main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars THE GALAXY AT WAR PART IV: PRISONER OF CORUSCANT

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by pashatemur, Nov 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pashatemur

pashatemur Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 21, 2004
    IC: Sophia Anastasia - Enfanta of Ursa, Marie-Celeste - Reina Mavras of Ursa, Ahsoka Tano - Commissar, Maruuke - Nanny to the Enfanta

"HAN!" Sophia cried out. "What's happened to him?"

"He is just a lil' banged up…" Ahsoka tried to assure her that her best friend would be as right as rain. "He'll be okay.."

Seeing him tucked into bed and being cleaned, Sophia looked on, impeded by the staff and Ahsoka. "But how....did he fall down? Was he in an accident?" Sophia winced at the sight of the cadet's black eye, her face wearing a pout and showing a little worry.

"He's fallen some but I don't know exactly how it all came to be…" Ahsoka answered her. "I found him and brought him back."

"You found him like that? But where? Just like that and nothing wrong?" Sophia asked with suspicion, trying to grasp why he would be in such a bad state. It never occurred to Sophia that anyone except in a story might be beset by such injury.

Ahsoka did not want to cause the young Enfanta any further distress. "He was already hurt when I arrived...."

"But how?" Sophia stepped through the doorway to watch the Emdee clean Han's cuts and scrapes.

"When he wakes up, I'm sure he will let us know and be pleased to see you."

"He didn't tell you?"

Shaking her head,Ahsoka said, "He does not know of me."

Sophia looked to Ahsoka anxiously and put her hands in Ahsoka's. "What if you had not found him, he would be hurting all alone!" She bit her lips and pursed them trying not to cry at the heart rending thought of her friend, her pretend big brother in such a state.

Holding Sophia's hands close, Ahsoka reassure the little princess, "I am good at hu... finding things. I would have found him either way." Ahsoka brought an arm around to hug Sophia. "He will be well again soon."

Sophia smiled a little at Ahsoka's reassuring words and let herself be hugged. Ahsoka had a warm, big hug that was cozy. She bowed her head and watched with an intent sideways glance Han sleeping, her eyes glistening. "I don't want him to go away again. I don't want anything to hurt him ever."

Looking down, Ahsoka could not see Sophia's face, but she knew the tone. "Neither do I," she whispered.

Sophia wished she was still little so she could climb into that warm hug, but she was very tall for her age and soon, it would be difficult to call her a youngling. She would miss being little. Sophia leaned against Ahsoka and nodded, feeling a less unsettled.

"When we fall down, we jump back on our feet again. It's how we learn.... Someone is always there to give a helping hand back up when we need it most, there is always someone even if that someone has to ourselves. But we're here and I think we can give Han that hand when he needs it. Don't you think?"

"I will take care of him," declared Sophia softly.

Smiling at Sophia's resolve, hugging her still, Ahsoka affirmed, "Yes, we can do that for him." Her gaze moved to where Han lay on the bed. She wondered how he had wound up in the position he did. There was something Vos was not telling her, that was clear... but what was it to make events to play out the way they did? She didn't understand from what little pieces of the puzzle she had come across.

Out in the hall, the Reina approached and beckoned Ahsoka and Sophia

Feeling a 'ping', a pressure inside the hollows of her montrals, Ahsoka could almost 'see' the movement behind her and turning her head in the direction whence approached a strong, yet gentle presence, Ahsoka saw Celeste nearing. Nodding to the Reina that she understood, Ahsoka lessened her hug on Sophia. "Let's step out for a brief moment." She whispered.

Sophia nodded and took Ahsoka's hand as they exited the room quietly. The Reina expressed her great relief and gratitude for Ahsoka's efforts. Another lady was ushered into their presence. Tall, with flaxen hair and a big smile, she was introduced as Chief of Police.

Sophia watched her mother receive the lady who bowed formally and called her "Your Majesty." The lady seemed a little nervous, but explained how Miss Tano and the Lederan Vos had joined their efforts to the investigation and how Ahsoka had found Han and Master Vos was at present in pursuit of Han's assailants. Assailants?! Sophia furrowed her brow. It was inconceivable why anyone would want to hurt Han. Just then, Sophia was aware of Artoo's presence and she looked to the astromech with a certain sense of camaraderie. She felt outside the world of the grownups.

Ahsoka looked to both the Reina and Chief Supiro as Supiro spoke. Slightly bowing her head in greeting and acknowledgement. It was something she had forgotten about, having her actions be reviewed by another of status. As the recount continued, Ahsoka reflected upon her own actions and felt that there was nothing she could or would have done differently.

Sophia began to piece together just what had gone on. She listened attentively even as she studied Artoo and he in turn studied her.

As Ahsoka held Sophia's hand, so delicate feeling to the Togruta Jedi, she pursed her lips as Chief Supiro related the details of the case, all which Ahsoka had taken care to withhold before the Enfanta. She had tried not to let on how serious the situation had been for Sophia’s sake, it would upset her further to learn that some nasty people were out there and after her friend.

When Sophia’s father arrived, the adults began to speak in half-sentences. She could feel there were meanings exchanged in silence that the spoken words did not convey. The Enfanta looked from one adult to the other waiting for a chance to show her father how she could converse and hold her own with the adults by expressing interest in the Lady Supiro’s past endeavors, but again the adults made her feel uncomfortable, the Police Chief’s answer to her queries seemingly simple were lace with complex feeling she could sense so clearly in the Force and yet which were too complex for her to understand and she took herself away to sit and read quietly to Han from the tablet she kept in the deep concealed pocket of her satin skirts until some little time later after everyone withdrew when Han began to murmur groggily: "Sophia?...Ugh--y-you got any water around here?" He opened his eyes and Sophia smiled but he seemed in pain and closed his eyes once more, saying, "How 'bout another round of pain meds? I-I feel like I was run over by a herd of angry Grondas."

“Fexy!” whispered Sophia, anxious the Emdee droid would cross quickly to the young cadet’s bed. Han’s dark bruises and raw scrapes and now closed cuts looked like far worse injuries than they actually were to the little Enfanta.

At Han’s voice, Sophia had dropped her reader and crushed her silk skirts against the bedside to see he was truly waking. She’d no idea how relieved she was as the tears welled in her big blue eyes. “Fexy, he’s awake,” she said clutching the covers and then Han’s hand and calling more excitedly to the FX-7.

“Yes, Your Highness.” The droid took a quick analytic scan, flashing a bright light into Han’s one good eye and quickly recording the response of the young human’s pupil. Sophia could not stay out of the droid’s way, she was so elated and finally ran around to the end of the bed and clambered over to slide down the other side and take Han’s other hand impetuously. “Did you worry about me?” she asked hurriedly. “You look awful. I worried so about you, but Papa said you were very strong and it wouldn’t help to worry. Do you hurt very much? I didn’t know you were missing until they brought you back and that made me worry even more! Oh, water!” she said, and let go his hand to run and pour him a glass as the Emdee analytical droid replaced several patches to Han’s knuckles and to his right temple.

“Here!” she said smiling as she hurried back with a glass of water and putting it in his hand only to bringing it to his lips. “I’ll put that one on,” said Sophia with authority she was certain she possesse to the droid who was affixing a small medicated patch over the back of Han’s left hand. Gingerly Sophia took over the effort and smoothed the self-adhesive edges down against his skin being careful not to push too hard. “Better?!”

Sophia wanted to hug her patient, but he was so bruised so she climbed onto the side of the bed to kiss Han’s temple just as she’d seen and felt her mother do and she sat down and beemed at him, willing, without knowing his wounds to repair.
    The droid stood for a moment confused but nodded to her comment made to Han. “The patient needs rest, Your Highness,” said the droid and gesturing to the figure who appeared at the doorway. It was Maruuke, Sophia’s nanny, but the Enfanta was certain her place was with her patient, her big brother, lost and now restored.

“Oh, yes, rest, I know, but I’ll be with him and just see he’s alright,” Sophia insisted and looking to the young man for his concurrence and feeling very protective. “It’s a good thing Ahsoka found you.”

Maruuke curtsied. “Master Han. Welcome. I extend greetings and well wishes on behalf of Mr. Halve back home and all the staff. We’re all glad you are safe and sound,” she said in her thick Ursean accent. Sighing, she wondered just how she was going to induce Sophia to leave Master Solo to his rest.

TAG: Han

2. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: Colonel Sin, Lieutenant Yaer, Captain Sohmer, Commander Merch, Doctor Hno, Ursean embassy grounds.

"ATTENTION!"

Sin looked towards the gathered solemn officers of the Vectis Allstars, as well as the other dignitaries present, the weight of the occasion even permeating his thick skin.

Not faltering with his telekinesis, he transferred the un-adorned coffin smoothly from the LAAT, to the repulsor platform that hovered up to them.

Yaer frowned at the black lozenge as it emerged from the flier. "That's not authorised carry-on luggage; that's a space station!"

The Maruader made sure that the coffin was secure on the Ursean repulsor, and turned to the lieutenant, waving two digits towards her, "That is quite enough, I think, my dear. You are the Krayt's Fire' liaison officer."

R'chael blinked, then took in her surroundings, wondering how she had gotten there. Noticing the General's jacket, she folded it and laid it on the floor of the lartie, then ran her hands down her own uniform, pressing out any undue creases.

Captain Sohmer touched down beside her, while Doctor Hno took up a guard position beside the repulsor, and signalled his jumptrooper trio to drop in too, to the four corners of the hover platform, walking slowly along side it as it returned to the wherever it was programmed to go.

The captain had not been expecting the pomp and ceremony already, but after the handover, and after some forensic checks having been made.
    "Guys, I think this is a saluting situation." He observed quietly, waiting till Merch jumped down beside him, so that Lt. Yaer, Col. Sin, Sohmer and March were standing side by side, with the lartie at their backs. "Atten-tion."

The four saluted their Emperor.

Tag: General Lekhauf, The Almighty and her Allstars, the Re, Reina, their Black Guard, their Black Guards' tennis partners, and a man that the Re met in the officers' mess called Vos

OOC: OOC based on Blackadder the Fourth.

3. pashatemur

Jun 21, 2004
    OOC: A joint post with C_O. Thank you, again, C_O.

IC: Anakin - Lord Vader, Commissar Ahsoka Tano, General Lekhauf, Doctor Molita

The whirring chorus of holo globes was lost to the roar of the LAAT’s repulsors and the wind. They hovered close overhead of the disembarking party to record the somber occasion; their identification tags fluttering and catching the growing light showed like silver confetti in contrast to the sobriety of the moment. Marching as one and slowly, the color guard halted close to the LAAT’s doors and took up position in front and back of the palette upon which Sin had rested the sleek black medicapsule that was the sarcophagus of Palpatine I. White armor lined the way on either side of the cortege forming an alley from the transport to where young Emperor stood 60 meters away, Commissar Tano at his side.

To Anakin, the strains of the Imperial march seemed garish and almost to play in parody to the moment. Rather than sweeping heroic leaps, the horns seemed to squawk and drawl like a circus orchestra. Pursing his lips in forbearance, he could not help but bristle over the thought that this ceremony would be trotted out yet again once the body was installed at the Senate. He lifted his chin as he noted the frustration and anger pouring from the LAAT was good indication that Colonel Sin had been up to his usual brand of humor and Anakin couldn’t help but wonder if the Sith had not cut another useless hole in the something. Sin liked the grand flourish and was not long on grey cells.

Anakin sighed, blinking slowly. Keenly aware of life roiling all around him, time seemed momentarily to stretch. The Force was showing him something, something was changing and he was at a moment of decision, he could feel it.

The growl in his chest came to nothing on the wind and he hoped Ahsoka at his side was not second guessing her decision to throw in her lot with him. It is past, done. I cannot allow Sidious to control my actions and thoughts anymore, even in death or ...otherwise, Anakin silently admitted to himself. Your words are empty to me and your reign, over.

Time to claim the legacy of the Sith had left behind, yes, now there was Sin who at least recognized that even he must obey the conventions of society. Anakin watched Sin approach. He could see, the marauder must have felt Celeste nearby, indeed, she watched from the Embassy several levels up and behind them.

Standing tall beside her Master, only subtle movements animated the otherwise still Ahsoka; the smooth and slight twitching of her lekku tips as the wind buffered them against her, the blinking of her lids and the steady flow of her breathing. Her large, blue eyes were alert as she felt the mounting anticipation in the surreal atmosphere. The gunship had landed and a small group could be visible from within the hold, there were two items she noted immediately as they stood out in the group disembarking; A garishly dressed, very sickly pale skinned male and a sleek black coffin that she assumed contained the remains of the former Chancellor of the Republic. 'Which one's the corpse?' she wondered, perplexity creasing her otherwise smooth brow for an instant.

Already, she could feel a slow burn rising within Anakin compelling her to exude calm. Her eyes studied the pale visage of the approaching man flamboyantly dressed in a scarlet great coat with a preponderance of buckles. This must be the one known as Sin. An unpleasant sensation coursing her spine along with the forming of a sour taste in her mouth signalled to Ahsoka. ?Something is not right about all this?, she surmised to herself, though some of her thoughts bled out to the bond and in return much of Anakin's thoughts were among her own. This was of a deeper level than that of her own distaste. A cold ‘burn’ and she understood that this meeting had great intent beyond the momentous historical event and the metaphysical change that would come of the Sith Lord’s passing.

Ahsoka touched Anakin’s mind lightly to return the same soothing assuring words that he’d given to her, lending him her strength if he needed her as he had done just moments ago for her. The corner of her mouth and the tips of her lekku twitched with displeasure as the coffin was unceremoniously and disrespectfully shoved out of the vehicle’s hold by Sin’s gratuitous use of the Force. //This will be over soon.//

Sin had exited the LAAT with bravado so intense it was palpable clear across the tarmac. In his haste to one-ups Captain Sohmer, it’s clear he’d inconvenienced the Captain, who exited the LAAT behind Sin, Sohmer putting himself to rights in subtle manner and now General Lekhauf could be spied wearing a very neutral but stiff expression and uncharacteristically out of uniform and now Sin was the soul of reverence!

Anakin inhaled and grasped one reborn hand with the other at his back. Not even 12 hours from his healing and now came this first test.

There is no cure, only patience. There is no switch to “turn off” the dark, only awareness. Knowledge is not understanding...I only wish I knew what is, the would-be Emperor said to himself. Recriminations would not work with Sin, but a Draconian solution would definitely not improve Anakin’s position concerning reforming the government. He had already decided the course of action he must take regarding the “Hand.” The satisfaction would be fleeting and how will they believe I will not capriciously exercise my prerogative again? No. I've rooted my feet to this spot, clasped my fists behind me, set my face and bottled "the genie."

The rows of stormtroopers lined-up to either side of Captain Sohmer’s crew and the palette left no mistake as to the course the rag tag cortege must take. The repulsor palette manoeuvred under the capsule, the ceremonial Imperial guard formed a scarlet wall to receive the corpse and catch hold of the bullet shaped casket and before the new Emperor who waited as they draped the casket with the Imperial flag.

The Re stepped forward in silence looking down on the draped container, his hand upon it's hard surface, feeling the residue of the familiar, knowing from his sensing, this was no trick or Dathomiric illusion: Sidious' remains were centimeters beneath his hand, though for a brief moment, he lifted the drape to gaze through the clear window at the oddly serene face of ‘Uncle Dantius’ in his litter, seemingly asleep, he hoped and never to wake.

He did not spare Sin a glance while the Marauder stood close by. What I feel at this moment I could not expect another soul to understand. Rage, bitter failure, loss and joy. He was happy for the wind gusting and unraveling Sin's frivolous toque, the sash of it flown clear across the tarmac. The man who was Palpatine, who was Sidious, he believed he'd caught Anakin in his trap, smug in victory, assured of his prowess and cunning. But his body would soon enough be dust, the place of his demise - remote. Did he foresee his death? Was there a clone even now rising with his transferred soul and hopefully not. Yet, all that knowledge...dust!

Allowing Anakin a moment to his thoughts and privacy, Ahsoka looked on as her Master inspected and reflected in silence over the remains. She had a rough sense of what he must be feeling but she wondered what it was truly like for him after being a prisoner for so long, ’was there some great weight that was lifted? A release of pressure? No more shackles.’

The Black, Senate, and Ursean Palace Guards now joined the Imperial and Sohmer’s Jumptroopers. The Black Guard saluted the Jumptroopers and their team leader, the clawdite Dr. Hno and gesturing they were now taking receipt of the capsule, they took up position at the corners previously occupied by the 4 jumptroopers.

Anakin stood, head bowed as a volley of neutral cannon-shot rumbled overhead and as the largest bell of the Basilica above on the mountain top rang, he replaced the drape and lifted his head, signaling . The guards lead the palette with the medicapsule and Emperor Palpatine I remains away from the band, the troopers, dignitaries, sycophants, dupes and survivors and into the corridor leading to the hospital operating theatre where the autopsy would begin.

The way was barred to further egress by anyone else. The capsule was behind the guarded entrance now and deposited amongst the waiting staff.

Before giving his attention to Sin, the Re looked to Ahsoka at his side. He knew she must have felt the cold, the very deepest of the dark as it passed. She stood proxy here, when not a decade before, so many would have stood. How odd the moment should pass so simply and now it was over.

Colonel Sin could not do otherwise but stand before the Re and new Emperor, Colonel Lekhauf at his back, Captain Sohmer, Commander Merch and Lt. Yaer, as well.

Finally, without rage, Anakin met Sin’s gaze and smiling, breathed freely.

"I am in your debt for the return of the corpse, Col. Sin, which is why I will see to it, you receive a fair trial. General Lekhauf, arrest Col. Sin for gross insubordination and high treason, for dereliction of duty in the field of battle and for the destruction of the People’s Palace."

"As you command, Your Majesty! General Lekhauf saluted his Re and Emperor with a crisp bow and finished donning his dress jacket as he informed the notorious “loose-canon,” ” Col. Sin, you are under arrest by order of your Supreme Commander and Imperial Executor for the reasons just stated. You will submit and go in complete compliance immediately. Attempts to do otherwise on your part will be taken as further evidence of your intent and you will be summarily executed. Sergeant, cuff the prisoner," Lekhauf said coolly, dispatching his orders efficiently. A pair of Force suppressing cuffs were held at the ready and clamped quickly around the prisoner's wrists. The guards moved in tight formation to carry out this part of their orders and cordoned Sin from the others.

Ahsoka lips pursed slightly as Lekhauf told the scandalmonger his rights. It was more than he deserved, but she was glad. Though on the outside, she kept her expression neutral and her thoughts to herself, her eyes taking in the whole scene as the force suppressing cuffs were fastened tightly on Sin. Her chin lifted slightly as she looked down upon that man, his presence oozing oiliness and saccharin... repulsive. An acrid and rotting scent tingled her nose, it had emitted from the man and carried by the breeze, the strength was faint but the combination was distinct from a specific type of geography... brimstone.

