main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Things from the OT you thought would come back

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by WhiskeyGold, Sep 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WhiskeyGold

WhiskeyGold Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2001
    I asked about things from TPM you thought would come back in the other prequels so I thought it be fun to see what you thought back before 1999 what we would see from the OT in the PT?

I thought we see something about Wedge's parents, that his dad would be a jedi or something that showed he had the force in him

Way back in the early 80s I thought for sure the prequels would have the X-wing. I thought, for some reason not sure why, that X-wings and other Rebel ships in the OT was old used ships from 20-30 years before ANH

2. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Tusken Raiders, R2-D2 and C-3PO, I thought Bail Organa and Mon Mothma would have a big presence in all 3 movies.

Not sure beyond that.

3. MrFantastic74

MrFantastic74 Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 4, 2010
    I also thought the X-Wing would make an appearance (and be the primary Republic fighter). The reason being, they were already old and war-beaten in the OT.

I also agree that I thought Bail Organa and Mon Mothma would play much larger roles in sparking the rebellion against the Empire.

(By the way, this is my first post since the old forums. I didn't use the temp forums. It's nice to be back!)

4. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    At least the ARC fighters in ROTS were similar to the X-Wings. It would have been cool to see the Y-Wings. They were supposed to be around then or at least older than the X-Wings. I thought Bail would play a bigger role since he was raising Leia in ANH. He was seen in AOTC and then had a major role at the end of ROTS and we didn't even have the Declaration of 2000 subplot in the movie.

5. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Welcome back. :cool:

Yes, good points about expecting to see some of the OT fighters in the PT, based both on their stated ages as well as battered appearances. As said above, though, from a reference point of view, at least the ARC fighters in ROTS were similar to the X-Wings.

6. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    Welcome back!

I thought we would maybe see X and Y wings. More Bail and Mothma. More Jabba.

That was about it.

7. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001
    Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Emperor Palpatine, Yoda, Wilhuff Tarkin, Bail Organa, Mon Mothma, Owen Lars, Beru Lars, Luke Skywalker, and Leia Skywalker were all of the characters I thought would return from the OT. I figured Luke and Leia would be infants since I didn't have a problem with Leia remembering images and feelings of her mother with the help of the force. If Palpatine could see into the future, at least Leia could see her own past.

I was sort of halfway on whether people like Jan Dodonna or Boba Fett would be involved.

I didn't really see how R2-D2 and C-3PO were going to fit in, but I am glad they were to some degree. Since Artoo and Threepio made it, it made sense to see Captain Antilles. I suppose since Lucas originally wanted to make Endor a Wookie planet, Chewbacca making a cameo could have been forseen.

I expected to see a lot more of Alderaan. Coruscant (with the special editions) was a given. Expected to see Tatooine of course and Dagobah. Though I did consider the possibility that Luke and Leia would be born on Dagobah after some horrific battle. Mainly because of the "there's something familiar about this place." I guess Yoda will just be what was familiar.

I didn't really expect too much evolution in regards to ship designs based on how many generations the Jedi had stood watch over the Republic. Figured there'd be some tinkering but not much. For the most part, that was true. Though sometimes the droid ships and vehicles seemed fairly advanced.

I really expected Obi-Wan and Anakin to be friends for more than one of the films. Even closer in age for that matter.

8. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Me, too!

9. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    Hook_Line_and_Sinker
    Dadonna was another person I thought we would see some background on. I don't know why but I figured he was some veteran from the clone wars or something.

10. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001
    Yeah. I'm honestly surprised they didn't have him return for ROTJ. Could have taken the place of General Madine.

11. WhiskeyGold

WhiskeyGold Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2001
    I thought we see more of obiwan trying to get Anakin back to the good side cause of some of the lines in the OT. I always thought the movie would go:
    Episode 1 Obi and Anakin friends, learning to Jedi ark, fighting in the clone wars as young pilots
    Episode 2 Obi and Aakin friend ship weaken, they fight, we end not know of Anakin is dead or not
    Episode 3 all hell as Anakin becomes Vader and helps hunt down the Jedi knights

12. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    In a 1994 EU book it was established that Wedge did not have the Force in him.

13. Jeff McKissock

Jeff McKissock Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 11, 2012
    I thought the Clone Wars was going to be the Jedi fight the Mandalorians. Also I thought we were going to see Obi-Wan and Owen interact more and warn Anakin about going on this "Damn Fool Idealistic Crusade." I would have also liked for Owen and Obi-Wan to speak or at least have have Obi-Wan tell own "from now on call me Ben" before walking off into the sunset.

14. Yunners

Yunners Jedi Master star 2

Mar 30, 2006
    I was hoping for more music cues from the OT. A prime example would be the asteroid chase in AOTC, even a couple of notes from The Asteroid Field would have done. I liked the inclusion of the Rebel Fanfare during the opening battle of ROTS, but the context confused me a little.

15. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    I wouldn't have minded more musical cues but my favorite one was the end of AOTC. Palpatine watching the clones while the music transitions to the Imperial March

Yunners likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.