main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Things in TPM you thought would come back

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by WhiskeyGold, Feb 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    I thought Maul would somehow survive and play a role in the next two films. Glad they brought him back, regardless.

I thought for sure Anakin would return to Tatooine to free the slaves. I imagined this is how Owen Lars and his wife Beru came into play, that they would be slaves like his mother was. But I liked the storyline with the Tuskens Raiders better, because it again demonstrated how dangerous the sand people were.

I thought Qui-Gon would appear as a Force Ghost.

2. WhiskeyGold

WhiskeyGold Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2001
    cant believe my post is still this active :)

3. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I knew the Sand People were a threat but that really hit it home in Episode 2.

4. K'Kruhk

K'Kruhk Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2011
    The reason why Palpatine chose Naboo is explained in the novel Cloak of Deception, and I can't remember but it may also have been explained in Darth Maul: Shadow Hunter and Darth Plagueis as well.

5. DRush76

DRush76 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 25, 2008

Lucas did not bring back Maul for the next two films . . . only in a few novels. And frankly, I think he should have remained dead. Maul looked "cool" and was obviously excellent with a lightsaber. But I really don't see how he could have fit in the narratives for the other two movies.

6. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    Because if you carry over the character, you alter the narratives for the next two films. So he would fit because he would be made to fit.

7. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    [​IMG]

Ahem.

Not like Sidious needed a terrifying, genocide-prone leader of the Droid Army to scare the Republic into giving Sidious whatever he wanted or anything. Darth Grandpa sure ain't that.

8. WhiskeyGold

WhiskeyGold Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2001
    I hate that the EU brings back Maul, i hate when people bring back dead people. I can give you Boba Fett cause he never really died but this guy was CUT IN TO TWO and fall down the big hole. its just dumb

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.