main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Which seemingly dead franchises do you want to see continued?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Vader_vs_Maul, Feb 13, 2012.

1. Vader_vs_Maul

Vader_vs_Maul Jedi Master star 3

Dec 4, 2003
    There is a fairly recent JP game by Telltale Games. As for Indiana Jones, there has been numerous games based on that franchise, the oldest ones by LA, such as Fate of Atlantis, The Infernal Machine etc.

2. ZanderSolo

ZanderSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2007
    I can't believe I did not think of this one before:

Conker: Live and Reloaded.

Hands down the funniest and most "alluding to adult themes" kids game I've ever played, and it was a pretty good platformer on top of that.

FEAR THE MIGHTY POO!!!

3. Koohii

Koohii Jedi Master star 5

May 30, 2003
    There was a great old game called M.U.L.E. Early resource management and economy.
    Simplistic, but enjoyable.

And I like the old Archon games. Only problem was that while it would run on the Amiga500, it wouldn't run with the expansion ram installed, or on the 2000.

4. Paladin307

Paladin307 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 24, 2004
    Eternal Darkness

5. Vader_vs_Maul

Dec 4, 2003
    Really? The story came to its natural conclusion. The only way to do a sequel would be if all that stuff happened all over again.

6. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    Live and Reloaded was nice and playable, but they altered the multiplayer way too much and censored too much. I loved the original on N64, playing with three friends and a bunch of bots, but Live and Reloaded really wasn't that fun to play online.

7. ZanderSolo

ZanderSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2007
    Unfortunately I never experienced the N64 version. :(

I just remember having a blast with Live and Reloaded.

8. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Jedi Knight series
    Republic Commando (you can't just have that cliffhanger ending and not make another one)

Half Life for sure, but I trust Valve to work very hard on it and make sure it's great before they start promoting it.

I would like to see the Red Faction series continue, I heard it was shelved by THQ after poor sales of the 4th game. The first one was really fun, it combined massive level destruction with a good story and characters. Part 2 failed but the 3rd game was a great improvement (just a shame you could only destroy all the man-made structures and not the terrain). The 4th became too linear and although destorying stuff was great fun it felt like they rushed it and didn't go for the story enough as they did with the previous game. The whole thing became an alien-blaster game which is not really what the franchise needed.

9. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    I don't suppose you've played that JP game? If so, is it any good?

10. Vader_vs_Maul

Dec 4, 2003
    Well, to be honest, reviews haven't been that good. :p It sits right in the middle of the scale at Metacritic, while the user review average is even lower. I wouldn't recommend it to you, because I've never played it and the reviews are lukewarm. I just found it odd that you'd bring up JP in this thread since that JP game is pretty recent, that's all.

11. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    I didn't bring it up :p. just curious about it.

12. Vader_vs_Maul

Dec 4, 2003
  13. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    Mega Man.

14. jacktherack

jacktherack Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2008
    honestly this isn't a franchise but i'd like more games like the warriors (ps2,xbox,psp) and franchise wise i've always loved earthworm jim.

15. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    MechWarrior and MechCommander. Hawken looks like fun, but I want good old Battletech style mech battles.

16. Jedi_Matt

Jedi_Matt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 11, 2002
    The TF.N Boards?

Granted :D

17. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    Lets see, the great Star Wars game series that LA has abandoned like the X-wing and TIE Fighter series, Republic Commando, and the Battlefront series.

For other franchises, my first choice would definitely be Homeworld.

TheRascalKing likes this.
  18. Handmaiden Yané

Handmaiden Yané Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2002
    JADE EMPIRE.

Darth_Invidious likes this.
  19. Zer0

Zer0 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    In regards to SW games, I agree with you.

20. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Black Mesa will soon be here

It's taken a lot longer than it should have, but finally Half Life will get the restoration it deserves, and this should keep fans occupied until the eventual announcement of Half Life 3

21. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I have to add my vote to the Star Wars Battlefront group as well

22. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    How can some of you consider Battlefront a dead franchise? Not only some handheld games have been released, but Battlefront III was recently already in the making before it was cancelled. In fact, although it's just a personal assumption, I believe it is being made as we speak.

23. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    If we stick to the main 2 there hasn't been a game since what fall of 05? For the spinoff games there hasn't been one since November 09. Almost 3 years ago. If that's not dead I don't know what is.
    To your comment about Battlefront 3 being made as we speak, I'll believe it when I see it.

24. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    A franchise that hasn't released a game in 3 years is considered dead? That's news to me.

25. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Okay maybe not dead, but chances are pretty slim imo that we get a Battlefront 3.