main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends "Like The Deserts Miss The Rain" (DN AU, dark K/J) -- Updated 14 Jan 2016!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Dantana Skywalker, Dec 10, 2005.

1. star_writer24

star_writer24 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 15, 2006
    Great update like always! Glad to see you back!

2. Jedi_Sword

Jedi_Sword Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 27, 2005
    So here are some brief comments for the chapters up so far - since I couldn't remember what was really going on in the story after this last post (and because this is such an awesome fic) I went back and re-read it!

chapter 1
    Nice set up, I felt like I was given a lot of background information without it being force fed to me, you know? Also, Leia lost her legs, sad! And Luke died?? I assume Jacen's dead, too, or else so far away that no one finds it odd that the council automatically knows which brother they're talking about... I guess he wasn't there to help Leia on Duro? (Although, I might be remembering things wrong). But, yay, Anakin's alive!! Great start!

chapter 2
    "You think he's compensating for anything?" Anakin asked laconically.
    hahaha... maybe.. maybe not...
    It's so interesting reading a story where the Sith aren't automatically aligned with the Empire - and even more interesting that the Republic wants him on their side! hmm.

chapter 3
    Okay, I'm not the biggest fan of Jag, but that seemed a little harsh, ouch! I guess Rache IS a sith, so it makes sense that he should go all out when punishing Jag, but still!
    Who killed Luke/who trained Kyp?? I wonder...
    Aha! The apprentice who seems familiar to Jaina and Anakin.. Jaina's "lost twin"..
    Also, I really like the way you write Anakin - he has just the right touch of humor, but still insightful - love it!

chapter 4
    "Mom isn't here," his sister said. "And if anyone knows the necessity of drastic measures, it would be her."
    - this reminded me of Prince Xizor in Shadows of the Empire!
    Ah... Exar Kun, duh. And Han's dead, no!!
    I find it weird that Jacen doesn't seem to have any emotion on seeing his brother and sister for the first time in who knows how long. Probably typical Sith, though, hm.
    And then she would kill him. uh-oh... no, there's still good in him, I can feel it!

chapter 5
    Just wondering (and you may have already said this) but how do you pronounce Rache? I keep saying it differently in my mind, but am not sure which one is right.. thanks!
    So, Kyp/Rache is going to be trying to seduce Jaina to the darkside while Jaina is trying to turn him back to the light.. this will be interesting.
    "You cheated!" she exclaimed.
    "Duh."

hahahaha... Kyp winking is sooo cheating!

chapter 6
    ooh, I really liked this chapter! I started to actually feel for Kyp, and how he "didn't choose" the life that he now leads. However, Jaina's right, he may just be manipulating her to get his way. But he's starting to question himself, which may lead to an inner conflict... maybe there IS still good in him? I hope so!

chapter 7
    Oh no! What happened to Tahiri??
    Anakin's dream - Kyp and Jaina vs. Mara? Have I mentioned yet how sad I am about Mara being the Empress? I wonder when that happened..
    I liked Leia's point of view, but it was so sad! It seems like she's lost so much, as well as having the added stress of taking up Luke's mantle and becoming a Jedi master.

chapter 8
    Get close to him, learn his secrets. Use him to bring down Mara Jade, and then kill him. Somehow, during that, redeem Jacen. - That's a lot to ask of herself - I hope Jaina isn't getting in over her head here, the last thing the galaxy needs is another Solo falling to the dark side.
    I feel for Jaina in this - I can't figure out if I should feel sorry for Kyp for having his life manipulated by Exar Kun, or be mad that he let it take control of destiny and allowed it to create him into an evil person.

chapter 9
    "...I'm not out for galactic domination. I'm out for the complete and total destruction of the Empire, from its head to its very roots." An answer to my question from chapter 2! But I wonder if Jacen/Reiniger feels the same way...
    "Do you have a fetish or something?" she asked. hahahaha.... um, yes, he does!
    Kyp and Mara, ack!

chapter 10
    aw, I love Pellaeon! I also really enjoyed Jaina smashing Kyp/Rache's foot under her dress, so in character.
    A feeling somewhat like remorse crawled up from the depths of his dark soul

3. JediMike2372

JediMike2372 Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 2, 2008
    I just got caught up on this. Great story. Always did like K/J pairings. I am wondering if this is Jacen that did this. The captain seems too convenient and he gave the information to quickly. I am wondering if it is because Rache is giving Jaina all the attention. Looking forward to more. Can I also get on the PM list and get the chapter that wasn't posted here. Thanks.

