main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Asajj Ventress in the Clone Wars discussion thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by fanboyskywalker, Mar 1, 2010.

1. EECHUUTA

EECHUUTA Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2007
    What makes you think this? :confused:

2. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Her fighting Savage. It might be Maul's way of having his brother prove his meddle. But the whole Talzin thing has me puzzled. Why aid two Nightbrothers who they consider inferior? Are the Nightbrothers a key to all this scheming? So many questions. I think in the end Ventress won't be a part of what's to come. I hope I'm wrong, though.

3. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
  4. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    I think she'll die, too. Despite her previously determined fate I think Savage will definitively kill her. I can see her redeeming herself and then dying in Kenobi's arms (he was the only one to believe she could renounce her Dark Side ways)

I think it's bad but not terrible, predictable? Yes.

5. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

Jun 8, 2002
    What with the last two episodes showing her different sides, there's a certain sadness about her character being conveyed on the show which could only mean one thing, impending doom.:(

6. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    They just spent a whole episode on her (and bounty hunters), do you really think they have time to show her again? Including a death scene? I don't know , but hope so

7. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    There looks to be a clip of Ventress crossing blades with Savage in the DM trailer. I'm certain she'll pop up again in the next two episodes.

8. whostheBossk

Apr 16, 2002
    I guess you're right! Im glad and hope to see her take on someone like Opress for the final episode. She may just make it till next season....

9. quiller

quiller Jedi Master star 2

Jun 1, 2005
    I'm not holding out much hope but I really wish they would find a way for her to survive. I think her character has the most potential for further development outside the TCW.

10. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    I really, really like Ventress, especially this new direction they're taking her character to. I really hope they won't let Savage/Maul kill her off.

If anything, I hope Ventress kills Opress. She really needs to win for once.

11. whostheBossk

Apr 16, 2002
    I agree, have her kill off Opress and have Maul flee into hiding till next season. But I think the opposite will happen.

12. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

Jun 8, 2002
    Terrible idea, killing Opress. What's Maul going to do, take on everyone alone? If anything, they should make Talzin and Ventress allies in their cause, but I guess that's not going to happen. It would be justified to just kill both of the remaining Nightsisters, considering what they've done to the males on their home world, and then recruit the Nightbrothers to do their dirty work. The Death Watch would make good allies too, especially since they are no longer sided with Dooku.

13. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    I'd rather see Ventress killed, her time is over.

I could care less about Obsession.

The again, they'll just bring her back from the dead anyway...

14. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    Oppress has no purpose. Filoni has said that Oppress was introduced to be a stand in for Darth Maul, since at that time they were continuing on with the idea that Maul was dead. But now that Lucas has decided to go ahead and bring Maul back, that really leaves nothing for Savage; the guy he was meant to replace is back. Asajj on the other hand was starting to get interesting IMO. IF anyone dies, I hope it's Savage.

15. Humble_Jedi

Oct 14, 2004
    Totally.

It'd be even better if Maul died though.

Or no, both of them.

And Ventress should have OW's babies.

Bald, bearded babies. [face_laugh]

16. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
  17. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

Jun 8, 2002
    I find it funny that some people think that Ventress is this misunderstood villainess who has redeemable qualities when in fact she is nothing but this crazed and delusional ***** who in the end realized she was being used.

18. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    I sure hope Obi-Wan has plans to arrest Ventress.

19. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Find it funny all you want, I find her to be a great interesting character in her budding anti-hero form. Your use of ***** says a lot about how you view women.

I posted this in the Revenge topic but no one noticed in all the commotion about Maul... What Assaj learned in Bounty is she could be a bounty hunter, and help innocent people at the same time. She came to this epiphany when she saw her own past in the captured girl who was ripped from her family to be the Belugan's slave. Assaj herself had been ripped from love ones, passed around, and been a slave, so she took it upon herself to help the girl out. BUT, she was able to do this AND earn money in the process! She got money from the Belugans and from the girl's clan! This could be her future mission in life. And THAT'S how she's different from people like Bossk or Dengar. The fact that they made it ambiguous was actually cool because it left us to speculate and anticipate.

Fast forward to Revenge... Assaj sees the monster Savage up for Bounty. Well, she can help innocent people out again by capturing this thug and bringing him to justice. Plus, she had a personal stake in this since she was responsible for creating him. So, this will be yet another job we see her on where she can both be a bounty hunter AND help innocents (they explored this with Sugi earlier). Of course she told Kenobi not to insult her by calling her a hero... she's way to interesting for that.

When we see her next in Season 5, she could decide to stick with Kenobi or abandon him, it opens her to a lot of possibilities. She is the reason this finale worked, because she's a wild card, and her choices can effect her own fate and that of others in Season 5.

20. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

Jun 8, 2002
    Well, I guess now we've seen way too many bounty hunters.

21. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    The lack of action by the mods regarding such a degrading insult is disconcerting.
    [image=http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l485/clonewarspics/Ventressmanicure.jpg]
    "Yes, I do give myself a manicure with a knife. A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do."

22. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    Hey guys, did Ventress lose one of her curved lightsabers in "Revenge"? She gets her blade knocked out of her hands, but then gets her other one that she had lent to Obiwan when he got his back. However when they are retreating to the escape pod they don't show Ventress retrieving the lightsaber knocked behind some boxes, but only using the one that Obiwan returned to her.

One of Ventress iconic images is having duel curved red lightsabers...taking one away would be dumb. Then again maybe she did retrieve it, and we the audience just didn't see it.

23. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    I'm guessing they didn't catch it in all the commotion over Maul. I brought it up since it ain't cool, I'm surprised no one else said anything. Hopefully people will notice this.
    Now that is awesome! Didn't catch that shot originally!

24. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    Cool nick.

25. Humble_Jedi

Oct 14, 2004
    Though I'd say the term '*****' is a pretty degrading word for a woman, wouldn't you?