main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Do you enjoy how Maul is being used/portrayed in TCW?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by StarWarsFan91, Sep 10, 2012.

?

Do you enjoy how Maul is being used/portrayed in TCW?

1. yes

22 vote(s)
    56.4%
  2. no

17 vote(s)
    43.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheAvengerButton

TheAvengerButton Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 2011
    Loving the Maul stuff, looking forward to Season 5.

2. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    Nah man, I liked the silent warrior Sith. The one line he spoke in TPM made him sound intelligent.

The TCW version of Maul is some kind of nightmarish parody, a walking bucket full of the most vomit-inducing, holocaust-justifying moldy cheese, a repulsive, paedophile-enabling travesty that makes me want to rip out my testicles and eat them, in a desperate effort to mask the putrid taste that was left in my mouth by this epitome of semen-crusted, fanboy-catering pile of trash.

Darth_Zandalor and Drewton like this.
  3. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    [​IMG]

This is how I like my Maul

SithStarSlayer likes this.
  4. Convor

Convor Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 25, 2011
    /avgn

Humble_Jedi likes this.
  5. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    Probably alone in this but I like the Maul in TCW as much as I did in TPM, no real difference to me other than more dialogue which makes sense because unlike in TPM, there's actual chemistry between Maul and Obiwan. Obi-Wan sliced Maul in half and made him go bat crap insane for 10 years.

Only two reasons that people don't like this version of Maul is the fact he survived and the somewhat avian looking legs he has, but even those are getting replaced by more human looking legs as we've already seen in the trailer.

6. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
  7. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    +1 for giving Maul robes in season 5
    -2 for having a Fabio style exposed chest. Just makes him look goofy IMO, like he threw on a bathrobe after getting out of the shower.

8. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    How'd you reach that conclusion? Star Wars already has precedent for both surviving a fall down a seemingly bottomless pit (Luke in ESB) and surviving what should have been mortal wounds through concentration on the dark side of the Force (Anakin in ROTS). Star Wars has no precedent for time travel in the films.

9. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    Darth Maul was intentionally killed in TPM the way he was so he wouldn't be revived like Boba Fett in RotJ.

10. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    [​IMG]
    I did like how they incorporated a slightly different version this move into his TCW fight with Kenobi. Much like the one next to the pit.

LadyTila likes this.
  11. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    First of all, it's not nice to make me crack up that hard in the middle of a computer lab where I'm supposed to be quiet.

Secondly, that's all ad hominem after the first line and our fundamental disagreement remains. I always thought the potential of Darth Maul's character was squandered by GL in the most extreme sense. Him having two inconsequential lines never came across as mysterious to me, it came across as lazy on the part of GL.

Humble_Jedi likes this.
  12. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    They should have at least let him keep his axe instead of giving him a double bladed lightsaber.

Yeah....it really feels like something like this -
    A: Polls show a lot of people of like Maul and thought he was underused, so we put together a very similar replacement character to take his role.
    B: Why not just have Maul then?
    A: Because he is dead?
    B: Its fiction man, we can change what we want.
    A: But we already started work on episodes with this replacement.
    B: Well, we can have both. They'll like double the Maul twice as much!

Combined with your avatar, this comment scares me.....

13. DavidIX

DavidIX Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 3, 2012
    I think I like Maul more now than I did when he came out in the movie. Back then, he looked like a cool looking character that can kick some ass. Yea he looked really cool and menacing. But honestly I don't think they had a clue how much popularity Maul would get. GL realized this and forced Maul back. And I'm fine with that.

But I will add. If you're going to force Maul back into the picture. He has to continue to be portrayed as a major major threat. And I think so far, with Maul and Savage they have that tandem threat, with Maul leading the way.

Besides the more we see Maul and Savage, the less idiotic episodes with Ashoka, senate related episodes and total failures like that episode in mandalore with the sick children.

14. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    [​IMG]

15. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    The axe was underused, would have preferred that Savage chose to go back to it, instead of sticking with the Jedi weapon.

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  16. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Should Maul go back to using his Double-Bladed Lightsaber and Savage the single one?

17. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    :oops:That screencap looks so ridiculous, and sums up everything wrong with the huge choreographed fights of the prequels.

Obi-Wan: "If I catch his lightsaber, I can yank it away from him. Brilliant!"

or

Obi-Wan: "Wow! I could have grabbed him with the Force all this time!"

18. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    Nothing was worse than Kenobi plummeting down, landing two levels below and hanging on by his fingertips. Made worse by his force-fueled finger-leap out of the pit. Every time I watch Vader fail on Mustafar, I am reminded that Kenobi had more power in fingers than Mister-Midichlorian had in his legs. I'm not even going to touch all the uber-leaps that have popped up all over in TCW.

And I don't care about the OOU explanations, it just looks dumb to me.

As for Maul, I played the DVD last night with the subtitles on... I appreciate that they made Maul a raving lunatic. It isn't HIS fault that they brought him back, so I'm just going to enjoy the ride before they kill him again. My guess is that he somehow lives past ROTS and doesn't finally die until Vader finishes the job.

19. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    In other words, Resurrection and/or Old Wounds. Tales was waaaaay ahead of the times.

20. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    If Qui-Gon should "go haunt Darth Maul or Yoda," then perhaps he survives TCW and lives into the inter-trilogy period where he lives out the rest of his days as the victim of slapstick 8-}

21. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    No I don't mind he's back. How he's been used has been.. OK I guess. We really don't have much to go on so far.. I just didn't like Obi-Wan's jokes during the fight. Way to make Maul look like a serious threat.

22. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    THIS, absolutely. I'm convinced that both made their way to G.Walton's desk and the cherry-picking began from there.

23. gizmodeus

gizmodeus Jedi Padawan

Sep 5, 2012
    [face_hypnotized] wow

double light stick thingy

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  24. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Yeah, I don't care what happens in the series....I am going to picture that it all ends with Old Wounds.

I mean, they can't kill him more thoroughly than cutting him in half can they?

25. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I don't think one can judge whether Maul is being used well/badly in TCW until you've seen more of him. He's been in one full episode so far and that was Maul trying to get revenge. It's too soon to say whether I am enjoying it or not. I liked Revenge so if I'm basing this poll on that it would have be yes. We know a few things about Season 5 but until we see the full story of where they are going with Maul I can't really state my opinion.

Going by what we vaguely know however has get me anticipating the Maul episodes in Season 5 and looking forward to watching them. If they utilise him well then I'll enjoy it, especially if he becomes a huge threat that has ramifications for not just only Obi-Wan.

So, until I've seen more of Maul I can't vote, but currently I did enjoy the full episode he was in.

SithStarSlayer likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.