main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Should Jaina and Jag have kids?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Allana_Rey, Sep 16, 2012.

?

Should Jaina and Jag have kids?

1. Yes

44 vote(s)
    81.5%
  2. No

10 vote(s)
    18.5%
  1. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Do you guys want Jaina and Jag to have kids?

I say yes! But she should find out she's pregnant at the end of SOTJ. I'd like for her to have Twins, have one be none Force Sensitive. If she has a girl, name her Padme!

2. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Yes, she will have kids. We know for a fact that Jag will have at least one son.

We've already read stories about Jaina and Jag's grandson Roan and their great-granddaughter Marasiah.

[​IMG][​IMG]

I hope Jaina has twins too, but twin boys (so there can be speculation for us in the future about which one will become the next Emperor).

Ulicus and RC-1991 like this.
  3. Dr. Steve Brule

Dr. Steve Brule Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2012
    I've never considered that before, but hearing it now, I think it's a great idea.

Silas Allender and morrison85 like this.
  4. max-attac

max-attac Jedi Knight star 1

May 23, 2009
    You forget Mohrgan Fel, the cousin of Roan Fel, so Jaina have at least two kids (maybe twins)

5. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
  6. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    We went over this in the temp boards, but Mohrgan could be a descendent of one of Jag's siblings.

7. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    If the Del Rey/LFL novel team ever remembers that they exist.

Darth-Ghost likes this.
  8. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    This is a great idea!

Also leaves open the possibility of one of them rejecting the whole "Imperial" thing, taking up the Solo name and going off galavanting around the galaxy with a wookiee, instead. :p

Force Smuggler and morrison85 like this.
  9. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    Oh, come on, don't be silly with inventive ideas... we all know one of them would fall to the dark side, murder the other, and ensure their succession as the sole heir to the throne. :p

CT-867-5309 likes this.
  10. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    Zorrixoooorrrrr!
    [​IMG]

Zorrixor likes this.
  11. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    Specifically Lumpy.

Dark Lady Mara and Ulicus like this.
  12. AusStig

AusStig Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2010
    +1

13. Manisphere

Manisphere Jedi Master star 5

Aug 25, 2007
    They have kids. But later. Please, Del Rey, much later.

14. Hope

Hope Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 27, 1999
    I voted yes but I could be happy with either option. I do hope they'll wait until after the SotJ trilogy for Jaina to become pregnant because I just don't trust Golden.

What I don't want to see is twins.

15. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    It frustrates me that they've now used up the "secret kid" card with Allana, as a shadow child brought up in secret in the Ascendancy (for fear of assassination by the Moffs or Daala or whatever) would have been a nice way to not force the "Sword of the Jedi" (*groan*) into full time child care (Bastila, I'm looking at you), but also not force Jaina to simply be a clone of Leia and constantly be pushing the kids off onto droids and nannies (or grandparents, as in Allana' case... well, unless it was Soontir who was raising the secret Imperial heir in the Ascendancy :cool: ).

Plus, having a child brought up completely outside the Skysolo family (no, you're not bringing up another grandkid, Leia) would have been a way to inject an entirely fresh mindset into the character dynamics, with the future Imperial heir very much not a Skysolo in attitude, but distinctly a Fel, much in the vein of Jagged moreso than Jaina, so that when said Fel heir was revealed, it would have been very different to just "Oh, I'm really Allana Solo... yeah, you all knew that already, I know." After all, Ben, Han, Luke, Leia... none of them would have even had a clue about the child's existence if the "shadow child" approach was followed strictly to the letter for the good of the Empire.

You could have had all sorts of political intrigue, with Fel's opponents thinking he had no heir, that he or Jaina were infertile, that the Emperor's line was going to be short lived, that there was no need to assassinate him, that time would take care of the rest... then bam, out comes the secret shadow born in a couple of decades time, to the total shock of the Moffs. Cue Jagged and Jaina laughing at people for not trying to get rid of them sooner, now that they had totally secured their bloodline's future control of the Empire.

