main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Will Aayla Secura ever return in The Clone Wars?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by AaylaSecura86, Feb 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AaylaSecura86

AaylaSecura86 Jedi Master

Nov 17, 2010
    It seems that Aayla has been forgotten about. After seeing her get a double episode storyline in season 1 and then reappear towards the end of season 2, I always expected that she'd return. Its been nearly two full seasons now and she's never returned. Do you think that Aayla's time on the show has been and gone or do you think they'll ever return to her?

whostheBossk and DarthTalonx like this.
  2. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    I don't think we've seen Luminara in a prominent role since S2 either. Feels like awhile since Plo Koon has served any purpose plot-wise as well. Although I think on the whole TCW is getting better from season to season, in the first couple seasons they did a really good job of showing a variety of Jedi in action, and they haven't done such a good job of that in S3 and S4. We need more character variety.

whostheBossk likes this.
  3. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    Not in a starring role, I don't think. It would depend on whether the lovely Jennifer Hale [face_love] is free to drop in.

4. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    If they can get Jon Favreau and Liam Neeson to do voice acting for TCW, Jennifer Hale shouldn't be too hard to get a hold of. It's not exactly arduous to get to Lucasfilm from the main voice acting centres in Hollywood and Vancouver.

The question is whether LFA have something in mind for characters like Aayla. I personally think they should focus on either main film characters or original characters, but the background characters shouldn't be neglected.

5. Fistofan55

Fistofan55 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 7, 2009
    I've always thought Luminara was so brilliantly characterized that she would not need more big roles in the show. That doesn't mean I don't want to see her again with a big role but I think there are plenty more Jedi that deserve spotlight more than her.
    Bwahahahahahahaha!!!!
    This. The character variety with the "leading roles" has been very disapointing. This show should have been made of random character stories instead of being about characters we already know enough about. I know Ahsoka and Rex have no fates yet but their relationship to Anakin makes their future somewhat forseeable. We can already say "this won't go well."
    The least they could have done was give a new Jedi character with an entirely new background. That way, we would be jumping for joy when there were Anakin, Obi-wan, and even...Padme, cameos.

I gotta say, the Aayla-fandom is dead, isn't it? It took you Aayla-fans like two years to actually bring this topic to LACWAC!
    Nevertheless, I love Aayla and I support the cause for more of her. At this point, she deserves an appearance more than Kit Fisto. Perhaps they both can eventually have "that" long-awaited story where we can see just what is going on between those two.

DarthTalonx likes this.
  6. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    I'd say the likelihood of seeing a Jedi other than Plo Koon, Anakin, Obi-Wan or Ahsoka in a prominent role is about the same as seeing Grievous getting another victory. :p

:(

7. AaylaSecura86

AaylaSecura86 Jedi Master

Nov 17, 2010
    I'm guessing that most of us Aayla-fans assumed she'd be back after her appearances earlier in the show's history. We've waited 2 years and are now starting to worry that she'll never return!

I personally don't think she'll ever return to the show but I'll always remain hopeful.[face_praying]

DarthTalonx likes this.
  8. Darth_Gamek

Darth_Gamek Jedi Master star 6

Aug 10, 2009
    Jennifer Hale [face_love]

9. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    Secondary Jedi like Adi Gallia, Eeth Koth, Luminara, Aayla, Ki-Adi-Mundi, Barriss, etc. seem like they only got one episode (or story arc) each to really shine. Kit Fisto had the Lair of Grievous in Season 1, then had to wait until the Mon Cala arc of Season 4. Mace Windu has made appearances, but even he hasn't really featured prominently since the Ryloth arc. I expect Aayla to crop up multiple times as a background character, but I don't expect that she will take center stage. There are still other Jedi like Stass Allie, Agen Kolar, Oppo Rancicis, and Coleman Kcaj that haven't make any sort of appearance. I figure they might get one episode each, or share an episode in some combination, if the trend continues.

