main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official TCW Clips Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Gry Sarth, Sep 7, 2009.

1. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    I don't know. I mean, we all want the folks we put into positions of leadership to be able to make the tough calls and stick to their guns, yes? Well, part of making those tough calls means being a mature, thoughtful and wise individual and naturally, part an parcel with becoming such a person is asking the hard questions and seeking the truth. The only hesitation on Rex's part that I can recall is when deciding to execute a traitorous commanding officer without the befit of trial. I thought it was shown quite well enough that the "right thing" in this case was not something so simply decided upon as to be entirely black and white. It's a tough call that Rex, as a leader, has taken upon himself to make, and I can think of no rational man would want to be in his shoes at this moment. Rex struggles with the big questions. That is not regression by any means, rather it's indicative of growth in any person - particularly a clone with a history of genectic modification such as these guys. I agree that Umbara had its moments where it lagged and wanted, but Rex's scenes, for me, were not one of them.

2. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
  3. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    No doubt, but I have to ask - Other than the preview clips, I've been unspoiled (so I honestly don't know), but what are we to make of the bearded clone? Could this be our favourite deserter, found-out and forced back into duty? I'm guessing 'no,' as I don't remember Cut ever mentioning having undergone any commando training, and the bearded clone looks to be the commando seen in action here, but for a moment, the thought did cross my mind.

What did the DUM call the new commando? "Breaker," was it? I recall Filoni mentioning some non-Delta commando action this season, but do we know anything more about him yet?

The Mandalore arc looks to be superb, but wow - what to make of Sidious taking on the brothers?!? I just don't know. They had better really have it pay off.

Did Sidious' voice sound like a different voice actor or had Mr. Abercrombie just done that fine of a job? Or is it just me?

4. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    The Commando is called Gregor. Cut crossed my mind but I hope its not him. I feel like it would be cheap for Cut to get pushed back into the military like that. Cut never did answer what's you 'Rank and numbers' though so you never know.

5. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    Interesting...

6. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    I still don't see Wolffe in that promo clip lol.

7. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Its at the 0:32 mark in the CN season 5 promo although looking at it now, looks more like a reg clone.

8. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    It is a regular clone next to Rex and btw... Don't you mean 0:12? Here is the clone with Rex! Seerow

[​IMG]

laloga likes this.
  9. Cary_the_Brave

Cary_the_Brave Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 5, 2012
    ANOTHER evacuation? Eesh

10. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    Indeed. But do not worry! The show will make them as brave as possible even if Rex and co are doing what cowards do - RUUUUNNN! :D

Maybe they go in and try to save Thorn and shockies maybe...

11. Cary_the_Brave

Sep 5, 2012
    Is this how Fives becomes a major character?

12. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    This scene will be part of the Fives arc.

13. Cary_the_Brave

Sep 5, 2012
  14. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    That is what I assume,,,

15. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    Now my Aurebesh is rusty, but is that the "Battle of Serrish" that comes up on Gregor's file as he is scanned? I've never heard of the system and there is no entry for Serrish on the Wook. I didn't translate the rest yet, other than seeing the name "Gregor" listed as well.

Anybody familiar with Serrish? Was my translation accurate?

16. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    There is a Sarrish! A planet and Species. And a battle! ;)

Great spotting eye TreborSabreon

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Battle_of_Sarrish
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Sarrish_(species)

17. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    So this battle of Sarrish already happened and would be where Gregor went AWOL or simply lost his memory and wondered off? Neat...

18. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    I hope it did not and that is another one. When the episodes air, I am sure they will put it as a trivia and explain.

19. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    Great! Thanks for the links, Dan.

Yeah, my thinking was that the suggestion is that this was the battle when Gregor went MIA too, Seerow, but like I said, I didn't translate the rest. Looking forward to it.

20. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    Okay, after looking over the links Dan provided, a couple of things occured to me.

First, tooking at the photo of the Sarrish on the species page in the wook, I think - wow - fierce looking species. Oh, and if one were to bleach the skin and toss a black hood over their head, I can see a Sarrish having a passing resemlance to a certain Dark Lord. :p

Second, if this is the battle is in fact where Gregor first went missing (and the wook entry for the Battle of Sarrish is accurate), then we are now further along in the war than we thought, as the battle is said to have occurred in 20 BBY (and the episode will have to have taken place after this, of course).

Either that, or there will now be an earlier Battle of Sarrish for Gregor to have gone MIA from, or the date of the original will have to be retconned (apparently, the comic where the battle originates states only that the battle occurred "sometime during the war," but the article goes to some lengths to pinpoint the 20 BBY date), or TCW will just ignore more established EU, and even though (where there is no conflict with the films) it bothers me a lot less than some, this is something I'd rather the show's producers not do if it is at all feasible. I hope there is an explanation, one way or another, from on high.

21. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    Your points sound legit... maybe this is one piece of EU TCW will keep.
    It would make sense for Gregor to be there like Fives was on Umbara.

22. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    Now TCW is officially invading the entire Clone Wars timeline, and I don't like it one bit. As I keep saying, the osik is clearly intend to become the definitive story of the Clone Wars.

23. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    Me too... Same here!

24. Cary_the_Brave

Sep 5, 2012
    What can we do? Filoni strictly told his secretary to shred any suggestion or complaint letters from LACWAC.

25. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    So I could not find a thread for Behind the scenes/deleted scenes for TCW or rebels for that matter, although rebels is lacking on the behind the scenes stuff or deleted scenes.

Anyway this is for any BTS stuff/interviews/deleted scenes

So post any good things you find on the internet and we can talk about it here.

(Mods if a thread like this already exists please lock or if you think it better to create one for both rebels and TCW please lock, but a least this time I did check the index thread) :p

Sith Iratus likes this.