“Captain Sohmer, I presume!” said Anakin greeting the captain and his crew with a nod and a appraising glance. The Force only knew what paces Sin had put them through. They had no idea how fortunate they were they’d made it back without further loss or damage. “Welcome to the Ursean Embassy. This is my Commissar, Miss Tano,” he said with greater ease, as the noise from the engines of vehicles on the landing area had ceased. He gestured to Captain Vectis and her officers. “We’ll complete introductions and debriefing may precede quickly inside. Please...this way.” the young Emperor said without further formality. “Miss Tano, you might inform Col. Sin how his cooperation will stand him in good stead and allay his immediate concerns. He is expected to debrief with the others. Anakin required a concerted effort to manage both Sin and the two groups who had aided in both the victorious battle and in finding and bringing Palpatine’s corpse safely home. ”Captain Sohmer, Captain Vectis, please, walk with me.” he said urging the two leaders to fall in beside him. He looked quickly to Lekhauf and to Ahsoka, the General taking up position alongside Sin and his guards.

Lekhauf in turn nodded to Commissar Tano. “Commissar, ready as you are. Col. Sin, shall we?” The guards marched as directed by the General and they fell in behind the officers of the AllStars and Krayt’s Fire.

On the tarmac, the band and troopers could be heard dismissed.

The doors closed behind the large group and the quiet reverberation of the polished stone colonnade softly blurred and slightly magnified their voices as they passed offices and officers of the USF and Empire who were busy seeing to the communication between the new Palace, the Ursean Embassy and the Imperial bureaucracy. “I take it your journey from the space port to the Embassy was not without event, Captain Sohmer. Colonel Sin, when not brooding, is often busy at some private joke to which the rest of the Universe is sadly not privy. said Anakin, inviting the Captain to speak freely... He looked to Scyther Vectis in assurance he meant her to be included.

Inside, the corridors to the hospital rang with the clatter of armoured feet as the medicapsule was hastily cleared of the Imperial flag and the lid retracted to reveal the already decayed corpse in rigor. An immediate DNA sample verified it was indeed the remains of Palpatine I. Shortly, his last meal eaten aboard his spectacularly huge and now defunct destroyer would be confirmed as still in his system, half digested by the time of his demise.

The clang and clip of metal tools, the quiet clinical hum of the Emdee's and hospital reigned over the transference of the body to the table and the table to the theatre where Dr. Molita, Ranth and Senob stood all anticipating this very moment. It felt to Molita that he'd been waiting since a quarter of a year or was it actually more like 2 years?

Celeste turned from the mullioned window to leave the vestibule from which she’d observed the goings on below. Smoothing her skirts, she returned her attentions to the aide who was going over the preparation and plans for the Senate reception later that evening. ”Yes, please go on, what were you saying...forgive me...”

TAG: Colonel Sin, Commissar Tano, Captain Vectis + All Stars, Captain Sohmer, Commander Merch, Lieutenant Yaer, Doctor Hno

4. LadyZaraMarta

LadyZaraMarta Jedi Master star 5

Aug 21, 2004
    OOC: This is a joint post with C_O and Pasha. It was a very long but rewarding, if involved post. Thank you all for your patience these past months.

IC: Queen Sabe Amidala II of Naboo; Dr. Giles Senob Court Medic of Naboo; Dr. Sigit Ranth, personal physician to Emperor Palpatine I and his wife, Mrs. Zinthia Ranth; Senators Riyu Chuchi and Bail Organa; Dr. Molita, Surgeon General of Ursa
    LOCATIONS: Coruscant: Sigit Ranth?s apartment, traffic grid, Ursean Embassy

Part I

"What information do you have on this Sigit Ranth?"

"Very little," replied Sabe sliding her hand into a burgundy glove. She was at last out of the Executor?s Office on an assignment many people would find horrific - the examination of the mortal remains of the late emperor. The gruesome task had been assigned to her by the Executor, Lord Vader, who was now heralded as Palpatine?s successor. Sabe, however, was looking forward to seeing the battered corpse of the man who had caused so much suffering in the galaxy as well as to her family. She only wished she had been there to see Palpatine's final moments.

The enclosed black speeder hurried along the reserved airlane for those on government business. In front and behind the government vehicle were a mixture of Naboo and Ursean security. The speeder-cade had detoured from its destination to pick up Dr Giles Senob, official court physician to Her Highness, Queen Amidala II. Sabe had known Giles Senob for years and and yet lately, Amidala had wondered if she truly knew the good doctor.

Sabe knew Giles had suffered personal tragedy in his life years ago with the deaths of his only child and wife. He had grown to love Padme Amidala as he would his own child. With her death, Giles attempted to drown his pain with alcohol, leaving the ARR in which he had been a founding member. He had clawed his way back to sobriety and was once more in the same office he held before joining the Alliance. Sabe knew Senob's mother was still alive and well on Naboo and mother and son shared a close bond. GIles never mentioned his father.

Sabe cast her eyes upon the antique black physician's bag currently resting upon the gray upholstery beside Senob. The medical bag was practically an extension of Doctor. She hardly ever saw Giles without it. From that bag, the doctor would withdraw all types of potions, pills, liquids and medical instruments. Amidala was always curious about the case and would love to peer into it. It appeared as she joked that it was bottomless - no doubt she theorized - it lead into another dimension.

Seeing her eyes upon his medical bag, Senob lightly rested his hand upon it, as if guessing her thoughts.

"Sigit Ranth has been seldom holographed. He prefers to stay in the shadows. He is a middle aged human male with brown hair and goatee. Ranth became Palpatine's personal physician 12 years ago. I was able to access a list of Palpatine's personal servants and discovered he is paid a salary of 600,000 credits a year as the Emperor's personal physician."

Senob whistled. "With a salary like that he could buy his own planet in a few years!...Perhaps I’m working too cheap...” Giles gave Sabe one of his rare smiles.

"I was able to have all his monetary accounts frozen, so he won’t be able to access any funds if he decides Coruscant no longer suits him.” Sabe slid her other glove on. "Oh, I did discover a few years ago he stayed for a time on Kamino studying their cloning techniques.” Sabe paused. "It would not go well for the galaxy if there were a bunch of clones of Palpatine wandering about."

"No, I daresay not."

"Currently Dr Ranth is being held under house arrest and Palpatine’s personal quarters and Ranth’s office and laboratory are forcesealed, monitored and under heavy guard. If anyone besides Anakin Skywaker or myself attempts to approach either premises, the guards are ordered to handle them with extreme prejudice...."

"Meaning?"

"They will be killed," she said flatly.

"You know, Sabe, a few years ago I wrote a research paper on the clones. The Kamino’s did not design them for a long life span originally. They were made to be expendable."

Amidala shook her head in disgust. "Disposable soldiers - designed for war and killing."
    They were quickly passing civilian speeders snarled in the usual jam of rush hour commuting. "Even the bombing of the Senate and the end of the war does not slow Coruscant rush hour."

Turning from the view of the shiny, reaching 'scrapers and the speeder full of commuters going nowhere fast, Sabe focused her eyes on Senob.

"Do you think the war is truly over, Giles? Or is this just a pause?" Sabe spoke in a half whisper, fearing if she spoke too loud, the war would begin again right over their heads.

Giles did not reply right away, when he did his tone was solemn."I would like to think it was over, Sabe - but I believe we have reached the end of one chapter and are beginning a new. I don’t have the ability to skip chapters and peek ahead at the last pages - don’t know if I would want to." The doctor raised an eyebrow. "You’ve developed through the years a talent for observation; what are your thoughts upon the subject?"

Ranth looked from one Imperial guard to the other and careful not to raise his voice he asked for the third time, ”This is preposterous! Yesterday, I was free to come and go as I pleased. I demand to know why I am suffering this imposition!"

There was no answer offered.

He harrumphed. Neither scarlet clad guard had moved from their post nor had they answered or made any sign they would. At least he was not being taken away. They needed him, though exactly who ‘they’ were and ‘why’ he was not sure. His house arrest was perfunctory and his readiness for surgery required, this was all he had been told; the communication had come directly from the Office of the Executor, though why the Supreme Commander of the military should issue such an order he had no idea.

"Listen, I have the ear of the Emperor and when he returns, I intend to see you are both roundly rewarded for this treachery. Think! If the Executor is usurping the throne, do you believe your actions will count as loyal to His Majesty the rightful Emperor?" Ranth queried, his back to both guards.

There was some movement from one, but both remained at their stations.

"I was unaware Lord Vader bore me any ill, but perhaps..." said Ranth about to speak words he suddenly realized he’d better keep to himself. Suddenly, he felt like a dolt and clenched his fists beneath his long sleeved coat. Reconsidering, he said, "The Emperor’s second - do you think he will fare well under the Emperor’s consideratio..."

"His Majesty, Palpatine I is dead, Doctor. We are sworn to the throne, not to dead men," stated one of the guards in a rare moment of self-possession. "If the Executor commands the throne, then we are sworn to his command. The Provisional Law is self-evident and as it was writ by the late Emperor, we obey! Your transportation is due to arrive presently, sir. See you have your implements at the ready," the speaking guard said stepping forward on emphasis, his scarlet robes swaying.

"Sigit, dahhhhhrling!" Ranth’s ‘Jura-bunch’ trotted forward on her very high-heels, her ample acreage burgeoning over her flounced collar. "Will you be home in time for the theatre?" She threw her arms around the Doctor whom she topped by a head and nearly a half so that her embrace buried his face in her blouse smothering his bravado, "If we have to buy two extra seats for our friends, here, we are going to the theatre!"

"You have said your farewell, it is time," said the guard urging the Doctor to step out to his terrace landing pad; Coruscant morning rush crisscrossing the open skies in the distance.

Ranth walked still holding Zinthea’s hand and kissing all the while till he had to let go and she waved after him profusely trotting along after the Imperial Guards, her serving maid covering her face with a pillow from the bank of sofas at the comical sight.

To say that Mrs. Doctor Ranth had big hair was an understatement of profound proportion and her flounces were equal in portion to her red hair which now blew every which way as she trailed the entourage out onto the wide garden terrace, wobbling against the wind and completely oblivious to the gravity of her husband’s situation.

"I fear looking over a precipice into an abyss, doctor." Amidala shrugged. "I’ve become rather sarcastic these past years."

"You? Hardly my dear. I am the master of sarcasm. You do not come near. However...I did catch Hsur Hgubmil’s report. There is a worthy rival. I’m wondering if he does his commentaries tongue in cheek or he really believes what he is spewing. Did you see his interview with Vader and his final comments?"

"Yes I did, and I have no comment on any of it."

"Get use to it."

"Hmmpf...." Seeing their destination coming into view Sabe’s fingers touched the blaster at her hip.

"Do you think you are going to need that? You have bodyguards."

"Old habits die hard, doctor. Besides, have you looked around? Smoke still rises from areas of the Senate and bodies are still being removed. Who knows...."

"....what evil lurks in the shadows?"

From the terrace, the guards watched the sleek black speeder approach down from the VIP lanes and both wondered how they would all fit into the vehicle. One removed a helmet and then the other, tucking them under their arms and telescoping their pikes.

"Will these people tell me what this is all about?" asked the Doctor waving off his wife, now tired of blowing kisses and waving himself.

The guard had to lean in closer to hear and Ranth repeated his question to which the guard shrugged in silence.

Senob peered out of the window of the luxury speeder. "This side of the Palace doesn’t look too bad." Giles was referring to the damage done earlier by an as-yet-unknown assailant. The explosions at the Palace happened three nights before the bombing of the Senate.

"Too bad the terrorist’s mark was off. Should have hit the Palace instead of the Senate. Would have improved the Coruscant skyline immensely."

Senob laughed."See the man with the sign ‘Burn , baby burn’? I’d like to shake his hand."

Securing the area above, the combined Ursean and Naboo forces gave the go ahead for the speeder carrying the Naboo queen to land.

The Imperial guards extended their arms and pushed Ranth back as the speeder with it’s guard escorts pulled up. Both guards then stood at attention as the arriving guest speeder opened and both saluted.

Amidala leaned over to Senob before disembarking, "Never thought I would be saluted by Imperials."

The sole Naboo guard who rode ‘shotgun’ opened the rear passenger door, and Sabe Amidala , free for the moment of ceremonial garb stepped forth. Her tunic and pants were of burgundy, the
    trousers tucked into black boots. Sabe was taking no chances and underneath wore lightweight protective blastwear. Her chestnut colored hair was plaited and gathered about the nape of her neck.

The Imperial guards stepped to either side of Dr. Ranth and waited for an indication by the emissary of the throne as to how they would proceed.

Sabe nodded to the guards and turned slightly, waiting for Senob to join her, his ever present med bag clutched in his left hand.

Ranth looked confused and Zinthea courtsied behind her husband and saying, "Your Highness, what an honor." The Doctor turned and looked to her angrily as if to say, ‘Are you serious?’ However, he was obliged to bow and so he did if a bit reluctantly.

"Your Highness? I’d like to express the same as my wife, but I demand to know why I am confined and why the Queen of Naboo is paying me a call! By what authority do you detain me," he queried with impatience, flapping his arms and shaking his valise.

"Oh, Sigit," Zinthea chided in a quick whisper, having run round the Imperial Guards to bob another courtesy to the pretty Queen. Her arms went round her husband, her fucshia flounces cascading over his austere overcoat of costly dark maroon trapunto-ed heavy silk. Ranth, rather than subdued and reassured, however, shrugged her embrace off and advanced a pace in frustration.

Senob leaned over and whispered in Amidala’s ear, "Evidently he does not watch HNN."

"Not now, Giles," Sabe whispered from the corner of her mouth. Amidala stepped forward, her eyes having already studied the doctor’s wife, noting the mountain of flame red hair and ...obviously enhanced twin peaks. Ranth’s life partner, Sabe thought to herself, must be an adherent to the philosophy “more is …more!”

Afraid of laughing, Amidala focused her attention upon Sigit Ranth.

"Sigit Ranth, you are correct in that I have detained you. I have done so through the power invested in me by the Office of the Imperial Executor, Lord Vader, now Emperor. He has charged me to conduct a formal investigation into the death of Palpatine and to arrange the deposition of the body. As the deceased’s personal physician ( Sabe refused to call Palpatine, Emperor) your knowledge of his medical condition will prove insightful. This shall be the last service you shall render your late employer. Two other doctors shall attending at the autopsy." Amidala turned slightly towards Giles, raising her hand, "This is Doctor Giles Senob, court physician attached to Theed Palace. The other attending physician will be Doctor Molita of Ursa."

The Naboo paused for Ranth to digest her pronouncement.

Ranth looked from the Queen in her soinee suit to the other physician and sized him up with a sneer. "I am familiar with Dr. Senob of Naboo. There isn’t a physician in this galaxy who is not. You used to contribute to the journals quite a bit in your day. Your case studies alone are legend, you know. I studied many of them myself. You have quite a list of credits to your name, Doctor. In fact I was surprised the Emperor chose me over you as court physik - but then, you did have that problem addiction. How is that now?" said Ranth with a serpent’s smile before returning to a deep scowl.

Then, without waiting for a response, he turned toward Amidala. "Deposition?" His somber scowl turned to a smile. "I am intimately familiar with the Emperor, Your Highness. But you know, Lord Vader needn’t have place me under guard to respond to a deposition. I’ll gladly see to the autopsy." He glared at her defiantly. "I do, though, take exception to Vader sending his Doxie as messenger!"

"SIGIT!" cried Zinthea. "Oh Your Highness, forgive my dear husband. He’s been under some distress and …"

"My dumpling, SHUT IT!" said Ranth snapping his fingers, which evidently meant something very specific to Zinthea who backed away chided and meek. She was a tall woman to begin with, and in her high heels, even more statuesque, her face quite beautiful under her garrish make-up. Her made to order bigger than life attributes gave her an almost cartoonish exaggeration. Yet, as grand as she was, she seemed to shrink.

"Well? Are you my escort then?" asked Ranth imperiously.

Sabe failed at her attempt not to grin."I do suppose being the Emperor’s personal physician for so many years does give one a certain attitude. Though, I wonder when you look upon him this time if it will be the first you will not be frightened of him." Sabe looked about and then gave the doctor a brilliant smile."I know you will be most happy to cooperate. Are you ready?"

"You?! Who are you anyway?" said Ranth angrily.

"Of course, unlike for so many others, your severance will compensate you well for your service." Sabe continued with a smile.

"This is a travesty, you know that?! I’ll play along with you for now," said Ranth with a laugh, now wishing he’d not spent the last two weeks in indolent holiday with Zinthea but had, at least in the past two days bid up his worth to those who had a vested interest in opposing Vader’s play for the throne. At least he could have made a handsome profit until the Emperor returned at which time he would be rewarded for pointing out the traitors and their deeds. He smiled outwardly and gestured obsequiously for the Queen to go before him.

They would all get their comeuppance when the Emperor with his cloned body returned! Let them hang themselves.

"Madam, I am afraid you must remain here in your home for now." Sabe pronounced. "I know it is an inconvenience, but I think you will be safer here. The entire planet is on high alert."

Zinthea looked to the Queen in confusion, completely shocked at the way her husband behaved to the noble woman. The Queen’s words, however made no sense to her."No... no inconvenience, but you will return my husband, won’t you?"

"Of course, madam, I’m sure you will be allowed to see him. I wouldn’t wait up."

Zinthea curtsied again, though awkwardly as she balanced precariously on her fashion ware.

Senob waited quietly, glad to see the barbs Ranth had thrown against Sabe had not effected her. He did however feel a little pity for Ranth’s spouse. It was apparent she loved her husband and did not realize the scum he truly was.

"Shall we go!" the Doctor asked walking around the Naboo, the Imperial Guard skirting both Dr. Senob and the Queen to catch the Doctor before he stepped into the speeder.

Suddenly, Senob was by Ranth’s side and placed his hand firmly on the physician’s elbow.
    "Shall we wait for Her Highness, as true gentlemen?"

"I don’t need to prove anything to you or Queen Tart," said Ranth and he pushed through an into the speeder, the two Imperial Guards after him, stooping to fit into the vehicle.

Sabe shrugged at Giles and smiled "We’re going to have so much fun." She entered the limo in turn sitting across from Ranth, who now sat in the middle of the two crimson guards.

Dr Senob approached Zinthea and taking her hand, raising it to his lips. "Madam, good day."

