main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Grade The Episode - 422 "Revenge"

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Robimus, Sep 9, 2012.

?

Grade The Episode - 422 "Revenge"

1. 10

28.1%
  2. 9

9.4%
  3. 8

18.8%
  4. 7

9.4%
  5. 6

3.1%
  6. 5

9.4%
  7. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 3

3.1%
  9. 2

12.5%
  10. 1

6.3%
  1. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    I think we missed out on this one when the move happened thus leaving a big hole in our statistcial blatherings. We will need a Mod to maintain the average as I won't be able to edit after a certain timeframe.

On a scale from 1 to 10, what score do you give this episode?

Please note this is NOT the episode discussion thread, so please limit the discussion to the grades and overall evaluation of the episode.

Grade average:

2. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    OK, so my vote is in. I didn't like this episode what so ever. My veiws are up in the Discussion thread if anyone is interested, just go back to page 11 or so.

So yeah, not as bad as Brothers, but I still can't justify going above 1 for this epsiode.

3. Drewton

Drewton Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 8, 2009
    2 for effort.

GGrievous likes this.
  4. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    I gave it an 8. The entire first third of this episode still being spent on Maul's "resurrection" really messes with the whole thing for me. There are a bunch of individual things I love about this from the Force-magicks to the brutality of Maul decapitating several people with a single stroke of the lightsaber, but I just think the structure of this one detracts severely from its potential. They had to try to cram too much stuff into the last 2/3 of it for it to flow right. The beginning of Brothers was similarly wasted, but it didn't ruin the flow of the rest of the episode because there wasn't as much to cram into the last 2/3.

5. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I am split. On one hand the episode was very well done BUT the fact that it is Maul working with Savage kinda ruins it all.

6. Convor

Convor Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 25, 2011
    I haven't rewatched this one since it aired, but right now my score is hovering around a 5.

Give me 23 minutes.

Dark Lord Tarkas and Robimus like this.
  7. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004

Only thing I liked was OW teaming up with Ventress. The rest was terrible.

FARK2005 likes this.
  8. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Still haven't seen the last 3.

9. Esg

Esg Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    1 I felt hyped up by Luceno and let down by Filoni

10. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    I gave it a 9. The choreography was good, the Raydonia massacre was chilling, "It began without me?" from Maul on the Clone Wars was a nice touch, and Ventress/Obi-Wan made it for me.

11. LordMortis315

LordMortis315 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    10/10

Excellent return of the badass Maul, and the four-way duel was awesome. Definitely the highlight of the season.

12. Senator Kelberry

Senator Kelberry Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 22, 2010
    8/10 mostly for the scenes on Dathomir, the duel at the end, and the amusing banter between Obi-Wan and Ventress. Also enjoyed when Maul was taunting Obi-Wan. Typical Sith.

13. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    The banter was the best part of the episode.

14. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    This sums it up for me too.

15. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    14 votes: 85 points out of a possible 140.

Avg Score 6.07/10

EDIT:
    (I voted it a ten. Anyone who ever visited the PT Maul thread, knows why)
    ;)

16. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Hmm, not really. I know from that thread that you liked Maul and disagreed with the way he was killed in TPM and replaced by Dooku. I agree with that view. However, the fact is that that is what they went with and they never intended it to be debateable whether Maul really died or not. So the fact that they brought him back in TCW later means they changed their minds... not to mention that the Maul episodes themselves have just been poorly executed, IMO.

17. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I gave it a 9. My only criticism is that it felt a bit rushed other then that I really enjoyed it.

18. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    That is what matters most to me. And I'm sure it temporarily clouded my vision when I voted.:p

19. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    Wow, GG is being extraordinarily merciful with his ranking. [face_laugh]

20. FARK2005

FARK2005 Jedi Master star 2

Sep 3, 2012
    My thoughts exactly. The actual revenge-part of the plot was far to rushed, which gave it an impression that the writers hadn't given it much thought, and therefore we get:
    • "Every operation needs a backup"-Obi-Wan walking into an obvious trap with no plan whatsoever
    • The Jedi Council allowing Obi-Wan to go alone simply because Yoda senses he will have an unexpected ally. As Mace said: Maul's capture is far to important - with him as a prisoner they may hope to gain information on the identity of the Sith Lord. They should have sent half the Council to ensure his capture.
    • Obi-Wan getting disarmed in five seconds by *sigh* Opress (who he should be able to turn in shish kebab with one hand tied behind his back)
    • Ventress' appearence on Raydonia - how did she know where to find them (not only the right planet in a huge galaxy, but also the right village on a big planet)?
    I enjoyed Ventress' mockery of the brothers and her teaming up with Obi-Wan, and I liked that they showed Maul's brutality. I give it 3.

21. Convor

Convor Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 25, 2011
    At this point I've made my peace with Maul's return, but that doesn't mean this episode is poorly executed mess. The actual "revenge" plot was incredibly rushed, and the decision to send Obi-Wan alone just so the writers could work Ventress in was idiotic and contrived. The initial conversation between Obi-Wan and Maul "So it really is you" "fueled by my SINGULAR HATRED for YOU" is some of the worst dialogue this show has produced. The pointless fan service of giving Obi a red lightsaber, Randy's grunts and snorts, Maul's lion roar. Ugh.

5/10.

22. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    Too much truth in your words...

Especially the Maul dialogue!

23. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Contrived plot conveniences, no explanation of Maul's survival and acquisition of his lightsaber, crazyily powerful Nightsister magic and dead characters? 2 The only thing I liked well, was Ventress calling Maul half the man that Savage is. Also the decision for Yoda to somehow sense Maul - whom he'd never before encountered - in Brothers completely ruined the surprise of Maul's return in this episode, for the characters at least. This was a poor, poor choice on the writers' part. Before Savage had even encountered Maul in that episode Obi-Wan, Dooku, Ventress, Yoda, Ahsoka and Anakin all knew of his survival, ruining any chance of complete surprise later on. Way to destroy suspense. :rolleyes:

24. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    jackg1 Completely agree on two points: having what looks like his old lightsaber handed to him by Savage with zero explanation is my biggest annoyance with this episode, and that very last scene in Brothers ruins a lot of the suspense that should have been in Revenge.

25. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    That is TCW's current policy now - throw things out there and expect to accept them without reason or logic. They do not care if we like it or not. The same with the Resurrection of Maul itself.

And totally! I love how sometimes Yoda can sense a Sith that is on the other side of the galaxy but he can not sense the Sith that is in their "front yard"!

Robimus likes this.