New Jedi like Gundi and Krell could continue to be created. Other non-council members like the other survivors of the Arena (Roth Del-Masona, Tarados Gon, Bultar Swan, Sora Bulq) could also make an appearance. "Sora" already made an unconfirmed appearance in More EU Jedi like Tsui Choi could be adapted to TCW (with Choi being considered for an appearance in ROTS for a time), since Lucas reads some of the comics and has already adapted Aayla and Quinlan to his vision. Grievous Intrique, as there was a background Weequay Jedi in that episode that was identified as Sora in behind-the-scenes documents.

I forget the character's name, but there is also the elderly Jedi that helped Ahsoka in Lightsaber Lost who hasn't been seen in awhile.

Basically, no, I don't expect to see Aayla front and center again, or at least for awhile. But she can be used as a secondary character or background character.

whostheBossk likes this.
  10. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    What? Commander Shepard is the voice of Aayla Secura in TCW? No wonder I find her voice so incredibly sexy. [face_love]

Damn, I just learned she did Bastila in KotOR too. I really should pay more attention to who's who in voice acting. [face_blush]

11. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    On the one hand, I like the character and would love to see her return.

On the other, the continuity steam roller has left Dark Horse fairly untouched (even Obsession isn't dead yet) so I'm not sure I want to paint a target on Aayla and let it go nuts.

If she does return however, I hope it's with her former Master(s).

12. Fistofan55

Sep 7, 2009
    [face_mischief]

I hope so too. It's never enough to know that some characters interact in motionless graphic novels so having them on screen would be great. I'm curious as to how rock-star Vos and French Aayla interact. [face_thinking]
    TCW team adding Tholme seems to be a stretch for them (since they rarely want to "stretch" at all). I'd be pleased if they added Tholme but then I would also be bitter since they could have done it a long time ago.
    4 years ago, I would have expected TCW team to have already included all the DH comic characters and Genndy characters by now. Turns out, they really haven't done it at all.

13. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    Her name isn't Ahsoka, Anakin or Obi Wan.

14. Fistofan55

Sep 7, 2009
    No one said it was.....

15. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    I was making a joke about how little screentime anyone who isn't one of these three characters gets.

16. Fistofan55

Sep 7, 2009
    Ah. Then that's a good and true joke. :p (slinks away....)

17. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    The problem with trying to showcase too many other characters, be it large or small roles, is that the main characters should instead be the main focal point to the overall story. Without them, the storyline would feel derailed and not as conducive to what had happened or was left unexplained in the movies.

It's ok to have some of these side adventures, but the story between Obi-Wan, Anakin and Chancellor Palpatine should always be at the forefront of the Clone Wars.

18. Fistofan55

Sep 7, 2009
    This argument is so old....
    Yes they should be the focal point but that doesn't mean we have to see them so often. It's about keeping the story consistant.
    A main character can't be so prominent or else the story turns vague. SW is famous for having a **** load of characters, each with their own story. That's practically the reason I (and fans like me) even like it. This is one of the reasons why the target audience for TCW is so skewed.
    There is the problem. We don't NEED anything explained about our characters from the films. Their story was then. What is messed up is that their story is continuing with every ounce of predictability.
    I've said it before, TCW should have focused on a different or new main character or just be a bunch of random stories. Instead we have a redudant plotline.

It's the Clone Wars. It focuses on more than just Anakin and his mental diary. Obi-wan hardly matters until ROTS so its fortunate for Obi-fans that he even had the attention that he has had. Palps is the one I agree with here because he is manipulating the war to his benefit. He created it and he will end it. What is important, is that we see how he is affecting the galaxy through all this.
    Anakin is a plot tool.
    Obi-wan is just another Jedi except he has close ties with the plot tool.
    Palps is the center.
    Bottom line: TCW should focus on the war in its entirety. We should see how it affects all possible characters. This includes Jedi, Pirates, Bounty Hunters, Droid manufacturing, crimelords, cults, politics ( :( ), etc.

