main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub The Clone Wars Fan Club is gearing up for Season 5!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Sinrebirth , Jan 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    *smiles at the discussion*

As a note, we will be expecting spoilers to be within the spoiler tags, should we start discussing them. Let's resist the urge to spoil any of our kin to death!

2. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    I will not give admiration for something that does not deserve it, and TCW sure doesn't deserve admiration, because TCW doesn't have a shred of decency or respect for anything that came before it.

jackg1 likes this.
  3. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Is there no escaping the utter and complete 100% negativity? Must we start a TCW APPRECIATION with occasional criticism, but no haters allowed, thread?
    We fans are not safe anyway - we're being stalked!

/:(

4. Zeta1127

Sep 2, 2012
    Sorry, that's my opinion, and I'm sticking too it.

5. StarWarrior92

StarWarrior92 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 7, 2011
    ^ Then it makes sense that you're expressing such an opinion in a Fan Club for TCW. :rolleyes:

LordMortis315 likes this.
  6. Zeta1127

Sep 2, 2012
    Well, many fans of TCW seem to take offense about any negativity when it comes to TCW. I mean, what are the critics of TCW supposed to do, accept the timeline of the Clone Wars being changed over one kids shows?

7. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    Take offense? No, only about ONLY Negativity. I don't blindly applaud everything TCW does, but because I do appreciate a good deal of what it does, I'm in a group labeled "not a true fan" by some. When I find somewhere where I feel free to express some appreciation for the show... MY opinion, it has to be contradicted by the proclamation that the show is horrible. You want the last word - fine. I'll keep my opinion to myself so as to not offend those who hate TCW.

8. Zeta1127

Sep 2, 2012
    My comments were addressed at the fans of TCW who tell the critics of TCW to stop watching and similar things. What the critics of TCW supposed to do, stop caring when TCW redoes the Clone Wars timeline?

9. LordMortis315

LordMortis315 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Some people aren't looking for anything logical. Some people just want to watch the world burn.

Zeta1127 likes this.
  10. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    Zeta1127: if you weren't addressing me, then I sincerely apologize for taking it as I did and responding as I did.

11. Zeta1127

Sep 2, 2012
    Valairy_Scot, you don't exhibit the behavior I was referring to.

12. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    Oh I'm sorry that I expect a degree of quality out of writing. Why don't you guys stay here if you hate us that much. And I'm deeply sorry that the opinions of critical minded fans on an internet forum hurts you so much.

Humble_Jedi likes this.
  13. LordMortis315

Sep 2, 2012
    [​IMG]

APOLOGY ACCEPTED.

Sorry, I just had to do it. :p

14. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    All those in favour of renaming the thread a CW Appreciation Thread? :p

15. LordMortis315

Sep 2, 2012
    Ay. (is that how you spell it?)

16. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007

One person made that comment, someone who was not even a TV forum regular.

I know you took part in the episode review threads in past season, threads which are overwhelming positive. The votes and discussion in the ranking threads tend to be very positive, with 9's and 10's being the overwhelming scores for most episodes.

What you have run into is TCW off season when there really isn't a lot to discuss. Once Season 5 starts up again the TV forum will be flooded with happy people who love everything TCW does.

This is not even close to reality. I bet if you took the time to go through the review threads and looked at the scores a lot of us "haters" gave this show you would be shocked.

As a sample here are the average scroes from the ranking threads for a bunch of last seasons epsiodes(all ranked out of ten):

Brothers - 5.47
    Bounty - 7.59
    Crisis On Naboo - 7.36
    Massacre - 7.5
    The Box - 7
    Friends and Enemies - 8.12
    Deception - 8.1
    Friends in Need - 7.55
    Escape from Kadavo - 7.67
    Slaves of the Republic - 7.48
    Carnage of Krell - 8.76
    Kidnapped - 6.9
    Planet of Dissent - 8.28
    The General - 8.8
    Darkness on Umbara - 9.03
    Carnage of Krell - 8.76
    Water War - 6.42

Frankly I've had the exact opposite experience you have had in the TV forum since this show began. I've given a lot of epsiode 8/10 or 9/10 only to have people want to pick apart my critique because in the 10 points I mention about an episode I dared to mention one point that I didn't like.

