main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub New Jedi Order / Legacy of the Force Fan Club

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Adalia-Durron , Jul 3, 2007.

1. A-WingsRule

A-WingsRule Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 9, 2002
    At least The Crystal Star is bad in a sort of hilarious, I-can't-quite-believe-what-I'm-reading sort of way. I've had trips to the shops that are more eventful than Ruins of Dantooine. Literally. Nothing. Happens. Whatsoever.

Also a contender for me is The Approaching Storm, in which several interesting things happen and the remaining 250 pages are spent describing various plants and animals. Also, Anakin sings at one point.

2. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    In my mind I remember Crystal Star being painful, but so was Children of the Jedi....that hurt my head! But teh scene in Crystal Star where Luke beats up Han.....it just read so wrong. No, Luke never beats Han up......and probably couldn't without the Force....fact. :p

3. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    The Crystal Star is the only book I've ever thrown across the room, I admit. :p

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Adalia-Durron likes this.
  4. zark

zark Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2009
    Part of my actually like the approaching storm.

5. imiller

imiller Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2004
    Enemy Lines mostly had Wedge, Luke, and Jaina and Jag, with Han and Leia, and others as strong supporting characters. I think the Corran ones are the Dark Tide books, if we're thinking of the same books.

Ah, Mindor. I think Stover is overrated (have since Traitor), but Mindor tears in a couple directions. On the one hand, it actually mentions Feylis and X-Wing Rogue Squadron comics characters, and has some pretty decent Luke and storytelling devices. On the other hand, Stover dissed Zahn, included rather annoying characters from Shatterpoint (the exact kind of thing people criticize Zahn for), messed up with the TIE Defenders, and babbled about exploding stars for some reason. But he also included the fantastic line about Luke not being afraid of the dark...hmmm. I just don't know.

I don't really remember a lot of Crystal Star, except that Leia wanders around with the bad guy's wife, there's lot of blood, Luke uses the force to disguise himself, you can breath inside Waru's insides, Jaina and Jacen use the Force to do some awesome stuff that no one ever does again, and...yeah. It was a long time ago, and I've never really had a desire to reread it.

Anyway, I've long been confused why the Enemy Lines events are more referenced and loved in fandom. SBS and TUF make sense, but I think Borleias provides some of the most incredible space battles and particularly clever tactics of the whole series. Sure, the Luke plot is a bit odd, but Wedge's plot is beyond awesome.

6. zark

zark Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2009
    Yeah, I was about to right a post explaining my Mindor hate, but I'm too tired, and not motivated to write anything near that long. Sorry.

7. adaml83

adaml83 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 8, 2004
    Still Sinre's fault... ;)

zarkinfrood likes this.
  8. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
  9. adaml83

Dec 8, 2004
    Heh, you know me well enough Addie that I'm gonna keep that up...;)

Still blaming him for continental drift.

10. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    That's right! I liked those! I don't think they were my favourite, but they were pretty cool. :D

s65horsey likes this.
  11. imiller

Apr 26, 2004
    Do it! Please! I need more allies who don't think the light of the EU shines from Stover's...erm...pen...

12. zark

zark Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2009
    Okay, the use of Kar Vaster was a mistake. He wasn't an interesting or dynamic character the first time around, and he wasn't any better in mindor. Second, what was with that horrible horrible home spun force cult that dude was trying to start? It was stupid, he kept knocking Palpatine who was the most successful Sith lord in millennia, and he wasn't a bad guy I felt my interest piqued by. Thankfully it's been so long I don't remember much else except a badly written Leia, disjointed parallel storylines, (Luke's vs the pilots up top) and weird all powerful slime? Not a winner. Just not. I've purged most of it from my mind now.

13. imiller

Apr 26, 2004
    zarkinfrood: I agree completely about Vaster. Boring, boring villain (and people complain about Thaal!). Just a nearly inarticulate bully. And it really felt self-indulgent to bring him into the new time period (which is personal preference, of course. I don't mind it when Zahn or Allston or Stackpole do the same thing, or even when Tyers did similar call-backs - but Allston and Tyers are very conscientious about it, making sure that it serves the story, and not being simple fan/self-service. Vaster didn't feel like that at all, except for the ending line.)

Force cult...I thought at first it was the return of the Jedi Prince Prophets of the Dark Side. Now that would have been really hilarious.

I don't remember Leia or Han, sadly. Most of what I remember is Luke-as-wannabe-noir-hero and Hobbie referencing Darklighter a lot. And TIE Defenders. Frikkin TIE Defenders.

14. I_am_Kooky

I_am_Kooky Sth Aust. Chapter Representative star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    *re-paints the ceiling*

Hi guys!

15. imiller

Apr 26, 2004
    What was wrong with the ceiling. *scratches head, looks up*

Did you get rid of the big portrait of Cade Skystumbler? Cause that would definitely be an improvement ;-)

zarkinfrood likes this.
  16. adaml83

Dec 8, 2004
    Nah Kooky does that from time to time. It's how she is.

17. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    She's ....Kooky, but she did get rid of that image, it disturbed me... ;)

18. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    imiller First you dog on Corran in one thread tonight and now you're going after my other man Cade? You and I are going to spar! :p

19. imiller

Apr 26, 2004
    Er...sorry? Um, otters are awesome?

20. zark

zark Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2009
    I'm actually not a cade fan either, but otters are awesome!

21. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    imiller is calling you out Sey!!

22. imiller

Apr 26, 2004
    No no no! I cannot lie, I find Cade infuriating and Corran pre-I, Jedi annoying, but he's awesome afterwards! Surely we do not need to come to blows!

23. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    LOL! She wont hurt you....yet.

Those of you in the know about the former Wild Knightz of the GC and the Current Shadow Sabers of the GC......will know when I say ....The Trio...
    [​IMG]

I_am_Kooky likes this.
  24. I_am_Kooky

I_am_Kooky Sth Aust. Chapter Representative star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    THAT IS AWESOME!!!! AH!!!
    I didnt know they had tatoo's . . ..Oh well! THATS EPIC!

25. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Well, it those three.....they probably woke up with them one morning.....