main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Obi-Wan Kenobi: v4 Fan Club a/k/a Appreciation Society

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Valairy Scot, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    obimom: Deb, you could INSERT your revised chapter as a NEW post and edit the PRIOR chapter post to something like: Post removed. Revised vision # posts down, if it's that important to you to get the revised chapter up NOW. Then, when the system "restore" happens, just go back a second time to the revised chapter and once again replace the chapter with "revised chapter a few posts ahead."

2. obimom

obimom Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2010
    Val, nah, I'm not in that big a hurry...I can wait. I'm more into right now working on new chapters and posting on FF, will get this one fixed up when it's ready for me to.

Aren't you out hiking today?

3. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    #6500.

I SHOULD be out hiking, yes. But it was hot yesterday (about 90) - I was tired and went to bed early for me so I could get up VERY EARLY to drive down to get the sunrise at Rainier (2+ hr drive) but then couldn't get to sleep. I wasn't about to drive 2+ hrs in the dark after 2 hrs or so of sleep. So I'm home.

And I filled up mom's "green monster" (yard waste) yesterday with pickup not til next week so can't really do anything over at her place (she'll be home on Tuesday). So today is like every other day since unemployment - hanging out at home on the 'puter.

4. ruth baulding

ruth baulding Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    /perks up/ war battles? Bring it on! Glorious carnage! I'm always up for that , Deb. When do we get the next installment (says the woman who has been posting at the rate of molasses herself?)

5. ruth baulding

Sep 3, 2012
    Yes, welcome to the wonderful world of insomnia. It unites people of all ages and walks of life. And it makes one see a giant sarlaac pit when reading "I filled Mom's green monster." It's hot here, too, just about as hot as that extremely naughty story taking shape on this thread.
    Oh wait... the ice cream man is just tottling up the street. Might have to go buy myself a popsicle.

6. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    OBI-sicle, Ruth, not popsicle.

So glad you updated, although I know why you haven't. Our "naughty story" gets more response than our real stories over in fanfic, it seems. Naughty must be in.

7. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    Hey Ruth..working on it now. Val had some suggestion for me. I'm no good at detailing battles, etc. so I'm going more for the emotional impact from Siri's POV...although there will be some so called "battle scenes" involved. Just struggling with some wording...

You post at the pace of molasses? Then I must post at peanut butter pace...:p

OH, I did read your chappie today...(as you probably know by now)... pretty intense. I can't wait until Qui-Gon sucker punches that bi....er..witch doctor. :mad:

;)

8. ruth baulding

Sep 3, 2012
    Oh that was YOU. You weren't logged in so I had to amuse myself guessing who wanted Zan Arbor to get punched out. Qui Gon wont' be going at her with his fists - he has much deadlier weaponry to hand, "Molasses" was only a comparison to my own standard frenetic pace. Others are free to ooze at their own rate. I'll look forward to your cahpter whenever it appears.

9. serendipityaey

serendipityaey Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2004
    I'm really looking forward to getting caught up on your story Deb! I'm really enjoying it :D

10. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    Taps toes...you know, if you guys took some speed-posting-pills or something,I'd have more chapters to read and enjoy. Taps toes - hmm. Lots of quickly posted updates makes Val a very happy reader. No updates makes me a grump...oh, wait, that's normal.

For the sake of those around me (ok, ok, so the only thing around me to notice is the grumpy old cat) - please post. [face_batting] Geri - you need to update some stories as well.

11. ruth baulding

Sep 3, 2012
    Yes, but one cannot purchase the former for $1.25, more's the pity. Although one /can/ purchase a plastic likeness of Obi-Wan for a mere $8.00. My daughter has no less than nine, in various costumes, each with a tiny plastic lightsaber. She has other characters, too, but for some reason Obi-Wan has nine separate incarnations in her collection.

Naughty is perennially popular. Even more than vampires.

12. ruth baulding

Sep 3, 2012
    Confucius say, Update is two way street.

obimom likes this.
  13. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    OH, I wasn't logged in? Sorry about that, Ruth. I don't like that since FF changed that. It used to be they would remind you before you posted a review that you hadn't logged in yet. They don't do that anymore. But I thought I was logged in!!

Anyway, yes, that was me. I know he will have the deadlier weapon in hand, but I just take a delicious pleasure in picturing him punching her out. She wouldn't see it coming..it would be so "normal"..something she wouldn't expect a Jedi to do...;)

14. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    yeah, well, with my luck I'd go the wrong way on a two way street. Better to remain on the one lane...no harm, no foul.

15. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    Ruth, I quite agree, update is a two way street, isn't it? Wouldn't you say so...VAL????:D

BTW, I am working on my chappie...but my site seems to be having an issue. I really don't want to lose what I've rewritten tonight...and that is partly why I began using the PMs to write before.

16. ruth baulding

Sep 3, 2012
    Yes, well, normally I can tell who the anonymous "guest" is... but the sudden desire for violent retribution threw me for a loop...;)
    Still, I like seeing how far you can stretch a character out of the expected bounds. Right now, for example, I'm drafting a scene where obi-Wan throws something very close to a temper tantrum. Imagine that.

17. ruth baulding

Sep 3, 2012
    You need a special holocron or something to store your docs.

18. ruth baulding

Sep 3, 2012
    ha haaa!
    The burden is on us not to destroy all the droids take all the plot bunnies before you arrive.

19. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    Deb: no.

[face_phbbbbt]

Ruth: it's not lack of plot bunnies, it's lack of writing muse, lack of decent plotting, lack of - just lack.

20. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    I like google docs to work on stuff too, saves automatically and I can work on it anywhere! I'm trying to get my brain going to work on more Miracle, my brain is being very sticky

21. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    I have ideas, it's just so hard for me to get started sometimes

22. ruth baulding

Sep 3, 2012
    ll, it
    There are those days when one just sits there staring at the keyboard, paralyzed. .... then there are days when you get sucked into the naughty story posted on this thread, and abandon all pretense at other writing. Distractions, distractions everywhere...

23. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    I get in editing mode and everything else switches off and it's so hard for me to get in the flow of writing again! I just have to make my self start and just write something so it can get going again and push past that paralyzation

And then I get distracted writing naughty stuff

24. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    Uh huh - and have you been forgetting to POST it?

serendipityaey likes this.
  25. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    Google docs was what was messing up. I finally put it on a PM to val, finished tweaking it there adn then sent it to her for a final look over. I was afraid GD wasn't going to save my changed (it did) but the way it was acting made me wonder.

Now have to get to bed..have to work six hours tomorrow. Will post chapter sometime during week probably...hopefully early in teh week rather than later.