The topic of this thread: Aayla Secura is (was) a major fan-fav. This show is afterall a "show" and if can spoonfeed fans, then it should. There is no reason not to. Her expansion is less in comparison to Anakin and most of her background are just flatten 2D images in Comic Books that most SW fans don't even read. Before this series, It was expected she would have at least 5 good episodes. Instead she recieved 2, a guest-star, and some background. Its the movies all over again.
    Lucas says the point of this show was to expand on the war itself. Using Anakin as a guideline was a mistake because the expansion is less than it could potentially be.

Since someone is bound to say something about how "unpredictable" Ahsoka and Rex is, I'd say I beg to differ. They are very predictable. We know that SOMETHING will happen to them due to the events of ROTS and we know that they won't dare kill them off in some random episode or in the next couple of seasons. These characters will be milked until they can be milked no more.
    Now if Rex is somehow killed off in the middle of Season 5 or if Ahsoka becomes a cyborg by the end of Season 5 with a hatred for the death watch (something random), then I will gladly withdraw my case on them.

There are no side adventures in SW. The entire show is filler anyway....

whostheBossk and DarthTalonx like this.
  19. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    No matter how you slice it, we need to get to the point where Anakin and the Jedi Council are so drifted apart and that what happened in ROTS makes a lot of sense. We're really close, but there has to be more to it than what weve already witnessed in the show and the desperate measures emphasized in Episode III. I'm guessing Ahsoka will be the biggest reason, though. We won't get this if they keep making more of these clone or bounty hunter arcs.

20. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    I completely concur DVDS. I think Crisis on Naboo was the first major step in that direction and I hope there are more to come.

21. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    That's sometimes the case, but at least for me the problem is that when Anakin and Co. do appear, there isn't any character development. The Mon Cal trilogy would have been the same whether Anakin and Ahsoka were present or not. The same goes for Kamino, The Citadel, etc. Many episodes would have been as good or better if the usual cast was replaced by minor Jedi who don't normally get roles.

22. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    The Mon Cala trilogy was a waste in so many ways, Anakin, Ahsoka, and Padme are just at the top of the list.

23. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    I would argue that given the fact that they must move at a glacial pace to pack in enough seasons between AOTC and ROTS, having the main characters at the forefront is EXACTLY what is hurting the show. Think of some of the worst episodes in the series and look at why they were so bad: Character choice, plot points and the situation. Replace the character with one less developed than the main characters and the plot becomes that much better.

Example: Replace Padme assassination attempt with Satine or Chuchi. Replace Ahsoka on Mandalore with another Jedi like Aayla or Barriss.

With the main characters, there is glacial character growth and far too often, we see characters appear to actually regress. The luxury of breaking up some of that main action with other characters is that these characters can grow more and not worry as much about matching their counterparts in the later film.

24. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    I think you just have to balance everything. Not too much of something is good. In this case, I know there is an overwhelming popularity of background jedi that need to be explained. Reason is they have a huge part in the war and knowing them on a more personal level, will only enhance their death even more.

I hope every jedi get's an episode or at least part of one showing their skill and maybe, sadly their death.

Now more than ever is the right time to do this! You have Maul, Opress, Tyranus, Grevious, Ventress, Sidious, Red guards, Bounty Hunters, etc..!!! I hope we get to see the jedi versus these villians in action showing them hold their own, but meet their doom

DarthTalonx likes this.
  25. DarthTalonx

DarthTalonx Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2014
    Absolutely! She was awesome and wish we saw more of her. Can we again?

Agreed. It would be good to see other Jedi featuring in episodes as this is the Clone Wars, not just about the film characters.

Aayla Secura should have featured more. We should have more episodes involving other Jedi generals like her, Ima Gun Di, Adi Gallia, etc. They would really shine!

Mod EDIT: Just one Aayla thread is good enough. ;)

whostheBossk likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.