main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub The Imperial Remnant Fan Club: Order & Justice For The Common Good

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Robimus, Sep 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    We are the Empire. We bring order and justice for the common good.
    - Gilad Pellaeon​
    [​IMG]

Welcome citizens of the EUC and allow me to introduce you to the Imperial Remnant Fan Club.​

[​IMG]

For purposes of the EUC, and for clarity, we will be known by this name familiar name assigned to us by the New Republic under protest, but as all true Imperials know we are, and will forever be, the Galactic Empire.​

[​IMG]

If you are a fan of the Imperial Remnant from between roughly 19 ABY to 40 + ABY this is the place for you. Sit down and stir some jhen honey into some smooth Corellian brandy and stay a while.​
    [​IMG]
    Until we can get a Council of Moffs in place I will humbly act as overseer of the club.​

Vialco and thesevegetables like this.
  2. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I humbly accept such an arrangement, and would suggest that you act as representative of this honourable thread in the Palace, formerly the Senate.

I love the Remnant, I must say. Unsure if the Remnant is over yet, and the Second Empire has begun, but we can quibble when it ends in hindsight. I'd like to say that the Imperial General Election of 44 ABY would be the current logical end of the Remnant, as Vitor Reige is the first leader of the regime that has been elected since Emperor Palpatine.

3. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    This thread lacks the number of posts required to have official representation Lord Sinre. I believe the number stands at 250 posts before a thread may petition for Senate membership. I do however look forward to the day when the Empire joins us there. :)

[​IMG]

4. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Yes, but an ambassador could never hurt.

5. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Most certainly. Someone who can bring the concerns of this club to the attention of the Senate would be most welcome. :)

[​IMG]

6. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    It would appear interest is already building

7. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    No, the Remnant is certainly not over as yet, thus I mentiond "40 ABY +" . Its kinda up in the air but my suggestion would be that the Remnant ends once we see Jag Fel on the throne, because at that point the Felpire would begin.

I will be happy to serve as custodian with your blessing until the time comes that the group can represent itself fully.

As many know within the Oya Fan Club we(MsLanna, Ducky and myself) voted to remain outside of the Senate and its activities for a long period of time. I just want to be clear that this club would have no such restrictions and is of course completely free to follow the will of its membership in regards to its role in the EUC.

What I would suggest for a leadership structure within the Imperial Remnant Fan Club is a council of 3 appointed by the members the Club. That Moff Council could then assign other ranks as needed such as Senator, once the criteria is met of course.

8. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    Now, with business out of the way, lets get to some more interesting stuff.

As most of you know I'm Rob and I've been around these parts for five years or so. My first real love of the Star Wars Universe from beyond the films was the Thrawn Trilogy, which of course introduced us to the father of the Imperial Remnant Gilad Pellaeon. I became a quick fan of Pellaeon's professional style, his heart, determination and loyalty.

Upon completing The Last Command I immediatly started writing some of my earliest fan fiction, named Remnants of the Empire, which of course included Pellaeon in a prominate role. Using sources like the Thrawn Trilogy Source Books I fleshed out my little version of the Empire, made my own maps, named my own warships and introduced my own new characters. Its some fond memories.

Several books and several years later of course Pellaeon found himself in command of what remained of the Empire, eventually consolidating the 8 remaining Imperial Sectors and signing a peace treaty with the New Republic. Specter of the Past gave fans like myself a lot to ponder, it showed us all kinds of good stuff, from new characters to new worlds. I thought it was all brilliant.

But it wasn't until we got to the New Jedi Order that I started to find additional Imperial characters to take an interest in beyond Pellaeon. We got introduced to the smooth, honorable and charismatic Ephin Saretti. We met Captain Arien Yage, a staunch Pellaeon supporter. We also met characters with smaller roles like the force sensetive Miat Temm and the future leader of the Empire itself, Vitor Reige.

So that a little about my history and likes as it relates to this club, what are your favorite parts of the post Palpatine, but pre Legacy Empire?

9. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    My love of the Empire was attached to the rise of Pellaeon. The longer the Galactic Civil War raged, the more apparent the dichotomy between 'good' and 'bad' Imperials became. The X-wing comics had Baron Soontir Fel, and the X-wing novels, Teren Rogriss. It was in the idea of a noble but totalitarian regime that I became fascinated. I also became deeply intrigued with the disentangling of the New Order from the Sith and their Dark Jedi lackeys.

While Daala and the Imperial Core continued to work with Sith and Dark Jedi - be it the Reborn, the Disciples of Ragnos or the Shadow Academy - Pellaeon and his regime turned away from the nutjobs and finally, in 19 ABY, he demanded peace and was finally in a position to talk sense to the few bad Imperials - the Warlords, as Pellaeon called them - within the Imperial Remnant. For me, the death of Carnor Jax - a Sith - represents the death of the Empire forged by the Sith, while the passing of power from Daala to Pellaeon represented the birth of the Remnant. That the selfsame Remnant would find itself fighting Lumiya shortly after the Battle of Ithor only underscored just how different the Remnant was to the Empire that the Sith forged.

I love the Remnant, and I have been pleased to see the Warlords like Flennic, Lecersen and Daala stymied time and time again by honourable Imperials such as Pellaeon, Reige and other noble Imperials.

Robimus likes this.
  10. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    It did bug me, actually, that Taspir was located inside old Alignment space. I like to keep Dark Jedi out of the Remnant. The Emperor's Physician making use of Imperial assets to subjugate Dathomir during the Orinda Campaign, is also inconsistent with that logic, but I consider him a Warlord.

I like to believe that the Alignment's involvement in the dark side ended during the Dark Empire, as I have little doubt that the Inquisitors within the Alignment returned to Prakith or Byss.

11. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    What force users were in and around Pellaeon other than Temm? Maarek Stele maybe?

12. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    Whats your favorite moment for the Imperial Remnant?

Mine is probably the events surrounding Pellaeon's famous "The Empire will always strike back" back line as they put the boots to Vorrik's fleet in Force Heretic: Remnant.

13. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Miat Temm and Mareek Steele were proto-Imperial Knights, for me. People who did their jobs and just happened to be Force sensitive's. It was not who they were, just a facet to them. There were no other notable Force users beyond the Empire Reborn based from Taspir III and the attempt by the Emperor's Physician to recruit Nightsisters during the Orinda Campaign.

My favourite moment for the Remnant has to be the Battle of Garqi. It was the first time the Remnant appeared as our good guys, saving Kre'frey from the Yuuzhan Vong. That it continued at Ithor was excellent, even if the planet was ruined. The Battle of Borosk is still a joy to read even now. The Battle of Exodo II sucks a little, though.

14. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    I've always viewed Temm as basically the first Imperial Knight - even wrote a little fanfic about it:p I say that just becasue she was a Pellaeon aid and all - too bad we never saw more of her.

15. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    She us a massive loose end. Steele appearing in Outcast raised more questions than answers.

16. imiller

imiller Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2004
    Hum. I'm a fan of the reconstructed Empire, and agree with the general taxonomy of the Pellaeon and those of his mindset vs. the Sith/Warlord/opportunists. Still not quite sure what to do with the election in Apocalypse, but I do hope that HoS Reige turns out to be another good guy like Pellaeon, Saretti, Fel, etc.

Man, I wish there was more about Saretti - his couple of scenes in Ruin were fantastic, but no one picked up on him, and he apparently just retired and was awesome.

The idea of proto-IK is a fascinating one - I was hoping that Tahiri would stay on as Imperial Hand (that would be a nice continuity and redemption of Mara's position), but apparently not.

17. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    I think we have nothing to worry about with Reige.

