main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What is the Celestial?

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by aldrestjedimaster, Sep 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aldrestjedimaster

aldrestjedimaster Jedi Master star 1

Sep 4, 2012
    I have heard a little bit of them and they seem to have a history with the Killiks, the Rakata, and maybe with the Father, Daughter, Son, and Mother (Abeloth) they may have even built the centerpoint station and they were called architects but is there anything else on these Celestials?

2. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    There isn't a whole lot on the Celestials. If you've watched Stargate they are kind of like that shows Ancients.

In other words:

Hyper-advanced race, that controlled the galaxy thousands of years before the time we're familiar with. They enslaved the Killiks, Rakata, and a lot of other races. Eventually the Rakata revolted and defeated the Celestials. The Celestials are apparently some sort of 'higher-being' now, similar to the Ancients.

They did in fact build Centerpoint, and are attributed for creating the hyperspace anomalies that make the Unknown Regions 'Unknown'.

Other than that though, there isn't a whole lot known about them.

EDIT: Someone more familiar with that part of the EU could explain better, if there's anything I missed.:p

3. LexiLupin

LexiLupin Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 27, 2011
    There's some weird (and sloppy, IMO) cross-connection between the Celestials and the Ones (Father, Son, Daughter, Abeloth). As far as I can understand it though, that's subject to change because it's based off of Killik hive memory and is therefore not decisive fact. I believe the hive claimed that the Ones were sort of evolved Celestials- what this means though, who knows? Maybe that they became semi-mortal when they took up the whole 'balance of the Force' thing? *shrug*

I call it sloppy because it's so obviously being left open for future interpretation- using the Killik memory is sort of a cop-out that way. It gives them the chance to decide something completely different later with just the explanation of 'oh, the Killiks' memory was skewed because of the hive-mind and over time'- IF they ever try to explain it further.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.