main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Obi-Wan Kenobi: v4 Fan Club a/k/a Appreciation Society

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Valairy Scot, Sep 4, 2012.

1. obimom

obimom Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2010
    It seems like my typing is getting worse...I type all day every day at work, and then on here...my typos are worse than before. One would think they would improve with practice. I had to backspace probably 5 or 6 times to correct typos on this post alone...and sometimes I miss a typos (IE: changed instead of changes).

2. serendipityaey

serendipityaey Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2004
    Haha :D Nooo... It just needs lots of care and attention, you know so I can get it just right. The Obi-Wan method.

3. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    Oh, sorry! I usually don't have a problem with gd, unless the Internet correction isn't great. I'm no help then!

At least it was okay this time

4. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    That happened to me last night when I was trying to write so I ended up just browsing the internet. It probably doesn't help that despite knowing where I want to go, I don't know how to get *there*.

5. ruth baulding

ruth baulding Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    The distraction of choice today: Long Way Round. Anyone else watched the series?

6. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    Yes! So fantastic, I absolutely love it. Cemented my love for Ewan <3 I watched it when it first aired. I love how he quotes Obi-Wan, haha

7. ruth baulding

Sep 3, 2012
    Pretty fast on the draw, he is. I'm watching it for the seocnd time, all the way through. They are deep in Siberia and hating the roads right now. But I think the "bad hair" is my favorite.

serendipityaey likes this.
  8. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Saw both Long Way Down and Long Way Round. Enjoyed both.

9. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    I love his crazy hair! I was actually having a tough time when the show was airing, and seeing him persevere, especially earlier on when they thought about taking the easier path, it meant a lot to me, to see him keep on even when things got rough. Just love that guy

10. ruth baulding

Sep 3, 2012
    Long Way Down is even better, but I don't have it on DVD. I think that should be a holiday gift to myself. It's a riot to hear how much they cuss, too. I have a difficlt time becasue I keep seeing Obi Wan and then he'll come out with something like "this is fecking bloody hard, you know?" and I start laughing.

obimom likes this.
  11. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    I haven't seen all of Long Way Down yet but I do have it. I was going through all the eps with a friend so I was going to wait and watch with her, but she's moved now so I'll just have to get to it. I tried to watch when that was on tv but I was pregnant and all crazy :p an had a strong aversion to all men. Even Ewan

laloga and obimom like this.
  12. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    Saw it, loved it. Loved seeing how Ewan really is...and he is thoughtful of others and caring...and funny, and cusses a lot, and sometimes a little moody..but I loved it.

Haven't seen Long Way Down yet, but read the book (read both books), I want to see especially when Eve joins him, and also, is the Tatooine/Luke house part in it?

SerendipityAEY: [face_laugh]

13. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    The cussing I don't like - on him or anyone. Not the constant swearing; the occasional word - sure, we all do it, but not "that" word.

14. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    Yeah, I don't know if he cusses now like he used to , but yeah, I was never crazy about how often he did....but he's so much more grown up now..I think he still does, but probably not like he did when he was younger...he's so much more tempered...sobriety, a family, a serious career, etc. has probably all been a factor.

That crazy youthfulness was so adorable, but now maturity looks so good on him. [face_love]

15. roguegirl

roguegirl Jedi Master star 4

Aug 29, 2001

16. roguegirl

Aug 29, 2001
    great Obiwan photos,guys! I miss this thread.great to be back.where are the emticons?

17. roguegirl

Aug 29, 2001
    Oh,and the avatars too.where are they?

18. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    Emoticons are after "font size" when you start posting.

Avatars - you have to upload one in your profile - find your profile in the upper right corner.

19. laloga

laloga Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 28, 2011
    I was a bit sad not to be able to get my old avatar, but I do like being able to upload whatever picture I want...erm, that I have the rights to, of course. O:)

20. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    I had my old avatar for so long, it was odd to use something different, but what the heck, I'm adaptable :p Pictures on the internet, of 'stars'... really confuses me actually, in terms of rights [face_thinking] But then the paparazzi does whatever they want. Mind boggling

laloga likes this.
  21. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    I can't remember where this came up on the Temp boards, but I found this thread:

http://boards.theforce.net/threads/feminization-of-tpm-sw.4623932/{URL}]Feminization[/url] of Star Wars

It shows how things have changed over the years...I know we had been discussing 1977 views of Leia - somewhere, here on the boards - and this sort of ties in to all that - how societal views have changed over the years. The whole point of the thread is: why so many women?

Anyone remember where we were discussing this?

22. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    HI, been away for awhile (mainly working and then working on my story when I can), but then I couldn't find this thread..so I searched it out and saved it...

Ah...back to Obi-Wan...:)

23. naw ibo

naw ibo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 18, 1999
    Holy cow that's an old thread(also is there a problem with the clickable links in posts? They always include this weird {url}Actual http address.com{url} thing between the [*link=][/*link] code). It looks like the first post was in 2001.

I found the premise rather laughable
    There are female bounty hunters, not a majority but they exist, there are female soldiers, female pilots(in fact by percentages there are more women in the air force than any other branch of the service) . But unfortunately I don't remember when it was discussed in the Obi-Wan thread.

24. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    Oh, it may NOT have been in the Obi-Wan thread at all.

25. naw ibo

naw ibo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 18, 1999
    Valairy, are you reading old posts for fun? :) I just got two alerts based on posts I posted in 2002. :) Thanks by the way. It was fun revisiting them.