Zinthea seemed almost afraid to enjoy the courtesy that Dr. Senob showed her, but she smiled without pretense and raised her head to blink and mouth good-bye, a frailty in her gaze. She so seldom got out and court occasions were always very trying to maneuvered through, the people always talking over her head. Sigit had long ago told her she was not to talk at such functions. So she spent most of those affairs being scolded by Ranth to sit up, hold her head up, lift her chin or hold her shoulders back. She waved once and held her flounces down as she watched Dr. Senob return to the speeder and then watched it depart. There was always a moment of pure quiet when Sigit left, as if the apartment had been overstuffed and now she could breathe.

Part II

As the speeder became airborne, Sabe sitting opposite of Ranth likened him to a deli sandwich- a piece of meat squeezed in between two pieces of red piata bread. The doctor did not look comfortable whatsoever.

/I’m hungry /, Sabe thought. The sandwich brought to her by Senator Organa did not last long. Despite Anakin’s chiding, she DID eat. She just had a high metabolism. It seemed to Sabe
    her metabolism increased after Anakin’s midichloreans entered her bloodstream. Her stomach growled, slightly embarrassed, Sabe placed a hand on her stomach in an effort to control it.

Senob opened his med bag and rummaging about, brought forth a nutritional bar.

"Energy bar?" He offered. “High in protein and all the other good stuff. ‘Has choco as well."

"Thank you, doctor. I believe I will." Opening the seal, Sabe pushed the bar upwards and took a bite. “Would you care for an energy bar as well, Doctor Ranth? I’m sure Senob has another. We are going to be busy for awhile."

Ranth wrinkled his nose at her offer and turned to look out of the window and seeing the traffic around the Ursean Embassy as they approached he leaned forward. The municipals and Planetary Defense had clearly shut down traffic lanes around the ancient complex of towers and domes and it looked to him that the mountain and the basilica court had been reinforced with temporary emplacements.

He cursed to himself he’d not been more alert after the Emperor’s departure. Ranth had taken the opportunity to take a holiday for himself. After all, he’d narrowly escaped being carried along to the battle front himself. Like anyone of much age in his profession, he done a tour of duty as a field doctor back during the days of the Republic. Space travel was not agreeable to him and he hated the pace and stress of hovering so near battle, the chance he might himself be called upon to fall in with the troopers should the unthinkable happen, a major deterrent.

From the looks of things, the "temporary" Imperial Palace was taking many precautions against possible violent opposition to the Executor’s ascendancy to the throne.

They were landing and he would gratefully be allowed to escape the indignity of sharing close quarters with Vader’s trollop. Although, he could not deny she was pretty, but he couldn’t imagine snuggling up close to that hard little body of a chilly evening - no roundness! That could be easily fixed, though.

When indeed the speeder was cleared it’s escort lead the way down to an interior court high up on the Embassy campus. Dr. Molita, the Re’s Ursean physician, with several of his staff stood waiting accompanied by Black Guard and an Ursean Security Forces detail.

The dark haired Ursean waited in his long frock coat of charcoal grey, the repulsors blowing gusts up off the landing court and flying the hem of the calf length garment about his trouser legs and boot tops. He stood a somber figure against the old orange stained pale stones of the Embassy with it’s pointed arch windows, minarets, domes and spires.

Amidala stepped out of the speeder, pausing to wait for Dr. Senob and Ranth. When the two physicians had disembarked she walked purposefully towards Dr. Molita and his staff.

"Good morning Dr. Molita." Sabe extended her hand.

Molita clicked heels and bowed crisply in salute to the Queen. "Your Highness," he said raising his eyes to meet hers, but keeping his head inclined until she spoke.

Ranth looked on noneplussed.

/I suppose I’ve just committed a breach of Ursean court etiquette by extending my hand to him/ Sabe thought. She continued to hold out her hand. ”Thank you, Dr Molita for agreeing to lend your expertise in this delicate matter."

Dr. Molita blinked and nodded in concurrence as he did not skip a beat, but took the delicate hand proffered to bend low and kiss the air that lay between his lips and the Queen’s fine skin, a little taken aback at the honor she did him in allowing him to touch her person.

"In the service of the Re, Your Highness... and how could I refuse your request. All in the cause of resolution and harmony. It is my honor to serve," he affirmed and then smiled to her before looking to Dr. Senob. "Herr Doctor Senob, it is a privilege, Sir. Welcome to the Ursean Embassy. Dr. Ranth, welcome. The late Emperor’s remains have not yet arrived, but I can show you the facility we have prepared. Others of the Ruling Council are waiting. Come, I’ll show you. We should make our records and archive our individual particulars at any rate. That way we can get this surgery underway as soon as the body has arrived." He gestured to them all to follow, though it was clear he deferred to Amidala.

Senob nodded his head and almost clicked his heels in return, but decided against doing so, for Sabe would give him one of her infamous hard stares.

"Come along Ranth," he said instead.

"I trust you had some rest this morning, Your Highness," said Molita to Amidala as they walked along, wishing he might have had more himself. The healing left him drained, but he’d had an injection of vitamins and spent the wee hours in rest, recovering from shock. He had an assistant at hand should his weakness require him to recuse himself from the surgery.

"Yes, thank you," she replied."[/color]I must compliment you doctor on your miraculous skills. I’ve conversed with Lord Vader, and he looks - amazing - and his arm....in just a few hours his mechanical arm has been replaced with one of flesh and blood. How did you accomplish such a miracle?"[/color] Sabe was curious as to what he would say - although she had a good guess it had to do with some Jedi healing technique. But then - why had Anakin not healed himself before this, if it had been possible?

Molita cleared his throat. "You ...eh...noted that?!" Molita sighed, “It was a combined effort, Your Highness, and a new medical strategy for me... some of the outcomes were … a happy surprise. I am not entirely certain how to explain it yet, but you can be sure, I have much work ahead of me in committing the procedure to journal. Yet, it was … simple in the most seminal sense...and the most life affirming few hours of my entire life," he said still in awe, true humility and prudence. ”Life is an amazing thing!" He spoke to her quietly, not wishing to broadcast what was still an evolving event in his mind, a catharsis that he knew had changed him forever. His mind contained some part of each of the other men’s memories and he had to surpress them just now, to make sense of his world. "I do not mean to evade your question. I must tell you, I’m still somewhat shaken by the healing, tired. In the end, Your Highness, the therapy was quite simple and a matter of something inhate in all living things, as you know, we Ursean feel the Force quite palpably and it is a medium, in a way, in which we live, well..." He turned to smile down at her. "We’ve all been through quite a bit in the past 54 hours," he said knowing that Amidala herself had had much to handle herself in the past 2 days.

"How fascinating doctor. I take it, then, besides Lord Vader and yourself, another was involved. A Jedi - Vos perhaps?"

Molita smiled quietly. "I should like to discuss with you. It was truly amazing, but I have spoken openly and already out of the confidence it is my duty to keep, but as you were with my Re during his difficulty and tended him, you are privileged in by association. Dear Lady, do not think me lacking in my regard, but perhaps later when we are not both moving in haste from point A to point B we might have authority and the breath to speak further." He paused and leaned to her, ”I wish to thank you for all you have done and now I cannot properly express it. I beg you, will you hear me another time?"

"I would be honored if you would be my guest at dinner sometime in the near future, Doctor Molita. I have known your Re since he was a small child, as young as the Enfanta Sophia Anastasia. He is …” Amidala paused choosing her words carefully "He saved Naboo from the occupation of the Trade Federation and he is most dear to my heart."

"Then His Majesty is indeed a most fortunate man," said Molita showing his clearance card to the scanner and guards before a set of large double doors at the end of a long marble corridor.

During their conversation, Ranth had listened acutely, but the Naboo and the Ursean had spoken softly and Ranth and Senob had been held back by several paces while the others spoke ahead of them. Their footsteps had echoed on the polished stone floors. It had been maddening to try to catch the conversation. Ranth glared at the backs of the heads he followed.

Senob took in all - noting the family portrait in gilded frame of the Ursean royal family. From time to time he glanced at Ranth who was trying very hard to listen to the conversation between Amidala and his Ursean counterpart.

"So, Doctor Ranth how did you come to be employed by Palpatine?" Inquired Senob.

"My superior expertise in the field," said Ranth without change of expression. He had scowled at the same family portrait Senob had observed as they crossed one of the Embassy’s rotundas. The large painting was not unlike such works of art commemorating society’s personages of note. The small family stood, save the pretty girl child sitting in the arms of her father whose expressive deep blue eyes seemed to follow him as Ranth stared back and crossed the wide domed junction. Vader unnerved him whether in the flesh or in representation and Ranth scowled to give himself the courage of his conviction. He really had believed the Emperor had the Executor well in hand, yet, Ranth thought to himself, Vader always was an upstart, a wizard Jedi who thought himself superior and his Sith knighting had done nothing but inflate his self-regard. Now he was making offspring! Well, all would be well...

"Ahh, I see. So, you are an expert holding at bay the ravages that cruelty and greed inflict upon those who usurp power? Sort of a scullery - you sweep all their poop under the proverbial carpet of skin and implants." Senob replied dryly.

"Doctor..." harrumphed Ranth, "you seem to be under the mistaken impression I give a womp’s fart what you think!"

Senob smiled and chuckled. "Um. You should - your life may depend upon it. Ah...the artist caught the color of Vader’s eyes exactly, don’t you think."

"Sure, lovely!" Ranth tossed his head with the sarcastic comment.

"You’re quaking in your boots, Ranth. I give you credit - your position as Sidious’s personal physician gave you quite a bit of power and prestige. Got a little cozy with the past. I tell you, it’s a hard lesson time teaches. You cannot evade it...it’s all illusion."

"LIsten you dried up old drunk! I’ll go along with the fairy tale right now. I don’t really have a choice, but I can afford to bide my time. I know my history and this is just a good old fashion coup. Vader came to his position because the Emperor found he flattered himself with such a pretty war hero. But coups never go cleanly, do they. If you had any sense, you’d be looking for a rock to crawl under," hissed Ranth before folding his arms and setting his mouth. He’d said a bit more than he should have.

"Ah, you seemed to have forgotten recent history, it was Palpatine who initiated a coup."

The queen turned her head towards the two doctors. She could feel heat brewing behind her. Was Senob baiting Ranth? He would call it psychological warfare. It was typical Senob. She shook her head.

In turn, Giles gave Amidala his ‘Who me?’ look.

"I’m not discussing politics with a washed up old hack," said Ranth in protest.

Molita raised a brow and turned to regard the guests after they passed into the small hospital. There were both flesh and android staff who moved about with various protective wear on peddles, pads, hands and faces.

"Doctor Ranth, as primary physician to the late Emperor, you were asked to attend this autopsy and give your findings along with those of us who will also be attending. Spirits may run high as to the meaning of these findings, therefore, I caution us all to ere on the part of restraint. A man is dead. Our business is to ascertain the cause and time of death and to identify the corpse. We have prepared the operating theatre so that the proceedings may be duly witnessed and archived for the public record so that there may be NO doubt as to the findings here. Naturally, we all have a stake in these findings, it is not unexpected that our outlooks may clash. I charge you all to conduct yourselves with the respect and thoroughness with which Her Highness has arranged this autopsy. Please, your assistants will show you your work area where you may scrub and prepare your documents while we wait for the body to be brought into the theatre."

Molita looked to Amidala. "Your Highness, I’ll show you the operating theatre itself. Attendant droid B-1a will help you with your sterile gear." He gestured to the Emdee. "I’ll wait for you in the operating theatre." Then turning to the other Doctors, he excused himself.

Amidala replied with a quiet ‘thank you’ to Molita. The theatre was in the round, allowing observers to view the procedures without obstruction from above. She would be on the floor itself, witnessing the autopsy.

Glancing upwards Sabe noted Senators Organa and Chuchi. The 3rd she had invited, a supporter of Palpatine had not yet arrived. Her eyes acknowledging their presence, the queen turned to follow B-1a to ready herself.

Bail looked up as Molita and Sabe had entered the operating theatre. He had the procedure explained to him just as Senator Chuchi before him. He’d been shown the instruments that each of the three attending physicians would use and his mind was full to bursting with all sorts of new terms and concepts he’d just been given.

He smiled and nodded to the Naboo Queen as her glance met his.

How civil this affair was! How clinical and calm. He realized that for a very long time, he’d clung to the myth that if only Palpatine would die, things would be the way they used to be! It was sobering to realize his mistake.

Senator Chuchi greeted Amidala II with a smile. It was truly unsettling to look at Padme’s doppleganger, Sabe. Seeing her reminded Chuchi how much she missed her old friend. Sighing, the Senator continued her instruction wanting to be clear on the procedure.

"I think I have the information I need. Where do we sit," Chuchi asked her instructor and followed her to her seat behind a transparent wall at the edge of the theatre.

Bail cleare his throat behind his sterile mask and continued with his own instruction. The autopsy was taking place in the Ursean Embassy’s own morgue. While Ursa had maintained the Embassy on Coruscant for centuries, it had not always participated in the Senate, though since the inception of the Empire, being Vader’s own adopted homeworld and his kingdom, it was hardly a surprise that Ursa’s profile in the politics of the Galaxy had expanded exponentially.

"Thank you, yes. I’d like you to explain how the samples will be secured, again," said Bail as his assistant led him through that part of the procedure again.

The Ursean Embassy was not as large as some, but the Urseans had since time forgotten some sort of claim to the particular mountain upon which the campus had been built - an histo-religious connection he did not recall. Many Embassies served as outposts for those they represented and as such housed small communities that required medical services, commissaries, security, housing, and all manner of other services and needs and this one was no different.

The Ursean hospital complex was an agglomeration of buildings centered around a large tower and several smaller towers that had once clearly served as apartments for visiting dignitaries. The theatre in half round was a bit old fashioned with it’s three tiers of seating, a small curving ledge before each of about 200 seats for the attendees to take notes, rest their old valise type processors. There were windows high in the back wall that let in a flood of light, and wooden finishes here and there. It must once have been a small teaching surgery, in what had to have been centuries earlier judging by the carved detailing in the wood and stone.

There was a bit of stone coping that circled the room high above, and the domed ceiling was segmented by similarly detailed stone ribs, all incised with some sort of scrolling vine-like motif. The stage, as it were, had been updated with current medical droids and implements. It was clear some recent and rapid renovation had taken place, as some of the apparati hanging for a boom structure had required some of the coping to be carved down so that it could fit and the stone exposed was a lighter color. The tiers of seats stood behind a wall of transparasteel and behind the seating, there was yet another long curving window through which others in a closed area could observe from the top. Sentinels stood at the doorways and around the top ring of seating.

The floor, the walls, the instruments and droids all sparkled they were so clean - all very thorough. The Ursean were a pragmatic sort and very ‘form followeth function,’ thought Bail. Whoever designed the retro-fitting did not compromise on functionality, and yet, the disconnect between a quaint, more detail conscious taste did not leave the aesthethics of the room ‘butchered.’ Thus, the curving wooden ledge in back of each seat remained and served as desks to the rows in back.

The Senator from the moon Pantora watched from her vantage point with curiosity the preparation for the procedure that would soon take place in the operating theatre. The translucent diamond beads of her headdress sparkled and jingled together against her neck as she leaned forward. Her golden eyes dart to the Alderaanian Princeling and she gave him a subtle nod and smile. They all had come a long way from how they were several years ago when the war started. This moment now marked the end of the war and the end of an era.

She was once a young naive senator, fresh out of her studies when she was inducted into the Pantoran Assembly at the out break of the Clone Wars. With the passing of Chairman Chi Cho, Riyo Chuchi was commended for how she had disarmed the conflict on Orto Plutonia. She had proven herself in the eyes of her peers as the right choice for representative of her people in the Galactic Senate. When the Republic fell way to an Empire, political footholds became thin ice and some friends and allies sold out for personal gain and wealth or were deemed by the power brokers to be opponents and criminals.

The Senator from Alderaan remained constant in his ideals and artful with how he presented his positions before his peers. She took comfort in the mutual understanding and respect she shared with her colleague.

Giles approached Amidala as she emerged from the dressing room. She was attired as each physician was, her hair covered by a sterile cap, a surgical oxygen mask hanging loosely about her neck.

"Your highness," Giles began formally, “This is not going to be pretty. Perhaps you will be more comfortable watching the proceedings with the others in attendance?"

"Dr. Senob, I have waited long for this day. Not even a raging rancor would prevent me from gazing upon Palpatine’s corpse."

"Very well, Your Grace."

Bail took a gander at his feet, noting the temporary foot coverings were still in place over his boots before watching the Naboo Queen and Physician conferring. Behind them, there was movement. The Ursean Doctor and Palpatine’s physician had just entered.

Molita excused himself from Ranth’s presence to interrupt the Naboo. "Forgive the interruption, your Highness, Doctor. I’ve had word. The body should arrive at the Embassy in 10 minutes. We should take up our stations and do a dry run of the instruments. Doctor Senob, as leading physician, I will show you your scanners and you may take authority as you deem necessary," said Dr. Molita with a nod.

Bail smirked. All very neat and official, very cordial!

"Lead on doctor," Senob turned towards Amidala. "Would Your Grace care to see the equipment?"

"Indeed I would." replied the queen. Sabe knew she should not be ‘peeved’ with Giles. She knew it was his concern for her to ask if she would rather not be so close to the proceedings. Ever since she became queen, some treated her as if she was made of the finest, most delicate egg shell china.

Ha! If they only knew! It was the ceremonial clothing and cosmetics - had to be! Sabe would gaze upon herself in full regalia and the image staring back appeared as a doll - a living doll!
    Thank the Powers this was one occasion where she could dress as she wished.

Ten minutes! She couldn’t wait! Her hatred and loathing of Palpatine knew no bounds! One of the goals of her mission was the death of the ‘emperor’. She was not the cause of his demise but nevertheless -the man was dead!

He had destroyed the Republic and caused the death of millions one of them she knew was her sister. Her niece and nephew were - Sabe knew not where. One of her personal goals was to find Tanis and Luke and reacquaint them with their cousins, aunt and grandparents. Padme’s children need to know they are not alone, but have family who love them. She owed that to her sister.

Sabe blinked and glanced at Giles, as a thought occurred to her. Was Senob concerned for her because of her hatred for Palpatine? She closed her eyes, remembering her training. Emotions interfered with logical decision making in critical missions. Do not allow your personal feelings to control you! It wasn’t easy, but she began to place her feelings of loathing towards Palpatine in a little black box, shutting the lid tight, hearing the click of the lock. Sabe had many such ‘boxes’ stored in the deepest part of her.

She nodded as Molita explained in the terms he reserved for novices such as herself the medical instruments. Principal among them was the 3D body scanner.The device could center on any area of the body, a wrist for example. Directed, the mechanism would probe scanning through the layers of skin, the veins, the muscles, the bone. It would note signs of trauma, recent and past.

