main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC itt we tell luke to dtmfa

Discussion in 'Community' started by AaylaSecurOWNED, Sep 13, 2012.

1. Darth Somnambulous

Darth Somnambulous Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 2, 2012
    What has happened to the JCC? Back in the old days someone would have searched him on myspace and linked him to this thread.

2. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Yes. Great idea. I'll search for Whitey's boyfriend on the relevant social networking website MySpace.

3. Darth Somnambulous

Sep 2, 2012
  4. TahiriVeilaSolo69

TahiriVeilaSolo69 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 27, 2002
    Myspace still exists?

5. Debo

Debo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 27, 2001
    Wow. It does. Even after clearing my cache.

6. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    It's not lazy to want people to stop playing games and be honest about how they feel. When somebody flat out tells you a lie, they're aren't doing that because they're trying to keep from hurting you. It's because they're afraid to tell the truth. I feel how deeply I was hurt because the girl that I was in a relationship with lied to me repeatedly about how she felt about me and led me to believe numerous things that weren't true for weeks, all because she couldn't just have the courage to just frigging tell me the truth, which was that she didn't love me anymore and had found someone new. If she had just told me when it started, it would have been better and I would have been hurt a lot less. Now I get the fun of looking back at numerous times when I know she was lying to me and I have to wonder just how far back did the lies start? The longer you stay with someone that you want to leave, the more the pain is going to be. Just be honest. I mean, for God's sake, am I seriously having to defend honesty in relationships? That's all I'm saying. And pretending that you're invested in a relationship by staying with someone when you really just want out isn't honest. So just everybody grow some ***** and just tell the truth. Straight-up, no chaser. You want out? Say this: "I want out."

Relationships could be so simple if everyone would just follow this rule.

I can say "grow some *****," right?

Hmm, I guess its kind of a flame . . . I'm not saying I'll kick anyone in them, but by saying people need to grow them, I'm kind of generally saying people don't already have them . . . oh, well, asterix is my friend. Gray areas. There are lots of grey areas. :p

7. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    Anecdotal evidence. :p I insist: most of the time, "I'm just sincere about my feelings" means "I'm obnoxiously rude and was born in a barn, and proud of it!".

8. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    How does a mod not know this? You can actually say "grow some balls."

Sheesh. :p

9. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    You just can't say you'll kick him in the *****. Like bitch, it straddles an annoyingly precise line. :p

10. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Well, you can't say to another user, "I'd like to kick you in the balls," but you can say," I'd like to kick my boss, etc in the balls."

But... "grow some balls" ... I've seen that one used many times.

11. Darth Somnambulous

Sep 2, 2012
    I think there is a difference between being honest and being brutally honest. For example, "I don't want to be with you anymore because I want to chase younger skirts shorts." is rude and not the best thing to say. "I don't want to be with you anymore." is honest without being rude. If you really intend to break up with someone being blunt and clear about what it is you want to say is the best way. If you try too hard to soften it or to be subtle, you lose that clarity, and often don't really get your message across. Chances are he is going to be hurt regardless of what you say because break-ups are painful, especially if one person is done and the other is not.

12. Whitey

Whitey Jedi Master star 6

Jan 26, 2003
    this thing is hard to do when surprised by a nice camping trip. damn him

13. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Try to keep in mind that what he does for you is not your relationship.

Also, being that you had a nice camping trip, this may be a good time to end it... on a high note. You know? That way, you have good memories of the relationship, instead of a long steady decline. It's very easy to "take what you can get" in a bad relationship. When I say that, I don't mean that you are taking whatever, or expecting whatever. I mean, things are bad for a while, fights happen, etc... then he does something nice for you, and you feel guilty for being unhappy in the relationship... so then you don't break up. Then you go through a longer period of decline... fights happen, you're increasingly unsatisfied in the relationship, then he does something nice for you, and that makes you feel good, so you don't break up... and on, and on, and on.

Whitey likes this.
  14. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    I don't think there's any way he can end this one on a high note. (<---- is brutally honest)

15. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Whenever I see "brutally honest" I think of a truthful caveman who beats people with a club.

JoinTheSchwarz likes this.
  16. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Can't help but wonder if he doesn't feel something already and hence the 'surprise nice camping trip'? Luke, you're only prolonging the inevitable pain. Tell him before he does more nice things.

17. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    Yeah! What's next? Brunch in a botanical garden with a live string quartet? Think of the unspeakable horrors you will have to face if you don't end this ASAP.

Whitey likes this.
  18. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    How would you even know, Empireforeveralone?

Whitey likes this.
  19. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    I can imagine quite a bit.

20. Whitey

Jan 26, 2003
    Yes, I need to do it before we go on our annual 4 day camping trip up to Northern Wisconsin :(

21. Obi-Zahn Kenobi

Obi-Zahn Kenobi Force Ghost star 7

Aug 23, 1999
    I am confused.

22. Whitey

Jan 26, 2003
    the surprise trip was just a one day thing he planned while heading home from work. the annual thing is planned far ahead of time.

23. Whitey

Jan 26, 2003
    He just surprised me at work with awesome chocolate energy bars from a local food co-op. This niceness is getting out of hand.

24. Bacon164

Bacon164 Chosen One star 8

Mar 22, 2005
    can you just break up with him already

AaylaSecurOWNED likes this.
  25. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    You know I just realized that I've been posting in a relationship thread. I knew combining the forums was a bad idea.

Darth Somnambulous likes this.