main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars Chronological Order (TCW Episodes & Viewing Orders)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by han_solo_321, Feb 4, 2009.

1. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    So Chee left out the older CW series between AOTC and Cat and Mouse... hmmmmm.....

2. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    I haven't read or watched much of the Clone Wars multimedia project either, but I am very familiar with it because the Dark Lord Trilogy and the Republic Commando series are built on it, in a way that makes it very hard for me to take TCW seriously.

3. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    Well the microseries would be weaving through TCW depending on the chapter and the second volume would be difficult to place at this point because we don't know how far TCW is being taken into ROTS or if it all.

4. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2010
    While I know even the creator of the microseries feels like his work is being ignored, no one has officially said his series is non-canon yet, and Chee isn't advocating that. He's focusing on the events of specific episodes of TCW while he mentions roughly the events of the microseries as happening in the months between eps II and TCW. He also says in a followup post that those events definitely still happen.

The microseries might have a few inconsistencies because of TCW, but it still fits in almost perfectly if you put everything seen up until Anakin gets his scar before Cat and Mouse. Same with all of the Republic comics until at least Rendili. Obsession itself might even fit before TCW if we accept that Adi somehow survives (poor Greivous) and that Ventress somehow decides to go back to Dooku (dumb, but possible).

5. Darth_Calgmoth

Darth_Calgmoth Jedi Master star 2

Jul 7, 2006
    Pushing stories stretching over a long period of time simply in the few months after Geonosis makes no sense at all. The time line is an important and integral part of those stories. You simply cannot change the time line and still say this all 'happened'. This just makes no sense.

Just publish an 'Esssential Guide to Chronometry and Calendar Reforms'. Or make this topic a subdivision of the next Essential Chronology. The Clone Wars should simply be a few years longer than we thought they would. The whole system of BBY and ABY is somewhat irritating, and it's obvious that the Republican calendars did not include the Battle of Yavin in their system.

So how could this chronological mess be resolved? Perhaps appointed a commission to resolve a mess in the Old Republic Galactic Calendar system when he was elected Supreme Chancellor. Just as Pope Gregory XIII changed Caesar's old calendar. Considering that this whole thing would be about 'Galactic Standard Time' or something like that, there might not only be a problem in passing time but also in trying to define 'a Galactic Standard Year' or something like that.

If said commission came forward with its new calendar during the Clone Wars, Palpatine might have invoked it without debate using his Emergency Powers. This might also have been the end to the 'Pre-Imperial Time' Tim Zahn referred to in his Thrawn Trilogy. Perhaps Palpatine would end up using some obscure planetary rotation cycle as the Galactic Standard Year, perhaps the Year of Naboo, or, even better, the Year of Grizmallt

It would be entirely possible for three years to disappear like that, and Palpatine might very well insist all the time afterwards that they were technically only fighting a few months. And, of course, the Confederacy would continue to use the old calendar, adding to the whole confusion.

A similar thing might have happened later on after the Battle of Yavin. The New Republic eventually established the whole Battle of Yavin system. Perhaps a few years disappeared here as well, at least later on, when the calendar was changed yet again. Perhaps the scholars changed the Palpatinian Standard Year, but kept most of the other reformations intact invoked by the Palpatine Commission.

cwustudent and Dark Lord Tarkas like this.
  6. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    They seem good to me, when I read the RotS novelization, many of those events have impacted Anakin, in a way that I can't take TCW seriously.

Yes, that's my exact problem, I am upset by the fact that such a clear cut timeline is being shifted around, in addition to the continuity problems I only know about second-hand. All I see is Lucas showing a lack of respect for other artist's work, and it disgusts me.

7. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    Too true. That is the problem with Lucas - he respects nobody but himself.
    He does not care for the fans, the previous artists and authors of EU material and so on.

And let's face it, there is a lot of proof in the world that shows that some fans and EU creators know what is better for the Star Wars universe than the person who created it.

Zeta1127 likes this.
  8. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    Sooooooo - airing in chronological order, eh? Pretty cool.

9. TheAvengerButton

TheAvengerButton Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 2011
    Or you can just like George's version better. :p

Valairy Scot likes this.
  10. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    I can not! He has made it so I can not like it better...

11. TheAvengerButton

TheAvengerButton Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 2011
    Give in, Dan_Grievous! Give in to your non-hatred!

12. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    I love this announcement, actually. I never understood all of the time-line hop-scotching.

13. cwustudent

Apr 25, 2011
    I enjoy a linear story. Luckily I have all the seasons. But its a pain, when I have to get up to change discs every other episode.

14. Cary_the_Brave

Cary_the_Brave Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 5, 2012
    Why not just start with the chronology in the first place instead of airing random episodes at a time?

15. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    Lack of foresight?

16. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    Different priorities? (I know, crazy thought!)

cwustudent likes this.
  17. Cary_the_Brave

Cary_the_Brave Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 5, 2012
    I dunno, it seems like more work is put on Chee's back

18. Inblackestnight

Inblackestnight Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 26, 2012
    Airing the eps in chronolgical order is one of the better ideas since this show began. Did TPTB think that by producing them out of order makes them appear more intelligent or something? Has this happened on other shows and its fans thought it was a good idea?

cwustudent likes this.
  19. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Just gives them another excuse to repackage TCW Blu-ray boxsets in the future. I think it'll be cool to watch in chronicle order but the jumping around didn't bother me much. I'm sure it'll be great for those looking to sort out the timeline but I find the best way view TCW is the break episodes into big arcs based on subplots.

20. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011

InherentConflict and cwustudent like this.
  21. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    That's one reason my theater PC has multiple Blu Ray drives.. :oops:I watched seasons 1-4 over the summer as arcs in chronological order [rather my best guess at the chronological order]. I'm glad that we'll finally have something official though.

cwustudent likes this.
  22. cwustudent

Apr 25, 2011
    I recently did the same thing! I finished last week, but saved the last four episodes for one sitting. I didn't include Massacre, because I watched it quite a while ago, immediately after the Nightsisters Trilogy. Saturday morning: Bounty, Brothers, Revenge, Revival. :cool:

KenobiSkywalker likes this.
  23. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    I did TPM and AOTC, then one arc per week then the rest of the movies over the off season of TCW.

24. cwustudent

Apr 25, 2011
    Which version of the saga? ie. Blu-ray, 2004 DVDs...

25. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    Blu Rays. The projection screen is 165", so it pretty much rules out the use of any other media, unfortunately.