4. goddess_sticks

goddess_sticks Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 19, 2006
    I'm so glad to see this updated!

I like that Rache moved her into his room. That should be fun to watch.

Great Chapter! And would you add me to the PM list? Thanks!

5. iamobiwan1970

iamobiwan1970 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 23, 2005
    Oh how much I love this dark Kyp. =P~ [Sigh]

6. skywalkerlover00

skywalkerlover00 Jedi Master star 4

May 7, 2005
    I finally caught up with this again after almost three years. I love this and I cannot wait for more. This is a great version of kyp and I admire jaina's character in this. She's not as selfish as she's portrayed in the books, And I admire that. Great job!

7. dm1

dm1 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2004
    Wow, that Leia is stubborn, isn't she? Still not cooperating, I see.... I hope this updates soon.

8. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    Wow.

I suuuuuuuuuuuuck.

[face_plain]

Um.

I'd say there's an update soon, but that would be lying, because I'm still totally stuck. I may just scrap everything I had planned for the rest of the story and just write whatever will come out.

Dana

9. Lady_Tahiri

Lady_Tahiri Jedi Master star 4

Dec 23, 2001
    That's all right! I was afraid you had abandoned this fic :(, and it's good to hear that you're planning on coming back to it. =D=

10. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    Author's Note: Okay, so basically, what's been going on with my not-updating is largely that I have major depressive disorder and generalized anxiety disorder, which went undiagnosed until 2008, when I had a nervous breakdown and was hospitalized for three days in the mental health unit. I'm . . . a little better, but I still have huge stretches where I don't give a crap about 'fic and don't bother writing. Add to that the fact that I went to and subsequently dropped out of cosmetology school due to health issues, which turned out to be Lupus, well . . . I didn't want to talk about what was going on before, but I figured that I've strung you guys on long enough, I owed you something of an explanation. So there it is.

Now, I think I've finally sorted out the problems I was having with this story, and I even completed the next chapter, so here goes! No PMs, sorry, I just can't do it. My attention span is largely nil. I might manage tagging, once I figure out how the heck many of you requested to be notified.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--Chapter Sixteen--

Yavin IV

Leia liked to come up here, to the audience chamber, after everyone else had gone to bed. It tended to be on nights when she was troubled, like now. She was worried for Jaina. she didn't like that her daughter was alone out there, somewhere in the dark of space, with a Sith Lord.

"I always knew he'd end up doing no good," she whispered.

"That's a lie, Leia, and you know it."

She turned in her chair, brown eyes widening at the sight that greeted her. Bathed in a blue glow, Luke Skywalker sat in the chair he'd never actually occupied in life, smiling beatifically at his sister.

"Luke," she whispered.

"Hello, Leia."

"Are you- are you really here?"

He nodded. "I am. I couldn't come before, I'm sorry. And I can't stay long."

She missed him terribly, as much as she missed Han. "Why are you here?"

"To see you. And to tell you that what Jaina's doing, right now, is the path that she is supposed to be on. Kyp isn't going to hurt her. He needs her more than he knows."

"You can see that from where you are?"

Luke nodded again. "I can. The future is always in motion, but every path I see ahead, ends with Jaina needing to be by Kyp's side at a very important moment. If it makes you feel better, send Anakin to join her. But she's where she needs to be."

She looked down at her hands, clenched tight in her lap. "Luke . . . Is Han there?"

Her brother's expression was sad. "Han wasn't a Jedi, Leia. He wouldn't be where I am. I'm sorry."

Then he began to fade.

"Luke, don't-"

"I'll be back. Soon. Just remember, the Force will be with you always."

Then he was gone.

Leia contemplated his words. She didn't feel any better about what Jaina was doing, but having seen Luke, after so long . . . she'd make it through.

-----

Jaina spent the day largely in a stupor, wondering what she could have done differently to save Ailana's life. The girl had been defenseless and alone, slaughtered while Jaina threw herself willingly into the arms of evil.

She laughed bitterly at the thought. How melodramatic she'd become since making this deal with Rache. "The arms of evil"? It was like a bad holosoap.

Guilt, she knew, was the driving force behind the maelstrom of emotions. She'd forced herself to go back to her former quarters and look; if she was honest with herself, she knew there was nothing she really could have done. True, if she'd been there, maybe she could have stopped the attacker. She was a warrior, and Ailana hadn't been.

