main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub The Imperial Remnant Fan Club: Order & Justice For The Common Good

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Robimus, Sep 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. imiller

imiller Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2004
    No - that's cool. I agree that fan clubs should be about coming together about things we love - we've certainly got enough threads in lit to express frustration.

I think the fact that we both enjoy Saretti and think he must have done something awesome to get a destroyer in Legacy is exactly that!

Robimus likes this.
  2. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    Now we just need Saretti art so as we might know what he looks like.:p

3. imiller

Apr 26, 2004
    Hmmm...maybe he could be non-white...even East Asian...so in addition to being awesome, he's also not Another White Moff Dude! It might even explain why he's so cool, being different makes his perspective more interested in the big picture, rather than the infighting we see in the Moff Council during Ruin. (Sorry, reading the diversity thread and then coming here makes me have weird thoughts) :)

4. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    We would need to review the text, but yes its possible. All I recall is him being a human male with long fingers:p

Of interest, though he turned traitor to Imperial ideals, one of the very few asian Star Wars characters we have seen is Grand Admiral Grant.

[​IMG]

5. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    Mostly thus far we have been talking about the heroes of the Empire. Maybe we should shift gears a little bit and talk about the villians.

A few come to mind for me right away, but there have been a whole bunch over the years.

Vilim Disra tried to overthrow Pellaeon with a fake Grand Admiral Thrawn and the clone of a former Imperial Royal Guard.

Kurlen Flennic used the Vong war and the reported death of Pellaeon to try and seize power.

Moff Quille signed into a deal with Darth Caedus to eliminate Pellaeon and nearly succeeded in his power play if not for Reige, Daala and a Mandalorian strike force.

Moff Lecersen, thought of highly by Pellaeon, tried to turn the post Second Galactic Civil War Empire in his favor with an elaborate scheme to eliminate the newly minted Head of State Jag Fel.

Which brings us to Natasi Daala. Her finger prints have been all over the Empire in the years following the Palpatine Empire's demise. Something of both a villian and a hero and multiple different intervals. Without her there would maybe be no Empire left as her drastic actions that united the fueding warlords factions. Then after numerous failures she had the intelligence enough to step aside and hand the Empire over to Pellaeon's care, staying on to help the deep core warlords.

Many years later, at Pellaeon's request she returned to aid the Empire and eliminted Quille's bid for power before somehow finding her way into the GA's presidential suite on Coruscant. With her time on Coruscant at an end she threw in with Lecersen and attempted to take the Empire for her own. Both military and political moves by Jag Fel quickly squashed her hopes.

I'm sure there are more. Who am I missing?

6. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Lecersen is an interesting one, because he was included in Pellaeon's list of allies in Revelation, though that may have been Lecersen simply collecting allies. Of course, we know that everything he did played into the hands of the Sith and Daala so he lost a lot of his gains. I wonder what the post-FotJ Remnant has in mind for him.

Daala is a villain that craves Order yet seems to sow more chaos than she can account for. Her continuing the Galactic Civil War in a muted form beyond 19 ABY in the Deep Core had a very small chance of success, yet she gladly caused that chaos for a few more years of spite. She is simultaneously the saviour and the doom of the Remnant. Which is what happens to heroes, in the end. The biggest issue with her, and with much of the cast, is letting go of the situation. Had Daala simply retired, I doubt have of the galaxies issues that we have faced would have arisen. Which is saddening, after a fashion, because she is an Imperial hero, but in the sense that she is a parent who cannot let go of her children and seeks to exert control over them far beyond the infancy of the Remnant.

I wonder if Tol Getelles counts as a villain or a hero!

Robimus likes this.
  7. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    I actually really enjoyed seeing Getelles again. I suspect characters that create weapons of mass destruction aren't heroes, but it was interesting to see that he was still struggling along as an Imperial all these years later.

8. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    It was quite interesting to see the additional context - when Pellaeon signed the treaty, there were Imperials throughout the galaxy that weren't included in his Empire.

I do wonder what would have happened had the Remnant sued for peace in 13 ABY and then the Yuuzhan Vong had invaded in 25 ABY. They would have still attacked between the Remnant and NR, which places Dac on the wrong side of the divide, but it is fairly obvious the Yuuzhan Vong would have lost in the end. The One Sith would have maybe settled elsewhere - Roon maybe? I have little doubt that the Vong and Remnant would have come to blows earlier when Shai sent forces to Bimmiel...

... but the Empire would have been able to secure the Tion Cluster in the aftermath if they continued east as they actually did... bringing the Corporate Sector within the Imperial sphere of influence but also causing them to border Hutt Space and Kesh... and then of course absorbing Sith Space.

