main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub The Clone Wars Fan Club is gearing up for Season 5!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Sinrebirth , Jan 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Guys, this is a FanClub... and I have little patience for any personal attacks, so I'm only going to warn this thread one time. End of fan-discussion, hit ignore, do whatever you have to do in order to post alongside each other in a civil manner.

LordMortis315 likes this.
  2. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    That's cool.[face_coffee]

3. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    Forum Mods:

My sincere apologies for editing outside my jurisdiction, I saw the report and The Clone Wars title and wrongly assumed it was from LACWAC.

Drewton likes this.
  4. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    Wait a minute, how is it outside your jurisdiction? Just curious, since we've had several non Lacwac mods do the same thing on the TV forum.

5. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    I'm sorry, but since I haven't attacked anyone, I think I have the right to question someone who is falsely accusing me of being an hypocrite and of making certain statements.

No. You are the one with the burden of proof, not me. I haven't implied anything other than what I've written in my post. Now prove that I told anyone to go away, otherwise don't accuse me of doing it or of being an hypocrite.

That's a bad strawman. Once again, prove where I said anything about any disability of handling dissenting opinions?

And to avoid you the trouble of searching, here my original comment: "I don't come to a Star Wars forum to read mindless hate and criticism (although some criticism is fine, making it their only contribution to the forum is unnecessary and awkward)."

P.S: I thought I was in LACWAC aswell.

6. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    New Mods get help when they start and I have no desire to Mod outside my forum.:)

7. Sistros

Sistros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 24, 2010
    I kind of agree to this.

I think there should be a thread SOMEWHERE on the boards where fans can gripe about what they don't like about TCW in a civilised manner.

I'm not talking about pages and pages of hate filled venom towards it, just sensible disscussion on what we dislike about it as purists.

We can't do it in in a LACWAC forum, but I don't think we should do it in a thread called FANCLUB either.

SSS: you're welcome to post in the swc at any time :D

Zeta1127 and SithStarSlayer like this.
  8. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    Whoooooaa...it's like a dark reflection of LACWAC, only everything's all velvet and silk cushions instead of blood and slag

gizmodeus and CoricBrennett like this.
  9. StarWarrior92

StarWarrior92 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 7, 2011
    Anyways.......

So apparently they're releasing the last 4 episodes of S4 as an 88 minute "Director's Cut".
    From TF.N:

Star Wars: The Clone Wars – Darth Maul Returns
    Exclusive 88-minute Directors cut

The dramatic return of Darth Maul has been one of the most talked about developments in Star Wars: The Clone Wars, and the evil Sith Lord will continue to wreak havoc in the forthcoming Season Five of the animated series. Witness his resurrection in a special feature-length Directors’ Cut presentation of his animated debut, coming exclusively to DVD at Target stores on September 11th.

http://theforce.net/latestnews/story/SW_TCW_Darth_Maul_Returns_147943.asp

10. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    According to the latest Insider, "only" two episodes of the Maul arc have a Director's Cut version. Also, here's a list of the Season 4 episodes with Director's Cut version (all will be available when the boxset is released):

- Carnage of Krell
    - Escape from Kadavo (the Zygerrian arc will also have finished extended/deleted scenes available, but not in the episodes themselves)
    - Massacre
    - Bounty

It's great that they made director's cut of these four episodes. We haven't had any director's cut episodes since Season 1.

Seerow likes this.
  11. StarWarrior92

Jul 7, 2011
    ^ Are you talking about the S4 box set? Because this:

[​IMG]
    is what I was talking about.

12. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    Funny how Maul is the only one in the picture without a saberstaff.

13. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    I know. I was talking about the Season 4 boxset, but that "Darth Maul Returns" DVD will only have 2 episodes as director's cut.

14. StarWarrior92

Jul 7, 2011
    ^ Oh, gotcha. ;)

15. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    Almost forgot to say.

[​IMG]

16. Drewton

Drewton Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 8, 2009
    Looks like I've just stumbled upon some weird Swedish Reaper synthesis version of LACWAC...

17. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    So with three weeks to go... what are you most looking forward to seeing in Season 5?

For me, based on the recent trailers, it would have to be the Mandalore arc.

18. Drewton

Jan 8, 2009
    Oh God, from what I've just heard of that arc, my impression of that arc will be...

[​IMG]

And if you want, I can tell you why, but you might not believe me.

19. StarWarrior92

Jul 7, 2011
    I'm looking forward to see Darth Sidious take on Maul and Savage.

20. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Same... the fight looks quite epic... which shows how far the animation has come since Season 1!

I think that is one of the things that impresses me about this show, the quality of the animation. I could be alone in this but with each season they improve even more. It's probably one of the best animated shows on TV. When you look at other CGI-3D animated shows the others pale in comparison to TCW, that is probably one of the main reasons why I like this show.

21. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Maul taking on Dooku (assuming it happens) and Sidious cleaning up the mess, which seems to be tied to the Mandalore arc.

Indeed, not just other animated series, but animated movies aswell. Sometimes I wish that Lucas should give Filoni a chance, after the series is over, to revisit and update some early episodes (including the movie) if he wants to.

22. LordMortis315

LordMortis315 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    I'm worried that the rest of the season will be overshadowed by the awesomeness of Maul + Mandalore. :p

JediMaster_1977 likes this.
  23. Drewton

Jan 8, 2009
    Edit: nevermind.

24. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    You mean, redo the animation and visuals to bring them up to date with the level they're at now? Couldn't hurt. Those early episodes are the better ones. As per usual.

25. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Yes, at least the first 6/7 episodes (production wise), including the last three episodes of the movie. The rest still holds up, in my opinion (i.e: battle of Christophsis). But if they can't do that, at least they could fix some continuity issues, like Pre Visla model in Voyage of Temptation and other minor animation errors/mistakes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.