main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC The odd & interesting world of dreams

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarthTunick , Sep 8, 2012.

1. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    I had 2 last night that I can remember:

1) I'm walking alone on a deserted freeway, when I notice a gap ahead... I was able to successfully jump the gap. :p

2) I'm watching TV on the couch (at my old house), when I notice the channel 5 (KTLA) weatherman walking up the driveway with a camera man in tow... I open the door, and he wants an interview about something, and then that was that... I wake up.
    :(

2. FlareStorm

FlareStorm Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 13, 2000
  3. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    Thank you for your wonderful contribution, Flare.

4. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    This thread was way better when Crem did it

Plus, my bonus noobish enthusiasm is ****ing hilarious. :p

mrsvos likes this.
  5. FlareStorm

FlareStorm Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 13, 2000
  6. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    If you were having night terrors, there shouldn't be any dreams to remember.

7. JediYvette

JediYvette Pacific RSA emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 18, 2001
    I have been watching the Nostalgia Critic movie for the past couple of nights and last night had a dream the entire cast was over at my house for a party. I can't remember much but I ran out of drinks and Cinema Snob kept trying to steal Louis L'Amour books from my dad.

What does it mean???

Lazy Storm Trooper likes this.
  8. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    It means you find Brad Jones' voice suave and silky smooth. Pretty normal reaction, really.

9. Darth Morella

Darth Morella Force Ghost star 6

Apr 5, 2004
    I used to have recurrent dreams about black dogs but one day they suddenly stopped.

10. Debo

Debo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 27, 2001
    I had a dream about Marilyn Monroe. We were walking in the woods, and suddenly I noticed I had lost her. I remembered people telling me she could be a bit dazed and confused, I thought I was paying attention, still I lost her. I started calling her name, and doing that, I thought: "What a strange name: Marilyn."

11. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    I always thought Mabel was a strange name.

12. JediYvette

JediYvette Pacific RSA emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 18, 2001
    Oh heck yes. [face_love]

13. mrsvos

mrsvos Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 18, 2005
    Tunick, the part with the gap in the road means be prepared to take that jump...maybe that awesome new job coming right up! The news reporter means someone cares about what you have to say...regardless if you believe that on not =)

14. TheGuardianofArlon

TheGuardianofArlon Jedi Master star 6

Feb 26, 2007
    Did Slenderman come out?

15. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    The following is the description of a dream if language worked the way dreams do:

I was, since I'm normally into that, sort of began to, with all of the understand. It was a bit up in and I couldn't quite make out the flaking roof shingles sliding down the bacon straps everywhere until nothing was. Still, against the big dome with giant baby dolphins and a tiny vanilla milkshake ruffling the trumpet. I didn't that at first, but then I was birthday cake candles come in a package of 10, but you only need one match to start the waterfall crashing down into the gravy basin at the top. I still can't giraffe the beginning, so it ended up getting all over New Orleans.

Which is why nobody cares about your dreams ever.

16. mrsvos

mrsvos Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 18, 2005
    I care ...

17. TheGuardianofArlon

TheGuardianofArlon Jedi Master star 6

Feb 26, 2007
    Or is it a trap Mr.Akbar?

18. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    It was the weatherman, though. :p

19. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    That's even better--it means the earth itself(weather) cares what you have to say.

mrsvos likes this.
  20. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    This was my dream last night:

I was on a road trip across the southwest with my family and the dog. we stopped at a rest area where, for most of the remainder of the dream, I searched for an appropriate place to urinate. it was a really big stop. there were bathrooms everywhere. most of them were a mess, so I didn't want to use them. so, I'm looking for an appropriate bathroom and then I come across two. one has the little blue lady above the door, the other has the lady and the guy. so I go to the unisex one, but as I'm going in some lady gets there first with like five kids and they take up all of the stalls. they had urinals just around the place. like out in the open of this rest area. kind of off to the side, though, so you could sort of have some privacy, but still just out there. so I gave up and tried to use one but I got stage fright, and I'm standing there trying to pee with people walking around behind me and I can't do it. and then some lady comes up and stands next to me, and starts making fun of me about my haircut and my clothes. and I'm trying to pee and she won't stop, so I give up. but then everyone in the rest area is making fun of me
    following me around and stuff. meanwhile, there continues to be no appropriate place to go. so, eventually, as the people of the rest stop have me surrounded, I finally give up, whip it out right there in front of everybody, and start peeing. they find this humorous, so I start peeing at them, to drive them away.

I did not have to pee when I woke up, so.

Point Given likes this.
  21. Sauntaero

Sauntaero Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 9, 2003
    I'm pretty sure I'm still having palpitations from the dream I woke up from, like an hour ago.

It was the most awesome, plane-shifting, outer space supervillain putting us into an alternate reality that I, with help from lots of people, was able to break us out of. It involved black magic and jumping across spacetime and dreams within dreams and lots of my family, for some reason. And it was partly lucid, so I was able to conquer the evil guy and then we got to camp at a state park before getting back to our reality, and when I met my family again, it was just the happiest thing--I was overwhelmed, crying, with love. Was that heaven? I don't think it was Iowa.

Anyway, I gotta write that **** down so I can turn it into an action flick someday.

22. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I had a dream the other night where I was leaving the beach with my mom. As we reached the parking lot, she decided to take the ice cream truck home instead of our car. I argued that this was a bad idea, but she just scoffed at my anxiety and we got in and drove off. As we got closer to our house, I noticed a cop car parked on the side of the road. As soon as we passed it, it blared its sirens and started following us. We pulled over right away, and the cop approached our car. Right away he said we were under arrest. I thought this was strange so I asked what our charge was. He said driving an ice cream truck without a permit.

So to reiterate, we were being arrested not for theft, but for driving a truck that we were not authorized to drive. So we got out of the car and walked home. Neither of us were arrested and we simply left the truck with the cop.

23. Kiki-Gonn

Kiki-Gonn Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 26, 2001
    I recently dreamt I was trying to keep my family safe during the war of 1812.

WTF

24. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
  25. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    I like "Dreamatorium" better. Community references should be spread as much as possible.

I had a complex dream last night but now I've forgotten it. I hope I have a dream about sharks tonight.