But she hadn't known danger was coming that night. How could she stop something she didn't see coming?

Jaina didn't like the way Reiniger had watched her from the doorway, as she'd spent those moments trying to convince herself she could have saved her handmaid. Her grief and upset had amused him.

She couldn't think of him as Jacen. She'd tried. But he was too alien, too far gone, to be her twin. She saw flashes of Kyp, the boy he'd been, in Rache, thought maybe he was still in there somewhere. But Reiniger, she saw, had been shaped far too early for anything of the lost toddler to exist.

She hurt more for her mother than herself, knowing that hard truth. How much more did Leia Solo have to lose? The truth was, not a hell of a lot.

She lay restlessly beside Rache that night, while he slept. Watching him sleep, with the light from the fire they left burning in itself containment field spilling in a small sliver across his features, Jaina couldn't keep her thoughts from wandering.

If she were brutally honest with herself, the more she was around Rache, the less she saw him as a frightening, foreign force. She was beginning to lose sight of her goals, and she didn't know anymore what she wanted.

Except she did know one thing: she wanted Kyp. She wanted to see him smile again.

And the desire scared her.

It was not a restful sleep for him, either. She reached out and gently smoothed the little lines between his brows. Then she traced his cheekbone, and knew that something had been irrevocably changed.

She rested her head on his chest, listening to the steady thump of his heart. She had the strangest feeling of safety here. Jaina closed her eyes, trying to will away these feelings.

Jaina knew the moment he woke, because his heart jolted a little.

Kyp's hand came up and stroked her shoulder. "You're still awake."

She raised her head. "I've tried to sleep. I keep seeing Ailana, and . . ." Jaina let the rest trail.

His fingers moved to her hair. "I thought for certain you'd run away by now."

She met his gaze for a moment, then looked away and gave a small shrug. "Staying, leaving. It wouldn't change this."

A fine tremour ran through him; she wouldn't have noticed if he hadn't been holding her.

"Are you alright?" she asked.

Jaina saw Rache take over and Kyp was pushed back behind his walls. He let go of her and left the bed, stalking over to the fireplace, where he stood in silhouette.

After a few moments, Jaina slid from under the covers, dragging the top sheet with her. She padded across the cold marble to stand next to him on the rug.

He stared into the fire, almost without seeing it, his hands braced on the mantel even with his head. With his long hair loose around his shoulders, he looked sort of wild and primal. But that didn't hide the pain on his face, even though he'd dampened it in the Force. That flicker of yellow she'd seen in his eyes as he left the bed was gone again, replaced with that soft, mossy green she loved so much.

When he spoke, it was very nearly inaudible. "Is it too much to ask that someone want me?"

The sharp little stab of anguish in Jaina was all hers as she realised that even the great Sith Lord was only human.

"For thirty years," he said, turning to look at her, "I've only been worth what I could do for someone. In Kessel, I was a slave. To Luke, I was someone he could poke and prod and train like a Kowakian monkey lizard. To my master, I was a tool, a means to an end. To Jade, I am a toy. To the Republic, nothing more than a weapon to threaten others with. Even to you, Jaina, I am to be used and discarded."

Jaina sought him through the Force, but found him tightly closed off. She reached out with her arms then, not entirely sure what she was doing. He could be manipulating her; he was good at it. She didn't care.

She pressed her cheek to his chest and closed her eyes, not knowing why she wanted to comfort him. She didn't refute his words, just stood in silence with her arms around his waist.

After a long while, he brought his arms up and folded her in them. Then he lifted her and carried her back to bed, where she finally slept.

-----

The next few days passed in relative monotony, everyone walking on eggshells, waiting for the next attack, the next tragedy. Jaina wasn't sure what she was supposed to do with herself, now that she'd given in to Rache. She'd had purpose before, but somewhere, she'd lost it.

As for Rache, he busied himself during the days with sending scouts to recon the Empire's border holdings, and to planning strategy against Jade. It was a little frightening sometimes to watch him plan subtle strikes, using ships stolen from the pirates to raid Imperial outposts. The mind behind that handsome face was stunning, both in its complexity and its ruthlessness.

But when he was in private with her, Jaina saw a different man. Held in his arms, deep in the dark of night, she wondered which one was real.

She didn't know if she could bear it if the man that touched her, spoke her name with such tenderness and passion, was a just a façade, because she'd realised she had the worst luck ever.

