main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Captain Rex thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by ArrogantJedi, Nov 23, 2009.

1. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    I'm calling it; Rex and Ahsoka will die offscreen in a late-night Coruscant speeder accident. :p Talk about giving the writers an easy way out.

2. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I thought TCW liked to do things the hard way? :p

3. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Doing things the hard way?! TCW likes to do things the hard way like bringing Maul from the dead or making Greedo part of the show. And they pretend these are easy tasks.

But when it comes to easy things or easy ways like inserting a favorite Clone/Clones like Delta Squad or particular CIS leader in TCW they act as it is the hardest thing to do due to CANON which is a lie since TCW crew/ LUCAS do not believe canon exists these days and they do not follow it.

With Ahsoka and Rex - they WILL do it the hardest way possible.

KenobiSkywalker likes this.
  4. Coric

Coric Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 19, 2011
    Rex?

*slowly pets Rex memorbilia*
    Humble_Jedi

5. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    I'm gonna pretend I never saw that. [face_laugh]

6. Coric

Coric Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 19, 2011
    I still haven't gotten a Phase II Rex yet from Hasbro..

[​IMG]
    It's not worth the 9 bucks.. terrible mold.. hopefully a remold will come with a "Umbara Battlepack" (better be one..)

7. Koohii

Koohii Jedi Master star 5

May 30, 2003
    I'm sorry, but when I hear "Captain Rex", I still think of the droid from Star Tours rather than TCW's clone.

8. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    That's okay, Coffee. [face_coffee]

9. Coric

Coric Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 19, 2011
    Seerow where did you get your alarm clock? Online, or in a store? Wal-mart only has Stormie-clocks for me. :( Next stop.. Target! Or Toys-R-Us.. what ever comes first.

Also. Jaig eye Macbook decal.

Likeaboss

10. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Coric, I bought mine at Toys 'R' Us. I <3 him even though I tell him to go to hell every morning when he wakes me up. =b

11. Dark-Fox

Dark-Fox Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 28, 2008
    What is happening psychologically to Rex right now and how has he changed from the captain we were introduced to in the movie? What have been significant moments for him and how do you think they will effect him in future?

I ask because Rex is quite a subtle character and has been consistently solid throughout all seasons to date. I don't feel I know what makes him tick despite his dependability.

Seerow likes this.
  12. LordMortis315

LordMortis315 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    *insert ESB "Apology accepted" joke here*

Sorry, couldn't resist. :p Nothing personal. [face_peace]

13. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Rex evolved quite a bit. He starts off a pretty normal clone with a flair for doing his own thing like Anakin has taught them. He gets his beliefs challenged in "The Deserter" and comes to an understanding with Cut. Then he gets his entire world rocked by Krell where he is pretty much broken from the code of honor he used to talk about. He came to understand Cut even better from that and now he's started losing belief in the war and can no longer see the future he was trying to protect for the kids. What a deep guy he is. Love him.

Dark-Fox and laloga like this.
  14. laloga

laloga Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 28, 2011
    I think his character has gone through some of the most interesting and dynamic changes of anyone's in the series. I'm so, so happy that the writers of TCW have fleshed out the clones to the degree they have, but I think they've captured something truly special with Rex. I'm extremely curious to see his fate; on one hand, I cannot fathom the idea that Filoni and Co. would give him a "nothing" ending like Waxer got, but I'm trying to prepare myself for the worst, just in case. It would hurt a lot to see him go through so much development to just be mindlessly killed off in or before the series finale.

My secret hope is that he...well, I wrote a fic about it, so I won't bore anyone here, but suffice it to say that I want him - more than pretty much any other character on the show - to have a HEA. If anyone deserves it, it's Captain Rex. [face_love]

Dark-Fox likes this.
  15. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Rex should be a Commander

16. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I agree, I'd go so far to say Rex is arguably the most complex original character in the series. Only non OC Ventress gives him more than a run for his money. He's easily my favorite character. The perfect mix of a deep personality with some baggage and a total badass that just looks cool. His simple presence on screen makes a scene better. I'm a little worried about him since Filoni was talking about Ahsoka's fate with no mention of Rex. There is another thread around here somewhere all about that.

Waxer's ending wasn't a nothing in my opinion. Yes it was a shocker and some more development for the guy would have been great but his death was used to underline the pointlessness and horror of war. It was a completely dishonorable and senseless one. Its sad and it fits him when you consider the fortune cookie for "Innocents of Ryloth" was "The true cost of war can never truly be accounted for" and considering the moral of that story.

Dark-Fox and laloga like this.
  17. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    Ahsoka already holds that position.

18. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Maybe when Ahsoka is knighted. <<; -waits for the tomatoes.-

KenobiSkywalker likes this.
  19. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Then why is Cody a Commander when Obi-Wan leads the 212th? i don't think it matters really?

20. laloga

laloga Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 28, 2011
    Hmm...that's a good way to look at it. It was a "nothing" death, but that was the entire point: to show how pointless the Wars really are.

QuangoFett and Seerow like this.
  21. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    That works. Poor Waxer. ;.;

22. Coric

Coric Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 19, 2011
    Because Kenobi is the General, not the Commander..

23. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    Because Obi-Wan doesn't have a padawan in TCW. Anakin doesn't need 2 Commanders.

EDIT: Coric beat me to it. :p

24. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    Particularly when his debut episode involved him comforting a civilian girl who appeared to have lost her family to wartime violence and came to see him as a "brother", Waxer's death as a result of such violence at the hands of his clone brothers was remarkably appropriate.

Seerow likes this.
  25. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    isn't Ahsoka considered a General?