main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph NBC's "Revolution"

Discussion in 'Community' started by Rosslcopter, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Rosslcopter

Rosslcopter Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    The Pilot is now available online for 'Mericans: http://www.hulu.com/watch/397518

I'm watching it right now. So far they have demonstrated a poor understanding of how airplanes fly. Of course the very premise of the show is that the writers don't understand physics...

2. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    Do they ever on these shows?

3. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    It's based on a book series (Or stolen liberally from a book series) that had a terrible understanding of physics, so not all that surprising.

4. Rosslcopter

Sep 2, 2012
    I predict this will be this season's Terra Nova.

JoinTheSchwarz likes this.
  5. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    But is it good?

6. Rosslcopter

Sep 2, 2012
    Its going to provide hours of "this is so unrealistic, even within the rules of the universe" conversations. So its awesome.

7. PRENNTACULAR

PRENNTACULAR VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2005
    Wait wait wait! Stop. You guys are trying to tell me that a show based on the idea that somehow the Earth will magically lose all its power one day is unrealistic? Come on. Cooooome on. No way.

Rosslcopter and Handmaiden_Yane like this.
  8. Handmaiden Yané

Handmaiden Yané Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2002
    I'm interested in watching this and I don't really have a good grasp of physics, so I'm sure my blissful ignorance will only help me in enjoying this show. :p

9. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    Probably the only new show I'll try watching this season.

10. TheGuardianofArlon

TheGuardianofArlon Jedi Master star 6

Feb 26, 2007
    When I saw the first trailer for it and the girl with a bow and arrow, I thought it was some sort of blantant rip off of the Hunger Games

11. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    the only place with bows and arrows is the fictional world of the hunger games

Darth_Invidious, JackG, jp-30 and 5 others like this.
  12. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    That's not the issue. The issue is that somehow power is also related to gunpowder.

13. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
    this looks godawful but i love giancarlo esposito so much between homicide life on the street and breaking bad that i might actually give it a shot if the early reviews arent "gouge your eyes out and face to bloodshed"

14. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
  15. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    But then how can we have the whole "back to medieval times" concept unless they ignore science?

We want to see people shooting bows and arrows! And throwing spears at deers!

:p

16. PRENNTACULAR

Dec 21, 2005
    ...but they use guns in the show. Why is that an issue? Electricity loss shouldn't affect gun powder.

17. ShaneP

Mar 26, 2001
    dang. *hopes dashed*

edit:

But I think it should affect it. I want it all primitive. Spears carved from tree branches.

18. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
    do modern guns even have "gunpowder" anyways? i thought they used something newer

19. ShaneP

Mar 26, 2001
    Muzzleloaders are still in use by some hunters.

20. zigazigahh

zigazigahh Jedi Master star 1

Sep 2, 2012
    This is my approach as well. I'm good with suspending disbelief a little - for example, I watch a movie where the premise is that a long, long time ago there was a civilization that was way more advanced that we are existed. Also, lightsabers.

21. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Oh, they must've changed that. I read a book with this exact premise - I mean this exact goddamn premise, and the author had gunpowder stop working. **** was pretty derp.

22. PRENNTACULAR

Dec 21, 2005
    So I watched the first half hour. I was pretty excited, but didn't like it very much. If Gus from BB wasn't in it, I wouldn't watch it any more. But I'm gonna!

23. Dingo

Dingo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2001
    It didn't blow me away like Lost's, Flashforward's or Jericho's pilots did (and they are the three shows that immediately came to mind watching this) but there's a promise of a couple of interesting characters and a 15 year backstory to fill in. And you know they are going to given who they list two of the main actors as and their characters status by the end of the pilot.

24. Rosslcopter

Sep 2, 2012
    I watched the second episode last night. The black woman typing on a computer sub plot reminds me of the sixers subplot in Terra Nova. "Oh crap, we didn't add any mystery to this episode, quick cut to another character and show 1/4 of a scene where people speak names of people we don't know to try to pretend there's mystery"

25. Rosslcopter

Sep 2, 2012
    It is clear to me no one here cares about this show which is why it confuses me that its apparently been picked up for a full season.

Are we not a perfect representation of the whole of the american demographic?