But instead of a chance to see more Chiss and explore Ascendancy politics we just got the Hapan heir briefly running around with her grandparents and a fake alias. [face_sigh]

16. LexiLupin

LexiLupin Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 27, 2011
    But the shadow child thing is a Chiss tradition (well, supposedly, based on one Denning reference about Cem) so, while it wouldn't be an original concept, it also wouldn't necessarily seem like a copy&paste of Allana. Allana wasn't a 'secret kid'- the Hapans knew she existed, even if she never appeared publically. Tenel Ka just decided to spare her a lifetime of further assassination attempts by pretending she had died. And even that only lasted a couple years.
    That seems different enough to me from a wholly secret child, who would basically reappear to assume power in the Empire's time of need.

Blast it, Zorrixor, now I really want this to happen!

And I concur that they should NOT have children any time soon. Jaina was smart enough to not run off and get married when Jag wanted her to the first time, I'd like to think she's smart enough to not get knocked up right as she's really embracing the whole 'Sword' idea.

Zorrixor likes this.
  17. beccatoria

beccatoria Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 8, 2006
    And they end up with Force Sensitive descendants. Possible, but probably more likely that he's descended from Jaina, unless they forget and have to joint the dots after the fact.

18. EECHUUTA

EECHUUTA Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2007
    I voted 'No.' If they have to insert a kid into the picture, why not have them adopt one? I think if I were them, it would be better to adopt a kid that they knew wasn't Force sensitive, because all it seems the FS Skysolos have in their lives is constant tragedy. It also brings up a different story line potential that is fresh, because how would that kid be able to handle being 'mundane' compared to his FS parents and adopted cousins? Reason why I say this is because I find the whole 'have a baby' character path of development kind of over-used and expected, but adoption would be a novel way of shaking up and exploring whole new territory.

19. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    One of the potential pitfalls (in Children of the Jedi) with Jedi having families- is when one child is only weakly Sensitive, and the rest strongly so- the result- jealousy. Such a child has a greater temptation to tap into the dark side "and can be the most dangerous of all".

20. DarthNefaris

DarthNefaris Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 11, 2011
    As I said before Jaina and Jagged are almost 40, they have to make kids. And the twin would be nice to see, especially if one of them is not a Force-sensitive. I don't want to see this later, they are too old already.

21. LexiLupin

Mar 27, 2011
    They are 35 and 37 (ish) in Apocalypse. Mara and Luke were what, 43 and 45 when Ben was born?
    Yeah, I'm going to say give them a decade or so.

22. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    Didn't Lando have a kid when he was like 120 or something? Anyways, no to the question. Jaina should divorce Jag, quit the Jedi, inherit the Firefly, I mean the Falcon, and just buzz around doing some smuggling jobs.

Mazzic likes this.
  23. LexiLupin

Mar 27, 2011
    Oh yeah, Tendra Calrissian was somewhere in the 50-55 range when she had Lando Jr. (And yes, I think Lando was somewhere around 120 or so :p Give or take a half-century...)

24. EECHUUTA

EECHUUTA Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2007
    Well, a woman can potentially have babies until she is completely through menopause, so the 55 age isn't really a shocker. However her eggs age the same time as her, so after a point (about age 35) her risk of having a baby with a genetic disorder grows.

If Jaina is supposed to dump out out the golden brat she might as well get it over with, but I'd love to see her story go in a different direction and explore a different facet of the universe that doesn't involve a child tagging along. What galactic cultures are out there that could be explored from a different perspective? For example, I know the Witches of Dathomir would be one, since they are matriarchal. They are hostile to a man stepping on their planet but they might invite a female there, such as Jaina (at least the Lightsider ones would.) It would be neat to see what Force techniques they could teach her and what she could discover. Stuff that goes off the beaten path and isn't the same old fluff that gets repeated a million times.

25. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    No exploring. She has to rule as empress.