Molita was efficient, moving quickly through the items at hand, he informed the Naboo of each instrument and it’s purpose though he knew Senob was thoroughly acquainted. There were assisting forensics officials, three to stand and assist each of the attending physicians in the work. They were, after all, schooled specifically in forensics and were needed to advise and archive properly each step and finding. Molita, Senob, and Ranth were none of them forensics specialists, though schooled in the procedures, but this was a political affair, as Senator Organa had rightly surmised and the three were needed to address the very political questions that hung on the findings of the autopsy, some of which would hardly be voiced in public circles.

Bail approached the seat assigned him, but as his finger’s touched the temporary placard that held his place, he snatched it up and excused himself past a few of the newly arrived dignitaries who would also witness the proceedings. The Alderaanian re-applied the self-adhering place holder to the empty seat next to Senator Chuchi, removing the placard there and sending it spinning over a few other seats and smiling down at Chuchi, mouthed ‘May I’ and sat.

The theatre was nearly full now, with mostly staunch sycophants, thought Bail as he perused the faces now gathered to witness the autopsy.

"Gruesom!" he said to her as he looked on and the low hum of subdued conversation filled the room as many spoke in hushed tones trying to avoid directly stating the concerns with which they’d ultimately come. "Look at them! Pack of vultures."

"Hmm.. Yes, even vultures have their purpose in the scheme of nature among the plains..." Chuchi genuinely smiled at Bail’s remark and subtly gestured with her hand. This is a different pecking order than the scavengers on the savannah, from where nutrients of a carcass are recycled back to life and to the land. Almost certainly most of this audiences has some form of hidden agenda they aim to pick from this moment. "However there is not much natural about all this."

Sigit looked dolefully at the assembled and tried not to betray the confusion in his mind. He knew what preparations Palpatine had made, the lengths to which he had gone. If he was successful, how could Sigit prove he had done all in his power to ensure success, to thwart these yokels!

Giles noted with satisfaction Sabe’s cooling temperature. She was a most passionate woman, her feelings he likened to the flames in a hearth. They were warm and inviting, giving comfort to those about her. Adding a little too much fuel, stirring her emotions and the fire would grow too hot, the flames dancing wildly - come too close and the heat would burn, the flames would leap out threatening those who stepped close.

It was his opinion it was this passion which Skywalker found so attractive about Sabe. Yes, it was the close resemblance to Padme, at first, but it was her passion. Comforting when he needed and consuming when he needed the heat. He could take that passion, draw upon it. It made him more powerful.

Senob was concerned for Sabe. Skywalker’s midichloreans now flowed through Sabe. She had inherited them when she had lost his baby. The medichloreans transferred easily enough to her and found her a welcoming host. Was she becoming attuned to them? There was some indication they were enhancing her natural abilities. But the midichloreans were HIS. Sabe possessed a strong personality and will - but Skywalker did as well.

What were the possible outcomes? It was too early yet, but this Senob knew - Sabe could be a powerful ally to Vader or just as equally a powerful enemy. She knew little nor cared to learn the ways of the Force. But Sabe had her own talents which the midichloreans would naturally enhance. She was a stubborn and determined individual - those traits had thus so far served her well. So close to power - would Sabe continue to strive in her original goal - the founding of a new Republic?

Giles looked upwards towards the viewing audience. Curiosity, fear, dread, jubilance. Better have the smelling salts ready, he thought.

Giles had already prepared himself - even with all the precautions the Urseans had made, he was of the belief if something could go wrong, it usually did. He also knew that sometimes, a means or item could lay in the most obvious of places, hidden. Senob advised Molita, “The medical droids must not leave the theatre without being sterilize. No waste is to leave the theatre, no sheet, wipes, swabs, or shims.”

Molita acknowledged his wisdom and directed the staff and all on the surgical stage and in the prep-room.

"I suggest Doctors, due to the fact our audience for the most part has no medical experience and for those who later will be viewing these procedures we simplify our vocabulary so all who witness may understand our findings. Do you concur?"

Ranth merely sneered in bemuse fashion and shrugged his shoulders with a quiet, "Hum," but Molita nodded and concurred. He would have added that the clinical findings would be properly recorded alongside the holo recording of the precedure, but he received a signal that the corpse had arrived and was being brought in as they spoke.

"The corpse is being brought in now," said Molita looking up from his hand held comm. The Doctor looked up to the audience and announced the arrival of Palpatine’s remains. "Please let us have silence in meditation of this solemn occasion for the convening of your counsel and during the procedure. While the use of our scanning equipment makes this process less tedious, less intrusive, we nonetheless need to maintain a conducive atmosphere for quiet deliberation and concentration. Thank you." He turned to inform the Emdee droids and the attending specialists of the last minute preparations before returning to Ranth and Senob.

"Well, let’s...get on with it, shall we?" Molita stepped into his sterile suite which when closed would be hermetically sealed as would all the other suits waiting for the rest of the participating doctors and for the Naboo Queen, acting in her capacity as consular to the temporary delegation now assembled as public witness, some of them hostile and some Imperial stalwarts.

The room was still.

The heavy wooden doors opened, four Imperial guard ready for the procedure who had received the polished eboned capsule now carried the striped corpse covered only by a modestly half sheet into the theatre where the forensics team took over and clamped the body to the scanning table. There was no other sound beyond that of the maneuvers occuring on the floor of the theatre. Everyone held there breath, as a chilled breeze passed through the room...

TAG: Bail, Chuchi, Sabe, Senob, Molita, Ranth

5. AgentViper007

AgentViper007 Force Ghost star 7

Mar 9, 2005
    IC: Captain Scyther Vectis & the AllStars

As the pallet was brought forward to bring the Emperor's body to the Embassy itself, Bahari's grip on Scyther's hand tightened. The media probably loved this; with the amount of hover globes around no doubt it would make headline news this afternoon or tonight.

Morelli and Grayson were still looking down, Morelli looking visibly upset, Grayson gritting his teeth and taking deep gulps of air. Terric's salute was wobbling, even a man as cheerful man such as him could be affected by the sight of your former leader's coffin being brought out.

A group of people had jumped off the gunship Scyther noted, one of them looking visibly pale and looking rather dodgy to Scyther?s assumption. He looked over towards them, Scyther raising her eyebrow as if to say "What are you looking for?" Also present was a man in Captain's uniform, this was probably Captain Sohmer of Krayt's Fire, the ship Danger Zone and Peace Keeper had escorted and kept an eye on.

Scyther guessed Sohmer was probably going to try to give her some verbal lip after she had given him a subtle ear bashing. She didn't mind though, she had had worse verbal beatings mainly from her instructors at the Academy.

As the procession moved towards the Embassy, the AllStars dropped their salutes and stood hands behind their backs. The solemnity of the occasion would undoubtedly shake them all but Scyther would see that their morale would be boosted; no doubt Terric or Arazov would come up with a novel way to brighten up the day.

Ivanov, who was much taller than the other's and could see over the trooper's head's what was going on, informed Scyther that Lord Vader had stopped the cortege from going any further and was looking at the casket itself, probably checking as to whether the body within the casket was Palptine himself and not some double.

The read skinned alien named Ahsoka was beside Lord Vader and Ivanov was looking at her closely, as he was the pale skinned man who was in charge at the moment of the Emperor's remains. Ivanov didn't like the look of him, he looked dangerous, and anyone who looked dangerous in Ivanov's mind was a danger to the group. He resisted from touching the butt of his blaster.
    Finally after a cannon shot which shook the tarmac a little and a bell tolling, Ivanov informed the other's that the cortege was moving again towards the Embassy and eventually disappeared, guards moving to block the way from entry.

The Emperor is dead mused Scyther heaven only knows what his body will be subjected to now.

Madison leaning over Bahari's shoulder said ?You know, I hope we never have to do this again. It was needless to say....painful"

Scyther turned her head so she could speak to him "Well Madison, here's hoping we don't, but if there's one thing the Empire does well, it's pomp and ceremony".

Bahari nodded "Being a nobleman, you get used to it more than most. Needless to say, it will probably be a smash hit on the HoloNet"

Scyther nodded and turned back to the front, Ivanov had turned his head again to speak to the others.

"The pale man you no doubt have spotted is being arrested for something" Ivanov said his tone sounding if he wanted to personally drop kick the man out of his sight "He's being surrounded by guards. Looks like he did something pretty serious in order to warrant this amount of attention".

"Defiantly looks like he has a screw loose somewhere" said Terric.

"Now now boys, let's not be hasty. We don't know what he's like. I can guess he is pretty important though from what Ivanov says. If he wasn't he wouldn't have so many guards around him if he was just some lowlife they had picked up. But be on your guard, you never know what any prisoner is capable of doing"

"He's greeting a man in Captain's uniform now" reported Ivanov, "his must be Captain Sohmer I presume".

“Indeed it is Ivanov” Scyther affirmed “ Arazov and Bahari did a good job of watching and escorting him, no doubt he’ll probably want to have a word with me about that”

“I can tell him what to do with himself after he wasted your time by calling you” said Terric smirking.

“No Terric I’ll handle him myself, and besides I’ve got you lot protecting me anyway”

“A bodyguard squadron fit for a Queen” said Arazov causing Bahari to snort.Before Scyther could reply she head Lord Vader summoning her to walk with him.

“Time to move boys, form up and you can put your new found body guarding skills to the test by protecting Ensign Charios. The information he is carrying is valuable and I don’t want a scratch on him if the prisoner decides to make a break for it”

The other’s nodded and moved forward to join Lord Vader and the others. Scyther moved to walk beside Lord Vader whilst the Captain’s provided a protective circle for Ensign Charios to walk within. Commander Cutter and the Lieutenants followed, the Lieutenants chatting amongst themselves and trying to cheer up both Morelli and Grayson.

As they made their way inside Scyther noted how big it looked and how their voices echoed off the grand colonnades and the structure itself, a Palace that was defiantly fit for a Lord and now Emperor.

“I take it your journey from the space port to the Embassy was not without event, Captain Sohmer. Colonel Sin, when not brooding, is often busy at some private joke to which the rest of the Universe is sadly not privy.” said Lord Vader, directing his comment more to Captain Sohmer but indicating that Scyther was invited to speak as well.

Scyther had not heard of this Sin character, but guessed now that the pale man that they had arrested was probably him. And from the sounds of things, he was defiantly a loose cannon on deck.

And Scyther knew how to deal with those.

“I am sure Captain Sohmer knows how to deal with situations like this” Scyther said with a smile I’m sure little things like transports don’t affect him either” she couldn’t resist taking a little verbal swipe at him for wasting her time with a ridiculous comm call.

“Luckily Lieutenant Spencer of Unstoppable managed to find my group a more....interesting mode of transport”

TAG: Lord Vader, Ahsoka Tano, Captain Sohmer

6. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: Colonel Sin, Captain Sohmer, Ursean Embassy

For once, the Force refused to forewarn the colonel how this would go, as he found himself facing the new Emperor. He had felt the other Hand, Wayland, die, so at least he knew how bad it could get.

"I am in your debt for the return of the corpse, Col. Sin,-"

Mm. Didn't sound so bad.

"-which is why I will see to it, you receive a fair trial. General Lekhauf, arrest Col. Sin for gross insubordination and high treason, for dereliction of duty in the field of battle and for the destruction of the People's Palace."

"What?" Sin's eyes widened, protesting while he had the chance, "You cannot do me for the Palace fire, Anakin! I was in pursuit of a suspect."

"As you command, Your Majesty!" General Lekhauf decided to re-iterate the charge for the hard of hearing, and those in the cheap seats, as he re-donned his jacket. ? Col. Sin, you are under arrest by order of your Supreme Commander and Imperial Executor for the reasons just stated. You will submit and go in complete compliance immediately. Attempts to do otherwise on your part will be taken as further evidence of your intent and you will be summarily executed. Sergeant, cuff the prisoner."

"You?ll never take me alive, Copper!" Sin promised for the benefit of one of the myriad of spherical holocams, Coruscant News 24 wrapped over the silver hull in blue script.

[CLACK]

The influence of the locked force cuffs coursing through his body, the captive stared the holocam dead in the lens, his voice levelling and losing its power, allowing him to mentor: "Today's broadcast was brought to you by the word 'hyperbole', and the number '3'."

The Re separated the entourage into four - the coffin going one ahead, it's route getting sealed to further access; he invited the captains of the Krayt's Fire and the Roadblock to accompany him; Sin's group included Commander Merch and a Force Sensitive Togruta that he had never seen before; and left outside, everyone wearing armour.

"Captain Sohmer, I presume!" The Emperor had appraised the Venator personnel with a smile. "Captain Sohmer, Captain Vectis, please, walk with me."

For his part, Captain Sohmer was slightly dazed to be walking along here in the personal company of the current Emperor!

What a whirlwind time from five years aboard the Wraithis, secondment to the Krayt?s Fire; his tangle with Tarkin, and the other's attempt to ruin his naval career....that was a point. Was he Navy or ORIC - Outer Rim Intelligence Centre - now"

As cries of dismissal echoed across the square, Sohmer turned to his jumptrooper guard to do the same, but the Clawdite looked back at him, and they exchanged knowing glances and nods.

The four troops about-faced and returned to the LAAT.

Sohmer walked at the left, and slightly behind the Re.

"I take it your journey from the space port to the Embassy was not without event, Captain Sohmer. Colonel Sin, when not brooding, is often busy at some private joke to which the rest of the Universe is sadly not privy."

The polished stone floors, and the shiny grey columns that they were passing, were a far cry from the interior of a star destroyer.
    This place evoked power and influence.

"I am sure Captain Sohmer knows how to deal with situations like this. I?m sure little things like transports don?t affect him either."

A few hours in the Sith Marauder's company was enough to push other matters out of one's head. While he recognised that her comment was some kind of swipe at him, he didn't know what she was on about.

“Sadly, Your Majesty,” Sohmer responded dolefully. Until further notice to the contrary, he decided to address his Emperor this way, “we were all too privy to the Colonel’s sense of humour. Nothing subtle about mind-tricking your lieutenant into thinking that she is a twi’lek lap-dancer with twenty creds pushed down the back of her....and never a handy translator droid around when you want one, is there?” They were all adults, but free speech or no, he dropping ‘down the back of her crack’ in the presence of his Emperor and The Almighty, assuming that was who the other captain was.

Behind the three of them, the lieutenant in question’s cheeks burned red with embarrassment as she overheard her superior’s echoing voice. Commander Merch walked along beside her, reaching over to give her a comforting squeeze.

Tag: Anakin, “The Almighty” Vectis, Any concerned

7. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    ~OOC~ Special thanks to Pashatemur for this joint post between us, it has been a pleasure.

~IC~ Kaylee and Rowan Halcyon, Doctor Meril Blanik
    Half a deca-cycle before the incident at Coruscant

Kaylee directed Rowan to place Se'Iva down upon the examination bed at the centre of the room. Another doctor, Meril Blanik, had been called to assist and had brought the monitors online before giving Kaylee an affirmative nod. Regarding Rowan, Kaylee hesitated for a second as she watched a small grimace flash over his face as he caressed Se?Iva's brow and cheek.

"Take a seat Rowan, there is nothing more you can do for the moment." Kaylee gently assured him as she pulled her long blond hair back away from her face and into a rustic ponytail. "Let me do what I can."

She pulled a frame into position beside the bed which resembled a mobile clothes rack. The frame matched the length of the bed with a large flat device overhanging out from the central rail. Activating the controls, a thin solid shaft of blue light cast downward from the device. The motors hummed as it tracked along the rail to the end of the bed, it's light bending and curving over and around the contours of Se's motionless form.

Letting the medical scanner run it's course, Kaylee joined the other doctor at the monitor and watched as the internal mapping of Se'Iva's body compiled on the displays. There was so little they knew of the Cha'ala physiology and the data from the scan would go to help understand the species further, but this was not the time for scientific discoveries and she would not dare do so without Se'Iva's consent.

"Heart rate is stable... her breathing normal…" Kaylee read out the vitality though there was something peculiar which didn't make sense to her. "I... these are unusual brain activities... I am guessing for heightened cognitive abilities…though-"

Meril pointed to the folded wing structure. "Aren?t these-"

"Fractures…" Kaylee finished and bit her bottom lip. "There are several smaller fractures along the wing spines." Pouring over the data, they tried to work out why Se'Iva was in a comatose state but there were roadblocks to making progress that kept reminding them that she was not a human.

Sighing, Kaylee turned from the monitor to face Rowan whom was sitting at the corner. "The cuts and the damage to her wings we can treat but for what is wrong with her…" She lowered her gaze and shook her head. "I am sorry, we don't understand... it is out of our league. We are going to run a few more tests but I guess it comes down to Se's consciousness deciding whether she is ready to come back."

Rowan nodded in understanding and she felt a pang as she saw his expression had drooped somewhat. Moving to stand before him, she reached down and took his hand in hers. "I want to keep her here for overnight observation... assuming it is currently night." Her thumb stroking the top of his hand. "Until then, I want you to come with me."

Allowing Kaylee to lead me out and over to the next medical cubicle, the door closed behind us and gave us much welcomed privacy. I could sense some anxiety coming from her, as though she could not wait to rest. Locking eyes, I inclined my head to let her know I understood. She straightened her posture but the neutrality of her expression softened. Oh how I missed her so, I could read in her face that she indeed had missed me.

“You shall be my last patient for the evening.” Kaylee announced in a manner which caused me to smile, in turn she returned one of her own. “Come, sit on the bed, please.”

Following her instructions, I sat on the edge of the bed and watched as she removed a few tools from the kit and set them down before turning around with a small penlight in hand. Closing my eyes, the beam was powerful enough to be seen through my lids, I could feel her soft fingertips gently probing my scalp.

“I had been told that you had quite a crash...” She whispered, concern leaked out in her voice. “and were given a rather nasty head injury as a souvenir.”

“Hmmm... I was told so, as well.” I murmured as I leaned my head to where she wanted it tilted. “I am afraid there is not much to tell, as I was not conscious to remember most of it.”

“I am not surprised.” Her thumb gently pried my left eyelid open and flashed the bright beam into my eye, momentarily blinding me before she waved it away. “It is a miracle that you are back on your feet so soon.”

“A miracle had nothing to do with it.” I remarked as she did the same to my right eye.

“Yes, I know... the ‘will of the Force’ and what ‘fate may be’.” She commented, I felt her soft lips kiss the tip of my nose. “Maybe so, but if it was not for Se’Iva, you would not be here. I am thankful she has a strong initiative and boarded your ship.”

