main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub The Clone Wars Fan Club is gearing up for Season 5!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Sinrebirth , Jan 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Gamek

Darth_Gamek Jedi Master star 6

Aug 10, 2009
    Simon Fagg aside, that was pretty awesome. :D

PS SW92 I completely agree with your signature!

2. StarWarrior92

StarWarrior92 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 7, 2011
    Sweet. ;)

Darth Maul is back this Friday! [face_peace]

3. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    An OK episode. Maul was freaky, and maybe a little overdone.. And I wish the worm hadn't died.

4. StarWarrior92

Jul 7, 2011
    LOVED IT! Looks like Maul gets a horn cut in next week's episode.

5. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Qui-Gon_Reborn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 11, 2008
    How do you guys feel about Season 5?

http://www.ign.com/videos/2012/08/28/star-wars-clone-wars-season-5-trailer-2

I'm just having a hard time wrapping my head around the idea that Season 5 even exists. I mean, it seems like six months ago that everyone was adjusting to the idea of an animated Star Wars film being released in theaters and the existence of a drooling Hutt baby was carving yet another rift in an already demarcated fandom. :p

6. LordMortis315

LordMortis315 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    PALPATINE. DUELING. MAUL. AND. SAVAGE. WITH. TWO. LIGHTSABERS. OH. MY. FREAKING. GOD. *dies*

That is all.

7. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Dec 11, 2008
    That seems to be the consensus. :p I see there's probably going to be some kind of droid-centered episode again, though. Ugh. Other than that, I'm cautiously optimistic. Half of Season 4 was epic, and the other half was horrible. Let's see if Filoni and company can aim for three-fourths this time. :p

8. LordMortis315

Sep 2, 2012
    From the trailer, it looks like the droids are actually sent to help in a battle, a la R2-D2 fixing the shields in TPM. I could be wrong, of course, and that arc could be a massive train wreck. :p

9. StarWarrior92

Jul 7, 2011
    A republic commando, Obi and Maul in mando armor, Palps dueling with two sabers, and Anakin doing some more dark stuff........this could be the best Season yet. =P~

LordMortis315 likes this.
  10. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I shall be watching Sidious with glee.

11. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Dec 11, 2008
    And taking notes, I'm sure.

12. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Hell yes.

Qui-Gon_Reborn likes this.
  13. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    You mean there's FANS of TCW?! :eek:

Over in the TV boards the anti-fans are so vocal that I think the actual fans are scared away.

Zeta1127 and XCell like this.
  14. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Well I'm currently still there... dunno how long that will last! :p

15. StarWarrior92

Jul 7, 2011
    After an episode of TCW comes out, I come here to discuss my thoughts and I avoid the TV thread entirely.

16. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    Well, by all that's - by Obi-Wan's beard - I may have to hang out here more often. I get so tired of the non-stop negativity.

Just a few more weeks til the season debut.

17. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012
    I will have to try and avoid this thread and the TV section until after I've managed to see it then :p While its good that CN in the UK airs new episodes every day of the week, they tend to leave airing them here until after the entire season has aired in the US. They showed half of Season 4 in April up until episode 14, and then showed the rest of the season in 4 episode blocks on two Saturday evenings in June.

18. LifeInTechnicolor

LifeInTechnicolor Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    I can't believe it is going on season 5.I remember being 14 and having my oven's timer on so I wouldn't forget the premiere.I kind of 'missed' season 4(I read all the recaps,but did not watch the episodes).However,now that I have high speed Internet,I'll be watching every episode .

19. LordMortis315

Sep 2, 2012
    Ugh, don't get me started on that. They should just change the name of the forum to "Clone Wars Haters Forum" or something like that. [face_sigh]

Valairy_Scot and Alexrd like this.
  20. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Scared? No. But it certainly made me avoid this place. I don't come to a Star Wars forum to read mindless hate and criticism (although some criticism is fine, making it their contribution to the forum is unnecessary and awkward).

Valairy_Scot and LordMortis315 like this.
  21. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011

Fixed for you. ;)

Drewton likes this.
  22. LordMortis315

Sep 2, 2012
  23. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    Indeed how rude - I don't come to gush mindlessly. There's stuff I dislike; I criticise TCW when it deserves it (and it does, often) but I am able to mix both admiration and criticism, something the "haters" seem unable to do - they can't concede one decent thing about TCW and (some) must indeed call any who DO like something a "non true fan."

And then add to that, they try to call us mindless gushers.

How rude, indeed.

24. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012
    There is a lot of things I could say about TCW that I don't like, mainly Season 1, but overall my like for the show overrules what I have disliked about it. I see no point in talking about what I hate and choose to ignore what I dislike - I can't exactly do anything about it can I? I appreciate that people don't like the show or have quite a negative opinion but if that was me I simply wouldn't watch if my dislike was higher then my like factor. If I see something I don't like then I will say it, once, in a review but after that I put it to one side and concentrate on the good parts of what I see and what intrigues me most about the future episodes.

I'm really looking forward to Season 5, there is perhaps one arc that I'm not that interested in, but I'm not going to go overboard and criticise it constantly. I'll give it a go, leave me opinion and if its negative, say it once and that's it. I prefer being positive about something then actively disliking something that you can't find much to like about it.

LordMortis315 and Valairy_Scot like this.
  25. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    No, sorry but you haven't. Admiration should be a given, though. If you don't like or admire the forum thematic, why go there in the first place?

But if you truly wanted fix my post, you should've added a word that I actually forgot: " (...) although some criticism is fine, making it their only contribution to the forum is unnecessary and awkward."

LordMortis315 and Valairy_Scot like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.