main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC ~*~ The Ewan McGregor Fan Club of the JCC ~*~

Discussion in 'Community' started by Quarantine, Mar 19, 2002.

1. serendipityaey

serendipityaey Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2004
    Things are things, up and down. Trying to discover energy to write, trying to decide what to write next... How're you?

Re: quote - pulling what?

2. obimom

obimom Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2010
    :D

3. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    Pulling *that*? O:)

4. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    Lots of tweets tonight of people meeting Ewan in Toronto at the film festival, and saying he's taking the time to take pictures with everyone [face_love] He took a picture of the screen at a movie he was at, but everyone in front of him was turned around looking at him. So cute, and makes me so jealous, at the same time!

5. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    Seriously guys! Pulling what? Are you going to make me google this?!

6. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    Seriously guys! Pulling what? Are you going to make me google this?!

7. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    I googled it.

8. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    What did you find out?

[face_talk_hand]

Ash, I can be pretty naive, but I have a pretty good idea what he was referring to without googling it. Now I'm afraid to.

Hmm, my googling indicates it a two-person thing (one person persuasion of another) when I thought it was one (one on one, so to speak).

9. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    Pulling is a British thing - attracting all the most attractive people! :D Not what you guys were leading me to believe! Innocent me :)

10. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    "Word used to describe the successful act of attracting a person to such an extent that you would be able to snog or - ahem 'break the code' (according to some people) - them if you so desired."

Yep I'm pretty sure Obi would have no problem pulling whoever he darn wanted. He should try sometime.

11. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    Ok, I'm not understanding all of that..but if you read the context of what Ewan was talking about concerning Obi-Wan "pulling" you figure exactly what he's talking about. Or at least I did.

So cute at Toronto..and yes, I'm jealous too. I'd be watching him too if I were there...I probably wouldn't be able to tell you what the events were about...

12. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    I really think he means pulling as in attracting people to sleep with. It fits right into the sentence There was no indication pulling meant the other thing, and pull seems to be a pretty popular British slang. Besides, if he was doing the other thing of which i've heard ewan use other slang for :p I don't think he'd have that problem, of, uh being... full :D

13. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    Maybe you're right, Ash, I just read it at face value before...I didn't consider that it may have been a British term meaning something else.

14. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    So this is my American translation based on all the definitions I read and spelling it out - 'Obi is quite the gentleman, so it's not like he would go out to bars, making bets with his friends about how many girls he could attract but I don't think he would have any problem finding girls to make out or sleep with. *However* Jedi aren't supposed to fall in love and stuff so even though he could, he doesn't get with anyone so I'd imagine he is just very physically frustrated by now.'

15. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    And all this talk makes me want to read some Obi-lovin! [face_love]

16. obimom

Oct 31, 2010

Now why didn't he just SAY that ? :p

I just love the British....especially the Scots..well, one certain Scot to be sure...[face_love]

17. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    I just finally watched the trailor for the impossible...it looks absolutely wonderful...and heart rending..and Ewan looks fabulous in it...and he totally played the heartbroken, desperate father...I almost had tears just watching the trailor. Oh I do hope the midwest loosens up and lets this one play locally (as if I'd get to see it there...ha... probably will have to wait for the DVD again...but still..I want to see it do well.

OH, that almost sounded like him singing...did he?

18. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Jedi Master Kenobiwan Force Ghost star 6

Oct 8, 2011
    [​IMG]

It can't be more perfect! [face_love][face_love][face_love][face_love]

Iron_lord, obimom and serendipityaey like this.
  19. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    Love! Just love that puppy :D

Here's one from Cannes earlier this year, just to show all his many looks [face_love]

[​IMG]

obimom likes this.
  20. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Oct 8, 2011
    Oh.......[face_love] The puppy's name is Sid.

Iron_lord and obimom like this.
  21. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Oct 8, 2011
    When is Ewan most lovely? When he's smiling or when he's not smiling?

For me it's when he's smiling his charming smile. OHHHHHHHH......=P~[face_love]

Iron_lord likes this.
  22. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    That smile could melt Jenna Zan Arbor's heart...assuming she has one..;)

The first time I ever saw that smile I was blown away. I had never seen anyone, male or female, look as totally luminous as he did when I saw that smile....I was hooked.

Kenobi-FAN likes this.
  23. Veloz

Veloz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 30, 2004
    From what i hear it's based on a real family and what they went through, so i would think it will be very accurate, although of course with movies sometimes dialogues and events arent exactly as they happened.

I'm a sucker for a smiling Ewan, i just find his smile and laugh so real and beautiful [face_love]

24. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Oct 8, 2011
    I can't be more agreed, obimom! That smile is world's most heart taking smile ever never!

Iron_lord likes this.
  25. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    No luck! He didn't get to any of our questions, but I can always ask again later :) He did say he might be able to announce his next film tomorrow