main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena Pro Wrestling Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by wild_karrde, Jul 10, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    UFC was supposed to be this weekend. All anybody could hear was crickets.

2. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Miz is commentating alongside Cole on RAW, which means I'm probably muting most of RAW tonight.

3. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
  4. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Miz is annoying. I couldn't stand him on The Real World and I can't stand him in the WWE.

Edit: I wonder if Del Rio's going to get a pop tonight now that he's facing Cena in Chicago?

5. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Is Heyman still bitter towards Cena for making him eat soap?

6. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Kane & Bryan should be a Tag Team, their segments are great.

Vicky doing a Clint Eastwood and talking to the empty chair was funny also. Not a bad use of the 3 hours this week, plenty of matches.

7. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    They probably are leading up to a Kane/Bryan tag team. It could be... Interesting.

8. MandaloreYak

MandaloreYak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 29, 2004
    I read a live blog. It sounded like a really good show. I hope this leads at some point to Swagger being resurgent. He's a beast, it angers me seeing him get wasted week in and week out.

9. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    The guy has no charisma and struggles to get over, he really needs a manager to help him.

10. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Any news on the new WWE Title belt yet?

11. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    I think because Punk let it out of the bag early that there was a new belt, WWE decided they were going to punish everybody and debut it after Cena wins at NoC.

And it must be a slow newsday when the fact that Hunter cut off his hair makes news on all the wrestling sites.:rolleyes:

12. MandaloreYak

MandaloreYak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 29, 2004
    I always thought he was pretty funny but I'm apparently in the minority. He's a beast in the ring and, tbh, watching him lose is just awkward because he's not just big, he's also obviously more skilled than the vast majority of his opponents.

You think Cena will win at NoC? I've really been thinking, and I know it's a long time, but I've been thinking that Punk would hold the title till RR, or maybe lose and get it back... And then lose to Rock, who will go on to lose to Cena at WM (where I hope heel Punk takes down Undertaker in heelish fashion).

13. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    If Punk was the one to put an end ot 'Taker's streak, that could be the one thing that makes him a heel forever (I've said it before: At this point anybody who beats 'Taker at 'Mania at this point is going to be viewed as the worlds biggest heel until the End of Time).

Personally I'd be perfectly fine if 'Taker never wrestled again and sailed off into the sunset with the streak intact. As good and HIAC at WM was, he looked really really old and broken down. I don't think even defending the streak should be reason enough for 'Taker to possibly deteriote his body even further.

Personally if I can't get Punk/Austin at WM, then I'd be good with a Punk/Rock. At least that combo would be fresh to somewhat fresh (the 'somewhat' is caveat to if Punk keeps the Title until RR and faces Rock).:)

Then again, if Punk doesn't have the title at RR and they go with yet another insipid round of Cena/Rock - well, Punk's never won the RR before.:)

14. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    I hope Punk holds the Title until Royal Rumble, and I certainly can't see Cena being the one to debut a new belt given that the current one is his design.

Seems more likely WWE want Cena to beat Rock at Wrestlemania, so having Cena lose to him again at the Rumble would be awkward.

15. Frank T.

Frank T. Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    I agree with both of you.
    I'm with you on these points.
    Unfortunately, this makes sense to me too.

Maybe Cena will break a toe and not get the belt at NOC and we can have Punk remain champ 'til right before the Rumble. But who knows what'll happen between now and then.

16. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    I mean, it'll be different without 'Taker wrestling at WM (I would presume WWE will still have 'Taker appear at 'mania even if he doesn't wrestle), but to my previous point, he really can't go anymore and I'd rather see him retire with the streak outright then to see a broken oldish man risking further harm to himself.

As for a Punk/Rock WM, I'm still holding on to faint hope deep down for a Punk/Austin WM confrontation, but if I can't get that, Punk/Rock's a decent substitute. Plus the promos Punk has and could cut on Rock could be to quote a certain Doctor "Fantastic."

17. Frank T.

Sep 2, 2012
    I don't like the idea of Punk v Austin in the ring. I loooove the idea of a Punk v Austin verbal rivalry from now to the end of time.

And I'm gonna miss Taker too. There's just nobody worthy of breaking the Streak. Maybe if Edge was still wrestling, possibly Kane but that wouldn't be a good enough match. They've put the DVD out so no point in messin' with that.

18. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Truth be told, I go back and forth on a Punk/Austin in - ring confrontation. Obviously, Steve's neck is going to be a huge factor in whether or not he's even allowed to get back in the ring for even one more match and add to the fact Steve's recently had knee replacement surgery (which was why he wasn't at RAW 1,000) and is currently rehabbing from the surgery. On the other hand, I'm an Austin fan and Punk at present reminds me a lot of Attitude era Austin (minus, of course the boozing up Steve does). So naturally Punk/Austin would be a dream match of mine. Plus I do thing Punk is good enough that he can work around Austin's present day in - ring limitations (regardless of some of what Punk's said in the past, I do think he truly does respect Austin and vice versa) and be mindful of not injuring him and they could still pull out a good match IMO. But if that never comes to pass, I can get behind a Punk/Rock and be fine with it. Better than Cena/Rock part II.

I'll miss 'Taker too, but really it's time. And HIAC was a perfect way to go out and put a ribbon on things once and for all.

19. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Austin said previously he thought he had at least a year or so in him, in terms of competing again. But, he's the same age as Undertaker with even worse injuries so I don't think him doing more than a one-off match is viable.

I thought Undertaker looked OK at Mania, obviously the baldness makes him look a lot older but he had a decent match. With a year off at a time I don't see why he can't do a decent match with someone who doesn't over-exert him. He'll most likely retire by Mania30 anyway given his age, as will Kane by then.

20. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Okay, I was watching The Voice and local news and just tuned into RAW (I know, bad fan), does anybody know what the deal is with Lawler passing out at the annoucers table?

21. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    Saw a post about this on Facebook... he's been taken to a hospital.

22. Frank T.

Sep 2, 2012
    First: King passed out, was given CPR, taken to hospital, was stable.
    Second: you missed a great show . . . for the VOICE!?! What is wrong with you? I hope you dvred it.

23. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    I really really hope Lawler's okay. Last update by Cole at the end of RAW seemed encourage.

Also: I've waited for The Voice to come back all summer. It's far far better than American Idol, even if it went off track a little this spring. Hopefully S3 is better!

And I caught the end of RAW. Great segement by Cena/Punk/Hart under difficult circumstances.

24. Frank T.

Sep 2, 2012
    The opening with Hart and Punk was great. Funny stuff by Kane and Danielson thoughout. A very good show.

25. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Latest on Lawler via WrestlingObserver.com:

We have a few updated notes on Jerry Lawler. It is now confirmed that Lawler suffered a heart attack. As of the last word, he is in stable condition, still breathing on his own and his heart is beating on its own, but he is not out of danger, so please keep any prayers going for him.

:(

26. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Damn shame about Jerry.

I do think though perhaps it had something to do with his recent in-ring fights. Really a man of his age should not be over-exerting himself like that anymore.

27. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Latest Lawler update via WrestlingObserver.com:

Jerry Lawler underwent an angioplasty during the night where a balloon was used to clear blocked and clogged heart arteries and had a stent put in place to keep the arteries open according to a post by Stacy Carter, his former wife.
    WWE's latest update on Lawler's condition is in a previous item on the front page.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.