main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official TCW Clips Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Gry Sarth, Sep 7, 2009.

1. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012

It is called control of the media. Lucas created SW but that does not mean he would not go to the Dark Side to earn more money.

TIIIIIIKKKKKKEESSSS!!!!!

On a side note. What I noticed recently is this:

February 2012 Filoni answered a Q&A.
    https://www.facebook.com/notes/dave...as-many-as-could-be-that-is/10150751885427571

In which to a Q from a friend he said this:

My question is: have either yourself, the writers or maybe even the Maker himself ever considered a Darth Sidious centred story-arc featuring the dark lord himself? You know, something that would really get across the point that, for all its savagery and scope, the Clone War is merely a gaudily lit distraction that keeps the Galaxy's focus away from what's truly going on in secret places and dark corners? It wouldn't even need to sweep back the curtain and show the wrinkled old man who's been hiding behind it for so long, just give it a little tug and show us a glimpse of the extent of the Sith's plans.

Anyway, a hundred thousand thank you's for all the work you have done, are doing and will continue to do for both Star Wars and it's many fans!

Darth Sidious is a sensitive subject, and so far it has been a conscious decision to never show him other than as a hologram in the series. However, I would look for the dark lord to take a more active role in the future.

And then less than 5 months later we get Sidious on Mandalore...
    Such moments remind me of how most of the things Filoni says are "half-truths and hyperbolies" !

2. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Perhaps you should know I only found this show 6 months ago so no I hadn't noticed about previous TCW reports because I simply hadn't seen the show at that point. This is my first time experiencing everything, the lead-up to a series so I'm simply not on top of things as others are etc :)

3. Drewton

Drewton Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 8, 2009
    Writing in the clips is still bad, some of the action's good.

4. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Yeah, Fanboy. It's all 'OMGZ BEST EPISODE EVA!11' and certain people get excited due to that feedback. Then when they actually watch the episode on TV, they are like "Oh.."
    Of course those who love TCW, would say otherwise.

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy and Drewton like this.
  5. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    New trailer premiered on Cartoon Network's Facebook. It shows Rex for the first time and has Obi-Wan and Anakin working together, again.

6. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    THERE IS THAT DROID with EU Symbol! DAFUQ WAS THAT SYMBOL...

Obi-Wan + Anakin on Onderon = ****

The shokies are on a cloudy and mountainous planet.

Rex = Boring as usual...

7. laloga

laloga Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 28, 2011
    Yay! Rexter's back! [face_love]

8. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    REX REX REX!!!!! WOO

laloga likes this.
  9. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    Are you surprised by this? :p

10. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Rex boring as usual? like usual? he is awesome, he can kick ur butt in no time :p

11. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I'm so glad to finally see you in a season 5 clip Rex and is that Wolffe in the background with you? Sweet. I've better wanting you two clones to meet.

JediMaster_1977 and laloga like this.
  12. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    Rex and (presumably) Cody will be on Onderon nonetheless. I doubt Anakin, Obi-Wan and Ahsoka just don't bring any Republic troops with them.

13. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    Being 'awesome' doesn't make up for repetitive characterization. ;)

14. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    That's cool to. Whoever is behind Rex is up for like half a 2nd.

15. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Did i hear right? Cody will appear :eek:

16. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    You are right, I am not.

Totally! [face_dancing]

Rex is IMO[face_tired]

I prefer more Cody or Fordo... the real Clones!

Zeta1127 and JediMaster_1977 like this.
  17. laloga

Jul 28, 2011
    Rex + Wolffe = epic

QuangoFett and Seerow like this.
  18. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    [​IMG]

19. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I tend to think Rex and Wolffe are destined to have a major dissagreement in the future.

laloga and QuangoFett like this.
  20. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    Of course- there is nothing odd in that- according to EU they were legendary pair of jedi knights in the Clone Wars- Usually together.

I think that there won't be any clones on Onderon. In trailer Anakin said that rebels only need guidance to realign with the Republic. Clones are probably needed elsewhere so jedi go to help rebels without them. Hondo brings them rocket launchers but no clip shows sign of clones- only jedi- mainly just Ahsoka....

21. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    Probably just a secondary role like in Kidnapped if any. Rex is the leading clone and, helpfully, he's an original-to-TCW character with a lot of scope for development and a lot behind him already. Cody doesn't really need too much character development in this timeframe. He's a textbook clone commander in ROTS and doesn't need to diverge from this norm like Rex is doing.

The appearance of the 501st Legion and Rex in the latest trailer is promising. Considering the inevitable return of Fives, the plot threads of Umbara are set to be picked up. Even relatively low-key scenes like Rex killing the slave pen warden in Escape From Kadavo and Rex being caught between Windu's and Palpatine's schemes in Friends And Enemies hint at some development in the subtext. Based on this, it's more than likely that even if Rex doesn't get his own episode/arc like Umbara, he may yet get some development in S5 episodes involving him in some capacity.

Plo_Koon_is_Awesome and Seerow like this.
  22. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    I don't see Wolffe at all in the background.

and lol@ the idea of Rex being boring, especially after the Umbara arc.

23. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    Wollfe in the bg in the promo?! Cool!

LOL at you for stating the opposite! :D
    The problem with Rex these days is that he kinda lost his balls and became kinda of a hippie. Hippies are annoying in every universe. Look at Padme or Satine.
    The problem with Rex is that even when the Krell-issue was resolved, he still kinda felt gutless and being the least threating clone in the air base. I mean look at Jess, Fives, Hardcase, Tup and even Dogma... by the end of the arc they all either still had the guts to do what is right or became more confidant of what they had done.
    :confused: Rex... NOT So much. At the end, Fives looked determined and ready for the rest of the war and was like ready to end it himself.
    Rex ended the arc with a face that screamed "I have ants in my pants but I don't know what to do about them!" lol
    That is the problem with Rexy.

I hope Fives returns in S5 and he is better than ever. I am hoping to see more of the 212 and the Wolves. And I am keeping my fingers crossed for Rex to die and THAT to affect Fives.[face_dancing]
    Then Appo to rise up and be commander cause Rex was not worthy anyway.

PS: Umbara must not be repeated as it was awful.:D

24. laloga

Jul 28, 2011
    I could see that, as they both have very strong personalities, but I do hope they wind up on the same "side," as it were.

As far as Rex being "boring," I'd have to disagree. If anything, his character has gone through some of the most intense changes over the entire series. He's gone from a clone who - while being creative and intelligent - acts pretty much by-the-book, to a man who's asking some really tough, "big" questions. ("What's the point of all this?") Considering the entire Wars were essentially created as a trap for the Jedi, this is a pretty poignant question. I'm not terribly familiar with the EU, but I don't know of anyone else who's asked that.

25. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Seerow, this is the clip I told you about, which I saw first airing on August 31. Sorry I left out the Rex mention - I know how you love him. As it was, it was six in the morning, I had just woken up... oh, and I was probably more worried about catching a look at Obi-Wan. :)