She was falling in love with him.

11. bellum stellarum

bellum stellarum Jedi Master

Sep 5, 2012
    So she's finally admitting it. ;)

I love the way Luke came to talk to Leia, but I realised I somehow managed to miss Chapter 14 and 15 and now they are truncated for the time being. I hope, they'll manage to fix that soon, because I really, really like that fic.

12. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    I'm in the process of posting this 'fic to the K/J archive. I'll let you know when it's up to date, shall I?

13. bellum stellarum

Sep 5, 2012
    Not necessary. :) I'm on there, too. But thanks for asking.

14. Durroness

Durroness Jedi Grand Master star 1

Sep 4, 2002
    Glad to see you posting again Dana! I'm very excited to have the night off so I can peruse the other updates I see sprinkled around here.... :)

15. SWpants

SWpants Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2004
    It's great to see you posting again. I'm sorry to hear about all the problems you were going through. Take it slow and I hope that the healing continues.

Kyp isn't going to hurt her. He needs her more than he knows."

I love the confidence Leia has in him. Because now that the story's coming back to me...I didn't feel the same.

Jaina spent the day largely in a stupor, wondering what she could have done differently to save Ailana's life.

Probably nothing :(

I want Kyp back too! And Jacen, but:

She couldn't think of him as Jacen. She'd tried. But he was too alien, too far gone, to be her twin.

:_| I HATE this Jacen is a Sith stuff!

Ah, the end. She's admitting it.

16. jedikatie26

jedikatie26 Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 8, 2005
    Awesome Update!!! Can't wait to see what happens with Kyp and Jaina.

17. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    I'm glad to be posting again, myself!

Leia, I think, wants to believe that Jaina is safe, so she's going to grasp at anything that will give her that, especially if it's her brother who tells her. And if he'd told her Jaina wasn't safe, she'd send every Jedi in the Order after Rache.

And I hate the Jacen-as-Sith stuff, too. :( At least I did it before the books did . . .

It's about to get veeeeeery interesting for Jaina, too.

You'll see!

18. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    There's a PM section for this chapter. Let me know if you want it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--Chapter Seventeen--

The commlink on Rache's nightstand beeped insistently, waking Jaina from a sound slumber. She sat up and blinked, brain still fuzzy from sleep. He seemed to have no problem, however, and was alert when he answered.

The newly-promoted captain's voice was a little tinny as he spoke. "My lord, there is an X-wing hailing us. He identifies himself as Jedi Solo and requests permission to dock."

Kyp rolled over and looked at Jaina with an arched brow. She shrugged.

"Permission granted." He gave a few orders as to where to install their visitor, then shut off the call.

Flopping back on the pillows, he sighed.

"What do you suppose your brother wants?" he asked the canopy.

"I have no idea. I haven't spoken to him since we left Yavin."

And so much had changed since then.

Jaina got out of bed and dressed, wondering as she brushed and braided her hair how she was going to explain to Anakin the developments in her relationship with the Sith Lord that even now yawned as he pulled on his pants. She paused in plaiting the long, dark locks and watched him for a moment, put off by the utter banality of the moment.

Just the normal morning routine, me and the Dark Lord of the Sith.

She met Anakin at the docking bay. Rache had gone to do whatever it was he was doing, and so the siblings had a measure of privacy to greet one another.

"You look . . . surprisingly well," Anakin said, after they'd exchanged hugs. "I'd have expected you to be, I dunno, ready to kill him by now."

She shook her head. "No. It's been, um, odd."

Anakin slung an arm around his sister's shoulders. "Odd how? I mean, besides the obvious?"

"Well, I met Empress Jade, for one. And we were attacked by space pirates. Oh, and someone killed the maid Rache hired for me. She was apparently tidying up my quarters and someone killed her. Rache thinks they mistook her for me."

Anakin stopped walking, and grabbed her arm. "You wanna repeat that, Jay?"

With a sigh, she told him about Ailana's death, leaving out her whereabouts at the time of the murder. "There's the possibility Jade put someone on the ship to take me out, since she might view me as a rival."

"A rival for what?" her little brother demanded.

"Rache. She's got a thing for him."

He gagged.

"Yeah, I'm not thrilled about it, either." She took a deep breath. "I need to tell you something, and you need to promise not to get angry with me."

Dark brows drew together over blue eyes. "What? Are you sleeping with him?"

