main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Entwined & Entangled - Kyp/OC. Update: Jan. 5!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Jan 12, 2012.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Title: Entwined & Entangled

Author: Jade eyes

Characters: Kyp/Liz (OC, lovingly borrowed from Ceillean)

Genre: Introspection, character growth, mush!

Disclaimer: Don't own the characters although I'd like to own Kyp in boxer briefs [face_laugh] =P~ =P~

A/N #1: This is not a Kyp diary response to the DD 2012 challenge, but it will be ongoing and reflective of various points through the Kyp;/Liz story arc.

[face_dancing]

[face_dancing]

Note #2: PMs available upon request.

~~~~~

Prelude

During that emotionally chaotic period, a therapist requested I keep a diary or journal of my thoughts.

I shrugged off the suggestion as totally a waste of valuable time and as something that would bring no benefit.

But on the eve of becoming a parent (which at one time I never would have believed possible, much less that I'd find someone willing and able to put up with me) -- I feel the need to look back on the highs and lows.

A constant thread and anchor through all of this is my life-partner and heart's joy, Eliziya.

How my stylus even seems to linger over the lovely syllables of her name.

Best to start more or less at the beginning...

++++

TBC and melty melt!

Having a fangirl moment here. :* :* [face_love]

2. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    and a lovely one I presume. Kyp sure is nice to read about PM please

3. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Sweet start! This is going to be a great journal.

4. serendipityaey

serendipityaey Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2004
    Definitely looking forward to more! [face_love] I'd love a pm

5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks all!

:)

A/N: Nikk is Ceil's OC of various ongoing fics. He's a blast.

He comes from a well-off family and loves the ladies; they like him too LOL

He and Kyp snark quite a bit but you can sense the real bromancy affection.

@};-

Having a New Family

Han Solo was more like the older brother/younger uncle type; he was very easy to confide in and his teasing always lightened my moods.

Leia's warmth and early kindness was mitigated later on by circumstances; sadly, she never was able to trust me completely after the Kun fiasco.

Han, however, didn't load me down with lecturing or silent recriminations. He just continued on -- not as if nothing had happened, but as if he were cutting me a break, which he was, and for which I was grateful.

Luke did this also, and he had more reasons than most to officially kick my sorry butt out for good, not just on temporary probation.

His trust warmed me up in ways both professionally and personally.

Luke's a sincere and caring person; if he gives you another chance, he must feel you deserve one, even if you feel like you know you don't.

(Anyone who could feel Vader was worth redeeming is in a class all by themselves.)

As for the Solo kids, they thought of me as Uncle Kyp and never knew much of what was going on -- although in later years, they did hear, quite a lot. :p

But their feelings for me were shaped by relaxing socializing rather than rumors and exaggerations.

I had lost my original birth family tragically when very young. This can lead a person to latch on indiscriminately or hold everyone at a distance.

I was more toward the latter end of the continuum. But the Solos helped ease my isolation.

My circle of friends at the Academy did so even further, especially Nikk Vox - who is flamboyant and outspoken - but loyal to his friends.

As for Liz, she also is in a category all by herself.

+++++

TBC with that nummy side next. :* :*

6. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Very good way for Kyp to miss about his past bad deeds and how others react to them.

Very nice update! :)

[:D]

7. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Love Kyp in this.[face_dancing][face_dancing]

He is really nice and yes with Luke;) and Han as people who care for him:)

8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    [Beyond] Entwined & Entangled - Kyp/OC Viggies.

~~~~

I could never be interested in all the groupies/students who hung around with calf eyes - none of them even struck an answering chord.

Liz's mere presence sings through me, immediately, as soon as she enters a room.

She smirks at me because she knows her effect on me.

I'm sometimes amazed I didn't ask her to marry me in our early days together. Probably we weren't ready. [face_thinking] I know we weren't in many ways, but in the most essential way ... I knew I didn't want to spend my life, give my heart, to another.

She had awakened me -- to love and trust in so manyintriguing ways.

If one thing amazes me more than my eventually working up the nerve to ask her to marry me, it was her quick answer "Yes."

It had nothing to do with "doing the responsible thing" when I found out I was going to be a dad ... that just clinched the entire rightness.

+++++

Nummy! I have missed this!

9. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Sweet! Jade is back in full :D

Beautiful return [face_love]

10. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    I can't even tell you which part is my favorite because all of this is lovely. [face_love]

I missed your mush! Honestly, I did. :D I'm smiling like an idiot right now, just so you know. Please tag me when you update. :)
    These little mushy pieces might actually give my muse a kick start.

11. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Hazel - thanks! :*

Ceillean -- oh yay on all counts, and consider it done! It felt fantabulous writing it let me tell you! [face_dancing] [face_dancing]

[:D] !!!!

12. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    A/N: This post is from Liz's POV.

