main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars Chronological Order (TCW Episodes & Viewing Orders)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by han_solo_321, Feb 4, 2009.

1. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Well, as GG so aptly put it in the Micro Series thread:
    So, suffice to say I don't 100% like where Lucas is taking this franchise. Better off without him at this point.

Heero_Yuy likes this.
  2. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Neither do I. Maybe 80% for me. Better with him than without.

TreborSabreon likes this.
  3. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    It depends what qualifies as a massive shift. I think Jedi/Sith history is way more crucial to the story of Star Wars than the military details of the Clone Wars, and the quantity of words devoted to each in the EU doesn't change that. Also, if you attribute significance to the fact that one example "is still largely intact anyway" after being partially retconned I think it's only fair to give TCW credit for doing the same.

Alexrd likes this.
  4. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Yes, but JvS has no shifts in its timeline, really, as is the case with the Clone Wars era. Also, I pointed out that JvS was a single work, whereas many works are affected by TCW. Timeline issues are the most damaging, IMO. It strains credibility that everything pre-2008 takes place in such a short amount of time. And it's not about what I think is more important IU; my perspective is on the OU works themselves.

Of course, Chee has only just begun to release the detailed timeline, and he has stated that some of the pre-TCW stuff is chronologically before Christophsis, not all. So while I'm pissed about the timeline issues, I'm happy about the solution and can deal with it. I'm still here, aren't I?;)

Zeta1127, Esg and Dark Lord Tarkas like this.
  5. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    TCW is ruining any possibility of there ever being any more Clone Wars works that I like, for absolutely complete and totally no reason, and in a way that disgusts me, so I am kind of concerned.

6. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    That doesn't answer my question. You have apparently an interest in the series, right? If it's just because it's "ruining" (as if you had to accept it) your view, isn't that a bigger reason to ignore it all together?

7. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    For absolutely complete and totally no reason other than that the prequels mostly sucked. :p

8. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    I could see Chee typing all of this, and believing it will all work in the end in his head. But once he actually starts to reorganize the CW timeline, he would quickly give up because it's one giant cluster****.

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan and Esg like this.
  9. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Anakin and Obi-Wan's participation is not over a month. It's from day 21 onwards, as I recall. The rest of the battle Alpha leads, and there may even be engagements before that which the Republic are not involved with. Once Alpha finishes up with Anakin and Obi-Wan, they hook up with Fordo and complete the micro-series events, and then join Alpha again at Jabiim. Then they are separated again and Anakin is assigned Rex.

Once Jabiim is sorted, there is plenty of space for the rest, if you have Cestus Deception and Jedi Trial take place simultaneously.

10. Mia Mesharad

Mia Mesharad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    That is a perfect idea for the new, condensed chronology.

11. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    There is zero reason for Cestus Deception to take place where it does. It even references the Battle of Jabiim, which suggests it should be post-Jabiim anyway.

It takes up so much time, but Obi-Wan and Anakin are separated. Take advantage of this, Leland!

12. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I merged this thread with the existing one.

13. Zeta1127

Sep 2, 2012
    There is also zero reason for TCW to do what it is doing.

Esg likes this.
  14. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Zeta, when it is eventually slotted together neatly, will you be more content?

15. Zeta1127

Sep 2, 2012
    No, because TCW is changing way too much. The Clone Wars multimedia project was written to pioneer the Clone Wars and outline how they played out, not be a footnote like is clearly going to be after TCW is taking over the era.

16. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    I anticipate that the original Clone Wars will dominate the first 7 weeks and the last six months of the war, ditto moments that are untouched by the series. It'll all be merged neatly eventually.

Much like the Marvel comics were eventually integrated back into continuity.

17. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I hope they find a way to integrate the first Dac battle with the latter (inferior) one and the Battle of Muunilinst with the "IGBC is neutral" gobbledygook.

18. Zeta1127

Sep 2, 2012
    The problem with that is I am perfectly happy with how the original Clone Wars played out, and I can't see Anakin being knighted so early and having a Padawan, or anything else TCW has come up with.

19. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Well, in the very original Clone Wars, Tikkes, the IGBC was neutral, and it was at Muunilinst the Republic realised it was not. This will simply change to 'part of it', much like the Trade Federation.

Which all works better for me, because every corporation leaving the Republic at once should have destroyed it there and then.

Inblackestnight likes this.
  20. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    I was wondering why the alert for this thread brought me back 2 pages. [face_hypnotized]

And Zeta1127, were the original Clone Wars products really that good? I know you haven't read most of them, so are you more upset with the fact that such a clear-cut timeline is being shifted around, in addition to the continuity problems you only know about second-hand? TCW is bad but it doesn't deserve to be held in such low esteem for those reasons alone. I'm not saying it's wrong to be upset with these changes. I am too. But it's not conducive to concentrate on the hate. We can all bash TCW when these inconsistencies crop up, but we shouldn't dwell on them and let them dominate our perception of the show itself. I always say that as much harm TCW has done it has done a fair amount of good.

If you can't get over these issues with TCW, then it's better to follow Gry Sarth's example and just give up on TCW. Concentrate on what you do like. Celebrate the micro series. Discuss the books and what you like in those. As I said, it's never fun to live a life full of hate. We must overcome our hate of what TCW does wrong and embrace our love of the greater SW universe. Otherwise, don't post in a forum where the idea is to discuss a show that people like and enjoy.

But it is. I'm sorry, but TCW exists and nothing's going to change that. Either accept it or just do what everyone else does with things they hate- ignore it. You don't have to be happy about it; life is not perfect. Not everything is going to go your way. Deal with it.

21. Zeta1127

Sep 2, 2012
    Its like how I can't stand the Denningverse because I can't see Jacen Solo's fall and everything else that came with that storyline as anything less than a betrayal of Traitor.

22. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    Ok... It is still a mess whether it is better for you or not. The whole "who is neutral, who is a true Separatist, who was loyal and who is not to the CIS or Republic" part of the War is a mess...

23. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    You have to be optimistic Zeta. Pick on what you do love.

The previous Clone Wars was not perfect, by a very long shot. You are focusing on the good within that, which is great, but you won't be happy if you do it to the detriment of the rest because then you will miss out on the good moments to come. There will also be bad parts to the TCW run, insofar much as there are very good parts. The same with the 'Denningverse'. There are gems within the latter, such as Inferno and Mercy Kill (I choose the most universally approved of), just as much as there are arcs within TCW that are loved.

24. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    To each is own. The Previous CW was pretty perfect hands down!

25. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Reposting