“As am I.” I blinked back white dots and looked up to her face as her hands travelled to my neck, feeling them pressing against my glands. So much she said to me in that instant with just her glance! I felt the tender affection she held for me coming from the warmth of her heart. “Do you often kiss your patients?” I couldn’t resist asking to get a response out of her.

“Only the ones I deem cute.” She retorted back before nudging my thigh with hers. I felt my face warm at the brief connection, I couldn’t help but smile up at her. “There’s the Rowan I married,” she said softly. After a moment her fingers trailing down over my clavicle and to my pectorals.

“Hmmm...” Her lips parted slightly as she tested several points on my sides and chest. A sharp pain lashed out, I sucked in my breath to hold back a wince as her fingers had found a tender spot. “Sorry...” She apologised, “I cannot find any breakages, so that is some consolation.”

“Thanks...” I breathed. “I guess.”

“Don’t thank me just yet, that region has to be iced to prevent any bleeding and swelling.” Kaylee placed her hand on my shoulder and pressed me to lay down on the medical bed. “You need plenty of rest too.”

My shaggy blond ‘mane’ splayed over the pillow. “I’ll be fine, you know me.”

“Yes, I do, but as your doctor, Captain and wife, I outrank you.” She leaned closer, she pursed her lips for a moment as though holding back a grin. “I also need to take a blood sample.”

“A blood sample?” My brow arched. “It’s not that bad... right?”

“No, it’s standard procedure. The others have gone through the process too; not to mention, I want to know why you have healed so fast.” Her palm held my cheek, her fingers affectionately scratched my beard and slid down to cup my jaw. Her gaze lingered on mine. “Rowan... did you place yourself within a healing trance while you were on the island?”

Furrowing my brow as I remembered back, “No, I don’t recall that I had, why?”

Shaking her head, some locks of hair fell free from her ponytail. They bounced and coiled against her neck. “It’s probably nothing to be concerned about, but I want to double check." She sat down beside me and swabbed my arm with a wipe before easing the business end of a needle into the vein, drawing out the thick, dark fluid. "For a man who has been through a lot, you are not showing anything near the amount of damage your body should be physically displaying. Kolto tanks do not work that fast to heal...”

I shrugged, I hadn't given it much thought considering what happened on the island, it could be a few things, though what had been said and done at the library and during the dinner, had left me feeling off centre. "I wish I had a better answer to give you."

"Almost finished," Kaylee remarked and sealed the vial of blood she had collected. Leaning over, she nudged my cheek with her nose and planted a soft kiss there. "Head back to our cabin, shower and settle down. I'll join you shortly."

I tilted my head to hers as she drew back, I murmured. "Don't take too long."

"I won't." She smiled widely creating deep dimples in her cheeks, enhancing her 'Elfin'-like features. "Promise to keep the water running for me."

Doctor Blanik watched her Captain and the Corellian Master walk from the examination area and gave a brief smile. Everyone knew the two were married, but both were scrupulous in public decorum and seemed intent that others should be so as well. Out of respect, no one made assumptions in deed or gesture and acted not a wit more or less sociable or intimate for knowing this.

So, sighing, Meril Blanik returned to the scan and scrutinized it freely.

“Wowy, that’s a very deep rooted ….” Immediately engrossed, her voice trailed off and she began to make notes as she moved along. Same with the canines; are they... retractable?”

The Doctor had the surgical assistant, in this case a brand spanking new experimental android equipped with all manner of gadgetry she hadn’t yet had the time to called upon or even catalogue, take tissue samples. The Cha’ala was unconscious for who knew how long. She’d already consented earlier to a more thorough exam and the good Doctor couldn’t think of a more appropriate moment to take the initiative.

“Amazing,” she murmured as she viewed what could only be identified as a chloroplast! There were at least 4 sorts of tissue comprising various organs which functions she could only guess at. The Cha’ala possessed a set of retractable fangs and an extremely deep rooted and very long narrow tongue which itself seemed capable of sensing and absorbing in some way. In any case, it became apparent, the Cha needed light to more effectively replenish herself. She possessed a digestive system similar to humans but this, it seemed, was supplemented by the conversion of light energy into food!

“Adjust lights, lumins to 80 percent,” the doctor called. Under the brighter lights, the chloroplasts could be seen responding in time lapse playbacks. “She needs to breath through her skin at times...”

Meril looked about the quiet medbay examination area and retwisted her thin brown locks into a tiny knot at the nape of neck before returning to the slides under her scope. She scratched under her wispy straight bangs and couldn’t help but think more options for metabolizing and nourishing the body were required to sustain the musculature the Cha’ala possessed, particularly with regard to the wings and motor activity needed to sustain them in flight. “A very high rate of metabolism...” She’d never seen Se’Iva fly, but imagined it.

“Greater brain activity too... this area in particular....” She looked at the angelic face in repose, smooth, serene, glowing with a light that seemed to come from within, though in this compromised state, less so than the Doctor had remarked previously. “What’s going on in there, Miss Iva?”

She looked at the readings on a nearby screen. There were 15 lines that zigged and zagged, but several in particular that seemed to have a very short and pronounced pattern that repeated intermittently, though it seemed to Meril, regularly. It reminded her of something...like code or a signal. One, seemed to vary occasionally and then to per mutate subtly, while the other remained the same, almost truncated and interrupted by what could be interpreted as static and then the short code would repeat.

The assistant suggested they might try stimulants after a day, if the patient did not seem to rouse.

“I don’t think so. I’ve no idea how that might affect the photosynthesis, and it seems to me she needs that right now. It’s too risky.” Meril directed they should clean up and set up a schedule for benchmarking all vitals and indeed what were to be considered vitals.

TAG: TBC

8. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    IC: Han Solo
    Ursean Embassy, Coruscant

The light the medical droid shone into his good eye blurred his vision, making it next to impossible to track the animated Enfanta as she bounced to and fro across the room in an attempt to aid in his care. As she moved, she bombarded him with a flurry of questions, most of which went beyond comprehension as he struggled to adapt to his new surroundings. After all, it was his first time falling unconscious...it was a new experience for him.

?Did you worry about me?? she asked hurriedly. ?You look awful. I worried so about you, but Papa said you were very strong and it wouldn?t help to worry. Do you hurt very much? I didn?t know you were missing until they brought you back and that made me worry even more! Oh, water!?

"I, uh...my head--what?" Han cut himself off and merely stared at her through his good eye as she skipped away from the bed again to retrieve a glass of water. Her actions were almost comical as she moved awkwardly to stay out of the medical droid's way while still trying to help. In fact, Han thought for sure that the droid would end up wearing the glass of water with the way they were dancing about each other. By some miracle, however, she returned to the bedside and made her presence known by shoving the glass into Han's face. The water splashed up over the side of the glass and dribbled down Han's chin and onto the blankets that were wrapped about his torso.

Han winced at the incident, but still managed to offer a smile for her hospitality. "Uh, thanks," he uttered quietly as he started to sip on what still remained in the glass. "Much better, actually. It's just what I needed."

Sophia seemed quite content with that answer and quickly moved on to the next order of business - applying a bacta patch to a nasty abrasion on the back of his hand. Han lowered the glass of water from his lips and simply watched her work for several moments. He was surprised with her touch and how a child of her age could show such care - it was as if she was cuddling with her favorite stuffed toy. It was in that moment that he came to realize just how much he meant to her, that she would go to such great lengths to make sure that he was fully taken care of. No one ever treated him with that kind of respect before...

?The patient needs rest, Your Highness,? the medical droid announced in its monotone drawl.

"No, I'm fine," Han cut in suddenly, drawing his attention away from Sophia to give the droid a stern look. "She can stay. Besides, I don't think I could sleep another wink after being out of it for that long."

?It?s a good thing Ahsoka found you," Sophia said after a moment, remaining at his bedside.

Han managed to smile, but something was bothering him about that comment. For one, who was Ahsoka? He had some recollection of a woman hovering over him, but he couldn't discern if she was only a dream, like Sara Soto had been, or if she was truly real. Was it normal to have lapses in your memory like that after being clocked over the head? He rubbed gingerly at the point of impact, just above his temple, and frowned.

If he was having trouble remembering his rescuer, what else was he forgetting? His eyes suddenly grew wide with fear as the thought hit him like a ton of bricks. The knapsack and the model!

By this time, Maruuke had made her presence known, but Han completely brushed off her welcome and instead, greeted her with a worried gaze. "Where's my stuff?" he asked simply.

The answer to that question meant everything to him. While Sophia was one of the remaining few in this galaxy to actually show him some shred of respect, he had to go ahead and lose the model she gave him as a gift. What kind of a friend did something like that?

TAG: Sophia, Maruuke

9. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    ~OOC~ This post is a collaboration between LZM/MOO and myself, thank you for this opportunity. @};-

~IC~ Grand Admiral Mitth'raw'nuruodo, Defence Minister Yomin Nacluv, Captain Brandei.

The box shaped, navy coloured Gian speeder followed the road along the eastern bank of the Solleu River. The traffic was light leading away from the spaceport, the closer they got to the city?s centre there became a noticeable influx of pedestrians. The Nabooian vehicle reduced its speed, from the rear passenger seat Thrawn glanced away from his datapad to see they had entered a large open space. Gazing across, he could see that a series of stalls had been erected at intervals along the whole of the plaza. Patrons were mingling about enjoyed the warm tranquil nighttime atmosphere, a small band performing festive music to the crowds, bright lights and open air markets. The view disappeared from sight as the speeder continued along underneath an impressive archway, the sandstone architecture of the buildings closed up on either side forming a narrow street, the lights flickered by.

Indicating, the speeder turned out onto a larger street before it coming to one of the multiple bridges that connects the city together. From their vantage point, the view of the city opened up for just that moment as they reached the centre of the bridge. Smaller boats arranged by the boathouse, some had already departed, their lanterns and banners hung from posts as their wake languidly trailed behind their journey upriver. The Royal Palace towered over the other buildings in the city with it?s sheer scale, the exterior lights created harsh contrasts between light and shadows.

Several moments later the Gian Speeder had arrived at their destination, just ahead the entrance to the Palace was visible. Inside is where Defence Minister Nacluv?s offices are located. Disembarking the speeder, the Grand Admiral leaned over and gave the driver instructions for where to wait for him. The air was still warm as he approached the main gates, he noted the pair of Naboo Security Guards that stood as sentries. The sentries followed procedure and halted his progress at the gate. It took a brief moment for them to authenticate the Admiral?s identification before allowing him to pass through to the palace.

Following along the garden path, the view gave a different perspective of the city of Theed from between the branches and leaves of the immaculately pruned hedges and trees, the roar of the waterfalls were noticeably louder at night. The lantern lit, paved steps lead up and into the Palace. The sound of booted footfalls reverberate about the cavernous space. There, standing alone, a young man was waiting for him.

"Grand Admiral Thrawn?" The man stepped forward and greeted the Chiss with a brief bow of his head. "Defence Minister Yomin Nacluv has been expecting you.? The man turned and gestured with his hand to a corridor leading off to his right. ?Please follow me.?

Without any further words, Thrawn was guided down dimly lit passage ways that were not normally seen by the general public that lead deeper inside the palace. The second floor contains the nerve centre of the Nabooian government, where decisions are made and orders carried out that affects the citizens of this world. Doors lead off to other departments; Finances, Education, The Arts...

They arrived at the Department of Defence and brought directly to head office to see Nacluv. Nacluv rose from behind his desk to greet the Grand Admiral and then gave a nod to dismiss the aide. The aide closed the door as he left to ensure privacy.

"You've no doubt had received the message, our team had recovered the materials from the coordinates you had given us." Nacluv stated.

"I appreciate the efforts your people had done for recovering said materials." Thrawn gave the man a slight nod, "Is there anything functional?"

Nacluv brow furrowed for a second unsure what cryptic games the imperial was playing at. "Yes... Though it is very critical. Our best had to be brought in to ensure the condition will stabilise. We can transfer over to you when you are ready to receive. A copy of the reports are on this card."

The Admiral's tone remained neutral as he took the card from the Minister. "Thank you, however I have a different request."

"What might that be?" Nacluv matched his tone.

"That the material is kept in your custody for the time being."

"In Naboo's custody?" Nacluv asked, to clarify what Thrawn had meant.

"Yes" Thrawn gave him a slight smile. "It would be in our best interest to keep word of this private... until notified with instructions on how to proceed."

"May I enquire as to why the secrecy?"

"You may, however we won't like results if the matter was made known."

"We will keep under supervision" The Nabooian Defence Minister cupped his hands together and nodded as though he understood. "Thank you for taking time from your schedule for coming. Is there anything further to discuss?"

"There is one other matter… "

They stood, peering into the monitors, the rest of the bridge fell away as the crew held their collective breaths. Leaving only data from the probes, that were spiralling into the nebula, crawl along the screens. One technician’s voice carried across the bridge, calling out how long until the next anomaly occurs within the nebula.

"Ten-one thousand, nine-one thousand..."

Were they going to make it? What will they see before the end? The numbers ticked down as the terminal displayed a visual simulation that estimated the position and trajectory of the probes.

"Five-one thousand, four-one thousand..."

The simulation showed a white 'wave' of intense radiation sweaping across the path. The smaller dots were inching away but it was obvious that they will be swallowed up.

"One-one thousand-"

And then all was quiet.

One by one the dots winked out as the transmission to them was lost. Silence hung in the air for a minute, before an audible sigh as everyone resumed breathing and activity again. The probes were lost, they have done all they could.

"Salvage what data we can." Captain Brandei adjusted the cuffs of his tunic as he instructed one of the techicians. "Were we able to translate the information before we lost transmiss-"

Two alerts beeped from the terminal interrupted the Captain as two dots winked back on.

"Ah, sir?" One of the crew members caught everyone's attention. A few series of clicks on the console as he refreshed the signal and those two blips still showed up.

"How is that possible?" Brandei enquired as he came about, his mind was racing. 'A phantom signal? Are they alright? Can we see what they see?'

"It will take a minute for the visuals to arrive, but we are getting a lot of interference."

It took several minutes as they awaited impatiently for the visuals to show up. There was no doubt now that the two probes did survive the anomaly event. The footage feed on display showed an intricate pattern, metallic and lines...

"Some sort of malfunction?" Brandei frowned as he tried to make heads or tails out of what it could be.

"I'll try instructing it to pull back."

The footage shifted and wobbled as the probe moved, the patterns grew smaller and the object in question became more revealed. More crew members gathered around to view the feeds. One by one their jaws dropped.

"My word... Is that..?"

The hulk of metal turned out to be part of a larger vessel, the visual from the other probe showed more crafts in the frame. Lifeless, drifting in space, the readings showed minimal power levels emitting from within them.

"A ghost fleet. They’re all dead."

TAG: The Naboo, Open

10. pashatemur

Jun 21, 2004
    IC: Sophia Anastasia - Enfanta of Ursa, Maruuke - Nanny to the Enfanta

Sophia looked from Han to Maruuke when the nurse replied in her heavy accent, "I did not see you when you were brought in, but perhaps your things have been put away," said the tall, buxom Ursean who asked him for a description.

Sophia jumped down from her seat nestled close to Han, adding that she would help. Soon all drawers and cabinets had been searched where were neatly hung and folded clothes and useful articles purchased for the young man's use by some young Ursean staff member who'd never met Han Solo, procuring them over the space of two hours days ago in expectation of the cadet?s eventual leave from the Academy.

Nothing held up was anything he could recognize as part of that which he'd carried from Vos' ship the night before.

"Maybe Miss Tano or Chief Supiro has your gear or mommie…" said Sophia helpfully and wanting to please Han as she sat down in her chair next to the bed, placing her chin in her palms to gaze up at him.

"Ja, the Enfanta is correct. I'll ask for your things, Master Han," said Maruuke, neither nanny nor her charge understanding the urgency behind Han's query.

"Did you fly in battle with Papa? Was it exciting and terrible?" Sophia filled the quiet with questions she had really wanted to ask her father earlier. The notion of war had been on her mind and the idea of conflict on such a large scale seemed overwhelming to her, but over time, Sophia had learned that her father never liked to speak of what he did away from Ursa and his gruff and often cold replies to her queries were daunting enough to discourage her natural curiosity, at least to the extent that she refrained from asking him, though she longed to do so.

Such missteps were often made in the forgetfulness that came of seeing her father after a long absence and for a very quiet few moments, Anakin's daughter would cast her eyes to some object, or study the weave of his cloak over his shoulder upon which she rested and wait till he remembered to smile again.

On approach to Coruscant, her mother had carefully curtailed information concerning her father's injuries and all the while, waiting to disembark, mother and daughter schooled in noble restraint, a tutorial not available in a slave's paltry education, had quietly waited in foreboding, impossibly overjoyed to see the Re was healed and sound!

Still, aboard the Mavras Maelstrom, Sophia Anastasia had caught sight of a holo her mother had studied of "Papa's" injured state - blistered, bloodied and charred, and it had given the Enfanta a view of a world of violence and cruelty from which she had long been sheltered and it was slowly unsettling her. Thus, seeing Han so hurt, she was stirred to speak the worry she could not speak earlier. "He was sorely wounded…" The Enfanta said of her father and linking the battle with Han's wounds, she shook her head to clear her mind of the cruel images that wandered in like phantoms unbidden into her lovely and beautiful child's garden; the concern she'd been feeling inside welled up in her eyes as she took Han's hands gingerly by the fingertips and tried to be mature, smiling to him though two shimmering tears slipped quietly down her cheeks.

Then she stood remembering just as she did not know the source of her father's injuries, she did not know why her friend should be assailed. "Han! Why were you hurt? Chief Supiro said Ahsoka had to fight off...an assailant. Who did this to you?" This she asked stumbling over the technical word the police chief had used.

With a rustle of her skirts, Maruuke hurried through the sunny shafts of light that fell with growing brightness across the floor to put her hands gently but firmly on Sophia’s little shoulders. It was becoming clear that Master Solo was anxious about this missing kit. When he’d come to Ursa, he had little he could call his own; she remembered that. “I’m sorry, Master Han...Sophia, Your Highness, Master Han, is still a bit disoriented. We should not trouble him with questions, now. Don’t worry, Master Han, I’m sure your gear can be located. I’ll make some enquiries while you visit. There is the house com on the nightstand if you need anything,” she said looking to Sophia and then back to Han. ”You must be prepared if His Majesty requires you to attend the Senate, Your Highness and consider, if Master Han feels better, he may accompany you out this evening.”

Maruuke excused herself with a curtsy and let herself out with a knowing glance to Sophia. Sophia turned to watch Maruuke leave. “We’ll find it, Han,”she said reassuringly patting his forearm lightly, all the while trying to curb her need for answers. She looked away to blink back the odd feelings that left their ‘afterimage’ in her imagination, waiting for the pentimento to fade.

