main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub The Jag Fel Fan Club

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Melyanna, Oct 14, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Stackpole and Allston did always write Jag well. I'm not overly adverse to the way Denning writes him, either. Denning just hasn't had that much to do with him. Allston is always going to write him better because he is basically the fighter pilot who rose from it.

2. imiller

imiller Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2004
    Well...I'm a bit biased, but I think Allston writes almost everyone better. Except maybe Saba. Saba is pretty much all Denning.

Wonder if anyone else is still checking the Jag Fan Club... :-(

3. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    They'll make their way over here slowly but surely. We've had a few new and old faces already.

4. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    New Users FINALLY Being allowed to join will help alot. ;)

5. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    Jagged Fel is interesting, of course I avoid the Denningverse, so that doesn't factor into how I view him.

6. bknielson

bknielson Jedi Youngling

Sep 5, 2012
    Happy to have found the Jag Fel fan club. I definitely prefer Allston's take on Jag. And, I keep wondering at all the lost opportunities by not featuring him in more books.

7. imiller

Apr 26, 2004
    Favorite scenes, anyone? I have to say, I have a huge soft spot for the "I'm not going anywhere...because I don't want to" scene and the follow up where he sneaks around Wedge and Tycho.

8. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    I much prefer Jag over Zekk, hopefully in SOTJ he gets to become a dad!

9. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    I like the scene with the baby barabels.
    http://ag88.deviantart.com/gallery/37542000?offset=48#/d4vko6j

10. Sith Lady-in-Waiting

Sith Lady-in-Waiting Jedi Youngling

Jun 18, 2013
    Yayyy to have found this thread. I thought I was the only one with weak knees for him.

One of my favorite scenes is from dark journey (I think?) where he was about to sneak off with Jaina. She's wearing the red dress and there's so much UST

11. HighLadyFel

HighLadyFel Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 28, 2011
    I'm going to have to agree with this as one of Jag's best moments. Even the battle before was captivating.

12. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Allston's style of writing (lots of humour and snark) does suit Jag I think.

13. Katana_Sundancer

Katana_Sundancer Jedi Master star 4

Aug 13, 2009
    I love Jag Fel too! I'm so glad he finally married Jaina. They were a great couple right from the start, and all the messing around with their love lives was very very painful.

Runjedirun likes this.
  14. Jainasolo101

Jainasolo101 Jedi Master star 2

Dec 23, 2007
    It's not my favorite Jag scene but I do like in the Crucible. I would highlight it like I use to, but I've been away so long I have to learn how to hide spoliers!

15. Jainasolo101

Dec 23, 2007
    Its been 2 years since anyone posted in here! I miss this fan club's discussions!

16. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    I think everybody is depressed that our favorite EU characters are most likely no longer canon (unless they show up in EP7 or future books). I know they are going to continue to sell the EU novels under the Legends banner, but I really doubt we will ever see more written about Jag and Jaina outside fan fiction. :(

17. imiller

Apr 26, 2004
    Yup, pretty much that. I think there's a slight, slight chance that we'll get some Legends content in some years, but not while the ST is going on.

18. Jainasolo101

Dec 23, 2007
    I think if we let Del Rey and Disney (in a positive way) know that we are interested and will buy legends stories, then there could be a chance of more stories. If that fails, I would love to know what the authors had in store for our favorite characters.

19. imiller

Apr 26, 2004
    I think another of the problems is that the author who did the most to make Jag a favorite character is sadly unable to produce more stories. :( I don't trust Denning or Golden to really get Jag, much as I would have probably enjoyed Sword of the Jedi.

20. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Maybe Stackpole could have carried on? He introduced Jag in the Dark Tide books as I recall.

Or Zahn - his Chak Fel was a pretty likeable guy, for me.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  21. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Favorite memory has to be when he met Jaina by stiffing Borsk Fey'lya.

Iron_lord likes this.
  22. imiller

Apr 26, 2004
    Stackpole and Zahn could have done it - I did like Fel a lot in Dark Tide II, but it was a very brief moment. I first really became a fan of the character in Enemy Lines, and his appearances in Allston's Legacy books were what really cemented it for me.

Iron_lord likes this.
  23. Darth Aphrodite

Darth Aphrodite Jedi Master star 3

Jun 17, 2015
    I wanted more time with the Fel family, most of Jag's siblings just seemed to die like red shirts in Star Trek

24. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Still wish we had gotten to see Jaina and Jagged as parents.

Jag4Me and Force Smuggler like this.
  25. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    Yes, I would have loved that.

Force Smuggler likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.