He was used again in Force Heretic: Remnant as well, but yeah he's the great unknown. I presume him to have had a stint as Imperial Head of State(maybe while Pellaeon was the Supreme GA Commander). He also has a Legacy Comic Era Star Destroyer named after him which lends to my fanon that he was at one point more important than just running the Braxant Sector. Of course the Moff of the Capital Sector is an important title on its own, but we never saw Disra getting a Star Destroyer named after him :p

Yeah, I was surprised when she didn't styay on in that role. Of course Reige might not want an Imperial Hand that had murdered his father guarding him(if I can be so bold as to proclaim Pellaeon to be Reige's daddy :p)

18. imiller

Apr 26, 2004
    Well...I really don't buy Traviss's portrait of Pellaeon as a skirt-chaser...so I'm not totally on board with the Reige=Little Pelly thing.

That's some good reasoning. It would be nice if he had come out and interacted with Jag at some point during FotJ - instead, we get the bizzare Getelles and his droch stuff, and even more bizarre Moff politicking.

19. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Since this is a fan club, I'm not going to say anything, but I hope that every time you guys post, you imagine my disapproval washing over you.

20. imiller

Apr 26, 2004
    Mighty big of you, Admiral. ;)

Bring on the ethics! Bring on the honor! Bring on the totalitarian benevolence! Bring on everything that makes Daala foam at the mouth (to be fair, pretty much everything does that except "Kill all Jedi" and "kick babies")!

21. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    We hear in Apocalypse a bunch of times about how much he looks like Pellaeon. At minimum Pellaeon considered him an adopted son.

Traviss's text towards Pellaeon don't seem to make him a womanizer to me. It's pretty clear he and Devis had serious relationship, no matter what those serving under him rumor about the situation. We also don't know how long Devis lived.

I just fail to see how the idea of Pellaeon having an active love life made him a "skirt chaser". At this point he's likely slept with less women that Luke Skywalker has:p

We have a cell office for you at the Imperial Library on Borosk if you ever change your colors ;)

22. imiller

Apr 26, 2004
    It was more the side comments about him, where it's like "He'd always had an eye for feminine beauty, and even now, when he's like a gazillion, he totally thinks Daala is hot." I take Zahn's Pellaeon POV as more normative (heck, even KJA's was pretty good), and nowhere do we get this kind of "Pelly likes the laaaaadieeess" that almost drips from every time Pellaeon appears in Traviss's stuff.

And I really like Traviss's RC novels, so I don't want to be Traviss-bashing - I just don't like it when she plasters ready-made psych-profile stereotypes (the gentlemanly but romantic senior officer) over characters who already have quite defined perspectives and patterns.

23. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    To be fair the quote was: "And I still can't get over how lovely you are. You've worn very well". His POV mentions how she is still an attractive woman, which Daala has certainly always been portrayed as.

In my own internal POV's I note this about women all the time, so it really doesn't seem like a way out there POV to me. To me the Zahn, Stackpole, KJA, Willaims & Dix, Allston(so on, so forth) takes are fine. I bascially enjoy every authors take on Pellaeon. Each one is a little different.

Not to belabor the discussion but I do love it when people actually quote Karen's text as opposed to putting their own spin on it. One could certainly come to the same conclusion you have without quote invention.;)

But then do people ever grow? Do they ever change? Do we know everything about a character that we have basically only known on the bridge of a Star Destroyer? Often this is a Luke Skywalker discussion I've been a part of but it could apply equally to many different characters.

24. imiller

Apr 26, 2004
    I thought the quote invention was slightly humorous - probably should have put a smiley after it. Apologies.

The quotes I was paraphrasing and exaggerating (from memory), were, on searching Revelation:

"...Pellaeon was joking about his eye for an attractive female, undimmed even now."

The other instances aren't as obvious, but there's an almost lascivious edge that is entirely absent from any other portrayal of Pellaeon, even the rather jarring tyrant view we have in Destiny's Way. And it's not that it's a necessarily bad thing to notice the attractiveness of people around you - it simply doesn't match with any other portrayal of Pellaeon anyone else wrote - but it does match the way Traviss tended to write most characters she didn't invent.

25. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    Fair enough. Its certainly an addition to his character, I just found it a welcome one.

This is one of the types of situations that make these fan clubs difficult at times. Most of the time, personally, I like to try and focus on in universe type discussion that eliminates authors from the equation, but at times I fail.:p Someones favorite author is often someone elses least favorite.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.