TAG: Han

11. Master_of_les_pauls

Master_of_les_pauls Jedi Master star 1

May 28, 2010
    Ic Fredrck Kruggerlim

Location The bridge of the Executor

Fredrick, who now stood on the bridge of the star destroyer, found him self being confronted by an Imperial officer who was barking orders at him as his face began to turn a shade of crimson. If Kruggerlim's memory was correct this man stood before was Admiral Ozzel, he also had no recollection or idea of the names of those who were stood near the Admiral. One thing Fredrick did know he had hopelessly over played his own hand and was now stood alone, the Ursean looked around the room quickly to spot that he would have to play this situation extremely carefully as scattered around the room were Imperial Shocktroopers.

Fredrick could see that every one of the troopers hands hovered dangerously over there weapons and despite the fact that he worked directly under the Re of Ursa, they would blast him the second they thought he became a threat.

You must be Kruggerlim...out of uniform, insubordination, striking your superior officers. Combat dealt you a bad hand, young man? I?m not interested in your sob story. I?m busy abiding my duty which is to keep the order! You are definitely out of place and if you?ve a shred of common sense left, you will remember your duty. This is your only chance,? 

Fredrick lifted his hands to try and pacify the Admiral but before he could speak Ozzel was barking at him again.

?...You will leave my bridge immediately! Put this man in the brig.?

?Admiral, please? Fredrick spoke but this time not with a voice he was unfamiliar with, the voice he spoke with was rough and harsh sounding despite the fact he was trying to calm the situation ?I only want information on the success of the mission and to contact the K.I.G ?..?

Before he could finish he noticed Ozzel give a slight nod of his head and then he felt the butt of carbine smash into the back of his head. Then darkness over took him

Tag Admiral Ozzel and other Imperials on the bridge

12. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Force Ghost star 4

Mar 28, 2004
    IC: Jori Atredies, Director Aurelius
    0.5 deca-cycles before the incident at Coruscant

It was the morning after the attack. The mysterious attackers vanished just as suddenly as they appeared. There was no trace of the fighter carrier, nor from its crew. It was as if they had never existed. The water looked serene as if nothing had happened. Except for the fighters from near Sokolovo Air Base circling around everything looked normal. Jori was sitting at the very same table where she and Rowan had dinner together. Conflicting emotions burned inside her and she barely ate her breakfast consisting of boiled eggs, some fruits and a citrus juice.

She felt betrayed, Rowan had escaped her without saying anything. There were clearly other outsiders on the island and her guards in their incompetence were not able to find them. Probably the attack was orchestrated by him, he made a fool out of her and she was a person who does not easily forget, nor forgive. Though the reason of this attack eluded her, since clearly the assailants had the power they could have easily decimated any target in the Union. Or was this a message, a warning of sorts? But there were no further communications from them... Was this Empire's work? They are the only ones possessing enough power to do so, but what was the motive?

Jori noted that she had been too trusting and that man played with her feelings and manipulated her. Well now he will have to suffer the consequences of crossing him, this must not go unpunished. She rubbed her eyes, the duchess felt exhausted and this surprised her. Usually she was able to cope with staying up all night, but the emotional exhaustion took its toll. She refused evacuation despite the urgings of the guards though there was nothing she could do but due to mere stubbornness refused to do so.

She drummed her gentle fingers on the table while looking absentmindedly at the scenery. Another pair of SuFs passed by, luckily they were high enough so that the sonic boom won't break the windows. Since last night's display of incompetence by her people she started doubting that anyone could actually do anything right in the Union. Jori then turned her gaze to her food and took the fork. She was not hungry so she just poked the pieces of fruit.

"It is not good to play with your food…" came a familiar voice.

Jori managed to conceal the fact that she was startled by the sudden appearance of the CSS director Aurelius. The duchess forgot the man's habit of sneaking on people. She didn't hear the man's ship arrive either. Probably he had taken the special CSS shuttles that had extremely silent engines so you can't tell whether something is coming. She glared at him for startling her and for speaking to her like that. His mouth was smiling at her, but his eyes as always remained unnaturally cold and calculating. Jori was both afraid and attracted to this gaze. Without saying a word she just indicated for him to sit down in the chair opposing her.

She then waited for him to settle down "I will pretend that I did not hear what you said to me."

He nodded in appreciation.

"Thank you Your Highness…" his sly smile appeared again "Or should I say future Your Ultimacy."

Jori rolled her eyes and waved with her hand in front of her face to indicate for him to cut to the chase and dispense with the pleasantries.
    "I have some good news. Our satellites managed to record the incident with a lot of details. We are sending all the telemetry data to Ix right now for further analysis."

Jori raised an eyebrow.

"And?"

"Well that is about it."

The duchess raised her hands and her face was not concealing her irritation.

"What about the identity of the attackers? Their motives?"

Aurelius stared at her for a moment.

"Unfortunately we have no idea about the identity, nor the motives. One thing is for sure it was not an Imperial attack."

Jori narrowed her eyes.

"How can you be so sure? Is there another force that can do this?"

A smug smile appeared on the director's lips.

"If it was an Imperial attack I am sure that either Lord Vader or Emperor Palpatine would have made it clear that they were behind it. Besides, despite the number of casualties, they struck a rather minor target, though you might say that it had been done to intimidate and scare you. But there is no motive...” he sighed as his smugness disappeared “We need more time to verify this of course, but our preliminary analysis indicate that this is not a standard Imperial procedure, besides we do not pose such a treat to them at the moment to force them to coerce you. What I find curious and that can probably prove you right if I am wrong is that after the attack there is no sign of the debris of Mister Halcyon’s ship. There is more to this than we know and this is what makes me uneasy.”

Jori leaned forward, her face showing her concentration. Her lips were gently moving as if whispering to herself in a cute way as she processed the information.

“I knew that he is connected to all this in some way...” she said out-loud to herself.

Aurelius observed her with interest until she blinked and regained her composure. Though he was able to gain some more information about her. With the duchess it was all a matter of subtle signals if you want to read her correctly. A wave of satisfaction ran through him as he anticipated the moment when he will break the other piece of news that he had.

“Regarding Mister Halcyon, we did some digging…”

He was pleased to note that despite the fact that the duchess managed to remain visibly calm. Well calm if you don’t look for the tiny details that revealed her interest in the topic.

“Carry on...” she motioned with her hand.

“As I began to say, we did some digging. The results are highly controversial and are borderline insane but can’t dismiss some facts, only the conclusions might vary.”

Despite her visible passiveness he was sure that the duchess was getting more and more annoyed and impatient. This was not a good trait for a ruler to have such a short fuse, but given some more time Aurelius was sure that he will be able to gently nudge her in the right directions and mold her to be the perfect leader of the Union.

“Let’s hear it and don’t try any of your word tricks anymore.”

He nodded.

“Alright. When you first mentioned his name and sent us his picture it reminded me of someone that I was not sure of whom exactly. Then with this in mind we started the search algorithm. The system showed only one match, almost hundred percent certainty, the degree for error was so minuscule that we wondered whether there were problems with the search engine.” he paused for a moment trying to find a way to present the information more credibly. “The only result that we have is of a Rowan Halcyon who was Basil Xavier’s best friend. The image is almost perfect match well with some minor differences due to aging, but the DNA that you sent us is the same.”

The duchess arched an eyebrow and trying to feign amusement.

“Director, I appreciate your attempt to amuse me but now is not the time.”

Aurelius shook his head and continued with a serious tone.

“I wish I was joking but the facts are facts. We have two working hypothesises.”

The duchess managed to remain passive but her mind was racing.

“First one, which I personally think most likely, is that he is a clone sent by an unknown force. Someone appears to know our history very well and so all this was a very elaborate ruse. The results of which will unfold in the near future.”

These were very grave implications indeed.

“The second one, however unlikely, is that somehow he and probably some others managed to find a way to transport themselves in time. This is theoretically possible but I am not sure whether it can be achieved with the level of technology at that time, nor this can be achieved now. But regardless of this we have the results...”

“This will explain his behavior, well provided it wasn’t an act or that the clone actually thinks he is Rowan Halcyon.”

Aurelius slowly nodded.

“This will also explain how his ship slipped through our defenses and why this unknown force destroyed all evidence.”

Jori leaned back in her seat.

“We need to bring him back here and find the truth. If he is a time-traveller imagine the possibilities. We can reshape the present however we want, rewrite history. There won’t be a need to start conflicts to take over the Galaxy...”

Aurelius smiled.

“My thoughts exactly. I took the liberty to alert some of our agents on Corellia and on some other worlds that we presume that he could go to. Though if it is actually him and manages to prove that and the Corellians recognize him as their sovereign he could be very useful if he restores the monarchy on Corellia. Moreover you and him have a very good genetic match. In this way you can bring this alliance to a new level. As you know they have been our allies for centuries.”

He was sure that this information pleased the duchess.

“But I have to say that it is a less likely scenario even if he is who we think he is. There will be some difficulties to prove something that is considered impossible. A best case scenario of sorts. Though even if he does return to the throne it is not guaranteed that he will want to pursue close relations with us.”

“So you agree with my father’s idea of finding me a husband from outside?”

This was a trick question so he paused for several moments to consider his answer.

“Yes, in principle, but not in the way he did it. His idea of asking Lord Vader as an intermediary was not...how to say it... that good. There are known suitable candidates that can serve our purposes if they accept of course. For example the Hapans, they are almost a perfect match for us as they are culturally close to us. Besides when the Queen Mother dies you will inherit the Hapes Cluster and become the new one if you decide to pursue a marriage with the Prince. In this way we will increase our fleets, our wealth, etc. This will be a perfect start for our plan for the Confederacy of Royal Houses.”

Jori tapped her chin thoughtfully. Aurelius could clearly see that the information pleased her then she just nodded.

“Very well, I want you to pursue other suitable candidates. I can’t marry until we resolve the issues here so this will be for now a pet project. Besides we have to make the Union once again a place which will invite other royals. I have the documents that you have provided me.”

The director nodded, those documents were supposed to incriminate the duchess that she had something to do in the attack on Prince Lawson Atreides in the Ursa system. They were supposed to be planted in such a way that Her Majesty’s uncle to find them and to drive him into the hands of the Enlightened or just to force him to do something irrational so that in the future she could dispose of him. Like she did with the old duke, though that was a different story.

“What will happen if the Imperials prove that Moritani had nothing to do with that attack?”

“A very good question...” sounding like a teacher who praises a clever student “Well this will discredit the Bene Gesserits as a reliable source of information. Second there is no way to track down who exactly gave the order as the person who did does not exist and can be created if the need arises. Third, this only proves that the Enlightened are a threat and must be dealt with.”

The duchess seemed unconvinced so he decided to continue.

“Even if the Imperials require to send someone to investigate, or come by your invitation they will not be able to uncover anything. The archduke will only believe that he was set up by someone. Of course if he is released from prison there is a high chance that he won’t come back to the Union. After all he had been discredited and will most likely fear for his life to return here. He will have to go to a forced exile in his villa in the Mid Rim, the name of the planet eludes me at this point. At his age he will not last very long, if not one of the loyal servants will help him of course.”

“Good, good...” she started saying as she stood up “Did you have breakfast?”

This was the end of the conversation from what he could see.

“No, I didn’t have time.”

“Good, you will be served here, then I need you to find a way to make a cover up story of what happened here last night. We can’t deny that an aircraft carrier was lost with all hands but you will make up a plausible story I presume.”

She tapped him on the shoulder as she passed by...

TAG: No-one

13. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    OOC: Ceasing GAW activity until we move to the new boards.

IC: Estaban Corel, Medical Wing, Super Star Destroyer Executor

"Won't be need this," The lieutenant said to the shocktrooper and doctor, and tossed the small plastic tub over his shoulder, ignoring the soft double impact sound from behind him, ducking through the hatch, and wandering away along the corridor.

Tag: no-one

14. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    ~CO-GM Notice~
    Welcome back everyone! Hopefully we all have survived the carbon freezing process and thawed out without hibernation sickness. As you can see at this point in time that long posts over 10k characters have been truncated, there are signs about that go into further detail regarding that. If there is anyone that needs the 'unabridged' copy of a post to respond to, you may contact me for a copy.

Also, welcome home!!

15. Master_of_les_pauls

Master_of_les_pauls Jedi Master star 1

May 28, 2010
    And were back baby!!!!!!!!

Corellian_Outrider likes this.
  16. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    ~OOC~ Reposting this post from 23 Jan to set up for the forthcoming posts, other posts are on the way.

~IC~ Captain Dorja
    Location: Chommell Sector - Obligon Nebula/Arrissa's Field - 'Relentless'

While the ‘Ambassador’ from the Union moved to confer with the rest of his entourage, Captain Dorja sucked in his breath for a moment as he regarded the rabble of Panthera Squadron. Their undisciplined form and unconventional background made them stand out from the usual cadets but in the end, they are still a bunch of regular flyboys. As Dorja approached them, the pilots broke out of their loose circle and their chatter died down. Dorja held their gaze before locking onto Major Sam Sparro, whom acting as leader of the squadron in the wake of Captain Juno Eclipse’s ‘absence’.

“Captain.” They said in varied tones and timing before they fell into ranks.

'Sloppy!’ Dorja kept the comment to himself that these men do not share the same scrupulous procedures that his own people performs. The Captain folded his arms behind, his hands clasped together against the small of his back. He gave a brief nod of acknowledgement before he cut straight to business. “Are you all accounted for?”

“Yes.. Ah..” The cheerful expressions of the pilots went sullen as the adrenaline high were not enough to overrule the memory of earlier events above Naboo’s orbit. “No sir, ‘Oxiana’ was disabled and we lost the Captain. She-”

“I have been informed of the situation, Major.” Dorja interrupted him, a further explanation would have to wait until they are secured. They do not want possible eavesdroppers to overhear and their new guests to pick up on mixed signals. Loose lips shatters ships.

“And that is, Captain?” One of the pilots interjected. “What is the situation?”

“That it is far from over.” Dorja narrowed his eyes at them. With a raise of his hand, a platoon of Stormtroopers marched forward and encircled the pilots. “Until then, you will be escorted to a secure hold and there you will await until properly debriefed.”

He ignored the look of surprise on the pilots faces as the troopers silently escorted them out of the hanger bay. His watched them until they were gone from sight before his gaze flickered to the closed bay doors. Situated in a bay on the opposite side of the vast Star Destroyer's hanger, a team of his best armed forces were being assembled. Raising his comlink close to his mouth, Dorja whispered. “Commander, is your team ready?”

["All set and ready to depart.”]

“Very good.” Dorja responded. “You may begin the operation at your earliest convenience.”

Given recent developments expressed to Dorja by the Grand Admiral, it is believed that the 'Ragnarök’ has been compromised. A leak like that should not be left unattended otherwise it can leave irreparable damage, if it has not already. The 'Relentless’ is a failsafe, Dorja realised, that it was for this very reason why the Grand Admiral had his command assigned to babysit the other vessel out in the middle of nowhere. Silencing his com, Dorja returned it to his pocket before turning around. From his vantage point he witness the elderly gentleman, garbed in white robes, converse with his people. When this Master Dondarion has finished, they will ensure his people are settled in the quarters that are set up specifically for them.

TAG: Master Dondarion, Open

17. Ominous

Ominous Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 30, 2004
    Due to the long sabbatical of the site and this game, the Alliance has won the war. They are now in control of the Galaxy. Anakin Skywalker died of skin cancer. Mon Mothma became Chancellor of the restored Republic. The Jedi Temple was re-opened and now accepts the fact that Jedi can love another and has recognized marriage amongst Jedi. Torian Darkeyes retired and opened a bar on Corellia and every Monday and Wednesday ladies drink for free and appetizers are half off. Good night everyone and may the schwartz be with you.

18. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002

~OOC / IC: Rowan Halcyon~
    Yeah, well… It's about time they had come to their senses, us Corellians, has had that for millennia... unless they had recently changed their constitution on such matters.

~OOC~
    Welcome back, it's great to see you again Ominous and MOLP :)

19. Ominous

Ominous Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 30, 2004
    Thank you C_O.:cool:

20. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
  21. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    OOC: Welcome back, all of you.

I managed to stay away, all of two weeks during the Move, and now, I and my characters have moved on.

Best of luck for the continuation of the Galaxy at War series; I had a great time with you all in GAW III. :)

22. AgentViper007

AgentViper007 Force Ghost star 7

Mar 9, 2005
    OOC: This is a joint post brrought to you by myself and CO, nice to see you all, to see you all nice;)

IC: Sam Gerard, Cosmon “Cosmo” Rendell, John Royce, Savah Poole-Cooper, Noah Noonan, Bobby Brigstocke, Nani Kali’iwa, Dan’el Denison (NPC's)
    Location: Chommell Sector - Obligon Nebula/Arrissa’s Field, ISD Relentless

In the hangar bay next door to where all the activity with the Union visitors was going on, the strike team was preparing for their mission.

Commander Sam Gerard, the leader of his team, or his “kids” as he called them affectionately, watched his team loading their gear aboard. They weren't going to take a lot with them this time, but Cosmo, Savah and Dan’el were going to need their kits and duffel bags filled with spare clothes. After all they were going to play the scientists in this little deception, meanwhile the others were dressed as officers.

The main aspect of the mission was to gather the data on board Ragnarök, and then hopefully arrest the Captain of the ship and take him back to face charges. The scientists though were never going to know what hit them because they were going to be retired.....permanently.

“Alright kids, saddle up” came the gruff tones of Gerard “let’s get this show on the road”

The others nodded and began their final checks of their equipment before they boarded their Lambda class shuttle which would take them to their destination. Noah Noonan, the youngest of the team was looking quite nervous, but Gerard knew that when the action started he would be up to the task.

Savah examined herself one more time before turning to Brigstocke and Royce and smiling “How do I look?”

“Same as usual” said Royce with his usual disarming smile, his floppy brown fringe making him look younger than he was. Brigstocke just laughed.

Savah just smirked at him and turned to Dan’el and Nani “Come on you two, you must have something more flattering to say....”

“Ah...” Dan’el looked up from his datapad, he was aiming to catch up on last minute technical notes regarding the Ragnarök. He had only been on that Destroyer-converted-research-vessel several times since he had being stationed on board the Relentless and during those moments he had to act as an outside consultant for the Ragnarök’s scientists. “Wo-” He bit his bottom lip as he looked up Savah from toe to head. “Looks good... You certainly look the part. Hopefully we won’t lose you amongst the crowd.”

“Like you can talk,” Nani rolled her eyes and shook her head with bemusement. “You all might actually be mistaken for a scientists if you aren’t careful.”

"You make that sound like a bad thing.." Dan'el turned around to face her.

"It's their egos!" Nani retorted and nudged him. “Now don’t start getting any ideas, okay?”

