main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends "To Know The Road Ahead" ("Don't Let Me Fall" Sequel) Obi/Qui

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Shira_Adola, Nov 26, 2011.

1. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Me, too! And three.

So, you think you'll get off easy for having a finished update and NOT posting it!?! I'm outraged. I'm furious. :mad:

Okay...I'm grateful you finally got around to it! :D

As for my earlier comment, it was a compliment - Obi-torture is in you know.

2. obimom

obimom Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2010
    Poor Obi-Wan...to be loved so much we torture him....in order to see him receive the comfort he so much deserves - :p

So - so glad he is rescued now...now the hard part comes....

Qui-Gon has some tough time ahead, to undo the brainwashing that has been done. HOpe the drug whatever it is will leave his body soon so he can feel the force without pain again...

Obi-Wan may be finally out of the hands of his torturer, but his torture continues...doesn't it? Oooh- you're devious, you are... ;)

Oh, adn I agree with the others...Liohn should not get off easy at all...and hopefully he doesn't escape to try again...[face_worried]

3. EGKenobi

EGKenobi Jedi Master star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    Wow!! That's quite an update!!

Hope Obi-Wan recovers, but it's going to be a tough and horrible road ahead I fear.

Great writing Shira_Adola :)

Thanks for the PM :)

EG

4. Angelnumber25

Angelnumber25 Jedi Knight star 1

May 31, 2009
    Thanks for the PM!
    So, since you waited to post this chapter, I'll forgive you as long as that means that the next one is on it's way soon... :)
    Great work!

5. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    There is going to be a lot of healing to do, and Qui-Gon has a time bomb in Obi-Wan. Excellent post riveting

Obi-Wan will need all his friends to get over the torture. =D=

6. Shira_Adola

Shira_Adola Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 15, 2011
    Jade_eyes: I am glad you were able to post it before the change over - which [face_laugh] I thought would've happened already - so I'm just gonna follow this grand riveting tale as if the move's gonna happen next year
    Lol well, as it?s happening on the 21st, this is the last post until they get the new boards up.

Valairy_Scot: As for my earlier comment, it was a compliment - Obi-torture is in you know.
    *wipes forhead in relief* Phew! I?m off the hook :D

obimom: Poor Obi-Wan...to be loved so much we torture him....in order to see him receive the comfort he so much deserves - :p Obi-Wan may be finally out of the hands of his torturer, but his torture continues...doesn't it? Oooh- you're devious, you are... ;)

Ah the poor guy. All too satisfy our angst/comfort craving. We do it for love! And of course I couldn?t let it be over that easy ;)

EGKenobi: Wow!! That's quite an update!!

Hope Obi-Wan recovers, but it's going to be a tough and horrible road ahead I fear.

Great writing Shira_Adola :)

^^ Thanks. Ah, Obi always recovers...usually. [face_devil]

AngelNumber25: So, since you waited to post this chapter, I'll forgive you as long as that means that the next one is on it's way soon... :)
    *hands her an update* Here you go @};-

Gkilkenny: There is going to be a lot of healing to do, and Qui-Gon has a time bomb in Obi-Wan.
    Oo, that?s quite a keen observation =D=

7. Shira_Adola

Shira_Adola Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 15, 2011
    So, this is the last update before the Almighty Move. *bows* Enjoy. And pray to the Force that they get the new boards going soon so I can finish this story!
    Oh, and for anyone who was wondering, the Vraeling (especially Shilo with his prominent accent) have a very similar accent to the Na'vi off of 'Avater'

Chapter 15: ?Please come back, it?s been forever? (Trent Hoge, Far Far Away)

Obi-Wan fought against consciousness. Already the pain was assaulting his mind and all he wanted to do was sink back into oblivion. It was the only place he was safe.

Why hadn?t Li?ohn killed him?

Perhaps it had all been a dream? He moved his shoulder experimentally and immediately stopped. No, he thought regretfully with gritted teeth. Not a dream. Had Li?ohn missed? Or had he just been causing him pain after deciding he wasn?t finished with him? Either way, he?d be in an extremely bad mood, which meant more creative torture techniques.

For the love of the gods, why can?t he just kill me already?

He felt small, familiar hands check his face for fever.

? ?Lo, Shilo.? he muttered.

?How you doing??

?Terrible.? he admitted with a raspy voice. ?Worse than that beating he gave me a few weeks ago.?

He felt the boy?s hands ghosting over his body and gave an involuntary shier.

?Ben, where it hurt most??

?My chest is on fire.? he whispered immediately.

?Anywhere else??

?Everywhere. But my head is pounding as well.?

?Can you open your eyes??

Obi-Wan tried. He squinted his eyes open but moaned and quickly shut them as the bright white lights stabbed into his head. A few moments later he felt a cool rag placed over his eyes and he sighed in relief.

?Where are we going?? he asked quietly.

?Hmm?? Shilo asked absently.

?We?re on a ship, in a med-bay. Where is he taking us??

