main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT Words that were never said in the Classic Trilogy

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by starkiller1980, Mar 15, 2012.

1. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    Han: "Bespin's pretty far, but I think we can make it." -ESB

To be fair, though, it was half-mumbled and not a line as well-known as, say....'I am your father.' :p

2. TOSCHESTATION

TOSCHESTATION Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2003
    'Imperial Star Destroyer' or even 'Star Desroyer' were never said* in the first film SW/ANH...Han calls them 'Imperial Cruisers' in that film. :-B

*in the script, they are so-called, but this usage alternates with 'Imperial Cruiser' (with the latter predominating?)

3. Jeff McKissock

Jeff McKissock Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 11, 2012
    I forgot about that line in ESB sorry about that.Speaking of Empire I don't think "Lobot" was ever said or "Cloud Car"

4. Darth_Nub

Darth_Nub Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 26, 2009
    'Lobot' wasn't even in the credits. The character is listed as 'Lando's aide'.

5. TOSCHESTATION

Jan 17, 2003
    :eek:

You're right....so did Kenner (toy co.) come up with the name? [face_thinking]

6. Jeff McKissock

Sep 11, 2012
    I think they came up with a quite a few names for minor characters. I would say it's a mixture of Lucasfilm employees; The old role playing games; and Kenner.

7. Sure_leia

Sure_leia Jedi Knight

Sep 4, 2012
    Galactic Civil War?
    Coruscant?
    Mandolorian? (although I think it was in the novelization)
    Do they even mention Mon Mothma's name in the movie? She's in the credits and novelization, but, you know not a mention of "Hey, here's the big leader of this whole Rebellion we've been with that last several years."

8. MrFantastic74

MrFantastic74 Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 4, 2010
    Lando Calrissian (ROTJ): "Split up and head back to the surface. And see if you can get a few of those TIE fighters to follow you."
    :)

9. Darth_Nub

Apr 26, 2009
    Seems to be a nickname that originated on set and was picked up by Kenner.

The novelisation simply refers to Fett wearing the armour of "a group of evil warriors defeated by the Jedi Knights during the Clone Wars."

Pretty sure the term 'Mandalorian' first appeared in Marvel Star Wars #68 (Feb 1983).

10. Jeff McKissock

Sep 11, 2012
    Coruscant came from the EU- The Thrawn Trilogy I think (if I am wrong please correct me). As for "Galactic Civil War" the closest thing we get is in the crawl to ANH that says 'it is a period of civil war.' Bousssh was never said in ROTJ if my memory serves me correctly.

11. Darth_Nub

Apr 26, 2009
    Correct on all counts.

Occurred to me that 'Cloud City' is only uttered once in the whole trilogy, and it's not in ESB. Guess who says it and where.

12. TOSCHESTATION

Jan 17, 2003
    ???

13. Bobatron

Bobatron Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Did C-3PO say "Cloud City" when telling the story to the Ewoks?
    Not using names is kind of one of STAR WARS' trademarks. I remember anticipating TPM and expecting to see characters with names to learn from toys after seeing the movie.
    I had a hope of hearing "Star Wars" in the prequels, but in the form of something like like "war among the stars".

14. Darth_Nub

Apr 26, 2009
    Ding ding ding

Give the man a cigar.

15. TOSCHESTATION

Jan 17, 2003
    :oops:

16. mastertang

mastertang Jedi Youngling

Sep 19, 2012
    Tusken Raiders

17. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    Not sure, but I don't think anyone used the term "Tusken Raider". They were all Sand People.

Executor

18. sith_rising

sith_rising Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 7, 2004
    It's amazing how many words had become common knowledge during the OT, even though they weren't said in the movies: Wampa, Dianoga, A-Wing, B-Wing, Y-Wing, TIE Bomber, TIE Interceptor, Tusken Raider, Dewback, Dengar, Bossk, IG-88, Zuckuss, 4-LOM, Lobot, Ugnaught, Ewok (and their individual names), Nien Nunb, Bib Fortuna, Gamorrean, AT-AT, Scout Walker, Probot, R5-D4 (called an Artoo unit in the movie), Power (Gonk) Droid, etc.

The power of merchandising! Even kids that didn't have a lot of figures knew who was who.

Yunners and DarthBoba like this.