“Since old Danny boy has been there several times, he’s literally part of the furniture” said Royce smiling “How can we lose such beautiful ladies as Savah and Nani”

Savah laughed, winked at Royce and then walked up the shuttle ramp. Brigstocke shook his head and followed her after picking up her kit.

Once everybody was aboard, Gerard being the last to board after making sure everybody had everything they needed, he commanded their pilot to take off and head towards Ragnarök after gaining clearance from the bridge.

“Alright kids let's go over the plan one more time” Gerard said moving to the front of the shuttle so they could all see him, he ran his steely gaze over each of them.

“Cosmo, Savah, and Dan’el, you’re going to be the ones acting normal on this mission, and by acting normal I mean going about your business as scientists do, try and get little titbits of information off your colleagues, might be useful later”.

“That shouldn't be too hard” said Cosmo smirking slightly.

“Myself and young Noah here will go and grab the Captain, we want to try to leave this person alive if possible, but if all our options are wasted then I’m afraid he will have to be dealt the death option”

Noonan nodded understanding his role, was to basically follow Gerards orders and act when needed.

“Royce, Nani, you’ve got the most important task, to retrieve the data and then set the ship to self destruct in the best way you can determine, Brigstocke here will be your bodyguard. “

“So it’s simple, pull off the data and make something blow up” said Royce smirking and then turning to Nani” I’ll bet you’ve got a big old surprise in store for these guys”

“Ohh.... You’re going to love what I have cooked up for them... ” Nani matched Royce’s smirk as she padded her pack. “Thanks to Dan’s notes, I am pretty sure my ‘babies’ and I can handle whatever Ragnarök has got. I’ve written an application that disguises itself as a routine system check... debugging certain programs, taking some offline. Sounds innocent enough, however it will extract and package the data we need from their terminals as a hidden subroutine while it rewrites the operations of the destroyer’s systems... the ship will be ours and once I’m set, it’ll be too late for them to stop the take over.” She smiled proudly in the fact that her weapon can be more devastating than anything anyone could physically wield. “You could consider that to be my big surprise.”

“The only weapon I have is right here” said Brigstocke patting his trusty sidearm which had been upgraded and modified to pack a nasty punch whether it be set to stun or kill “Hope I don’t have to use it”

“So do we Bobby” said Gerard sternly “ Now if you have any problems with orders and such, then present them with the orders we have received from and approved by Grand Admiral Thrawn himself, and make sure they are not the orders to destroy the ship”

The others smiled at that despite themselves. The Captain at least would know the real orders, but only when they found him and arrested him.

“Coming up on the Ragnarök sir” said the pilot “Will ask for permission to land”

“Excellent, let’s saddle up ladies and gents, myself, Newman and Brigstocke out first followed by the scientists. Royce, Nani, bring up the rear”

They all gathered up their equipment, the scientists gathering up their duffel bags with the equipment they needed and spare clothes hiding it all. Royce’s and Nani’s computer equipment was inside one of the other duffels which Royce would carry, Brigstocke, Gerard and Noonan only needed their blasters.

“So Dan’el” said Savah conversationally “What’s the best way for us to infiltrate this bird and get out again without us being blown to bits?”

“Getting in will be the easy part.” Dan’el gave a nod in the direction of the cockpit. “At the moment, they have no reason to suspect us... we go in and act..” he frowned slightly, it didn’t settle well with him about who they are going against, but orders are orders, even if they conflicted with what he once knew. “Well, whatever is considered normal nowadays...” He muttered before shaking his head. “Sorry, I’m blabbering.” He flashed Savah a smile. “Ah- We will be fine... we just have to occupy Pete’s attention, the lead scientist there. He is harmless... and somewhat clueless about everything else that is outside of his field. If we stick together, we can make it out with nothing to worry about.”

“Well that’s definitely a woman’s job” said Savah with a smirk “I hope he can handle medical jargon”.

“Ah... well, who can resist conversing with such a brilliant mind in the field?” Dan’el grinned as he readjusted the weight of his duffel bag over his shoulder. The confidence of the team made him feel a bit more at ease about what they were about to do. “I guess we’ll find out soon enough.”

TAG: To be continued.....

23. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Force Ghost star 4

Mar 28, 2004
    OOC This is a joint post between me and C_O, thank you!

~IC~ Captain Dorja
    Location: Chommell Sector - Obligon Nebula/Arrissa's Field - 'Relentless'

Captain Dorja gave a tight smile as he watched the 'Ambassador' from the Union finish his instructions to his entourage, and the elderly gentleman had turned to regard him.

Dorja stepped from his position and approached Dondarion, his eyes glanced warily of some of the armed and armoured personnel. "I do have one request, before you and your people are escorted to the quarters; that all weapons are to remain aboard your shuttle. This is for a safety and security precaution. I hope you’ll agree and understand that we don't want any misunderstanding to turn into an accident."

Eddard turned to face the Captain and smiled pleasantly at the man.

“I am pleased to inform you that we already did that. Just to be on the safe side. Of course you are free to frisk us if it is necessary.” he then turned his head looking at the Royal Guard Thaddeus.

His deeply black armor glinted on the artificial lightning. The visor of the inhuman looking helmet was burning red. He was completely still, though despite that he still looked threatening enough. Even without his weapons Thaddeus can easily be considered a walking one. This worried him, as the Royal Guards were the most zealous members and their mechanically augmented bodies made them quite strong and resilient. Combined with the fact that Thaddeus can be easily considered dead for several decades now, only supported by the machine that his body is. So he did not fear death and he had the means to inflict a lot of pain and do some damage. Eddard needed a way to keep an eye on the guard and keep him docile enough not to cause any further problems.

“I instructed the crew to be obedient and not to cause any trouble. I hope you will be understanding towards their peculiarities.”

“Thank you, I do appreciate your cooperation.” Dorja turned his head partially and glanced across to where the remaining platoon of Stormtroopers stood, their flawless white armour glinted under the harsh hanger lighting. “If you would permit... would you be kind enough to assist the security detail to confirm no weapons are amongst your crew? I assure you that there will be nothing to be concerned about regarding those under my command, they have been instructed well.”

Eddard nodded and turned towards his men in Kaladanese.

“You heard him, you will all comply with their procedures. I know it will be hard for you to endure the torture of being touched by an outsider but you will have to bear it.” he couldn’t hide his sarcasm from his voice.

He then turned again to Dorja.

“Please do be careful with the maids, after all they are just young and innocent girls.” then his gaze shifted indicating the Royal Guard Thaddeus “And I am sure you won’t need to frisk Thaddeus he doesn’t react well to this, besides he can be considered a walking weapon.”

“Hmm, we will take that into consideration.” Dorja answered the ambassador and gave a slight nod and motioned to the platoon. “We are required to stick to protocol after all.” Dorja explained as two armoured officers stepped from their ranks and walked over to them, they stopped and saluted smartly. “These two will conduct the inspection... if you would be so kind, Master Dondarion.”

Eddard fixed his gaze on the two officers then nodded slowly.

“I will set an example so you can start with me.” he said as he spread his arms and legs so that the two officers could properly frisk him. One of the officers withdrew a scanner which he pointed at the old man. Eddard could not see the waves of energy probing him for metal or dangerous substances inside his clothing. Next came the physical frisking which was the more unpleasant one. The officer who did it was brisk but professional as he is supposed to be. Eddard stood with spread arms and legs and trying to be cooperative.

“Isn’t there a female officer who can frisk the maids as in this way we could avoid the...”

He was not able to finish the sentence as one of the troopers removed their helmets to reveal a tough-looking girl, to him almost everyone on-board qualified as boys and girls. She looked serious with her striking green eyes, her red hair cropped short with the fringe left longer. Eddard nodded in understanding.

The female trooper along with her colleague went on to frisk the maids first as to be over with it. He could sense the tension emanating from the whole group, maybe with the exception of Thaddeus who probably didn’t feel anything at all. The girls were blushing, Eddard felt sorry for them. After all he was the reason for all these trials that they have to endure. The old man was amazed from the deep sense of loyalty that all the crew of the Aquila showed. They were ready to endure all kinds of humiliations if he asked them to.

The officers were swift and efficient with the maids and the old butler Jarvis. It was the turn of the Death Guards and the single Royal Guard. This worried Eddard, he hoped they won’t ask them to remove their gas masks or Thaddeus to remove his helmet. This will be a big insult. Well they couldn’t do it even if they wanted as they will die for sure without them, at least the Death Guards. The big mechanical monstrosity was already dead and removing his helmet will probably reveal a very gruesome picture. That is why Eddard was tense.

The Imperials were observant enough to see that the gas masks were fused with the faces and the oxygen tube probably went directly into the body under the dark grey overcoats they wore. The commissar and most of the soldier had a stylized human skull on their masks making him look even more inhuman. All of them were unmoving statues, for all they knew the troopers could be actually droids.

They stopped in front of Thaddeus, the old Jedi could sense their confusion. They didn’t know how to proceed. The female trooper scratched the back of her head and turned towards Dorja.

The procedure had been going well until this one snag... Dorja met the officer’s gaze and then regarded the standing hulk of the Royal Guard. Dondarion had informed him that the imposing figure of Thaddeus is dangerous and volatile around what they deem; ‘outsiders’. One would suggest to bypass the hulk however to allow Thaddeus to remain unchecked is a greater security risk and goes against protocol... protocol in which Dorja had instilled upon his crew. Without rules then there would be chaos and Dorja cannot allow chaos to have free reign on his ship. A compromise might have to be in order.

“Master Dondarion...” Dorja looked to the Ambassador. “...may I ask that you assist Thaddeus and the officers with this final safety.. and security procedure?”

Eddard snickered at the remark then turned towards Thaddeus in Basic so that the Captain will understand.

“Thaddeus, you are following my orders, right?”

After a brief pause came the booming voice.

“Of course Lord Advisor!”

Eddard nodded.

“Good, now you listen closely. You are to remain passive unless a direct threat is perceived, which I really doubt. We are guests on this ship, as the Captain indicated. As good guests we cannot cause trouble. Her Ultimacy will be displeased if we ruin her mission of bringing peace to our societies.”

It felt as if talking to a child but considering the fact that Thaddeus was effectively a machine, his human part long dead, the old Jedi needed to set the parameters in which he must act in this conflicting situation.

“Very well, Lord Advisor.”

The crimson visor was still scanning the area but everything else seemed relaxed. Well as relaxed as a machine could show. Eddard turned towards Dorja.

“I am afraid you cannot open his armor for a complete search. Besides you wouldn’t like what you will see. If I am correct the human part of Thaddeus has been dead for some time and if opened I am sure the odours will be quite ‘exquisite’.”

Dorja wrinkled his brow at the mention of the oddity that laid beneath that hulking armour, it was outside the realm of what he consider to be the norm. ‘What bizarre practices does the Union perform?’ He kept the comment to himself. The officers continued with the operation under the careful guidance of Dondarion and Dorja until they were satisfied that everything checked out. The officers stepped back and gave the all clear sign.

“Thank you again for your cooperation,” Dorja projected his voice for both Dondarion and the rest of the guests to hear him, “I apologise for what inconvenience you might have experienced just now. You are our guests and will be treated as such.” He paused to let the words sink in and then gestured to the remaining platoon of Stormtroopers, “These officers will show you to your designated quarters. Please follow their guidance, I hope that your stay will be pleasant and most hospitable.”

Dorja looked to Dondarion and regarded the elderly gentleman.

He snickered feeling the man’s distress over Thaddeus, the Union was very alien to the people of the rest of the Galaxy. Clearly Dorja didn’t know the Union’s maxim ‘Even in death I still serve!’.

“Thank you captain, we appreciate it and hopefully we will avoid any...incidents” smiled Eddard then nodded to the designated officers to lead the way to their cabins. “If you can excuse us, it has been an eventful day and I am not in my prime years anymore.”

TAG: To be continued

24. pashatemur

Jun 21, 2004
    OOC: Important! This is a long post reintroducing story line, summarizing the end of the previous installment of GAW, and inferring important plot points and the results of the final and victorious battle between the Galactic Empire and the Confederation of Independent Systems.

Forgive my very long absence, life intervened. I am no less busy, but hope to write now with some greater frequency. Welcome back to any of you still wishing to continue and to any of you who may be considering joining the RPG.

I have taken on Sithy's characters and Sin to finish this story arc and make a smooth transition forward. I will do so with other characters, as well, since we have been out of commission so long. If you have a character "dangling" in this RPG and I do not hear from you, I will eventually fade that character out or send it to "Neverland," in order to clean up the RPG. I want to thank all of you who have made enjoyable and entertaining contributions to GAW over the years and I wish you all the best.

Regards,
    Pash

IC: Anakin, Lord Vader, Re of Ursa, Imperial Executor and presumptive Emperor, Commissar Ahsoka Tano, Captain Scyther Vectis & the AllStars, Colonel Sin, Captain Sohmer, Commander Merch, Lieutenant R’chel Yaar, various members of the crew of Krayt’s Dragon

“I am sure Captain Sohmer knows how to deal with situations like this. I’m sure little things like transports don’t affect him either...Luckily Lieutenant Spencer of Unstoppable managed to find my group a more….interesting mode of transport.”

Vectis walked alongside keeping stride with a certain bound in her gait that was not so much born of an expedience to make up for the height differential between herself and the longer-legged Executor, but of a brimming energy that Anakin decided was a constant for the fiesty Commander of the famed “All Stars.” He looked from the perfectly coiffed Vectis to Sohmer, noting the verbal volley Scyther lobbed at the slightly rumpled Krayt’s Captain.

Captain Sohmer, for his part, seemed content in his slightly rumpled state to transcend Vectis’ veiled invective and respond to Anakin’s inference concerning Sin.

“Sadly, Your Majesty, we were all too privy to the Colonel’s sense of humour. Nothing subtle about mind-tricking your lieutenant into thinking that she is a twi’lek lap-dancer with twenty ‘creds’ pushed down the back of her….and never a handy translator droid around when you want one, is there?” Anakin nodded in understanding of Sohmer’s self-censoring and his mind filling in the words the Captain, in his discretion, had left out.

“I understand, Captain,” The young Emperor felt his right hand ball into a fist where it had been clasped with the other at the small of his back upon hearing of how Palpatine’s ‘Hand’ had managed, despite his extenuating circumstances on the cinder-ball that was Kalee, to disdain his saviours and harass and provoke them for the sole purpose of his dark little vanities.

Sin and his picayune dalliances with the Force, thought Anakin angrily. ...infantile, small-minded insecure grasps for power Sin ultimately feared he lacked and so he was a petty tyrant, a dangerous youngling, frozen in development at the time of his forced apprenticeship as a Sith, no doubt. Yet, how could it be otherwise. Sin was nothing more than an experiment to his Master, Lord Plagueis, a lab subject with little control over his own biological functioning - a changling Hsiss with but one ingrained, or rather, genetically engineered purpose; to serve and guard the Sith’arri. Yet, Sin increasingly lacked both the reasoning and discipline to override his many wayward and hair-brained impulses. He was unstable and becoming increasingly more so with time; a danger to himself and to others and yet, he was but one of a host of troubles Sidious bequeathed his second!

Ahsoka followed Anakin’s directive and lead.. or more so co-lead the complement of troops with General Lekhauf beside her. Behind them, the troopers marched in uniform, their formation to box and escort the cuffed ‘Colonel’ and make sure he was secure. Ahsoka could sense that some of the sombre emotions in those officers about her were still strong from the ceremony. Their leader had passed away and it would take time for them to adjust to the changes.

Ahsoka glanced over to Lekhauf as she heard one of the Captains in Anakin’s group recall their trip. It was more about the antics that the ‘one known as Sin’ had performed during the transportation of the late-Emperor’s body to the embassy. She could tell by the lines on Lekhauf’s face and the intensity of his hazel eyes that the Ursean was weary.

He must have noticed her observing him as his eyes met hers and he gestured a quiet greeting. Ahsoka gave him a slight nod and a small smile before turning her gaze ahead.

Gen. Lekhauf lifted his eyes, realizing the Togruta had glanced his way and by it, made conscious of the fact that he'd not slept in over 48 hours. He gestured in regard back to her. Noting the comely Togruta stood close at the side of the Re and Imperial Executor, that the Re had taken another Lieutenant while Lekhauf had been corralling the various security forces: Black Guard, Imperial and Senate. Lekhauf’s efforts had not been small for the task he’d been set was very difficult and the political reality was all three forces had their own culture and all shared overlapping jurisdictions. This was nothing new to Lekhauf, but penetrating the labyrinthine systems was like chipping away at basalt. Sin was but the cap to a harsh two days. “I'm General Lekhauft of the …”, he thought to himself for an instant. Yes he still was, "of the 501st and Black Guard. I'm overseeing the collapsing of various security units under one command...You are Ms. Tano?" he asked diplomatically, believing he had her name right.

“I am,” Ahsoka felt the weight of her left lek as it shifted under her chin and against her throat as she turned her head again to face the General more properly. “Command...” She cleared her throat as she corrected herself, she wasn’t a Commander anymore, old habits die hard. “Sorry, Commissar Ahsoka Tano, a pleasure to make your acquaintance General Lekhauf.”

Lekhauf saluted her by way of formalizing their introduction. “Commissar Tano.” He sized her up and down and then a flicker of recognition lit his face seeing the highly regulated weapon on her hip. “Am I to take it you knew the Re before the Empire’s inception?” He caught Sin’s expression and said, “Oh, forgive my omission. How could I forget!? This is Colonel Sin of the late Emperor’s...special forces, the Emperor’s ‘Hands.’ The Colonel has returned from the battlefield with the Emperor’s remains, so I’m sure you will forgive his rather rank odor. I’m sure, I speak for the both of us in saying it’s a pleasure to meet you.”

She smiled at the salute and the recognition Lekhauf had given her. “Thank you,” Ahsoka gave a nod over her shoulder to acknowledge the Colonel who took the opportunity to add a cryptic repetition of Lekhauf’s gentility, “...a pleasure..” and grinned back at her before Ahsoka had a chance to return her attention back to the General.

He was impossible! That smarmy grin the Sith gave her left a virtual after-image that, once detected she ‘wiped’ quickly from her mind’s eye.

Sin chuckled. He’d managed to get under the pretty Togruta’s skin - a glimmer of hope after all! As Sin congratulated himself, though, he again felt the disorienting queasiness that had accosted him when the Force dampening cuffs were clapped around his wrists. He stared ahead at the Sith’arri in anger and confusion. “No time for confusion...focus...” he told himself and began considering how he was going to extricate himself and exact revenge on the appropriate - oh nevermind, revenge on whomever!