There was a pause. ?Ben, how much you remember?? Shilo asked. tentatively.

?Li?ohn tried to kill me. When I blacked out, I thought I had died. Apparently,? he added bitterly. ?He?s not done with me yet.? ?Ben,? Shilo started carefully. ?He is gone. We have been - ?

The door hissed open. Obi-Wan flinched sharply, but stilled himself.

?If you?re going to kill me, just do it already.? he called wearily. ?I?m tired of being patched up.?

?Now, why would I want to kill you?? a distinctly female voice asked. It sounded suspiciously familiar. Carefully, he reached up to the towel over his eyes, but Shilo stopped him.

?Let it alone, Shilo.? Obi-Wan muttered. I?m fine.? Shilo made a disbelieving noise, but left him alone. Wincing, Obi-Wan pulled off the wet rag. He hissed when he opened his eyes, bringing his uninjured arm up to block the hostile light. Then the lights were dimmed and he blinked rapidly as his eyes adjusted. Directly in front of him was a tall woman who looked extremely familiar. Looking around, he saw a young female Mon Calamari standing next to her.

And then it hit him.

?Stars above.? he murmured, eyes wide with wonder. ?What did he give me this time?? He looked between Tahl and Bant, then leaned back and closed his eyes. ?This is too much.? he said, voice breaking as he fought back tears. ?I?m going to kill him.?

?He thinks we?re hallucinations.?

?What else would you be? You?re certainly not real.? He sighed heavily. ?I wonder what kind of drug this is. It?s incredibly potent.? Then he shook his head. ?Why am I even talking to you?? he asked, throwing his arms in the air. That turned out to be a mistake. Yelping as his chest flared in agony, he doubled over, breathless. Gentle, salmon hands helped him lean back. He stared at those hands uncertainly. They couldn?t possibly feel this real. The smell of salt wafted towards him, and suddenly he was afraid.

?Shilo!? he called desperately, and the Vraeling boy walked to his side immediately. Obi-Wan turned to stare at the boy?s slitted-green eyes, the only thing he knew for certain was real.

?Tell me what to believe.? he begged. ?I can?t judge for myself anymore. Am I hallucinating??

Shilo broke into a wide grin and shook his head. ?This all real.? he said happily. ?They come

8. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    I loved the repetition of the slaps on the forehead. Indeed, some way to treat someone's who has died already a couple of times.

Thanks for rescuing Obi before the move - grand lock out.

9. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Love ?Shilo :* :* :* a lot! ;) The more Obi-Wan experiences that tells him no this isn't a dream and the rug won't be yanked out from under him :( the more trust will return, although getting that krething collar off would help-duh!

10. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    Lucky he has Shilo to trust. He has been confused for so long it will take a while for him to trust anything.

I hope we don't lose any stories in the move.

Great work Shira_Adola.=D=

11. obimom

obimom Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2010
    Very nice update...and I'm so glad the reunion between Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan was not as explosive at it could have been. I suspect that is largely due to Shilo being there to assure Obi-Wan this was not an illusion.

Love how protective Shilo is of Obi-Wan...

Can't wait till the move is complete so we can get more of this story.

:)

12. Shira A'dola

Shira A'dola Jedi Master star 6

Sep 4, 2012
    Oh goodness this awful thing is still here.

13. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    Not awful - and where's an update?

14. Shira A'dola

Sep 4, 2012
    *laughs sheepishly* I uh...lost my writing notebook. It's all in there. I have to look for it. If I can't find it, I'll write it over but Tol take a bit. Sorry.

15. Angelnumber25

May 31, 2009
    Oh please do keep updating this story!

16. Shira A'dola

Sep 4, 2012
    Aw people still like it :p

17. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Yes, Shira, I for one do like this story. A lot. =D= @};- During the long Arctic winter without the boards, it was one of the stories I thought nostalgically of and figured: Oh, well. Those were the good old days [face_laugh]

Hugs!

Shira A'dola likes this.
  18. Shira A'dola

Sep 4, 2012
    Well I haven't found the notebook yet. So I'll start rewriting :p

19. Angelnumber25

May 31, 2009
    Awesome, can't wait!

20. Shira A'dola

Sep 4, 2012
    What the heck?! Why can't I see the whole chapters! I can't write another one unless I know where to pick up!

21. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    Shira A'dola: You have been reading the "quirks." For NOW until it's fixed, the transferred posts top out at certain word limits. They will be re-imported, but you can either edit them back to full OR wait for the reimport.

22. Shira A'dola

Sep 4, 2012
    I'll have to wait. I don't have my notebook, so looks like you guys are stuck :p

23. Shira A'dola

Sep 4, 2012
    Well...I found the notebooks. Does anyone still want me to finish this?

24. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
  25. Shira A'dola

Sep 4, 2012
    *laughs* That was quite emphatic. I'm in college now, so the chapters will be a bit slower than my everyday posts last year, but some of the chapters are already pre-written. Should I start all over since no one can read the other chapters, or start where I left off?