

Vol. 8 “Tatooine” http://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Legacy-8-Tatooine/dp/1595824146/ref=sr_1_9?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1355983667&sr=1-9&keywords=star+wars+legacy

Vol. 9 “Monster” http://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Legacy-9-Monster/dp/1595824855/ref=sr_1_8?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1355983667&sr=1-8&keywords=star+wars+legacy

Vol. 10 “Extremes” http://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Legacy-10-Extremes/dp/1595826319/ref=sr_1_6?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1355983667&sr=1-6&keywords=star+wars+legacy

Vol. 11 “War” http://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Legacy-11-War/dp/1595828028/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1355983667&sr=1-2&keywords=star+wars+legacy

More detailed news about the upcoming series has been released here in an article with the author and artist:
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=42736

Of specific interest to us Cade fans: :D

Destiny975 and s65horsey like this.
  21. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    The X-wing Fan Club....Join Us :)

Also thanks for putting the blurb up about the new Legacy series. I'm still patiently waiting to finish reading the first one. Got the first four volumes from the local library, would have run out and bought the rest since the library only seems to have the first four issues. But my husband wanted me to have the comics, so he painstakingly found them all and they will be under the tree for me in less than a week! This time around I can buy them as they come out, it will be much easier and gives me more to look forward to in the coming year.

22. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    Lemme find the Assless Chaps (aka Teh Butt) pic. ;)

And wow! Kudos to your husband! That is a FANTASTIC Christmas present. :D

Hey, Sey! Going waaaaaay back to this, I came across this list of The Best Paranormal Fantasy Releases of 2012.

I’m gonna buy that one by Vicki Pettersson for sure.

(I know you said you didn’t get into Kim Harrison, but I started her Rachel Morgan series in January. It was a slow start, but by the 3rd or 4th book she’d hit her stride. I tore through the second half of the series like an addict and, IMHO, would easily equate some of the books as being up there with Dresden. The last book comes out next month. Insert my “NOOOOOO!” here. :_| )

A few others on my Kindle wish list – can’t remember if you’ve read these or not – are the newest releases of:

Karen Chance – Midnight’s Daughter series
    J.R. Rain – Vampire Dawn series
    J.N. Duncan – Deadworld

23. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    Heads-up for anyone who's interested! Jan has been posting sketch cards on her Facebook page recently and my husband snagged this beauty for me:

[​IMG]

I miss Cade! [face_love]

Robimus likes this.
  24. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    Also (because the Edit function is dysfunctioning) there are Darth Talon costumes at Halloween costume places now. o_O Yay for mainstream?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.