“Yes,” Ahsoka smiled to Lekhauf, “I was with the Re before the inception of the Empire." She kept the details short, it was not the proper time to divulge more. "We had served together for a time."

Commissar Tano’s brief reply was enough to confirm Lekhauf’s hunch. She might have been an acolyte or a ‘Hand’ herself, for all he knew-the Emperor had so many “special operatives” and so did the Re, but the Re’s operatives tended to keep low profile compared to Palpatine’s. Ahsoka had a very generous and open nature about her and her light sabre looked well worn. This was a Jedi, and no doubt there! It was in line with the long running changes that the General had been observing in his commander’s bent.

Well, he could understand her brevity. Certainly, she was cleared to move about and with some good measure of authority, but with the government unstable, alliances crossed and played “close to the chest,” it was wise to say little. Even now, as they moved through the august halls of the Ursean Embassy, one could feel the collective anticipation and unease under the order and civility.

Lekhauf returned Tano’s pretty smile with one of his own, but said no more as the Re and presumptive Imperial heir spoke. The General looked up in attention. It was then he fully appreciated the transformation that shone in his superior’s face. The ravages of battle, the angry blistering welts, the thickened tissue, all was renewed, not even the time worn ‘badges’ of his previous life as a Jedi guardian remained. The reddish brown hair in its signature ‘nest,’ so oddly out of character for the Executor which had been all singed away was now a long silken mane spilling over the man’s shoulders in shiny skeins, no longer dry and brittle from radiation exposure to which small craft pilots were habitually subjected.

Looking about, aside from some spit and polish amongst the estimable Captain Vectis’ group, everyone looked battle weary, particularly Sohmer and the Krayt’s Fire crew, but that was surely largely due to dealing with Colonel Sin and his brilliant sense of humor, thought the General wryly. The Sith was a piece of work that had Lekhauf as near the boiling point as anyone had ever gotten him. He could not lie, he would love to have shoved Sin into the hole beneath that wreck of a black pyramid the old Emperor had made his palace.

Roused from his thoughts by the undercurrents sustained beneath Vectis and Sohmer’s restrained replies, Anakin offered his apology for Sin’s offense toward the young Lieutenant in Sohmer’s crew to whom he glanced over his shoulder and then also for delaying the introductions; though, he had to wonder whether civility would improve matters between the two Naval officers walking at his side. “Captain Vectis, Captain Sohmer, I am ...grateful for your discretion and effective actions.” Gesturing, he indicated all should follow him into one of the Embassy’s more modest receiving rooms where a large table and chairs had been set up to accommodate all involved in the operation and including two Imperial and Ursean legal officers of minor rank to record the debriefing.

The long oval table seemed dwarfed by the large and polished marble columns that lined the two-storied room along with the busts of Ursean philosophers and potentates whose visages seemed to look down from the gallery above on the precedings with gravity.

Anakin stood behind a chair midway along the length of the large dark highly polished wooden table. Opposite him, were places for Sohmer and Vectis, their various crew members and the legal witnesses at either end. Sin, General Lekhauf and Commissar Tano were assigned seats opposite Anakin and toward the left of Captain Vectis and her officers. Around the room were posted a combination of white clad troopers and Black Guard. Two officers of the Admiralty, two from the ISB and several other Imperial departments stood at attention, where they’d been standing anxiously for some 15 minutes waiting for the landing party to arrive in situ.

“Please, be seated,” the Re said, sitting and beginning immediately, “You can all appreciate that time is of the essence. I’m...eh...not...ahem...used to running debriefings off the field of battle, so bear with me and forgive me any roughness. I’ll begin. This debriefing is to give record by all immediately involved in events leading to the
    death of His Imperial Majesty and the recovery of the late Emperor Palpatine’s body, as well as it’s subsequent ...ahem conveyance here to Imperial Center...

From her vantage point, Ahsoka looked on as her Master retold the final moments of the campaign. She knew well her Master’s gestures and expressions. Though he addressed the assembly with authority, she knew he cared no more than he ever had for debriefings, but he was... focused in a way she had not seen before. She reached out into the bond to touch his mind and lightly gave him a comforting nudge, conveying to him in that brief connection that he had her support. The tips of her lekku languidly curled and unfurled as she listened and leaned closer.

“The three front battle design was largely my responsibility with contributions from the Imperial Admiralty, but the Emperor took his own prerogative in orchestrating an advanced operation with the purpose of disabling the main power source for the believed to be still slaved Separatist battle platform, the Requiem-the capture of which was one of our stated objectives.

His Imperial Majesty placed a small force of specially trained troopers under the command of Colonel Sin whom he charged with the execution of this covert operation planet side and another team was to take the station. For the record, I made express my opinion that Colonel Sin was inappropriate to this level of authority due to past failu...incidences of negligence both here on Coruscant and in Ursa.” Having said this, Anakin bore Sin a steely glance before continuing-a glance which Sin returned with the most non chalant aspect as he could marshall.

The Scarlet clad “guardian’s” delusions and “visions” lent him to making unwise choices, meeting mear “pit fires” with “deadly force” or Hsiss rampage, the result - total failure on Sin’s part and yet, Sidious insisted he be spared, citing his own ability to keep Sin under control and Anakin had believe in that ability of Palpatine’s. He’d believed a lot of things Sidious had said, inferred or implied, too many things!

“Further, I was unaware of the Emperor’s intentions of joining the battle and initial push to capture the Mountain power generator along with me until he revealed himself on our transport to the insertion point on Kalee. The military briefing and archives will show the Emperor’s inclusion was not a part of the stated plan.

Colonel Sin had landed some time before my contingent and breached the CIS defenses at the power plant. Colonel Sin’s actions in the power pits directly precipitated the explosions that decimated several of our own battalions and destabilized the slope of the mountain and eventually lead to the volcano’s eruption.”

Ahsoka cupped her chin with the palm of her hand as she leaned her elbow in the table. Her fingers curled inward, her knuckles resting against her mouth. She bit her bottom lip, her upper teeth scrapped across the skin as she listened intently to the recount of the final operation. She conjured up the imagery from her own memories of past campaigns to picture what Anakin had experienced on Kalee. The scorching heat and sulphuric fumes from the broken world, Lola Sayu... that Citadel debacle... Tarkin.

‘Would Kalee have played out differently if I had been there fighting alongside them?’ The thought crossed her mind, ‘but then again... what would be the cost to my participation there? One must not dwell on what if’ she reminded herself, pulling her mind away from a possible series of tangents.

“During the battle, I was separated from my men and the Emperor by lava flow, but I was able to see the Emperor thrown from the mountain with enough force to send his body a great distance behind our offensive line. I did not, however witness how this action was effected or how it ended. I could only infer what the late Emperor’s condition might be. The lava was taking most of our contingent and it traveled fast and covered most of the valley in the few seconds I could see. It was the bluff opposite the city below that channeled the molten river from moving further beyond to the point where his body disappeared from my sight. I knew no more.”

The young Emperor looked down at his hands clasped before him on the table, his shoulders sagging as he sighed inwardly. Even a seasoned force-adept could be overwhelmed by the super-sensory, super-sentient manifestations of the Force. How to frame the seemingly impossible feats and actions of that day or many others he cared little to recount, but recount he must, if there was to be the transparency necessary for rebuilding the government, for enculcating the belief in the people that the government could work!

“A curtain of lava prevented me from seeing more and I had to defend my own position.” Anakin didn’t want to address the matter of the issue of the dark entity “Umbrus.” That force was more than he could comprehend without further meditation. Even as he thought of how the compelling entity had tried to lure and deceive him, how hard he’d had to struggle to resist her or him...or...it...the …Yam...-he couldn’t remember what Revan had called it, he remembered the slithering, cold ‘touch’ of it! He shook his head slightly and straightened to hide the shiver that subtly traversed his spine. Just remembering brought back the infinite cold of that being. It promised power, ultimate and supreme with the death of nothing less than the Force and it proceeded to draw the Force in using Anakin as a beacon. The Force funneled through him like a raging river, scouring, upbraiding and scraping as the Umbrus fed its insatiable appetite. The young Emperor had had to choose, in that moment, distill the mess of his life and atone. The death of everything for ultimate power - how could he put that detail before this bevy of officers and bureaucrats?!

“The planet grew unstable and dark, as if eclipsed. Our forces literally fell where they stood or flew. Why some and not others, I’ve no idea. This event can be corroborated by logs from the various destroyers and group leaders across the Kalee theatre...”

The words flowed and he no longer spoke as sovereign, but as one who stood amidst that ashen inferno and beheld this black/red melee in all its brutal, scalding terror, as one who looked on as if he’d never before seen the naked ugliness of it all before. He recounted how the wall of fire cut him off from the battle frey, the boom and thunder of which he could still hear over the roar of the volcano, the fumes so permeating the air, he had strained to draw sustaining breath. The black shadow of that death came suddenly and ships fell from the sky, he told them.

He unclasped his hands before him on the table, palms down.

“That was the last I saw of Dantius Palpatine till identifying the corpse minutes ago.”

Anakin again surveyed those seated about the large table and told them, his features set in sphinx-like still, how after his urgent foray across the steaming riverbed, through the charred stumps of what had once been thick rain forest, he trudged knee deep in ash, searching.

“My initial inspection of the environs around the mountain power plant yielded little other than the curious fact, I could not sense His Imperial Majesty’s presence anywhere. The planet’s tectonic activity was still quite violent and the lava field was vast. Due to my injuries, I had to quit my search before I could discover more.” Clearing his throat, Anakin paused.

He relayed his return to the Executor and the failure of the expeditionary force to take the battle platform, Requiem. The catyclismic explosion which destroyed it, recounted Anakin, cast the nearby ships about in their moorings like toys in a bathing pool.

“Upon returning to my Imperial flagship, Executor, the Emperor’s personal beacon, which apparently had been turned off, was remotely engaged and located on the planet beyond the base of the volcano where the power plant was located and upon the canyon wall I mentioned earlier, opposite the city. For a brief few minutes it signalled and then ended transmission. A search party was sent to investigate, but was unable to find the Emperor or any further evidence of him remaining.

Everyone in the room seemed to inhale at once as the Re ended his part of the debriefing concerning the late Emperor’s demise.

Anakin made Captain Sohmer’s introduction and urged him to give his account.

Sohmer must have surprised not only his officers but himself with the succinct and thorough retelling, for he blinked and stood in quiet for a moment after he announced his conclusion.

Sin, for his part, had lain his head upon the table in an attempt to stop the room from turning and harrumphed at the several time Sohmer invoked his name. He would have been content to rest just so a little longer, but his ease was interrupted by the expectant stare of all around him.

Phhhhhtt! Sin said, leaning back in his chair and shifting his shock of jet black hair that perpetually hung in front of his face and that seemed to please and attract the sort of female attention he desired. A dull thud and then another rang in the reverberant room as one and then the other of his heavy buckled boots landed on the table. The “Hand” leaned back and stretched his legs on the table before him tilting the chair back.

In the heavy cuffs, Sin turned his left hand before him in a flourish. “I didn’t see a thing. As it happened, I myself was hurled from that erupting mountain, so I can’t really add more to the story. As for Captain Sohmer’s finding me and the Emperor’s personal beacon, yes, I found it and switched it on and off. I thought it might get me off that “ash-hole” of a planet myself and finding the Emperor’s body was probably due to the fact we were thrown from the mountain at the same time by the same force. That’s all I have to offer. I myself sustained injury and as you find me now, I had very little latitude at the time.” Tossing his cuffed wrists up for all to see, Sin stuck his tongue in his cheek, raised his brows, and nodded to Anakin. He would say no more. Sin had given his recount about meeting a woman in the core of the power plant who lead him afield and he blamed the whole explosion on her deception, how she tricked him into thinking she was someone he knew.

Apart from sounding for a brief moment like the late Emperor’s aviary, the room grew tense, the laughter dying down as everyone realized Sin and the presumptive Emperor were at odds.

Anakin stared a hole in the table beneath his clasped hands. What he wanted to say was, ”Yes, Colonel, you do seem to need rescuing from the “fires” you set,” but nearly a decade as Re of Ursa had taught him a modicum of restraint, and he had to be satisfied with warning, ”Your cooperation will go some way in mitigating your current circumstances, Colonel Sin.

Sin sat in silence as both Sohmer and Commander Merch exchanged knowing glances. You could cut the proverbial tension with a blade. A glance to the Sith’s wrist cuffs was inevitable, as Sohmer clear his scratchy throat. This seemed to amuse Sin, upon whose face Sohmer could spy a slight grin. The Captain reminded himself to make a list of all Sin’s “cooperation.”

Zero sector’s comptroller sent an officer who was invited to present information on comings and goings of all the parties involved, the last of whom mentioned was Captain Vectis and her battle group.

”Captain Vectis, we shall hear your accounting of your knowledge and involvement in the matter of the Emperor’s death and the return of the corpse. You are free to speak plainly to this convention,” said Anakin, gesturing to Scyther with his right hand, ungloved and new flesh warmed in a shaft of light.

Anakin inhaled deeply. Now was not the time to relate his experience en route to battle, his encounter with the 'alien'. He looked about carefully and wetted his lips, the image of the warrior felled upon the deck, his scarred face and bony protuberances harshly shadowed in the dark, his strange crab-like armor so distinct and vivid in his memory.

Focus.

He looked to Captain Vectis with her crisp, well kempt uniform and coiffed hair, her almond shaped eyes direct. He hoped to discern just how much information had gotten round concerning the Emperor’s death. It would be instructive, either way, to hear what this singular officer had to say. She was without doubt both wise and prudent to tracked so far up through the ranks of the decidedly misogynist Admiralty.

Ahsoka shifted her weight from her elbow and sat back with her hands clasped together as the invite was given for Captain Vectis to speak. She glanced over to Anakin and saw something in his eyes a look... as though for a fraction of a second he was transported to a place far away. She pursed her lips... she knew that look. Was he experiencing a vision of the Force? Or something had lingered that was left unsaid? It was clear to her that Sin’s abrasive personality and his snide remarks irked most of those at this table, was it related? It is another thing to ask Anakin once this debriefing concludes, she thought to herself as the tip of her right lek swished on her lap. Her hand subconsciously reached down and held it as she turned her head to direct her gaze to the Captain to give her undivided attention.

* * * Meanwhile... * * *

The aliens were in disarray. They were of a primitive stage in their own development and their minds cut off from each other. Like soil tillers, their minds were hardly put to much use and they blindly pushed ahead after vain pursuits that did little to improve their awareness and reach or connected, for that matter.

The General folded his arms across his chest and flexed his wings as watched the mad activity their ship’s arrival had provoked. A sea vessel had been absorbed due to it’s proximity to the Cha ship and now the inhabitants of the world swarmed about the gargantuan Cha’ ala ship in fear and anger . Their craft bussed the ship in swarms like gnats, their columns of fighters splitting and banking acutely after they let loose a rain of ineffective missiles.

His jaw worked as he concentrated, reaching out to Se’Iva’s mind, nearly touching now. Ch'o etas was undone by his sister's treachery, but she was a dominant and the commune would not break from the way of the collective without first reading her intentions themselves. Ch'o etas did not relish the division her departure had made between pride mates but more importantly, making him take the dire action he had had to take after the ones who called themselves Sith had muddled their way into the core.

For eons, the aliens outer and more farther flung parts of the galaxy were known to the Cha' ala, but sometime in the distant past, the Cha had left them to their own "desserts." They were an impossible collection of frenetic races, riddled by unbridled compulsions of individuality and greed. They lived, for the most part, cut off from each other and blind to their own inner selves and the way of their host worlds. A Cha felt nature, felt it's vibrations, it's carbon cycles, read and digested through sense of smell and through synthesis the life around them. The Cha’ala lived a fluid existence, their awareness extending far beyond their own skin. In contrast, to the Cha, it seemed that the aliens were dull, even heinous in their plodding self-exile from their own habitats and their solitudinous sense of the self.

His subordinates hummed with exact and perfect coordination as the mayhem they had perpetrated on this alien world erupted in smoke and hissing steam. The Cha'ala ship had penetrated the planet's atmosphere, inserting from hyperspace after having traced Se'Iva's signature. The General felt her so near, pursued her though she pushed him away, a thing she would never have even thought to do before the miserable Sith arrived!

Ch'o etas’ Lieutenant fidgeted nervously, at the General’s side and Ch’o etas was aware his second wished to commune, but the General dare not let go of his connection with the Dominant or he might lose her yet again. So close! She was flagging and he compelled her to return with him, but Se'Iva continued to try shutting him out of her mind and just as he thought he had her, the light of her being winked out. Disappeared and fell away as if severed crudely from her heritage, as if ... gone on beyond the horizon.

His second leaned in to say, "The aliens are attempting to communicate with us and probing to…."

Ch'o etas smashed the living console before him and the ship screamed out in anguish just as the General did. He fell back and screamed too in great pain. Cut away from him, Se'Iva seemd to have died and disappeared from existence altogether. "Revert, revert. We return to the collective. I need to ... I need to ... it can’t be ..." He stumbled. The crew looked on somberly, sensing what the General had surmised and felt. Yet, no one could accept the Dominant had died.

"Miserable, dross! Cut a hole in that sky and get us home..." he cried, back handing the dazed second and leaving the bridge angrily, left a trail of fury behind him.

The ship pulled away from the seething, boiling sea it had made of the ocean beneath it. It turned, glowed brightly and sucked over 20 of Kaladan's best defense craft into its hyperspace wake in a ripped fracture of atmosphere that arced as the Cha'ala ship reverted and the Union ships became a mass of debris permanently rolling end over end in hyperspace just beyond the gravity well of Kaladan.

The aliens deserved the conversion that must surely come. He would later fold his hands and rest his brow there as he considered the Collective's possible imperatives. A Cha'ala could consider the merits of efforts so far from the core worlds, the progressive or regressiveness of the billions of "extractions" that must be taken of the aliens. They were dangerous dolts. It cannot be helped. Those who called themselves "emissaries" should have been absorbed to begin with, their life forces directed toward more useful purposes from the start.

He had been angry enough to challenge Se’Iva, to hurt her if he could get at her, but now that it seemed she had died, he grieved. His mind flooded with so many questions. How had it happened? Why? Was she wounded somehow? Did her alien friends betray her?

He would look over the data they the Cha’ala had collected and make what determinations he felt he could. The aliens were not going anywhere.

The General regretted his wasteful outburst at the helm. Such manifestations of emotion were strongly trained out of all Cha'ala as counter to the Collective good. He would channel that energy towards the task to come. Regrettable that the aliens had brought the Collective's "eye" upon them. But unruly cancer must be curbed, mustn't it...

TAG: Scyther Vectis and any with characters already in the room who wish to continue.

Sinrebirth and Kalio_Dynkos like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.