Messier prospects for the Remnant, I reckon. They would have been dragged into conflict more often and less likely to expand as neatly as it has... it may have also collapsed into the mess Jagged had to deal with a lot earlier with more Moffs for Pellaeon to handle.

9. LexiLupin

LexiLupin Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 27, 2011
    *hops aboard*

I'm quite excited for this fan club- I have a soft spot for honorable Imperials. Pellaeon has been a favorite since I first got into the EU and especially with SotP/VotF; love Soontir and later Jag Fel; I think Teren Rogriss is one of the best minor characters in the whole Xwing series; and my affection for Reige started with LotF, but his appearance in Ascension was one of the few bright spots of that book.
    Mostly, I'm just intrigued at this point to see when and how the Remnant evolves into the Fel Empire- though I hope it isn't rushed. I'd like to see Reige as HoS for a while.

Robimus likes this.
  10. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    Welcome!

I wonder if we will se an expanded role for Soontir in the post FOTJ Empire? It would certainly be very welcome.

11. LexiLupin

Mar 27, 2011
    As far as we know, he's still bopping about the Ascendancy, isn't he?
    (after inexplicably winding up there in the first place in the odd and never-explained collapse of the EotH)
    Actually, come to think of it- someone must be leading this revived EotH...

12. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    We do get the arrival of the Empire of the Hand's fleet in FOTJ. I'd like to think he has some involvement there.

13. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    So lets talk about the Aliens of the Empire!

Did you know that these guys are proud Imperial citizens?

[​IMG]

14. imiller

Apr 26, 2004
    Well, obviously the Chiss. However, I am curious about other species who might be big. According to Legacy, the Givin have a Moff, and there's plenty of Chagrian sith. What is Nihl?

15. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    The Chiss would actually be beyond Imperial Space, though I think it might be pretty safe to name them allies, at least in the timeframe of the Pellaeon run Empire.

Another prominate member would be the Muun, backing both the Imperial and Republic credit from Muunilinst.

General Grievous's people, the Kaleesh, might also be in there. They certainly are as of Legacy.

16. imiller

Apr 26, 2004
    Off and on - they're certainly not GA/NR allies.

Also, anyone know the official Zabrak story for the Empire - are there any Zabrak planets that are official members of the Empire?

17. LexiLupin

Mar 27, 2011
    Do you think so? I'm skeptical of that idea... there's never much evidence that the Remnant knows about the Ascendancy until the Yuuzhan Vong war, everyone comes together late in the game to form the Galactic Alliance, but it always seemed to me that the Chiss backed away from that after the end of the war. They certainly had no qualms about entering conflict with the GA (Empire & Pellaeon included) in the Swarm War a few years later.
    Would Chiss military doctrine really allow them to ally with anyone though? If the whole premise is to only strike at direct threats to Chiss territories, would they be legally allowed to lend aid to another entity? Or did all of that mentality go out the window with the YV war, the formation of the GA, and the apparent integration of parts of the Empire of the Hand into the Ascendancy?

Speaking of which, do we have an Ascendancy/EotH fan club? If not, why?

Edit: forget the Swarm War point, I'm forgetting my GFFA history apparently and confusing the almost-conflict with the GA over the Ackbar getting hijacked by Killiks with the fact that the GA was on the Ascendancy's side during the war. Silly me.

18. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Nagai, from the old Marvel comics. They're extragalactic, and worked with Lumiya.

19. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    It would depend on how closely associated the Chiss are with the Empire of the Hand. We definitly see te EotH coming to Jag's aid in FOTJ which makes me think that at least at that point they are on good terms.

20. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    I wonder how many Yuuzhan Vong might live in the Empire? I'd imagine that some stragglers ended up here and there.

21. imiller

Apr 26, 2004
    Well...for all that I love the Empire, I'm not sure they'd be very open to it. In the GA, we have examples of people being able to adopt Vong orphans, but I don't think the Remnant was that open to inter-species adoptions at that point (judging by Destiney's Way). It's quite possible that post-Invincible, with the Imperial Mission established and the Hearts and Minds philosophy of Jag Fel, you might start getting that kind of philanthropy officially allowed/sanctioned. But until then, I see the Vong as "those horrible aliens we helped fight and need to stay away from our worlds" in the Remnant.

22. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    Yeah, I don't think we would have Imperials adopting Vong either. I could just see them settling on an uninhabited world.

Its all speculation anyway since the Vong disappeared until 137 ABY :p

23. imiller

Apr 26, 2004
  24. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    And Scut would disagree :p

25. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    Anyone have an example that didn't not exist prior to 2012?[face_devil]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.