main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Maul's Finally Meets His Maker

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Darth JSlom, Sep 12, 2012.

?

If Maul Is Finally Finished Off, Who Will Be Responsible?

1. Obi-Wan Kenobi

29.6%
  2. Anakin Skywalker [The Chosen One]

14.8%
  3. Count Dooku

9.3%
  4. Darth Sidious

63.0%
  5. General Grevious

3.7%
  6. Asajj Ventress

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Ahsoka Tano

5.6%
  8. Mace Windu

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Yoda

1.9%
  10. Other

16.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    That's hilarious. In Dark Empire when Boba Fett comes back he's just like yep, the Sarlacc didn't think I was tasty. It's every bit as incomplete an explanation as Maul surviving through his hatred, if not, worse. Nice one.

2. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    You obviously haven't read the Bounty Hunter Wars novels.

3. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Or Tales from Jabba's Palace or of the Bounty Hunters, whichever had Fett engaging in conversation with what was either the Sarlacc or a Jedi the Sarlacc had eaten.[face_plain]

Zeta1127 likes this.
  4. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    I actually have one of those that I read when I was younger, but like I said, I was referring to Dark Empire.

5. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Obi-Wan went from being a successful 1-time Sith killer, to a incompetent rag doll that is about to lose his kill to Sidious.

Zeta1127 likes this.
  6. Esg

Esg Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Or the Dark Empire Sourcebook

7. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011

8. Esg

Esg Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Dark Empire Scourcebook =/ Dark Empire

9. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    The Bounty Hunter Wars Trilogy explains exactly how Boba Fett survived, in a way that makes perfect sense, unless one is a film purist. Of course a film purist is just going ignore TCW anyway.

Esg likes this.
  10. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    My point exactly...

11. Esg

Esg Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    I remember the explanation for Fett's survival makes sense in context because he survived due to his armor. Not to mention Marvel Star Wars also showed him surviving it to be thrown into it again

Not to mention being thrown in the Sarlacc isn't an instant death sentence to begin with unlike being sliced in half

Inblackestnight likes this.
  12. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    Yet you don't see the relevance of Luke surviving a fall down a seemingly bottomless pit and Darth Vader surviving otherwise mortal wounds through hatred. :p

13. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    The writers will kill him for the sake of the plot.. And then he will be brought back again as a head suspended in a jar he built himself only driven by pure anger.

Wouldn't surprise me in the least.

14. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    You're right in the sense that just like with the "resurrection" of Darth Maul, if GL demanded it there would be no one to say no.

15. Esg

Esg Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Luke used the Force to ease his fall
    Vader's injuries were critical and wouldn't have survived if he didn't have immediate medical attention so I don't see credence in the claim he could survive on his own indefinitely like Maul when he couldn't.

16. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    Darth Maul can break a fall with the Force just as well as Luke, I think. And in Brothers they make it fairly clear Morley played a role in his survival.

17. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    Don't mention Morley again. That goddamn snake.

GGrievous likes this.
  18. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    I loved Morley, he increased the hellish Dante's Inferno vibe I love so much about Brothers by infinite.

19. Esg

Esg Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    It's not the fall that bothered me it was how he could survive without immediate medical attention for 10 years, not unless the Snake had access to some advanced tech which I doubt. Maw got saved by being halved with cybernetics, Simus had arcane knowledge, Maul has?

Inblackestnight likes this.
  20. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    The only Star Wars work influenced by Dante's Inferno was Traitor by Matthew Stover.

Esg likes this.
  21. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Obi-Wan needs to kill him for the last time.

Valairy Scot likes this.
  22. Esg

Esg Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Too bad he won't

Because TCW pretends it hasn't been 10 years and he hasn't mastered Form III

GGrievous and Inblackestnight like this.
  23. Inblackestnight

Inblackestnight Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 26, 2012
    Luke was pulled into a refuse tube and dumped like trash then calls on Leia with the Force, all of which we see happen so nothing is left to the imagination. It's not at all the same case with Maul, especially since he was severely injured with no allies nearby and it was publicly stated that it was intended for him to be dead. Vader's injuries weren't near as bad as Maul's. People survive severe burns and dismemberment all the time and they don't have the Force to help them. There's definitely relevence in comparison, but treatment of characters that aren't much more than a villian of the week are never equal to that of main characters, so I don't know why Maul was chosen for this role instead of a new character, such as Savage, since we know this new plot doesn't do anything of note. I suppose starting from the beginning with my posts isn't so bad since I seem to be saying the same things anyway :p

As far as who should finally put down Maul, if it does actually happen which I doubt it will since he was brought back to sell more toys so killing him off in the very next season doesn't make sense, I'm sure there will be a difference between who I would like and who will end up doing it. I think Obi-Wan should still get the kill, but I'm betting that Sidious will pit him against Dooku or Anakin. I also think Tarados has a good point about Ventress, Maul, and Talzin being connected so there may be something to that.

Esg likes this.
  24. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    Darth Maul had been under the tutelage of Darth Sidious nearly his whole life. They didn't develop the character at all which is a problem with Ep. I, not a problem with TCW, but just because they didn't make all he learned explicit doesn't mean he couldn't have learned it, especially after we know what we do about Darth Sidious and Darth Plagueis from Ep. III. Figuring out how to use the dark side of the Force to cheat death seems to play a significant rule in Sidious' view of the Force, and he's the one who taught Maul everything he knew about the Force. You really don't even need to read below the surface to see the explanation, it's quite plain out front.

25. Esg

Esg Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Except Maul was still an learner and not the master. And it's not exactly in Sidious's game to share everything

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.