"Actually, yeah, I am."

"Huh." He rolled his shoulders, obviously uncomfortable with the idea, but unable to realistically offer objections at the current time. After all, they'd both known that eventually, she'd either have to give in or kill Rache.

Finally, her brother asked, "Is he . . . treating you all right?"

The corner of her mouth quirked up. "Surprisingly, he is. I know, I'm a little baffled, too."

Anakin studied her for a moment, then mentally shrugged. "So, I take it I'm in different quarters this time?"

"Considering the previous ones are still, uh . . . being redecorated, yeah." Jaina felt another stab of guilt over Ailana, and shoved it aside. "Let's go find one, shall we?"

-----

When Jaina returned from seeing Anakin settled, she found Kyp waiting by the fireplace. He'd spread thick blankets and furs before the roaring fire and lay on his side with a glass of wine, dressed only in a pair of black pants.

She sighed and went to him, not even interested in offering a token resistance to his obvious enticement. Jaina pried off her boots and stripped to her underclothes before joining him on the soft, makeshift bed. He gave her a half-smile and held out the glass.

She took a sip of the wine and reclined on the blankets. "Anakin says he got the sense I was in danger, and my mother gave him permission to come check on me."

"Mmm. Is he going to pound my face in for seducing you?"

Jaina snorted and handed him the glass back. Kyp shifted to set it aside, on a low tray nearby. "No," she said. "My brother's not pleased, but he's also not stupid."

"His timing could be better," her lover mused. "I just received a summons from the Empress. It seems that someone has been attacking the Empire's borders and she'd like me to do something about it."

They looked at each other for a long moment, then both burst out laughing. It felt good to laugh over something, and it occurred to Jaina that this was the first time she'd shared humour with him.

Apparently, the same thing crossed his mind, because the mirth fled from his features and his green eyes turned intent, boring into her brown ones.

"Jaina," he breathed, and leaned in to kiss her.

The lingering chuckle died in her throat. Conflicting emotions welled within her and she ruthlessly pushed them away. There would be time for galactic politics and war later. Right now, she wanted him, and only him, for as long as she could manage.

-----

The last place any of them wanted to go was Coruscant. Anakin didn't argue against it, simply expressed his reluctance to go that deep into Imperial space. He wasn't entirely sure why he was even her, other than his mother had told him to find Jaina.

He found himself watching Jaina and the Sith Lord, observing their interactions with interest. Anakin wasn't sure if Jaina noticed, but Rache's attention was almost always on her, and in unguarded moments, the Sith seemed to regard her with fondness.

That didn't go for Reiniger, though. The man who had once been their brother obviously didn't like Jaina, or her place in his master's life. Then again, Reiniger didn't seem to like anyone, as far as Anakin could see.

It was also clear to Anakin that Jaina was about as far gone on the Sith Lord as she could possibly be. He'd seen it starting before they'd parted ways on Yavin, and now it seemed obvious to her little brother that she was in love with Rache. He didn't even pretend to understand it; he just knew that somehow, this was where Jaina was supposed to be.

He just wasn't going to let her be alone in this pit of snakes.

"So what's our approach?" he asked, as they all gathered around one of Rache's holoboards, in the war room.

"Delay going to see Jade," Rache muttered. Slightly louder, he said, "We need to find out how close to operational the Empire's managed to get Centerpoint, see what their targets are. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the Jedi will be among Jade's top targets, if not the first on the list."

"Not a difficult supposition," Reiniger put in. "Her disdain for the Jedi is well-known. Since they're the Republic's best fighters, taking them out would give Jade a large tactical advantage against the Republic."

"Not entirely," Jaina countered. She braced both hands on the silver rim of the holoboard. "The Republic's Starfighter Command has better pilots than the Empire, even if the Empire has them on sheer numbers. The ships the Empire has can't take the fleet the Republic commands, simply because they're better and newer."

Reiniger's yellow eyes narrowed. "They're toys compared to the fleet we-"

Rache held up a hand. "Be that as it may, Jade doesn't have access to my fleet, and the Republic will, once we figure out our best plan of attack. Unfortunately, this going to take a two-pronged approach for the present. Reiniger, Anakin, I need you to take the Shadow Chaser to Centerpoint Station and recon the situation. I'm needed on Coruscant, so that I can pick the Empress's brain. Jaina will, naturally, come with me."

