main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Gregor (Season 5 spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Coric, Sep 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Coric

Coric Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 19, 2011
    [​IMG]

Because I can, let's talk about this commando named Skippy Gregor.
    First for some speculation on my part.​
    [​IMG]

I find it strange that his file actually has the name Gregor on it, rather than a ID number.

The text in the lower left hand corner reads:

STATUS
    I think this says MA (Missing in Action?) but I can't be sure
    BATTLE OF
    SERRISH

So what are your guys' thoughts on this guy? Is he a deserter? Did he suffer a brain injury that caused him to forget who he was? Discuss.

[​IMG]

2. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    See now this is something I could actually look forward to. However, knowing the way this show works, he will get the Echo treatment in his episode. Two lines of dialogue and then just a background character for the rest of time.

Humble_Jedi likes this.
  3. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    Maybe its Slick?

4. Darth_Zandalor

Aug 2, 2009
    Slick was executed and you know it.

Mia Mesharad and CoricBrennett like this.
  5. Coric

Coric Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 19, 2011
    Headshot.

6. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Those barcodes. :rolleyes:

Zeta1127 and Mia Mesharad like this.
  7. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    The maybe its Broadside.:p

8. Coric

Coric Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 19, 2011
    I was kind of hoping clones would have good ol' fashioned dog-tags..

9. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    Given the little Slug Man's dialogue, I get the impression that something happened and he forgot who he was. Otherwise I don't see the point of showing him his own file and telling him that he's a clone and a soldier. Though given the possibility of misleading editing, I could also think that maybe he was on a covert mission, the Republic lost contact, assumed the commandos were killed and aborted the mission and couldn't risk sending in additional troops for retrieval. So maybe he's some mentally troubled, last surviving commando that was abandoned and has been living on his own for a year. Dunno.

XJapanRoX and Inblackestnight like this.
  10. Inblackestnight

Inblackestnight Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 26, 2012
    Considering that the 15 seconds of commandos we see in season three is one of the few things I enjoyed about the entire season I am interested to see what happens with Gregor, and I'm not even a big RC fan. I do hope that he's not simply another deserter though; that would take away from Cut's contribution to the matter IMO.

Edit: Very good points TG

11. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    I'm hoping Gregor is like Cut from Season 2 in that he left the war based on his moral beliefs. It always bothered me that we never revisited Lawquane since he was the most interesting clone ever to come out of TCW in my opinion.

12. Inblackestnight

Inblackestnight Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 26, 2012
    I like Cut, but if Gregor's the exact same case then he won't be as unique, to me anyway. Besides, if he left the war based on morals why would he come back now? He would probably be even more opposed to the war than before if this was the case.

13. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I really hope this guy does not turn out to be Cut which would ruin "The Deserter" in my opinion and I think it would be lame to end up with another Deserter unless they come up with something neat like, this guy went AWOL but thinks he knows better how to fight the war almost like an extreme version of Fives. I do think the idea of a guy who took a good knock on the head and forgot who he was is kinda neat but Its also kinda lame if he just gets knocked in a head again and all the suddenly is like "Oh wait, I'm Barnaby Jones!" Still I'm looking forward to meeting this guy.

I think there is a great chance we'll see Cut again in time.

Inblackestnight likes this.
  14. Convor

Convor Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 25, 2011
    I really don't understand why people are so butthurt about this. To me it makes sense that the republic made a way to identify clones without their armor.

Mr. Atom Bomb likes this.
  15. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    I doubt Gregor will be someone with only "2 lines", he'll probably have a starring role in the droid arc.

How he is found though and what really happened to him is obviously all speculation now. My only guess is that his whole squad was killed somehow.

16. Mia Mesharad

Mia Mesharad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    I wouldn't call it butthurt, but the reasoning amounts to:
    * No source has ever even suggested or hinted at the possibility that the clones have barcodes or any sort of identifying markings, chips, or implants. Automated ID tallies were always present in the armor itself, but never the individual.
    * If all someone has to do is scan them and the barcode reveals their ID information and service record, that's going to make it ridiculous for special ops troops to infiltrate enemy targets, and weird for established after-war deserter characters to evade Imperial notice.

17. Convor

Convor Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 25, 2011
    Just because it hasn't been mentioned in a previous source doesn't mean it can't fit in. Now if there were a line in some EU novel that went like "Identical down to their DNA, clone troopers were only identifiable by the ID tags in their armor AND NOTHING ELSE AT ALL BLAH BLAH" then I guess I could understand the hubbub a little more.

In this infiltration situation you're laying out, wouldn't they be just as easily identified by say...their face that's identical to the 10 million or so other clone troopers in the galaxy? Same thing with the after-war deserters as well? o_O

TreborSabreon likes this.
  18. Coric

Coric Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 19, 2011
    Not everyone knows the face of a clone trooper.

laloga and Mia Mesharad like this.
  19. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    My sentiments exactly.

However, I was kind of hoping he could be Scorch, but that's just wishful thinking. His armour is different too.

20. Darth_Zandalor

Aug 2, 2009
    So he'd basically be Darman all over again. Why are all Commandos either people with severe daddy issues or basket case lunatics?

21. Humble_Jedi

Oct 14, 2004
    He's sporting Cerberus colours.

I don't trust him.

Mr. Atom Bomb likes this.
  22. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    How could they have daddy issues if they're clones??

23. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    Read the Republic Commando series to find out.

24. Darth_Zandalor

Aug 2, 2009
    No see, he'll start out as an ineffective terrorist, then suddenly become a protagonist who forces the Jedi to work with them, before suddenly becoming an army.

Humble_Jedi likes this.
  25. Humble_Jedi

Oct 14, 2004
    Yeah, now that you mention it, he's quite the illusive man clone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.