main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Out of Bounds (The ELL OOC Thread)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Trieste, Sep 2, 2012.

1. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
    The Thyferran Candidate

Day of the Bothan

Gark at the Gates

The list goes on. :D

2. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    Yeah. I'm now going to patent those names and make a mint on them. :p

3. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Gunny, how many sports movies do you have locked away in your brain? Because I swear you come up with a new one every time. :D

4. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    Enough to make it scarey

5. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    All of them.

[​IMG]

6. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    You know, I've been thinking over the past couple days...maybe we need to have college Limmie polls to determine rankings. You know, where we all partisanly vote for teams, often with no basis for our votes other than supposed reputations. Obviously we'd have the Super 16 teams in there with their tradition and all, strong fan base and automatic Carnation Bowl bid. Clearly the Super Elite Conference would have more teams than they should and for no good reason with tons of high rankings (at least 3 of the top 10) almost virtually ensuring they get a spot in the title game. The Bak10 (home of the pass-heavy West Rim offense in all likelihood) would of course also get some teams in there, but because they're on the edge of the galaxy nobody would ever care about them (except perhaps once in a blue moon when they produce an undefeated College of Deredith & Millicent team or the University of Evenvale beats opponents by an average margin of 45 points while they wear a different crazy jersey every game). Oh, and Vertical City University in some conference nobody's heard of can complain that they get ignored by the media even though their schedule is even harder than that of most Super Elite teams.

Maybe I'll call them the Galactic College Limmie Standings. The GCL, of course. A totally perfect system to determine champions, am I right? :D

7. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    Remember VCU is part of the Oktos 10 (O-10) Conference. They primarily only play grav-ball.

8. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Does this means my StarBucks will make it to the title game every few years, and then lose horrifically to some SEC team like KMI? :(

Though that would mean they the won the galactic title a decade ago against the University of Kessel Felons. :p

And yes I am working on posts for both the StarBucks and Mercs. They should both be posted by tommorow.

[​IMG]

9. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Aren't they disbanding anyways because people keep leaving their conference to join other ones? Pretty soon all that'll be left are VCU, Nal Hutta Culinary Institute and the Kessel Institute for Reformed Felons. :D

--EDIT--

HA! Beat me to it Bardan!

JEDIGUNSHIP and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  10. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
  11. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Too many to remain sane. :p

12. JM_1977

JM_1977 Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 23, 2011
    Friday Night Lights is my all-time favorite sports movie

13. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    I wonder if any of you have actually seen the movie I just used in that last post. :p

Also, yes to the polls idea. We can't have college Limmie without the oddness known as coach and media polls. :cool:

14. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Don't forget the computers that reckon our "strength of schedule". ;)

15. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    That too. Lousy computers. :p

16. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Well if droids could think there'd be none of us here, would there? :p

[​IMG]

17. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    With the permission of our illustrious GM I give you our League Logos:
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Enjoy

18. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
  19. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Dubya, where do you get all of these images from? :p You always outdo yourself.

And, on a different note . . .

Gunny's Major Question for the Day:

So you guys know that I've been following quite an epic story arc this season, and I'm stuck at a crossroads with where I want to go with it. Now, out of all the possible scenarios that have popped into my head (most of them shall never see the light of day, frankly :p), I have it whittled down to two possible choices. I can't tell you what they entail, as that would reduce the air of suspense around my arc, so I'm just going to ask you which one story you all would prefer:

Ending A, in which stuff happens. Or Ending B, in which something slightly different happens. :D

The ending with the most votes shall be used at the end of the season as the culmination of Gark's frantic search to clear his name and the fate of the Senators organization, not to mention how that would play out in the rest of the galaxy (because the Miners, Smugglers, Jets, and whoever else I seem to be rivals with these days, want to know what happens, as well as trillions of people across the galaxy). So, you can all take this as a make-your-own adventure book, except that I'm writing it, and no matter which one you guys choose, it'll still be rather odd and not make much sense be spectacular writing that shall win me no many awards. :p But don't let that stop you:

Which door shall you choose?

Ending A: The cool ending, yet is a bit odd.

Ending B: The rather odd ending, yet is still cool.

Ending C: None of the above, as we will all be taken over my Martians a la "War of the Worlds", and be plunged into darkness as only a few people with crossbows attempt to turn back on electricity even though it's apparent that they seem to be living just fine already. Or something like that. :p

20. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    That would be Mac, not Dubya.

The ELL one is one I found through a google search for Soccer shields.

The PLL is an adaptation of the Arena Football League logo.

The GCLA is an adaptation of the Major Indoor Soccer League logo.

And the Super 16 I made myself.

21. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    OK, I goofed. I'm sorry. [face_worried]

22. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    No worries. :cool:

23. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    Very nice i like it. Good work CPL:D

24. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Hmmm...I'm voting for option A. Because it's my blood type. I also like stuff that's cool. ;)

25. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008