Now don't get me wrong if you want to have a fan club here to discuss TCW with the users that frequent this forum I think thats a great idea, more power to you. But the reason you want to come here shouldn't be because the TV Forum is too negative, because it isn't and the episode scores highlight this reality.

I think if people take the time to actually look at the TV forum they will find a lot of positive discussion there.

I'd also point out that the new forum has an ignore function. So if its just one or two users that are ruining your experience an option exists to eliminate that frustration.

Humble_Jedi likes this.
  17. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    Stop trying to divide the forum in two.

It's not like most people are exclusively haters or gushers.

I'm always in between and both haters and gushers will chew me out depending on which side I happen to be on in that instance.

If you can't handle anyone's opinions, there's the ignore function.

Problem solved.

18. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    In your opinion. But if you don't admire TCW, why come to a TCW forum/thread in the first place? For someone that doesn't admire the series, you sure do give it a lot of importance/attention.

19. Humble_Jedi

Oct 14, 2004
    Why do you care?

Could you stop telling people not to come here? It's offensive. Use the ignore function, dude. [Snip. -Sx3].

20. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    And where have I said anything like that?

21. Humble_Jedi

Oct 14, 2004
    You implied it. You, Gamek, PloKoonIsAwesome and the rest of the [removed] have told people to go away so many times, don't go hiding behind semantics now. It's total hypocrisy.

But fine, have a taste of your own medicine. Why do you come to a discussion board if you can't handle dissenting opinions?

EDIT:
    Two way street.
    Follow your own advice and use the ignore function. -Sx3

22. LordMortis315

Sep 2, 2012
    That was uncalled for.

23. Humble_Jedi

Oct 14, 2004
    No, it wasn't. You guys have told me and others to go away so many times, it's zero tolerance.

And I'm not even a hater. I'm in the middle. Sometimes I love, sometimes I hate.

But as much as I like to rant about the series, I have never told people who love the series to go away, nor have I asked why they're here.

The 'go away' messages are clearly coming from one side only.

Drewton likes this.
  24. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Hmm I expect a Fan Club thread to not have someone come in and post something negative about it since that completely negates the fact its meant to be a Fan Club for those that actually like the show only. In a thread where its acceptable to post a negative comment about something you are not happy with then I'm ok with it since they are entitled to post it (and I see a lot of negativity in the TV forum) and I would like at least one place where those that actually like and appreciate the show for what it is could talk about it in peace without it being disrupted by people who actively dislike the show and criticise it whenever they can. Have the people that criticise the show constantly ever thought about the feelings of the people who like the show? I bet they haven't. If I really didn't like the show, then I wouldn't watch it. I don't watch things I can't find anything to like about, its a waste of my time when I could be enjoying other things and discussing things I do like/enjoy. I enjoy TCW for what it is - I don't take Star Wars canon seriously. I pick and choose what I like about the EU and fit it into my own timeline.

That's why I choose to ignore the things I don't like about TCW. Why should I ruin other people's appreciation of the show due to some negativity I have about the show? I'll say it once but I won't go around blathering the same thing again and again in different threads constantly so much that it annoys other people who appreciate the show and would like to have a discussion where the show isn't affected by the constant negativity.

Valairy_Scot and LordMortis315 like this.
  25. Humble_Jedi

Oct 14, 2004
    I don't come to hate mindlessly. There's stuff I like. I praise TCW when it deserves it, and I am able to mix both admiration and criticism, something the "gushers" seem unable to do - they can't concede one weak thing about TCW and (some) must indeed call any who dislike something a "non true fan."

And then to add to that, they group me together with mindless haters.

How rude, indeed.

See how it works both ways?

But it wasn't my intention to come in here and foul up the thread. This discussion just tickles me the wrong way, and I couldn't resist adding my two cents. As you were. :p

Drewton likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.