main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Sword of the Jedi by Christie Golden

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Todd the Jedi , Sep 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RevaDurron

RevaDurron Jedi Master star 5

Jan 27, 2005
    Ideally this new series would be really awesome if they had a little bit of everything thrown in. (That's asking for a bit much, I understand. :( )

Seriously though, have 60% of it actual plot/action/kicking but/etc.. and the other 40% about Jaina and all that entails.. (with a little room for changing the percentage or course.. :p )

2. millenniumfalcon2013

millenniumfalcon2013 Jedi Youngling

Sep 9, 2012
    I hope this series will take place in the Unknown Regions and will feature the Empire of the Hand. I've been waiting years for a Jaina/Jag adventure novel set in the UR. After this trilogy I hope there will be a Post-FOTJ Ben Skywalker trilogy written by Timothy Zahn.

lukemaraben likes this.
  3. RC-1991

RC-1991 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2009
    IIRC Zahn has stated that he isn't interested in writing in the post-RotJ era for the forseeable future, mainly due to axing Mara (I have to wonder if Pellaeon's ignominious death also played a part). As awesome as Zahn writing Ben would likely be, he's currently latched onto the OT era as his fertile ground.

EDIT: However, the main reason that the EotH has been left mostly blank is so that Zahn can pick it up whenever he wants to, per Dan Wallace's endnotes to the Unknown Regions campaign guide.

4. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    I wonder what his main objection is, then, of writing Mara before LOTF and after the NJO? Perhaps the looming death would stifle any enthusiasm he had over writing her in that time period?

5. beccatoria

beccatoria Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 8, 2006
    Also if it was an EotH story, those are typically more standalone and less relevant to the wider galactic situation because the area is so politically secretive. That would be a Jaina/Jag adventure tale, like Suvivor's Quest was for Luke and Mara, not a story setting up the next era of the EU and Jaina as (one of) its new primary lead(s). Not that there's anything wrong with the former, it's just the limited information we have sounds more like the latter to me.

6. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    Yeah, he's basically said that he's not particularly interested in dealing with the post-NJO situation. Which is a problem, since he's one of about three or four people DR ought to run to about the post-NJO situation screaming "FIX THIS!"

7. Black Sun 4 Life

Black Sun 4 Life Jedi Youngling

Sep 8, 2012
    It is already fixed, just ignore a couple of decades and do a Kol Skywalker book.

Mia Mesharad likes this.
  8. millenniumfalcon2013

millenniumfalcon2013 Jedi Youngling

Sep 9, 2012
    I can't believe Zahn doesn't want to do anymore Post-Jedi books. He has said on occasions that he would love to a Skywalker family novel with Luke,Mara and Ben set before LOTF( recently he said was bouncing around some ideas for it on Facebook) and also he would love to a Post-Jedi novel set between Survivor's Quest and NJO and feature Luke/Mara,Han/Leia,Corran/Mirax,Talon Kaarde/Shada and Baron Fel. Both books could feature Luke and Mara and later Luke,Mara and Ben teaming up with the EotH. It would be an awesome way to bring the EotH back. Both books if they happen could be out around 2014/2015/2016.

9. Hope

Hope Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 27, 1999
    Zahn is at the top of my list of authors I would love to see write a Ben Skywalker book. I'll miss not having this book on my shelf but I don't blame the guy for steering clear of the post NJO era. It's a huge mess. Maybe he'll change his mind one day but I'm not holding my breath waiting for this to happen.

Having a middle aged or near middle aged Skywalker kid coming out of the woodwork to wreak havoc in Luke and Ben's lives is a bad bad idea (which means it will probably happen). What Ben really needs is to be pried away from his dad's side and start forming relationships and interacting with people near his own age and who aren't related to him. I hate for Ben to end up like that guy who lives with seventy cats yelling at kids to stay off his lawn.

Ever since the SotJ trilogy was announced I was crossing my fingers hoping Ben wouldn't have more than a cameo in these books. The more I think about what Golden did to Ben (and Vestara) in Ascension the more I want her to stay away from this character. I don't know what to expect from her this time around but I am not hopeful. Ugh!

10. Mia Mesharad

Mia Mesharad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    I like your thinking! Any expansion on the life of Kol Skywalker is more than welcome in my book.

11. cthugha

cthugha Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 24, 2010
    So, you mean... a Yuuzhan Vong/Skywalker child? [face_skull]

12. RC-1991

RC-1991 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2009
    Plot twist: Not only were Kol Skywalker and Nei Rin lovers, but Kol actually fathered a child by little miss Shaper.

13. Lazy Storm Trooper

Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 18, 2012
    Ummmm... Is it just me or do I see alot of red lightsabers?

14. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    yes we need lots of Ben, and lots of Kol before we go forward anymore into the future. frankly i hope its decades before we lose Luke. he is the biggest reason i read.

lukemaraben and dewback_rancher like this.
  15. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    I wanna see Ben, Jaina and Allana all interact more.'

Legocloneguy22 it's supposedly the Lost Tribe of the Sith. I'm not really sure who they are, though. Since I'm only midaway through LOTF.

A Tool likes this.
  16. Lazy Storm Trooper

Sep 18, 2012
    Were they not defeted in FOtJ?

17. Allana_Rey

Sep 2, 2012
    Maybe SOTJ opens up with a flashback of them?

18. Lazy Storm Trooper

Sep 18, 2012
    I do not know FOtJ ends I am reading them in paperback and am only on Vortex.

19. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Based off a picture from SW Book's NYCC booth it appears that the cover for the first book will be revealed this weekend.

20. Allana_Rey

Sep 2, 2012
  21. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    Is that image on the first page official? Because it is fantastic!

22. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    It does look like the Coruscant skyline - common background to all the FotJ Hardbacks.

23. Skywalker2B

Skywalker2B Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 8, 2000
    Why would they even have a cover for a book that doesn't come out until 2014? That stinks. I was hoping for next year.

24. Allana_Rey

Sep 2, 2012
    They never said it was coming out in 2014.

25. Skywalker2B

Skywalker2B Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 8, 2000
    If you look at the pic SW Books posted on FB, in the lower right hand of the SotJ preview pic, you can see "Coming in 2014". I don't remember if they said 2014 at CVI when they first announced it, but, I, for one, am hoping that they'll push that up to 2013. And, please, DR, if you release a book in December, do so BEFORE Christmas so people can get it for me as a gift.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.