The irritation poured off of Reiniger in waves; Anakin was no less pleased by this, but given what he'd seen of his sister's interactions with Rache, he was less worried about Jaina than he was about what Reiniger might do. And a pricking sensation along the nape of his neck told him he needed to go to Centerpoint.

He hadn't been there since he'd been a boy . . .

"Fine," he said. "Given that I've been there and your apprentice hasn't, I'm in charge of the mission."

Rache flicked dark green eyes to Anakin, and one corner of his mouth lifted. "Unless you run into trouble," he said smoothly. "Reiniger might have a trick or two up his sleeve that the Empire won't see coming."

Reiniger sneered at Anakin, and bowed his head to his master. "When should we leave, Master?"

"We'll give it another day or two here in the border, then we'll head to Coruscant. We can drop you off in the Corellian system as we pass. That will be soon enough."

-----

Anakin wasn't familiar with the Shadow Chaser. Jaina took him into the cockpit to show him around.

"This is amazing," her younger brother said. "Quantum, phase-shifted armour?"

"Yeah. This baby will take anything the Empire can throw at it. It's not hugely armed, built more for defense and speed than anything, but it's got superior cloaking, too. Kyp let me play with it on the way back from Coruscant a few weeks ago."

Anakin sat in one of the pilot chairs. "Kyp, huh?"

Jaina flushed, shrugged her shoulders. "It's . . . what I call him. He lets me."

"I noticed." Her brother leaned forward, bracing his elbows on his knees. "Don't let him hurt you, Jay. I've got eyes, I can see you're crazy about him."

She sighed and sank into the other chair. "I can't help it. And I'm not sure what to do about it. I wanted to save Jacen, kill Rache, but . . . I don't know what I'm doing anymore."

"You're doing what the Force wants you to be doing," he told her. "And I don't know what that is any more than you do, but if I didn't think you were okay with Rache right now--which, by the way, is one of the strangest things I've ever said in my life--I wouldn't have agreed to go with Reiniger."

"I really don't like Reiniger," Jaina whispered. "And it feels so wrong to say that. He was my twin brother. And now he's . . ."

"Evil," Anakin said. "I know. Part of why I'm going to Centerpoint. I have a bad feeling about him, and if anyone can handle him . . ."

Jaina smirked. "Don't get cocky."

They both knew he wasn't, though. Anakin was the most gifted of the Jedi, and if anyone could handle himself against a Sith apprentice, it was her little brother.

"You take the younger one," she said. "I'll deal with the older one."

19. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
  20. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
  21. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
  22. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
  23. bellum stellarum

Sep 5, 2012
    Thanks for tagging me.

Now things get really interesting. It's nice, that Anakin is so accepting of the relationship between Jaina and Kyp / Rache, she doesn't need a brother who's working against her now.

And yes, I'd like the PM-Chapter.

24. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    You're welcome! I love the new tagging thing, even if it does take me four posts to get everyone in because of the limits.

I wouldn't say he's accepting so much as tolerating for his sister's sake? And he wants to see how this turns into the vision he had back at the beginning.

I'll get that PM sent right away. :p

25. SWpants

SWpants Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2004
    Just the normal morning routine, me and the Dark Lord of the Sith.

Heh, that is quite humourous.

"Huh." He rolled his shoulders, obviously uncomfortable with the idea, but unable to realistically offer objections at the current time. After all, they'd both known that eventually, she'd either have to give in or kill Rache.

Yeah, but it's still not fun for a younger brother to think about.

They looked at each other for a long moment, then both burst out laughing.

It's weird, but that made me go 'aww.' Sith have feelings too.

He found himself watching Jaina and the Sith Lord, observing their interactions with interest. Anakin wasn't sure if Jaina noticed, but Rache's attention was almost always on her, and in unguarded moments, the Sith seemed to regard her with fondness.

Anakin was always extremely perceptive.
    I'm sure Jaina notices ;)

given what he'd seen of his sister's interactions with Rache, he was less worried about Jaina than he was about what Reiniger might do.

I think we can all agree on that.

Please don't pull a Lucas Books and kill Anakin [face_plain]

Anakin sat in one of the pilot chairs. "Kyp, huh?"

Jaina flushed, shrugged her shoulders. "It's . . . what I call him. He lets me."

I don't blame Anakin for watching out for her.

I have a bad feeling about him, and if anyone can handle him . . ."

I hope so!

And I wouldn't mind the PM'd chapter :D