main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social The Artist's Lounge - Social Thread Ver. 2.0

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by HanSolo29 , Jan 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Yeah, that seems to be the big thing right now. I've just opted to get permission to create a new thread.

Now I just need to finish some new art to do so! :p

2. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    You know, since I can't edit squat on my old thread, I'd rather the permission to create a new one, as well. All the formatting didn't survive.

3. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    The formatting issues are all across the boards and the editing permissions at the moment are only 30min for new posts. This will be resolved and everything should work how they should again. If you rather create a new thread than to wait, I understand. I'll have to lock your old one when the new thread is created.

4. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    I wasn't sure if it came out clear in my previous post but you are welcome to create a new thread TrakNar. I will be giving everyone the opportunity to start fresh, once the new thread has been created, the old one will be locked and archived.

5. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    I was debating on whether waiting out the bugs would be good, but considering that the thread is rather large, it may be best to start anew, so eventually, I'll get right to that.

Eventually. :p

6. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    I've been debating the same thing myself :p

When I get a bit of time, I'll do the same.

7. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Personally, my decision had more to do with rethinking my wonderful idea of switching between two accounts to post artwork. That's not gonna happen! :p

Hitchhiking-Ghost likes this.
  8. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    I was looking at free business cards at Vistaprint and started to design some, when I suddenly realized... perhaps I should get another dA account, first.

EDIT: I can edit this post two days after posting it, so things look to be in working order.

9. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    I know you can change the name of your dA account but you need to be a premium user for that feature to work... maybe it might be best to have dual accounts.

I'll be restoring the opening posts to the Winter and Spring Challenge and wrapping them up soon. If anyone wants, I can keep the Spring one open a little longer as the move had disrupted that.

10. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Also, we should have our unlimited thread title/post editing back... If it doesn't work, let me know and I'll see what I can do.

11. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    [face_dancing]

12. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    I am also thinking about a "New secret garden" because my old thread has about 60 pages now...

13. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Yay! The Thread titles/post edits work now and now the LINK code is functioning again too. All those old links should work now!

14. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Things are finally coming together!

Now, when do we get our stars back? :p

15. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Oh the stars... :p
    They are being looked into and it's strange how it shows up for some but not for others. It's on a level that I feel is better to leave it to the experts.

16. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    I miss my stars... They were nice.

17. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    I miss mine, too!

*has been already on the emotional side because she was stupid enough to lend the DVD of "Tess of the d'Urbervilles" and had to switch it off*

Ah well, it is nice that the boards are back again, because I missed them. Recently life has been tough again, so being busy with cheerful things like fanart & fanfic feels good. The neighbour cat also has been a great help & also all the flowers and plants we have in the house. My two new teaching positions are also nice, even though I earn very little with them and need a third one. But I am inspired to do painting again.

18. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    I should draw more insects. I should amass a collection of macro photographs and draw insects up close and personal. They make for a great drawing challenge.

19. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Insects... [face_thinking]... we have those big, fat spiders all over our place...

20. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Then you have plenty of reference if you ever wish to draw creepy critters. :p

I have a few spiders in my apartment. I also have a butterfly chrysalis that I'm gonna care for until the butterfly emerges.

21. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Ugh, spiders. You hit on my biggest fear there. I'm fine with other bugs, but I can't stand spiders.

I would either be running around with a shoe, hunting them down and smashing them or I would simply move out. :p

22. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    If you lived in my apartment, then, all the walls would be covered in shoe marks. :p I found a spider hiding in my towel today.

23. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    It's not a nice feeling when you see a spider, take your eyes away for a second and look back to find it is gone. I'm not keen on spiders either, especially when most of the ones in my area are deadly.

24. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    I don't think I could deal with that.

And I know what you mean about their disappearing trick. That happened to me the other week and the darn thing showed up again the next day while I was getting ready for work. Took a whack at it and I managed to knock it off the wall, but I don't think I killed it. You'll probably hear me scream if it shows up again. I go in total freakout mode.

25. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    It's not too bad at home but you do see them about at places like the park. I don't know what the large black and yellow ones are like but I know I'm not going anywhere near them.

I don't blame you, they are notorious.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.