main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Characters Siriwan, Obi-tine, Obi-aria, Sabe-Wan - the many loves? of Obi-Wan

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Valairy Scot, Sep 3, 2012.

?

Do you like Obi-Wan having a (several) love interest?

1. No - none. Obi-Wan is as chaste as a fresh snowfall on Hoth.

4 vote(s)
    11.4%
  2. Interest - yes, but never acted on it.

12 vote(s)
    34.3%
  3. Siri and only Siri.

14 vote(s)
    40.0%
  4. Satine and only Satine.

3 vote(s)
    8.6%
  5. Taria Damsin and only Taria Damsin.

1 vote(s)
    2.9%
  6. Heck, mix and match with impunity.

6 vote(s)
    17.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    The old Siriwan thread is locked and since then Obi-Wan has gained two new "prior loves" if you don't include Cerasi. So, I resurrected the thread and expanded on it as well as added a poll.

Discuss: Obi-Wan as a romantic under the robe, or totally devoted to the Force and only the Force?

2. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    The more I watch Clone Wars, the more I'm finding myself loving Obi-Wan's relationship with Satine. They are written and acted with such a great chemistry that I can't help but love the two of them.

3. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    Satine and Siri are both written as a bit of a spitfire in personality, offsetting Obi-Wan's more measured personality which makes both fun to read (Siri) and watch (Satine). Siri has a longer "history" with Obi-Wan, so in a way I feel growing up with her, going from competitors to friends to almost more is more in keeping with any romantic leanings Obi-Wan MAY have or had, but Satine is a bit more fiery and based a bit less on a romance growing out of friendship.

Taria - I fear she had too little book time for me to really get into her as a person, let alone romantic interest.

4. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Sabewan will always have a place in my heart, though. :)

5. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Before I watched The Clone Wars I was always against Obi-Wan having a love interest. I wasn't that keen on Siri, partly because the Obi-Wan in my head for me was the model Jedi, but TCW has changed that and I like the character of Satine and she brings a whole new dynamic to the show and Obi-Wan's character. I like the fact that despite the fact that we know he loves her he's not going to act on it, which is a stark contrast to Anakin and it illustrates different views of how Jedi take attachments. So for me, Satine, though I feel sorry for her that the man she loves can't be with her because of their obligation to their duty.

6. FARK2005

FARK2005 Jedi Master star 2

Sep 3, 2012
    I prefer Satine: she was the first Obi-Wan-love-interest I encountered, and, like Miana Kenobi, I think the chemistry between them is really great. Also, Satine’s character reminds me a lot of Cate Blanchett’s portrayal of Elizabeth I in “Elizabeth”, which I think is just outstanding.

I’m not a very big fan of Siri and I think the main reason is Jude Watson’s inability to write characters that I find compelling. I do enjoy Siriwan in fanfics done by good authors, though.

Concerning Taria Damsin, I never saw her as “the love of his life” like Satine and Siri, and I do like their relationship in Karen Miller’s novels.

7. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    I prefer Siri. She is well written in fanfics based on Watson's books and exploring her more. 'What the heart hides' and 'truths of the heart' are very good in defining her character

8. jacen200015

jacen200015 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    Siri is my main pick, Cerasi is second.

9. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    I would have to choose Siri.

obsessedwithSW likes this.
  10. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    Sara_Kenobi: Oh vey, that avatar picture <fans self>

11. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Yes, that's me too. If Siriwan is written well in fanfics then I love it because there are some authors on here who are capable of making me open my mind to see the possibilities it creates. Even though I'm not keen on the character I can read fanfics with her in them. I guess maybe when I originally read Jedi Apprentice and Jedi Quest her character didn't jump out at me. But I was quite young when I read those books so any romantic stuff didn't really jump out to me. In fact Satine was the one that originally got me into an Obi-mance so that is probably why I prefer that more.

12. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    I painted her with Obi-Wan and I have written her.

[​IMG]

KELIA, JediMaster_Jen and jacen200015 like this.
  13. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    I always love to see that picture, Earlybird.

14. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Jedi Master Kenobiwan Force Ghost star 6

Oct 8, 2011
    I'll have to choose Siri. The love between Siri and Obi-Wan is what I call for true love.

Iron_lord likes this.
  15. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    I like both Siri and Sabine as a love-interest for Obi-Wan, but I can't see him acting on it. He's not the sort to give in to passion.

Which books were Taria in? Never heard of her.

16. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    Taria is in Karen Miller's Wild Space trilogy. A former lover of Obi-Wan's - they were "together" as long as they needed to be and resumed their friendship when "it was time." Yoda did not disapprove, as Obi-Wan did "not lose himself in that relationship." Anakin was horrified and believed for a while that Obi-Wan was the ultimate hypocrite for not letting him get involved with Padme when he had a love affair of his own in the past.

17. obsessedwithSW

obsessedwithSW Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2005
    =D=I agree with you val sara's avatar pic is hot![face_love]
    Siri is the only women for ObiWan for me. Jude watson doesnt develop her character very well but after years of fan fics- red rose knight, master noi, draconius, vader64, valairy , and all the many others she is the only love that makes sense. Obi Wan isnt the type to have multiple loves IMO. I have always been annoyed that they named ObiWans love interest on TCW, Satine an obvious nod to moulin rouge.
    I cant believe Im asking this but who is Cerasi? Is that the new Mandalorian character on TCW? I saw most episodes but I might have missed a few. At celebration VI they showed a clip of a female rescueing Obi Wan. I think they beat up too much on him btw.

18. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    obsessedwithSW: Cerasi is from the JA series; Melida/Daan. She was one of the Young; she and Obi-Wan were thirteen.

Oh, my, yes, my poor Obi-Wan's a$$ was fair game with a target on it last season of TCW. I'm not sure if you're talking Bo Katane (sp? the female Mandolorian - who as far as I know is NOT a love interest) above; go to the TV thread if you want to read all about the spoilers and the clips. This season it seems TPTB are planning to add emotional beating to the physical.

I'd sure like to see Obi-Wan show just WHY he's a Jedi Master, not a Jedi Punching Bag.

obsessedwithSW likes this.
  19. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    In my started new fic I will show Obi-Wan's love for Siri;)

20. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    I love the idea of Obi-Wan being in love, but I'm not that particular on who the lady in question is. Maybe that is because the books and movies really didn't develop their relationship so it's easier for me to see him with different women. I also really enjoy romance and a sexy, handsome man like Obi-Wan should have his share of it.

serendipityaey and kataja like this.
  21. kataja

kataja Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2007
    I can't see Obi-Wan falling in love many times in his life - but since he obviously never settled with one, it's not OOC for him to harbour feelings for a smaller number of women. I could also well see him 'act' on it a couple if times - just never take the step into a relationship. It's not like the Jedi Order demanded chastity, only responsability and lack of attachments .

Personally, I've never read the Siri stories, so Satine seems a very likely love interest to me. She certainly has the spirit and the nobility for the part!

KELIA likes this.
  22. katiebuttercup

katiebuttercup Jedi Youngling

Sep 24, 2012
    I always thought that Siri was the one for obi wan since she shared so much of his history. I think Obi wan would need someone who understood his life and to be Satine is quite similar to Padme in alot of ways.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.