Soraya and Hera are from Ceil's "Beginnings." They're relations of Kyp's and Liz's respectively.

~~~~

Kyp and I were both of two minds when it came to (on his side of things) establishing ties with a family he hadn't known existed for quite some time. They were breaking new ground, discovering and deepening bonds with no prior expectation or baggage of disappointment and miscommunication.

Soraya's warmth drew Kyp and me in despite ourselves and his customary reticence melted in her genuine gladness.

I, on the other hand, was reestablishing bonds with my Mother, with a lot of past history of miscommunication and noncommunication on both sides.

We were equally motivated to give it a try, however, but we were also wary and trod carefully, like walking through a room rigged with detonators disguised as inocuous fixtures.

:p

~~

Kyp and I were able to share these things with each other. I had been able to share with him astonishingly early in our acquaintance.

It still amazes me how much attraction and comfort I felt for and towards him right from the start.

The attraction part -- =P~ is easy to understand. But I'm not an instantly open and confiding type, but Kyp's genuine caring ... and it didn't hurt that I could tell he found me quite irresistible.

I know this for a fact since he sent me a dozen Aldera roses a month after we started dating and the attached message said he couldn't get me out of his head for an instant; all during the meeting he'd been attending he'd had to fight to pay attention and not think about how I looked in faded cutoff jeans.

I [face_blush] still have those roses, pressed and preserved in a scrapbook. [face_shhh]

I wasn't a romantic before Kyp; he turned me into one!

[face_love]

+++++

SQUEE! out loud!

Sweet Ceillean, here's your Kyp fix and mine.

Tagging readers who've read before: (if you no longer want them, let me know and watch the thread) Hazel earlybird-obi-wan serendipityaey

@};-

[:D] !!!

13. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    I really love this couple. [face_love]

Ceillean likes this.
  14. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001
    Lovely Kyp fix. You know I haven't really written any Kyp action in what seems like months? My muse is pretty quiet. *sighs*

15. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Probably waiting for the shift to final move completion stymied it a bit :( :p -- hopefully things'll rev up again [face_batting] [:D]

16. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    Thanks for tagging me! Lovely mush [face_love] I love the parts about them being able to open up to each other because of the caring, and the fact that he turned her into a romantic because of their sharing and bond. Just so sweet!

17. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Hi, Ashley! :* I adore your siggy. It's beautiful and true, and sounds like something you tell someone or think about someone before you tell them you love them and shall, always. Melty melt! I will have to borrow it for another thingy I'm writing or two. LOL

[face_love]

serendipityaey likes this.
  18. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    I am back and love this sweet viggie

19. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Ceillean Hazel serendipityaey :D earlybird-obi-wan

~~~~~~~

A Necessary Lesson

During our getting adjusted to being a couple phase, Liz and I hardly ever had a difference of opinion. We shared many views in common, and one of us would invariably joke the other out of a discouraged mood.

the one thing we continually snipped over was my participation on missions. She hated that I was seemingly always asked for the most dangerous, thankless tasks. When I had differences with the Jedi Council, she was always on my side.

One time, she told me flatly that I should tell them where to stick it - and if I wanted her to, she'd shove it up there for me ... [face_laugh]

She stormed off to the office. There was a hovertaxi collission with another air-vehicle; I was so afraid it was hers and that the last words we spoke would be angry ones. :( Thankfully, I could tell she wasn't injured, but it was a skylane she usually took, so as soon as I figugred she was at her office, I commed her. She smiled tentatively at me. We spoke our apologies simultaneously.

Since then, we make it a point not to separate without at least starting to clear the air even if we have to pick it up at the end of the day.

Sometimes, the intervening time is necessary to clear our thoughts a bit, but we are each determined to smooth things over and to say "I love you." before going our ways for the day.

++++++

20. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Sometimes, the intervening time is necessary to clear our thoughts a bit, but we are each determined to smooth things over and to say "I love you." before going our ways for the day.

That IS very important. :)

Lovely piece, and so true.

Jade_eyes likes this.
  21. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001
    This is lovely. And it brought a smile to my face. :)

Sounds like a Viggie to me. :p

Jade_eyes likes this.
  22. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Very importan to say that and again a lovely piece

Jade_eyes likes this.
  23. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    Ah a beautiful moment and a lovely development in their relationship. I could just see him being all worried - I bet he would be so happy to have her safe in his arms again [face_love] Lovely!

Jade_eyes likes this.
  24. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Ceillean Hazel serendipityaey earlybird-obi-wan
    ~~~

Whenever I have doubts if I'll be a good father or not, what do I know about that sort of thing? Liz grins and says: Hey, it's you! After all, she points out, her family wasn't all that functional. :p We'll learn the way every other set of parents do: through experience, trial and error, hopefully not too many errors ... :oops: And with the love and respect we feel for one another, that's more than half the essential ingredients.

I am just back from getting Liz some berrybliss icecream and shellfish -- o_O ;) yes, even showing as she is, I think she's lovely. I will think she's lovely when we have great-great-grandlings.

^:)^ She is beautiful inside and out. Her radiance and laughter and love through the Force weaves a tapestry of prismatic colors that I revel in more each day.

25. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    Awww, so adorable getting ready for he little one! His thoughts on how he loves are just so good! Love :D