main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Post technical questions and issues here. Yes, the layout is slightly different!

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Grimby , Sep 2, 2012.

1. Darth_SHOT

Darth_SHOT Jedi Grand Master star 3

Sep 11, 2004
    hello! don't know is this been asked before but do we get the points and achievements from the temp boards?
    thanks!

2. Jedimarine

Jedimarine Force Ghost star 5

Feb 13, 2001
    I honestly started to think this was never gonna make it back.

Well done, worker bees!

That said, my favorite forum (SF&F:Films and Television) has been archived?!

Is this a permanent shut down or a shelving until the busier venues are clicking properly?

3. Katya Jade

Katya Jade Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 19, 2002
    Not as far as I know. The temp boards are a separate board. We'll archive the threads but the PMs and points won't transfer here.

4. madman007

madman007 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 22, 2007
    For Mike from IGN

[​IMG]

**cues Rebellion fanfare music** Thank you Mike for all your hard work!!

5. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    In the upper right hand corner, click on your username and then 'Alert Preferances' in the list. If any are checked that you don't want checked, uncheck them and save. Hopefully that will fix it.

6. Stilett0

Stilett0 Jedi Youngling

Sep 3, 2012
    ... but that's the thing. This thread doesn't meet any of the Alert Preferences. I posted in it, but other than that:
    - this thread is not a Watched Thread
    - I wasn't quoted until just now, by you
    - nobody "Liked" anything I wrote
    - nobody "Tagged" me
    - this isn't a Profile Post

so why am I getting alerts about this thread?

7. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    Some stupid xenforo bug won't allow us to create legacy tags for those two.

8. -thor-

-thor- Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    Just curious. I was searching for my old posts and apparently the newest were from 2004. Now, I know I posted a lot more in between 2004 and 2012 but none of the posts post-2004 are coming up in the search. Whisky - Tango - Foxtrott? 8-}

9. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    The index is still being built. I believe that it'll be ready within a day or so.

10. -thor-

-thor- Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    Ah, okay.

11. Mat Skywalker

Mat Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    webpage stops working if I used italized and bold text

12. Mat Skywalker

May 8, 2005
    ^ actually skip that, if I'm writing a post longer than a few lines the script stops working and the webpage stops. Then I have to recover.

13. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    Census and Games only has 4 threads. What happened to the rest? Are they all lost?

14. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Some forums are being merged. Look here in the Community forum. To see all the Census threads click on the Census tag at the top of the forum

Note - Arena, Amph, and Senate can be found here as well.

15. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
  16. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Ah, I thought they'd been moved. My bad.

17. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    Click on Preferences and make sure "Automatically watch threads that you create or when you reply..." isn't checked.

18. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    What browser and OS are you using? Is this happening in the quick reply box at the bottom of the thread, or on the main post screen when you click "More Options"?

19. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    New threads can be created as-needed with the Census tag in the Community forum.

20. Stilett0

Stilett0 Jedi Youngling

Sep 3, 2012
    Duh, that was easy. Thanks!

21. Grimby

Apr 22, 2000
    No worries. I find it kind of annoying that preference isn't on the same page as the others.

22. Mat Skywalker

May 8, 2005
    in the quick reply box at the bottom of the screen. I'm using internet explorer 9 and Windows 7 for the OS. I want to say it might be on my end but aside of this website I haven't had any issues.

23. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    If Compatibility View is on for this forum in IE9, try turning it off. If it's off, try putting it on. I know other people had problems with long posts and that seemed to help. I haven't seen the issue in Firefox.

Note that this applies to IE8 users as well.

Instructions for enabling/disabling it can be found here.

24. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    This has probably been mentioned but the boards in general seem a wee bit slow.

Darth-Ghost likes this.
  25. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Grahame (Philip's server guy) is doing some work to get the search job running. That's probably not helping. At some point that job will have to run but it's been failing when Grimby has tried it.